Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I could ignore Biden's behavior if he did once and learned from it. Some people are ignorant and need to be forgiven and learn from their mistakes. But he did again, and again, and again, and again. For me that unacceptable for man who did it at an age I haven't even reached yet. Let's say Reade is lying. But what of the other women who said he inappropriately touched them without knowing this was his pattern behavior? What of the videos? What of him signing off on people against Anita Hill?

I'm the only male of multiple sisters. I'm not about to just sign off on this guy being "friendly" with women because he is aware of his power.
    Would you rather enable Jeffrey Epstein's party boy instead? you can say comparing him to Donald Trump is excusing him but that's ignoring reality. Since there are no criminal charges you have to make a choice and there's only two and opting out is not an option because that is a choice for Trump whether you like it or not. I would like nothing more than not to be stuck with these two but this is what we have. It seems you are dead set on being the world's most principled corpse what really matters in this is power and the power Trump will abuse if he wins again will make the last 4 years look tame.

If you don't care about that that's something else but do you think Donald Trump is going to be better for your sisters? Roe V. Wade overturned, health care will continue to be gutted, removing sexual assault reporting outlets and laws, hundreds of thousands of people losing government assistance even when they are here legally. The list of what he has done being "tame" is rather long and Biden at his worse wouldn't go there because he still has to stick with the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Would you rather enable Jeffrey Epstein's party boy instead? you can say comparing him to Donald Trump is excusing him but that's ignoring reality. Since there are no criminal charges you have to make a choice and there's only two and opting out is not an option because that is a choice for Trump whether you like it or not. I would like nothing more than not to be stuck with these two but this is what we have. It seems you are dead set on being the world's most principled corpse what really matters in this is power and the power Trump will abuse if he wins again will make the last 4 years look tame.

If you don't care about that that's something else but do you think Donald Trump is going to be better for your sisters? Roe V. Wade overturned, health care will continue to be gutted, removing sexual assault reporting outlets and laws, hundreds of thousands of people losing government assistance even when they are here legally. The list of what he has done being "tame" is rather long and Biden at his worse wouldn't go there because he still has to stick with the party.
    The presence or absence of criminal charges mean nothing to me because I already said they don't prove/disprove guilt - Biden or Trump. Nor do I care to differentiate between who violated more..i mean the Dems already validated one Epstein boy so the puck has to stop somewhere, no?

I'm not playing the game where the establishment forces me to pick one evil over the other. Picking either validates them even if if I have to endure just one for another cycle.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The presence or absence of criminal charges mean nothing to me because I already said they don't prove/disprove guilt - Biden or Trump. Nor do I care to differentiate between who violated more..i mean the Dems already validated one Epstein boy so the puck has to stop somewhere, no?

I'm not playing the game where the establishment forces me to pick one evil over the other. Picking either validates them even if if I have to endure just one for another cycle.
    If you can endure another cycle then stop pretending you care about any of those issues or like this is some kind of moral stand. This is the system we have you can't change it by doing this but you can make it worse by your choice which in your case is Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can endure another cycle then stop pretending you care about any of those issues or like this is some kind of moral stand. This is the system we have you can't change it by doing this but you can make it worse by your choice which in your case is Trump.
    If the system is built upon validating these creeps then

Fuck
    The
    System

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I only ask the Left the stop excusing Biden's action just because 'the Right are being hypocrites".

"They ignored Trump's transgressions, therefore, we can ignore Biden's" is not a valid argument. Especially when 4 years were devoted to denouncing "grab them by the pussy".
    The good news is that its mostly liberals, not people on the left.
    The bad news is that changes nothing in the harm its causing.

Sadly, its the sort of hypocrisy we should have seen coming, the same thing happend with Bill Clinton's accusers in the '90s.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, yes, its better to just not care at all.

If the system is built upon validating these creeps then

Fuck
    The
    System
    Throwing fits isn't going to do jack shit you are just engaging in a masturbatory exercise to feel good, in the real world Trump's action is killing people and fucking up lives and you are making a choice to help him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only ask the Left the stop excusing Biden's action just because 'the Right are being hypocrites".

"They ignored Trump's transgressions, therefore, we can ignore Biden's" is not a valid argument. Especially when 4 years were devoted to denouncing "grab them by the pussy".
    You have never heard locker room talk before? I have heard guys say all kinds of puff their chest up bragging comments before. Does not prove they can or have did any of the shit they brag about.

