Poll: Best MMO on the market?

Thread: Best MMO

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    its really all personal taste to be quite honest.

Like back when a lot of players played Rift, I enjoyed the zone events in that game. Black Desert has the best graphics. SWG Had the Best Crafting IMO. I enjoy Wow and SWTOR visuals. Planetside 2 had some pretty cool big FPS battles. Right now im enjoying the heck out of The Division 2 for the gun play and stuff.

3+ Year Old Account
    Wow will always be king.. As someone mentioned earlier... Wow literally did MMO so well, that is trying to mimic it's past self. lol.
    I feel like people can love other mmos as long as they dont play wow first.. If you play wow first, i feel like no other mmo ever lives up to your expectations in the long run. This obviously isnt the case for some, but i would venture to say it is the case for most.

Every time i hear someone critique an mmo, wow seems to be the standard. "X is good, but WoW does A through V way better."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I only dont play B&S because im not sure if there is "low level PvP"
    Do i have to endure the entire leveling experience first?

If you tell me i dont have to endure the entire leveling experience...ill actually play it again
    From what I remember, you can sign up for arena (basically duels, and main form of PvP) pretty early, but you won't have access to important skills, and matchmaking wasn't level, but MMR-based, so you're probably just going to get stomped by max levels with unlocked skills. Also I'm pretty sure the game is dead in the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Kind impressive on a wow forum that FF14 is getting so many votes. noice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    So it's time to rethink what is the best MMO currently. Is it World of Warcraft, with its rich lore and appeal to hardcore raiders? Maybe it's Final Fantasy XIV or TESO, with their recognizable IPs. Or maybe it's Guild Wars 2, with its innovative horizontal progression system. What is the best MMO out there right now?
    Pretty sure the answer to that really comes down to personal preference.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of them are good in their own way, what makes them great is the community.

WoW > FFXIV

Both have their perks, for me, wow is just slightly better

WoW:
    Best dungeons and raids
    more variety in looks
    best xmog system
    best pve overall
    best mmo community

FFXIV:
    Amazing visuals
    1 Char = All classes (jobs)
    Fast gameplay
    good raids/dungeons
    no time gated flying
    only have to do main story once

2 big reasons i pick wow over ffxiv
    ffxiv has THE WORST COMMUNITY i have ever been a part of
    ffxiv has some of the WORST JOB BALANCE in any mmo
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2020-05-01 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Pretty normal for any Asian MMO really, the grind. I played plenty a LOT of them, such as Legend of Mir, Myth of Soma, Mu Online, etc. ... that solid hour of a grind for a meager 5% progress towards leveling. I don't miss those days tbh, lol.

And yeah, them Nation fights were intense. I played an A-Gear, laying siege to them portals;

Man, I forgot that was a thing, holy fuck. But it was named something else when I played it, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Wildstar /sniff
    I miss this.. was amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If we're talking subjective GOAT nominations, I would say WoW wins for me. The runner-up would be an ancient second-gen MMORPG called "Asheron's Call," which I played in my late teens and into my early 20's, and which I have super fond memories (it has now sadly been shuttered and was something of a niche game even in its heyday). I've played WoW for all of its 16 years of operation, through the crests and troughs, and while some expansions and patches have been greater than others I have always managed to enjoy my time in it. My experience with MMORPG's ranges from Ultima Online, EverQuest, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest II, SWTOR, and of course WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It's either WoW or FFXIV depending on what you prefer. WoW has the better endgame structure that will keep you invested long enough for the next content to drop. FFXIV has a far more engaging story. Right now I think Shadowbringers is a far more enjoyable game than Battle for Azeroth. ESO is basically multiplayer Skyrim which is fun. The amount of build crafting you can do in the game is really fun. SWTOR is basically multiplayer KOTOR but the endgame is shit and the content drought is real. GW2 is the most unique of the big Western MMOs. That can be a good or a bad thing depending on your preferences. Honestly though I've been taking some time to invest in a bunch of different MMOs and they all seem to offer experiences that WoW doesn't. WoW may be my main MMO (or FFXIV when WoW is shit) but all these other games hold their own as enjoyable side MMOs.

Historically though, WoW is obviously the best MMO of all time. No MMO boasts its success and impact on the genre.

I would say WoW, yes I am mega biased given that I have been playing it since 2005 but thats my opinion.

Doesn't mean there aren't other good MMOs, I quite enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 on the side, but it is not a game I'd favor over WoW, even if I think it is a great game.

WoW has the best of the content I enjoy, raiding. FF has decent raiding but at 4 bosses every 6 months it's a joke amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    ffxiv has THE WORST COMMUNITY i have ever been a part of
    Huh. You must have played a very different version of FFXIV than I did because I have always found the community in FFXIV to be amazing while WoW is one of the most toxic. Now, I am talking from the viewpoint of someone entering both games completely fresh with no prior connections or anything. So many people in FFXIV are willing to help out and guide people or just chat. Sure, there are bad eggs anywhere but for the most part, I have always had a solid experience with the FFXIV community.

WoW on the other hand, if you don't already have an existing guild or group to play with you are pretty much SoL. I returned to the game most recently back in Legion after being out for a couple years and when asking a question I either got called an idiot or worse or received intentionally trolly and incorrect answers.

Oh, and Fashion Fantasy XIV has a much better xmog/customization options than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Huh. You must have played a very different version of FFXIV than I did because I have always found the community in FFXIV to be amazing while WoW is one of the most toxic. Now, I am talking from the viewpoint of someone entering both games completely fresh with no prior connections or anything. So many people in FFXIV are willing to help out and guide people or just chat. Sure, there are bad eggs anywhere but for the most part, I have always had a solid experience with the FFXIV community.

WoW on the other hand, if you don't already have an existing guild or group to play with you are pretty much SoL. I returned to the game most recently back in Legion after being out for a couple years and when asking a question I either got called an idiot or worse or received intentionally trolly and incorrect answers.

Oh, and Fashion Fantasy XIV has a much better xmog/customization options than WoW.
    i cant stand the ffxiv care bears sensitive to everything.

Yeah, I have to concur. FF14 community has been much better than anything I saw in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Man, I forgot that was a thing, holy fuck. But it was named something else when I played it, I'm pretty sure.
    Probably ACE Online. The only MMO where I truly enjoyed PvP.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-05-04 at 03:42 AM.

Best MMO? Ragnarok Online

2nd best? Wildstar, thanks for letting me play a 2 handed crazy woman on his underwear

Rift was great.... man the memories, but Trion fucked it up and now Gamingo or whoever is somehow worse.

Probably still WoW for me. But FFxiv is nipping at its heels imo.