66 56.41%
  • Write In/Third Party

13 11.11%
  • I'm not voting/Haven't decided

16 13.68%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you uhm do realize you have to be a natural born citizen or obtain citizenship to vote right? you can't just hop on a plane and vote.
    If he's not a US citizen, maybe he's interest in spending time in one of our excellent jails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    If he's not a US citizen, maybe he's interest in spending time in one of our excellent jails.
    For “some” reason, he believes it’s easy to vote illegally in US. Might have something to do with Voter ID rhetoric.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That way Moscow Mitch can put another few hundred bills on his desk that won't go anywhere and we can essentially pay them all to do nothing at that point. It'll be so much fun!
    Nothing wrong with letting the states handle more law making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    This scenario favors conservatives as the GOP has shown refusal to compromise and, for some reason, the Dems still do so even if limited.

There isn't the equality here you are trying to put forward.
    I said nothing of equality, I am just looking at the outcome of least harm to my interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    I stalled government that does nothing sure sounds amazing.
    When your country is deeply divided, stalemate is not a bad thing. Only when nothing gets done will both sides be willing to find common ground to get something done.Both parties are sufficiently evil that I do not want either making the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why?

Shit is sane when democrats control things. Republicans literally do nothing to serve the people
    So long as you agree with what the Democrats want, your point would be valid. However, I find many of their desires as repugnant as the Republican's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

So long as you agree with what the Democrats want, your point would be valid. However, I find many of their desires as repugnant as the Republican's.
    What are these "repugnant" desires?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are these "repugnant" desires?
    Not a fan of big government (especially federal), but I do support a significant military for starters. They love taxes and unions too much (GOP has the opposite issue), and they have a general dislike for the rural life style.

See, the thing is neither party has a good standing with me, and I would prefer no change over either of their desired changes because of that.

Not a fan of big government (especially federal), but I do support a significant military for starters. They love taxes and unions too much (GOP has the opposite issue), and they have a general dislike for the rural life style.

See, the thing is neither party has a good standing with me, and I would prefer no change over either of their desired changes because of that.
    What is this “big government” you’re scared of? What Democrat doesn’t support the military?

The hell do you mean “dislike of rural lifestyle” and why do you have a problem with taxes and unions?

You think workers being beholden to private interest only is superior???! How do you expect countries to run without taxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this “big government” you’re scared of? What Democrat doesn’t support the military?

The hell do you mean “dislike of rural lifestyle” and why do you have a problem with taxes and unions?

You think workers being beholden to private interest only is superior???! How do you expect countries to run without taxes?
    My my my, aren't we one to twist what another has said....

I said I dislike big government, that does not mean I am afraid of it. Bureaucracies have a way of becoming self-important. More government is not always better.

I said significant military, not just military. Not many Democrats think the military is underfunded at the moment.

I would not expect someone from New Jersey to understand the difference between rural and metropolitan lifestyles.

Taxation is linked to government spending, which is dictated by the size of government (see big government above). There is nothing wrong with taxation in principle, and nothing I said would lead a unbiased person to conclude I expect countries to run without taxes.

Seriously? Do you not understand that there is more to life than extremes? One can understand the place of unions without kissing their ass, or thinking they have the right to force any worker to support them ( and note, the inverse is true, no union should be forced to support a worker that doesn't support them).

Since I don't live in a swing state I probably won't be voting for anyone because it's a waste of time.

My my my, aren't we one to twist what another has said....

I said I dislike big government, that does not mean I am afraid of it. Bureaucracies have a way of becoming self-important. More government is not always better.

I said significant military, not just military. Not many Democrats think the military is underfunded at the moment.

I would not expect someone from New Jersey to understand the difference between rural and metropolitan lifestyles.

Taxation is linked to government spending, which is dictated by the size of government (see big government above). There is nothing wrong with taxation in principle, and nothing I said would lead a unbiased person to conclude I expect countries to run without taxes.

Seriously? Do you not understand that there is more to life than extremes? One can understand the place of unions without kissing their ass, or thinking they have the right to force any worker to support them ( and note, the inverse is true, no union should be forced to support a worker that doesn't support them).
    I asked what is this rural lifestyle. Not for you to say “oh you won’t get it”.

