Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Only if a few ppl per server can have it similar to AQ opening chain.
    Otherwise we would have cities filled with LFR casuals wielding it.
    *sigh* since the OP specifically mentioned a super hard quest, probably not, so, the elitist comment is a bit redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Your idea is entertaining. Seems like a good way to handle it. That said, can DKs who didn't go Frost obtain the relic? I played like a week of Legion (obtained Felo'malorn) and then I stepped away.

From the moment I saw Frostmourne in BC, I thought it would have been cool to actually give 1 out per server in a manner similar to the Black Scarab from AQ. I have no idea what the quest line would be like... but it would have spanned all of the raids that came before Icecrown.
    As a transmog skin, it'd probably be better as a doable solo time investment that rewards perseverance over anything, which Torghast is the perfect spot for.

And while it would be a great way to celebrate a return to 2H Frost, I feel like it'd make sense to just become a 2H transmog skin that's usable by all three specs.

Who cares if somebody gets a weapon that is 12 years old now, this game is closer to its end than its beginning so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz threw a transmog in the cash shop for 25 bucks to raid the last bits of loyalty left in players. Maybe they will sell pieces of the Lich King set one by one in the shop as well with some kind of complete set bonus for those willing to spend 150 bucks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    frostmourne is not a deathknight weapon plain and simple.
    Pretty sure the first time we see Frostmourne wielded it's by a Death Knight. Arthas didn't become the Lich King until right at the end of TFT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Pretty sure the first time we see Frostmourne wielded it's by a Death Knight. Arthas didn't become the Lich King until right at the end of TFT.
    A paladin was the first one who wielded frostmourne, arthas was never a real deathknight as any deathknight related powers were all because of frostmourne, take frostmourne away and arthas would not wield any deathknight abilities. He became the lich king fairly quickly after obtaining frostmourne.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

A paladin was the first one who wielded frostmourne, arthas was never a real deathknight as any deathknight related powers were all because of frostmourne, take frostmourne away and arthas would not wield any deathknight abilities. He became the lich king fairly quickly after obtaining frostmourne.
    I agree players shouldn't have frostmourne but you point doesn't make sense.
    How do any scourge dks have 'dk powers' without their runeblades?

Players already get so salty when anything cool is gated behind something harder than WQ's. It would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Players already get so salty when anything cool is gated behind something harder than WQ's. It would be a disaster.
    And yet people gobbled up the Magetower in Legion.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I agree players shouldn't have frostmourne but you point doesn't make sense.
    How do any scourge dks have 'dk powers' without their runeblades?
    Having all your power in your weapon would be a major flaw as you break or lose your runeblade would make you useless, the starting area for deathknights is basically a school to train, just the same as any other class training to learn abilities. Deathkights dont even always use a runeblade.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-04 at 09:19 PM.

Having all your power in your weapon would be a major flaw as you break or lose your runeblade would make you useless, the starting area for deathknights is basically a school to train, just the same as any other class training to learn abilities. Deathkights dont even always use a runeblade.
    First of all is there anything arthas can't do that a dk can?
    Secondly, have you run through ICC?

First of all is there anything arthas can't do that a dk can?
    Secondly, have you run through ICC?
    Without frostmourne he would have no deathknight skills, he would only have necromancer skills if he was still the lich king since he was fused with the previous lich king, before fusing the lich king if he had no frostmourne he would have no deathknight abilities at all. You cant be a real deathknight if the only deathknight abilities you have in all within a weapon and while it may just be lazy design on blizzard there are not many runeblade options for deathknights so they use normal weapons mostly.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-04 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Anyone else think it'd be dope if you could unlock Frostmourne via SUPER HARD quest?
    No, because Frostmourne was SHATTERED at the end of the LK fight and the shards of it where used in Legion for Mage and DK quests.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do yourself a favor: just don't.

