Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Do you nerds still believe this game is coming out?
    The MMO is already out, and it's quite good. The problem is that the scope creep is so large I doubt they will be able to fulfill all of the goals within the next five years.

Will Squadron 42 come out? Who knows. They haven't even greyboxed half of the levels. Will it come out within the next five years? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The facts prove im correct, how many patches have we had since 3.0, chris stated he was only showing a small part of the roadmap in the presentation, the big releases are not always scheduled for the end of the year, pretty much most patches after 3.0 have had content of equal value delivering extra features and a ship or two.
    Welcome to my ignore list. You don't discuss any points I am bringing up, all you are doing is copy/pasting a ridiculous asinine claim.

I can only conclude that you are trolling so consider yourself reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The MMO is already out, and it's quite good. The problem is that the scope creep is so large I doubt they will be able to fulfill all of the goals within the next five years.

Will Squadron 42 come out? Who knows. They haven't even greyboxed half of the levels. Will it come out within the next five years? Maybe?
    Do you know if the beta for Squadron 42 is still intended for later this year?

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Do you know if the beta for Squadron 42 is still intended for later this year?
    They haven't talked about SQ42 is a while, and they have stopped updating the SQ42 roadmap. Last year, they said that the SQ42 beta was delayed to Q3 2020, but I'm thinking that Q4 2020 or early 2021 would be the earliest. I doubt the beta would be public, as CIG has made it a point that they don't want to have SQ42 spoiled before release.

They haven't talked about SQ42 is a while, and they have stopped updating the SQ42 roadmap. Last year, they said that the SQ42 beta was delayed to Q3 2020, but I'm thinking that Q4 2020 or early 2021 would be the earliest. I doubt the beta would be public, as CIG has made it a point that they don't want to have SQ42 spoiled before release.
    Thanks. I am assuming Covid-19 has not helped matters either. Hopefully we see an update of their plans soon.

I wouldn't call it out unless it's released, either as early access or w/e. The fine line for me is no more resets and persistence in general. Plus a point where we can finally criticize the game without someone going "pre-alpha lulz".

My prediction is the complete opposite of yours.

- SQ42 will be rushed out because the project in general will need more cash. This is what I want due to Mark Hamill etc.

- Star Citizen the MMO will never release because it will never be finished.

- SQ42 will be ported to a new gen console, sparking outrage due to the "PC exclusivity".

- Backers will finally go through the shock -> disappointment-> anger phase and will ultimately turn on Chris Roberts. He won't care, because he's already a millionaire and nobody can stop that.

He basically got rich and never had to release Star Citizen. On top of this, the most profitable state of the game was development as opposed to actually post-release. This alone should put Chris in the history books on ways how to get rich. This alone was unprecedented. Unfortunately for all backers this is the only thing unprecedented with Star Citizen's state.

The End.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2020-05-03 at 10:05 PM.

Uncle Derek would be proud.... Only missing the 90 days top.

But "The End." is also a nice touch.

Anyone needing help to get their foot in the door this YouTuber released a simple and straightforward new-player guide for 3.9 patch.

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-05-03 at 10:43 PM.

Had been wondering about what happened to salvaging since its removal from the roadmap and then I saw someone on Spectrum put this together

Not to be too nitpicky, but it's not "out" yet. It hasn't been commercially released. It's available to play to those who backed the game early, which is not the same thing. Saying that a game still in alpha, is "out" is incredibly disingenuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    The MMO is already out, and it's quite good.
    LoL yeah, its totally out in Alpha. First Alpha release game ever made! SC BREAKING BARRIERS!

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Had been wondering about what happened to salvaging since its removal from the roadmap and then I saw someone on Spectrum put this together
    The best part? This is the second time salvaging was removed from the roadmap. It was originally slated for Q1 '19, alongside player repairs; which I believe were also removed from the roadmap a second time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL yeah, its totally out in Alpha. First Alpha release game ever made! SC BREAKING BARRIERS!
    wE aRe nOT WoRTHy of the shining bliss that is chris roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The best part? This is the second time salvaging was removed from the roadmap. It was originally slated for Q1 '19, alongside player repairs; which I believe were also removed from the roadmap a second time.
    They are porbably just working on SQ42 more where salvaging is not needed yet, salvaging would require lots of assets of ship parts being split into other sections and drones would have to be implemented also combined with tractor beams so there is a few things that would be required to implement salvaging, salvaging would probably start of with just missions at first and then evolve into being able to salvage player ships.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are porbably just working on SQ42 more where salvaging is not needed yet, salvaging would require lots of assets of ship parts being split into other sections and drones would have to be implemented also combined with tractor beams so there is a few things that would be required to implement salvaging, salvaging would probably start of with just missions at first and then evolve into being able to salvage player ships.
    For two years? And if so, why put it on the roadmap a second time?

Maybe they tried something and it didnt work or didnt feel good enough and just pushed it to later, it would be better to just get SQ42 out of the way before doing complex professions.

For a company supposedly renowned for its transparency, no one knows exactly why these features get removed. Like, why don't they just explain the blocker as a way of educating backers in the difficulties of game development.

I think it is down to engine difficulties. I'm guessing they thought OCS and SSOCS would allow for this but SSOCS hasn't had the effect they wished for. The servers struggle now without hundreds of wrecks and items littering the place and to introduce that would simply bog things down to be unplayable, so they are now waiting on the next piece of jesus tech, iCache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    so they are now waiting on the next piece of jesus tech, iCache.
    Please tell me you're just being hyperbolic with this statement.

But I thought Sq42 is nearly finished? Didn't Roberts say years ago that he had already played the full campaign
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Please tell me you're just being hyperbolic with this statement.
    Nope. It really is the next thing to save the day!

It will allow Full Persistence, which will enable all sorts of gameplay loops to be added into the PU. This is the second last biggest Pillar before Server Meshing.
    In terms of gameplay, it'll be a "whole new ballgame". Players will be able to travel to any location, any planet, place an item down on the ground, and expect it to stay there (with some minor caveats) and remain even when they leave and come back. It will allow a much broader type of gameplay, opening up many more avenues. I'm definitely understating the scope, here, for brevity.
    These people never learn.

I dont think there has been an update on SQ42 for at least 6 months plus but out of all the tasks they were around 40% back then, will just have to see if there is some update nearer the end of the year.