What Biden is accused of, is not something he said, but did. I know Trump has had accusations before about sexual misconduct, but like Biden's case, it should be proven before it is looked at as a fact. The GOP will use it as a political tool against Biden during the campaign, because they know the Democrats will use whatever accusations against Trump they can.

In the end, it will be up to the voters to decide if the accusations against Biden are true or not in their minds. I honestly think it have little impact on the results however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You have never heard locker room talk before? I have heard guys say all kinds of puff their chest up bragging comments before. Does not prove they can or have did any of the shit they brag about.
    Holy shit, you guys still use this talking point?

What Biden is accused of, is not something he said, but did. I know Trump has had accusations before about sexual misconduct, but like Biden's case, it should be proven before it is looked at as a fact. The GOP will use it as a political tool against Biden during the campaign, because they know the Democrats will use whatever accusations against Trump they can..

And some of us choose to believe both the woman accusing Biden and Trump and do not support rape culture(like Trump and Biden supporters do).

If you look outside of Ford, Reade's behavior is typical of someone dealing with a high profile person. I'm not ready to accept her testimony as fact but I'm nowhere near denying it.

Its typical for a victim to hide what happened to them, especially before the #MeToo movement due to ridicule and being called a liar. We see this with Trump accusers. it's typical for victims to repress or forget details, see Cosby. Its also typical for victims to give up seeking justice after being ignored/shamed, see Cosby. Reade isn't the first only person to say Biden has at least encroached on regular appropriate social norms. Some of his victims have forgiven him but do not deny he violated their space. Theres video, written, and oral testimony that backs all that up.

When it comes to listening to victims, the #MeToo movement (which the Dems championed and lost s Senator for) we learned that victims do repress situations. We learned that they do suppress their incidents due to shame, supposed credibility, a multitude of societal issues, not wanted to be labeled a liar/slut/rabble-rouser. We've learned that victims have been shamed or coerced into accepting their incidents due to pressure/shame/credibility.

Biden has a questionable and documented history of touching, feeling, and verbally violating the acceptable boundaries. He also allowed the shaming and degradation of Anita Hill for a proceeding that wasn't even partisan. I believe we owe it to every woman, no everyone, who has ever faced a situation where they felt violated by a person with more power than them to hear Reade out.]

You're talking to someone who has written essays on blind acceptance of the #MeToo movement in comparison to false accusations from the 1940s/50/60s that got people who look like me lynched.
    The truth is, most of the media and the left have treated her with kid gloves, because most of us believe accusers should be heard, and are reluctant to say anything that could be construed as attacking her credibility, even though her credibility really is a problem. I'm curious what people seriously think the conversation would be right now if the right had discovered that Blasey-Ford had a history of actively campaigning for the "opposition," of not just inconsistencies, but contradictions serious enough that the AP held off on reporting on an interview they did with her, of not just changing her story, but going back and editing blog posts the day she made her allegations while maintaining the original date of publication, praising Biden for his work on sexual assault as recently as 2017, leaving aside changing her story almost daily about the existence and / or nature of the complaint (and you know what the right would do with that). The New York Times, which supposedly did a "hit job," where the worst thing they said--truthfully--was that they found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, is still calling for a full investigation. Every accuser should absolutely be heard and given the benefit of the doubt, unless and until evidence says otherwise. Most are telling the truth, but some are not. This is hearing out the accuser.

I do appreciate that you've stopped claiming Biden has a long history of sexual assault, though.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-05-03 at 01:11 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if anyone posted it, but Reade has changed her story yet again...

The AP interviewed Reade and she said that her complaint against Biden in the early 90s didn't accuse him of assault or harassment. She then went on Twitter and said the Associated Press article is false; which is hilarious since its an interview and they are literally just quoting her. Meanwhile even her own fringe leftist advocate at The Intercept is saying that's the same thing she told him (and others).

So either every member of the press reporting on this is lying about what she said, including her own allies/advocates, or she is lying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Don't know if anyone posted it, but Reade has changed her story yet again...

The AP interviewed Reade and she said that her complaint against Biden in the early 90s didn't accuse him of assault or harassment. She then went on Twitter and said the Associated Press article is false; which is hilarious since its an interview and they are literally just quoting her. Meanwhile even her own fringe leftist advocate at The Intercept is saying that's the same thing she told him (and others).

So either every member of the press reporting on this is lying about what she said, including her own allies/advocates, or she is lying...
    Or its common for rape victims to not be accurate on their stories from decades ago.
    But hey, not surprised for you to be a rape apologist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Or its common for rape victims to not be accurate on their stories from decades ago.
    Not an hour after Biden said to release congressional records. You are now slandering actual victims of assault, because in such cases, they don’t start remembering, when their previous claims become accessible to confirm. According to Reade, her immediate complaint wasn’t about either assault or harassment.