Without frostmourne he would have no deathknight skills, he would only have necromancer skills if he was still the lich king since he was fused with the previous lich king, before fusing the lich king if he had no frostmourne he would have no deathknight abilities at all. You cant be a real deathknight if the only deathknight abilities you have in all within a weapon and while it may just be lazy design on blizzard there are not many runeblade options for deathknights so they use normal weapons mostly.
    What? Ner'zhul as the LK created the scourge DKs obviously he can do anything a DK can.
    Not only was Arthas a death knight by any measure (Tichondrius addresses him as such in the opening seconds of the scourge campaign in WCIII). But once he merged with the armour he absolutely certainly could use any skill a dk could.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    No, because Frostmourne was SHATTERED at the end of the LK fight and the shards of it where used in Legion for Mage and DK quests.
    I find it funny how people make such a deal out of the notion of reforging it, especially with us going to the Forge of Domination and learning about (if not meeting with) the being that created both Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Ner'zhul as the LK created the scourge DKs obviously he can do anything a DK can.
    Not only was Arthas a death knight by any measure (Tichondrius addresses him as such in the opening seconds of the scourge campaign in WCIII). But once he merged with the armour he absolutely certainly could use any skill a dk could.
    It's funny because the fact of the matter is that Arthas is the defining second generation Death Knight (if we count characters like Teron and others that were orc souls in human bodies as first)

Which is where vampiric runeblades take a living being and slowly turn them undead, rather than them being killed and raised. (like the Acherus Death Knights were) This also made the runeblades the central source of their power, which, if broken, would render the death knight weakened if not powerless. This is what pre-WoTLK/pre-Acherus Death Knights were. Post-Acherus Death Knights are basically cheapo Death Knights because Arthas couldn't afford to give everyone a personal vampiric, corrupting runeblade.

Lich king is a necromancer and can do different things to what a deathknight could do, just using frostmourne and eventually becoming undead does not make you a real deathknight, he was an undead knight by definition, arthas never trained to become a deathknight so cant be considered an actual deathknight and became the lich king fairly fast.

Lich king is a necromancer and can do different things to what a deathknight could do, just using frostmourne and eventually becoming undead does not make you a real deathknight, he was an undead knight by definition, arthas never trained to become a deathknight so cant be considered an actual deathknight and became the lich king fairly fast.
    Do you have a source for any of this?
    What is the difference between the LK and a death knight?
    Arthas created the entire ebon blade (discounting bolvar's allied race nonsense) any 'training' that differentiates a necromancer from a deathknight would have been created by Arthas.
    Also, every single WCIII DK was a paladin that was eventually turned undead by the vampiric runeblades the LK gifted them, exactly like Arthas.

Just expanding upon my own idea a bit more:

I would probably have it Death Knight-only, personally, but I probably wouldn't restrict it to any spec (even though I'm really pumped about 2hand Frost returning).

In fact, I personally like the idea that this SUPER HARD quest would not just test you as a player, but actually test each specific Spec of DK.

So you can't just be "an awesome DK", you would have to be awesome at playing Blood spec, Frost spec, AND Unholy spec. Frostmourne (even if doesn't retain any of its original power) is kind of the ultimate reward, so I like the idea of making it difficult, much like the Green-fire and Mage/Challenge Tower.

The biggest thing, is I would purpose have VERY LOW ilvl-cap. Meaning, it doesn't matter how good your gear is, you're automatically scaled down to the same level as anyone else. These would be Solo boss-fights or Challenges that would hinge entirely on your SKILL as a DK, as opposed to "needing the best possible gear". For example, maybe you'd have boss fights where you have to cast Control Undead on specific minions to bypass an enemy's defenses, or commanding them to run in front of you to absorb devastating attacks from the boss. Needing to cast Death and Decay at a moment's notice, while also being extremely careful with it's placement.

DK's obviously have less utility skills than the Warlock, so it would be harder to create truly clever mechanics, but I can tell you that when the Green-Fire quest chain was first added, if you were one of the early Warlocks to pursue it (likely undergeared), it was a truly difficulty and satisfying fight. Maybe the best fight Blizzard has ever created, especially when you were having to pull *every* trick out of the book.

Do you have a source for any of this?
    What is the difference between the LK and a death knight?
    Arthas created the entire ebon blade (discounting bolvar's allied race nonsense) any 'training' that differentiates a necromancer from a deathknight would have been created by Arthas.
    Also, every single WCIII DK was a paladin that was eventually turned undead by the vampiric runeblades the LK gifted them, exactly like Arthas.
    All the deathknights in the ebonblade were created and trained, arthas was not made into a deathknight and received no training at all to be a deathknight, just picking up a runeblade that has powers similar to a deathknight doesnt make you one. Once fused with the lich king he would have all his knowledge to use, a deathknights abilities are generally weaker versions of what a necromancer could do.

Runeblades pre exist deathknights by thousands of years.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-04 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And yet people gobbled up the Magetower in Legion.
    You clearly don't remember how many people cried about not being able to do the challenges and that they were too hard.