Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    People saying BFA was worse than WOD 1) likely didn’t play WOD or completely, 2) They honestly and deeply being honest on this.. probably suck at wow/got banned for cheating/or just cry a river any time they didn’t get their way.

The ONLY thing WOD did right was PVP GEARING.. that’s it, every other single thing in WOD was 100% dog shit otherwise
    People are entitled to their opinions. I don't expect to change your mind, but insulting people for not sharing opinions is disrespectful.

Things WoD did right:
    *Character model updates
    *Raid mechanics
    *Class gameplay
    *Zone design
    *Player choices for questlines/powers (garrison zone structures)
    *Garrison/follower investment (I know a lot of people disagree, but I enjoyed building out and customizing my followers)

Things BfA did right:
    *Allied Races
    *Zone stories
    *Horrific Visions
    *Some raids

I think the main reason BFA is disliked is because it lacks focus. It has no big baddie, and then The Black Empire and Old Gods are tossed in as an afterthought. It would have made a great expansion at some point in the future but I guess jamming it into 8.3 means that won't happen, or they have different plans for them in a void expansion.

The questing was good, but everything else kind of sucked. You can't just rely on quests in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I remember a time where Wrath of the Lich King was the WORST EXPANSION EVER.
    Dungeons were fucking easy, naxramas was a joke. The tournament made no fucking sense, and the raid linked to was lazy. It also brought Lfg and the store while it was allready a subscription game.
    On top of that, Arthas became a retarded cartoon vilain, and the "we allways need a captain of the flying dutch"... wait no a "lich king of the scourge" was dumb as fuck.

delusional story
    soyboy leader of the alliance... really. Who writes the story? old catwoman?

3+ Year Old Account
    Because it is arguably the worst expansion we have ever seen. I'll give you just 10 main issues:

1. rental powers (AKA azerite, essences, etc): everything will be obsolete in a few months
    2. corruption is even worse than titanforging/warforging since it is really reliant on RNG
    3. lack of class tier sets and removal of master loot, everything is too casual and random
    4. extreme catch up system, for example, when I completed mythic BoD the next patch introduced gear which invalidated all my mythic effort and progress; everything is useless
    5. Extreme pruning: most people hate to use 3-4 buttons in their rotation and only press 6-7 situational abilities. We want MoP/WoD style rotations and abilities' pool.
    6. Leveling is beyond atrocious: imagine leveling up 120 irrelevant levels and gaining a new ability or talent every 10-15 levels? Yes, it only happened in BfA. In addition, the linear leveling is terrible, I hope SL brings a way better leveling system.
    7. Grindfest reps nobody cares about: Do you want to fly? Go to Mechagon or Nazjatar and do hundreds of repetitive quests nobody likes and waste your time there every day if you ever want to fly over Zandalar or Kul Tiras. Do you want more RNG to have corruption? Go to Vale or Uldum and don't stop farming rep there.
    8. No PvP vendors: if you only play WoW for PvP, you must raid 24/7 or do dozens of M+ dungeons per week if you want to have great gear for arenas or BGs.
    9. Warmode is broken: I really loved Warmode at early BfA, but since they buffed the Alliance with a massive 30% bonus (Horde has barely 10%) most people decided to turn WM off and let the Alliance only see allied plates in the open world.
    10. Crafting is in its worst state ever: most professions are useless completely, crafting disappeared. Only profs you can take in BfA are alchemy, mining or herbs. At this point it is better to ignore the professions and wait for SL.

I can even give you more reasons, do you need them or is it already pretty clear?

theres alot of good things in bfa and its a decent expac over all imo.
    BUT all the new things that bfa introduced has been overall a failure.
    warfronts and islands was just horrible content.
    azerite gear was badly designed.
    corruption rng and proc bonanza is awful.
    im ok with essences, but it took far too long for blizz to make it easier for alts to optain. and i wouldve liked an alternative way of getting essences locked behind content i dont like.

and you know that forums tend to focus on the bad.

@Nak88 dont use the word WE, when you express YOUR personal opinion. sure many may agree with you, but many will must likely disagree aswell.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-05-03 at 08:32 AM.

Every expansion the forums are lit with THIS IS THE WORST XPAC EVARS!!! and now with the very quick rise of Youtube personalties and ugh "influencers" that has only given an even louder voice for complainers.

BFA also had the unenviable task of having to follow Legion which was very much loved overall.

BFA has its problems for sure but its not a contender for worst xpac. It had some very bright spots with Boralus being an exellent hub city, some well developed zones, decent raids, more allied races and I freaking loved the constant cinematics telling saurfangs story MORE OF THAT PLEASE!
    BFA for me falls in the middle of the pack and as time goes on and we move onto the next expansion I have a feeling it will be remembered as just that.