By the way... If Biden doesn’t win, do you think Trump will sign off on funding for violence against women act, that GOP blocked since last year? I’m pretty sure Biden would issue an executive order, even if GOP blocks it in Congress. Because it’s a bill he sponsored and wrote...

By the way do you know what I would do, if I was as callous as you? I would point out, how you support getting rid off Biden’s criminal justice reform. Completely ignoring your reason for it, to point to violence against women act and sexual assault against children, are part of the bill you want to get rid off. Can you guess the words I would call you, if I was here to just use victims to insult others?

Edit: ‘My complaint is in the records, giving me more evidence than Ford’... ‘release the records!’... ‘never mind, I remember better now’. That’s not how actual assault trauma and memory works. You can’t fucking do that, while claiming other victims do the same things. That is not how it works and is actually slanderous to other victims, as you attack others. It’s absurd lack of self awareness.

You can say you believe her, without making other victims look bad to do it.

Edit 2: I’m looking for a fun YouTube video on the subject, but until than, if interested, this is not the worst start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect...ress_on_memory

Edit 3: Sorry about all of the edits, but I go nuts on discussion of time and memory.

The basic thing to remember about memory, is that your brain interprets, it doesn’t record. It’s a skill you can actually strengthen. I keep posting this guy, but his pedagogy theory is very helpful in strengthening your memory. This is also similar to lean and agile methodology for project management, since compartmentalism is a flow chart:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dewey
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-03 at 02:08 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just because they like the middle name more? Odd. And potentially confusing lol
    I would assume so. My father used his middle name, his first name was also Ernest.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

There is a difference between misrembering and calling the AP fake because you misremembered lol

Its not hard to say: "Yeah at the time I didn't remember filing a report but talking with people whom I shared my experiences with has made me remember a lot of details that I've forgotten"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    There is a difference between misrembering and calling the AP fake because you misremembered lol

Its not hard to say: "Yeah at the time I didn't remember filing a report but talking with people whom I shared my experiences with has made me remember a lot of details that I've forgotten"
    They asked her within almost an hour of Biden saying release the Kraken!... I mean congressional record. She didn’t have a lot of time to think about it. Personally, as I said before, the best tact in any case of you believing her or not, is to claim that the record isn’t there... because the same people who already vouched for Biden, would have disposed of them. That is actually the most consistent thing she could have said...

Edit: The onus was on Biden to find the record, if they don’t find it, she just maintains Biden is covering up. She would just maintain that Biden is lying, nothing would have changed.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-03 at 02:26 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They asked her within almost an hour of Biden saying release the Kraken!... I mean congressional record. She didn’t have a lot of time to think about it. Personally, as I said before, the best tact in any case of you believing her or not, is to claim that the record isn’t there... because the same people who already vouched for Biden, would have disposed of them. That is actually the most consistent thing she could have said...

Edit: The onus was on Biden to find the record, if they don’t find it, she just maintains Biden is covering up. She would just maintain that Biden is lying, nothing would have changed.
    So this bullshit has now expanded beyond guilty until proven innocent, to expecting those who get MeToo'd to literally help make the case against themselves on their accuser's behalf, lest they are covering it up?

Yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    So this bullshit has now expanded beyond guilty until proven innocent, to expecting those who get MeToo'd to literally help make the case against themselves on their accuser's behalf, lest they are covering it up?
    No, that’s the thing. It would have simply been consistent with her existing claims. She was already calling Biden’s staff liars for vouching that they never heard of this. This would be the natural next step in the original premise. I’m just pointing out, that she didn’t need to change the story, it seems to be reactionary.

I’m doing both, saying she didn’t lie and Biden didn’t lie. Bare with me, it’s an impossible rope... not sure if am walking or dangling...

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

Also, sexual assault =/= rape. They carry different weights in the legal system of almost every country
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

Yikes
    Oh don't worry, metoo is gone now, the lib feminists who pushed are now defending your favourite senile rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Also, sexual assault =/= rape. They carry different weights in the legal system of almost every country
    And jamming your fingers into a Woman's vagina will still get you called a rapist by most people.

And jamming your fingers into a Woman's vagina will still get you called a rapist by most people.
    So now the truth is what most people say, instead of.. You know... the truth?

I thought you were more into rational thinking, since you're a communist.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker