Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

sorry just noticed mod request....

never mind....

I'll replace it with this instead

Guns F'k ya...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onths-n1196621

nothing like probable cause for two good guys with guns....

oh what was the probable cause...he was black...

But in a memo from Barnhill to police, the DA said he believes Gregory and Travis McMichael should not be indicted. He said the father and son had "probable cause" to believe the victim might be a burglar and were within their rights to arm themselves and chase him down.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2020-05-02 at 09:57 PM. Reason: mod post
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I do enjoy the moral high ground. I get to vote for someone who actually supports gun rights, you cannot say that.
    Sadly your vote, isn't going to count.

Whereas I get to vote against the party, that if they get power will whittle away at those rights until their are none left.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Sadly your vote, isn't going to count.

Whereas I get to vote against the party, that if they get power will whittle away at those rights until their are none left.
    I don't vote for racists and people who oppose gun rights. That's kind of a big deal for me. You did both.

I don't vote for racists and people who oppose gun rights. That's kind of a big deal for me. You did both.
    Again want my vote to count, lesser of two evils.

Simple question who is more likely to push for more limitation on the 2nd. Trump or Biden?

One word answers only please and it can't be racist
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Again want my vote to count, lesser of two evils.

Simple question who is more likely to push for more limitation on the 2nd. Trump or Biden?

One word answers only please and it can't be racist
    Great, so you embrace exactly what that evil entails.

Trump restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President. He did it unilaterally, and there wasn't so much as a whimper from you guys.

The answer is Trump, we've already seen that. He's done it before, and he'll do it again, if given the chance. Next, he'll confiscate guns without due process. He's already said he wants to do that.

Trump being racist is simply an additional reason to not support him. Or for some people, another reason TO support him.

Luckily, there's also more than two candidates, so I get the best of both worlds

Great, so you embrace exactly what that evil entails.

Trump restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President. He did it unilaterally, and there wasn't so much as a whimper from you guys.

The answer is Trump, we've already seen that. He's done it before, and he'll do it again, if given the chance. Next, he'll confiscate guns without due process. He's already said he wants to do that.

Trump being racist is simply an additional reason to not support him. Or for some people, another reason TO support him.

Luckily, there's also more than two candidates, so I get the best of both worlds
    Ok so you are saying Trump is going to push for more limitations on the 2nd than Biden a democrat ... who is endorsed by Mr. "Hell yah we are going to take your AR-15" O'Rourke.

Really you are that delusional? Should have guessed it since you can't make a post w/out saying "racist"

Yah there are more than two candidates, however in our current climate only two that matter and you know that .. Just like you know that the Dems in power is more a threat to the 2nd then Trump.

I am done w/you

I am sick of reading racist this and racist that anyhow..
    Last edited by Maneo; 2020-05-02 at 10:21 PM.

Ok so you are saying Trump is going to push for more limitations on the 2nd than Biden a democrat ... who is endorsed by Mr. "Hell yah we are going to take your AR-15" O'Rourke.

Really you are that delusional? Should have guessed it since you can't make a post w/out saying "racist"

Yah there are more than two candidates, however in our current climate only two that matter and you know that .. Just like you know that the Dems in power is more a threat to the 2nd then Trump.

I am done w/you

I am sick of reading racist this and racist that anyhow..
    I'm saying it's far more easy for him to do it, because he already did, and the pro-gun crowd cheered him on the entire time. We know he's more likely to do it, because he's literally already done it. Why were you not marching in the streets when he did it? Where was your outrage? Where was your call to arms?

The facts don't lie, Trump has objectively restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President (who was VP at the time... Biden), and you guys never wavered in your blind devotion to him.

We have yet to see a limit to the Trumpsters' loyalty to the man, so he is absolutely more likely to restrict guns that Biden. The bump stock ban proved it. You are arguing against the current reality we are living in.

I'm saying it's far more easy for him to do it, because he already did, and the pro-gun crowd cheered him on the entire time. We know he's more likely to do it, because he's literally already done it. Why were you not marching in the streets when he did it? Where was your outrage? Where was your call to arms?

The facts don't lie, Trump has objectively restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President (who was VP at the time... Biden), and you guys never wavered in your blind devotion to him.

We have yet to see a limit to the Trumpsters' loyalty to the man, so he is absolutely more likely to restrict guns that Biden. The bump stock ban proved it. You are arguing against the current reality we are living in.
    Or people didn't give a damn about bump stocks. With only a 100k or so in circulation vs that of the AR-15 that have according to National Shooting Sports Foundation (you think they support Trump or Biden) between 5-10 million. The very rifle the Dems have a hardon for banning.

Even w/that there are several gun groups that have issued law suits against the ban. Who do you think they support Trump or Biden?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_stock

I honestly don't know what reality you are living in.

Or people didn't give a damn about bump stocks. With only a 100k or so in circulation vs that of the AR-15 that have according to National Shooting Sports Foundation (you think they support Trump or Biden) between 5-10 million. The very rifle the Dems have a hardon for banning.

Even w/that there are several gun groups that have issued law suits against the ban. Who do you think they support Trump or Biden?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_stock

I honestly don't know what reality you are living in.
    So, it's clear that Trump will be able to accomplish it much easier, because he's literally already accomplished what you fear.

We have history as a guide, and it has shown that Trump was able to pull it off, and his supporters didn't waver. That's the joys of being a cult leader, I guess.

If you want to argue that Biden is more likely than Trump to do something Trump has already done, then I don't think you are going to win that argument. You are arguing that something that has a chance of more than zero to be done at some point in the future, is a higher percent than the 100% chance of the thing that has already happened. I'm no mathematician (well, a bit), but I'm going to side with the thing that has already happened as being the more likely to... happen.