It made having alt's feel horrible (Legion wasn't that bad, not having legendarys didn't feel anywhere near as bad as not having your essences maxed out, or having crap corruption rolls.) The fix was way too late and came in conjunction with a terrible new gear system (corruption.) And Islands ended up being the most boring (nearly mandatory) system they've ever added (as boring as they are at least minion missions take up almost none of your game time.) I have high hopes for SL. But then again Rift's SL expansion was the last time the game was good. Coincidence? I sure as hell hope so.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-05-03 at 08:37 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    I don't, probably because it never happened
    Hah, that's funny!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Skrjuda View Post
    Hello.

Why is BFA so hated ? Sometimes more than WOD.
    It's biggest crime is the insane amount of bullshit you have to do outside of relevant content in order to be competitive in relevant content. So many systems to grind out, a massive amount of RNG. On top of that, the story hasn't been all that great, and if you're an Old God fan, the N'zoth encounter was not only extremely disappointing as a final price, but also disappointing way to take down an Old God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Dungeons were fucking easy, naxramas was a joke. The tournament made no fucking sense, and the raid linked to was lazy. It also brought Lfg and the store while it was allready a subscription game.
    On top of that, Arthas became a retarded cartoon vilain, and the "we allways need a captain of the flying dutch"... wait no a "lich king of the scourge" was dumb as fuck.
    While most of your complaints are valid, Arthas was always a cartoon villain. Even before he took the Frostmourne, he was pretty terrible.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say i hate the expac but some things made it less enjoyable for me.
    Some of these things:
    - class abilities are badly tuned(Fists of fury is 50% of your damage, DH's biggest damage is a random DoT etc.)
    - pvp is pve-gear-dependant, trinkets and some other pve items are stupidly op
    - the story was a HUGE mess
    - having an alt is super time consuming and time-gated(azerite pieces are too op)
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the current expansion. Always hated. Also because half of the users on this forum doesn't play anymore, but dedicate an incredible amount of time to bash and shit talk the game.
    Hi

gcd changes
    portal room changes
    classes play like shit
    general alt unfriendlyness
    azerite lottery
    corruption lottery
    stat squish

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of it has to do with the usual "this expansion sucks, while that expansion before was awesome" syndrome we have in MMO-C for years.

For every person that points out X as problem you have a person that won't be bothered by it. Then you have these vengeful exes, vanilla flagellants, negative Nancies and just plain weirdos who want to see the world burn plaguing these shit forums for years as well.

Realistically, BFA was fine.

I do think it was a step down from from Legion, but at the same moment it preserved many of things that made Legion good and even expanded some, most notably M+. It did lose out with Azerite being nowhere near Artifacts when it comes to the cool factor and class.

Raids were as good as ever - Dazar'alor, Palace and Nyalotha are all great raids.

8.2 was probably the best patch ever released in WoW or at least among the best with 2 zones filled to a brim with stuff to do. 8.1's Horde/Alliance assaults was a really great touch on Legion assaults with World PvP.

And don't get me started about Allied Races, people literally threw themselves at these, because both new races were super long overdue and because you had some legit awesome additions there.

Of course there were failures too,
    • Azerite really started off on a left leg and suffered bad rep even after it was improved.
    • Warmode, was a great addition, IMO, but faction imbalance and "farming" turned it sour fast on top of assaults area lagfests.
    • Isles and Warfronts flopped, they were really fun as a one shot activity, but not something to do repeatedly, grind killed them. I still believe Warfront setting would make an awesome raid by itself, but that ship has sailed.
    • Corruptions were a nice idea executed poorly. I guess it suffered from being a system for a patch, where it got shoved out of the gate with fucked up acquisition and balance.

These all are valid issues that happened, but overall it's just the usual trial and failure thing that happens each expansion and I really would rather them try and see what works and what not, instead of things just being stale.

Overall in my view this all makes BFA a middling expansion, it really was not terrible, far from, especially considering the amazing 8.2. At the same time, it ain't Legion, but I guess that one they really threw everything and a sink at it after the pretty bad WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    portal room changes
    The fuck... Portal room is one of the better things that happened there.

10+ Year Old Account
    classes bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    removal of master loot
    This is one of the few redeeming things that happened in BfA and I think the best change in WoW that has ever been made.

Ninjas, corrupt loot councils, officer favoritism and drama gone in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    delusional story
    soyboy leader of the alliance... really. Who writes the story? old catwoman?
    Soyboy? Are you 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    I don't, probably because it never happened
    It happened, as it happened with every other expansion. People will always complain of current content while looking back at it with nostalgia in 4-5 years. WoD was considered to be the worst of the worst and I've seen many appreciation threads about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrjuda View Post
    Hello.
    Why is BFA so hated ? Sometimes more than WOD.
    Simple answer - because it is the current expansion.
    A consistent theme on this and other forums is that the current expansion is the worst expansion ever.

Humans have poor memories for long ago, so current memories always take precedence

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.