The military is not under funded... the military is mismanaged the amount of waste is astonishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    you uhm do realize you have to be a natural born citizen or obtain citizenship to vote right? you can't just hop on a plane and vote.
    You don't have to be natural born, just have to be a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    You don't have to be natural born, just have to be a citizen.
    Yes, that does seem to be exactly what they said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Another win for brevity!! Huzah!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I fucked up.
    It’s worth it, if we learn from it. The issue causing your fuck up, is verbosity. It would have been solved if the comment said ‘citizen’ instead of splitting it in two. I made the same fuck you did, took me a couple of reads to even understand the correction. Hard to get to the qualifier, when first part is so inflammatory... even if the second clears it up.

TLDR: It’s not you, it’s us... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked what is this rural lifestyle. Not for you to say “oh you won’t get it”.

The military is not under funded... the military is mismanaged the amount of waste is astonishing.
    I am not one to like to spend hours answering a question, and that is what it would take to explain rural vs metropolitan to a person from New Jersey. Suffice it to say, they have little in common.

That is your opinion, not mine.

And thank you for tacitly agreeing with my views of your responses.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm planning a trip to the USA around election time and I'll probably vote for Trump, just to spite the establishment Democrats.
    Please do this. And don't forget to record it. Would love to see how you explain voter fraud to the authorities.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I am not one to like to spend hours answering a question, and that is what it would take to explain rural vs metropolitan to a person from New Jersey. Suffice it to say, they have little in common.

That is your opinion, not mine.

And thank you for tacitly agreeing with my views of your responses.
    It would take you hours to answer what rural lifestyle is?

I mean what is this mysterious rural life? Milking cows and working about whether your water wells has been contaminated?

You say it is a matter of opinion but it is not... in fact reports from our own government show there's an issue.

In fact the pentagon has noted it doesn't know exactly where all the money goes. You had the military paying crazy money for basic cheap ass shit lotion because no one really checks for quality and price to make sure it is sensible, they just buy it. They have bought faulty gear from 3rd parties leading to BILLIONS in losses.

When they were audited:

The bad news: The Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines and most other divisions failed, which means they were unable to show that they were properly keeping track of their finances and assets.
    they failed

The auditors estimated that the Pentagon made “improper payments” — which lacked sufficient or appropriate documentation or approvals — of $957 million in 2017 and $1.2 billion in 2018. While even that larger amount is a fraction of the overall Pentagon spending, such payments grew by 25 percent over those two years, a worrying trend that needs to be reversed.
    https://comptroller.defense.gov/Port...20on%20Defense

it is a matter of fact

Also what the fuck is wrong with you honestly?

"I am from the rural area and your' from the city so you can't possibly understand, so I won't even tell you."

Is this some of that "city slickers and yankees are dumb." discrimination? Sure sounds like it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Please do this. And don't forget to record it. Would love to see how you explain voter fraud to the authorities.
    I'm going with him and cast an extra 10.000 votes in swing states.

I strongly dislike Biden, but I dislike Trump a lot more still. Especially with how poorly him and his cabinet have handled this pandemic. So I'm voting Biden, not that it matters since I live in Massachusetts. This state has voted blue all but 4 times in the last 100 years.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would take you hours to answer what rural lifestyle is?

I mean what is this mysterious rural life? Milking cows and working about whether your water wells has been contaminated?

You say it is a matter of opinion but it is not... in fact reports from our own government show there's an issue.

In fact the pentagon has noted it doesn't know exactly where all the money goes. You had the military paying crazy money for basic cheap ass shit lotion because no one really checks for quality and price to make sure it is sensible, they just buy it. They have bought faulty gear from 3rd parties leading to BILLIONS in losses.

When they were audited:

they failed

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Port...20on%20Defense

it is a matter of fact

Also what the fuck is wrong with you honestly?

"I am from the rural area and your' from the city so you can't possibly understand, so I won't even tell you."

Is this some of that "city slickers and yankees are dumb." discrimination? Sure sounds like it to me.
    LOl, your statements pretty much prove it would take too long to explain the difference.

It IS your opinion they are not underfunded. They are a bureaucracy, and like any bureaucracy there is waste.

I actually live in a city, and I have lived in major metropolitan areas as well as rural areas. I have even had the displeasure of living in New Jersey.

City slickers are not dumb, I just cannot fathom why they prefer metro areas to rural. Again, its all opinion.