Also, I could have sworn you said you were done with me. Oops, I guess that was also a misstatement on your part. Are we going to chalk that up as a lie?

So, it's clear that Trump will be able to accomplish it much easier, because he's literally already accomplished what you fear.

We have history as a guide, and it has shown that Trump was able to pull it off, and his supporters didn't waver. That's the joys of being a cult leader, I guess.

If you want to argue that Biden is more likely than Trump to do something Trump has already done, then I don't think you are going to win that argument. You are arguing that something that has a chance of more than zero to be done at some point in the future, is a higher percent than the 100% chance of the thing that has already happened. I'm no mathematician (well, a bit), but I'm going to side with the thing that has already happened as being the more likely to... happen.

Also, I could have sworn you said you were done with me. Oops, I guess that was also a misstatement on your part. Are we going to chalk that up as a lie?
    No I chose to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are clearly disingenuous. But hey go ahead get the last word, good job not using the word racist for once.

No I chose to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are clearly disingenuous. But hey go ahead get the last word, good job not using the word racist for once.
    Are you just mad that Trump has already done what you swear you are terrified that the Democrats might do.

I'd say the chances are that Trump is much more likely to do what he's already done. There really is no way around it. That's like asking which is more likely to be a chicken in the future.... a chicken, or some random egg on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...onths-n1196621

nothing like probable cause for two good guys with guns....

oh what was the probable cause...he was black...

But in a memo from Barnhill to police, the DA said he believes Gregory and Travis McMichael should not be indicted. He said the father and son had "probable cause" to believe the victim might be a burglar and were within their rights to arm themselves and chase him down.
    It's like other cases, putting yourself into a situation like that, chasing some guy that might possibly have done something, is just a generally bad idea. That said, it'll come down to whether the guy actually did attack them or not, hard to say what evidence there is for much of anything. I guess Georgia's "citizen arrest" laws allow such a thing as chasing and stopping someone. The case has some strange stuff to it, and of course now it's hitting the stage of news where the articles are all written by wanna be fiction writers ("the afternoon was cool and good weather for jogging...") rather than facts.

He was inside a house under construction, but doubt the shooters knew that. Apparently they recognized him from video from previous times, but no mention of what he was doing in that surveillance. Also a gun was stolen from the pickup, but again, what does it have to do with anything? Supposedly video shows the guy attacking the shooter, so there's that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there any other country that protects the right to own firearms?

I have to say the people so against our second have fallen pretty silent since the pandemic. Wonder if it is because of all those people lining up to buy guns in liberal states, or the pandemic itself? Regardless I am thankful for their silence.
    Yes. Guatemala. They have it in their Constitution as a right for their citizens. There may be some others.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any other country that protects the right to own firearms?
    There are three countries that have a constitutional right to bear arms, the US, Guatemala, and Mexico.

As everyone in the world knows, all the other countries have no firearms in the hands of civilians and are overall pretty awful wastelands, especially Europe.

The silence is probably due to more pressing issues, you know, everyone with half a brain trying to keep their loved ones from getting infected by some moron who thinks this is just a flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the bullshit background checks for ammo is back again in California, after the 9th Circuit appeals court overruled the Judge with common sense. it needs to go before the Supreme Court. As do several other too restrictive gun laws in some states. Make them decide on some of these issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/appeals-c...ses-california

The Supreme Court decide not to hear the New York City case, which they said, the city had made the law suit none applicable since the city had changed it's law. I was thinking that case was also about the state of New York. But apparently it only dealt with NYC.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Looks like the bullshit background checks for ammo is back again in California, after the 9th Circuit appeals court overruled the Judge with common sense. it needs to go before the Supreme Court. As do several other too restrictive gun laws in some states. Make them decide on some of these issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/appeals-c...ses-california

The Supreme Court decide not to hear the New York City case, which they said, the city had made the law suit none applicable since the city had changed it's law. I was thinking that case was also about the state of New York. But apparently it only dealt with NYC.
    Tomorrow we'll find out a lot about whether or not the 2A is going to be protected by this Court or not; ten petitions were on hold pending their ruling in NYSRPA, and those should have been in conference over the weekend with an announcement tomorrow on what if any cert will be granted.

If they take them up it is a good sign that we're going to get the vigorous reassertion of Heller and McDonald we expect; if they don't grant cert it most likely means Roberts would vacillate or cave outright in an actual ruling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Tomorrow we'll find out a lot about whether or not the 2A is going to be protected by this Court or not; ten petitions were on hold pending their ruling in NYSRPA, and those should have been in conference over the weekend with an announcement tomorrow on what if any cert will be granted.

If they take them up it is a good sign that we're going to get the vigorous reassertion of Heller and McDonald we expect; if they don't grant cert it most likely means Roberts would vacillate or cave outright in an actual ruling.
    Good to hear. I sure hope we get a good ruling, which is in favor of the Second Amendment rights some states are abusing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good to hear. I sure hope we get a good ruling, which is in favor of the Second Amendment rights some states are abusing in my opinion.
    None were granted or denied. All presumably held over for a future conference.

Something just dawned on me.

Been reading and responding in this thread for some time. Always noticed a lot of people from other countries here. Why? Why do you care what the gun laws are here in the U.S.?

It isn't like we are moving to your countries and insisting we take our firearms w/us.

Or is it just another venue for you to bitch about the U.S. and claim superiority?

I watch threads dealing w/other countries if it interests me, I do not however complain about their policies (I may question why) cause it isn't my country. There are things that I would never understand not living there. They do not have the same culture or traditions.

Not nationality driven. In general, when humans decide someone else shouldn't be allowed to do something, most are pathologically incapable of letting it go, even when it's nothing to do with them.