Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Really the best option is to make a fork of WoW off vanilla instead of BC. Do a new story featuring more minor foes instead of constant world-ending threats. Learn why retail went south and take the correct approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd say WotLK is the sweet spot where the game doesn't feel to dated (Classic and to some extend TBC) and still has the right amount of features to make the game feel like a proper MMORPG. WotLK improved the game by a lot gameplay wise and had the right balance of accessibility.
    Wrath was where everything started to really go downhill. It got pretty antisocial. Communities were in full collapse. Leveling sucked in Wrath because everyone had massive health pools so it felt like you and mob were wearing those massive inflatable sumo costumes just bouncing off each other. The dungeons were faceroll in Wrath. I quit about halfway thru Wrath because the changes were terrible. I have no interest in reliving something that made me quit.

Its easy to say subs were highest in Wrath, but in truth they were leveling off and starting their descent as people were already starting to leave during ICC.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    yeah but there are others who want to assault the shores of dragon soul and kill the good old deathwing. For some deathwing was the end of wow. Can you stop them?

Wotlk capitalized on the successful concept of tbc, it was exactly the same. Cataclysm tried to continue with the same style and failed until legion released and the game changed again with new ideas in. I understand that Arthas was important lorewise and some may want to relive the fight but deathwing and Illidan were important too if not more important than Arthas.

If you ask me, lorewise legion was the end of wow with two fillers in-between.
    Don't give me that BS that it was the same...the hybrid classes were really starting to get fleshed out...it added the DK...they were really starting to get creative with raids...Wintergrasp was pretty cool too.

Plenty of stuff that sets WotLK apart from BC.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Opinions are opinions and all that. To me the magic ends with WotLK...but since we argue with arbitrary ideas....once they release TBC IMHO "then they might as well release everything else"

But I really don't think too many ppl are keen on Cataclyms or WoD Legacy servers.

I believe Blizzard will keep monitoring the acceptance....TBC seems a given at this point with the recent poll. As long as it makes them money and pulls ppl in...it isn't pointless.
    well plenty of people like how certain class played in every expansion,or rly enjoyed a raid tier or pvp system,for me cata had some rly nice classes,wod had some gr8 raiding,personaly i wish they go all the way to mop atleast

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I don't use Google. I know better!
    Oh you’re just trolling, okay my bad.

I've got zero interest in WOTLK, so I wouldn't play it myself. However, there are other people out there who aren't me (... radical concept for some, I know). It's their free time, what do I care what they want to play.

Can we stop with this "I don't like this game version, it shouldn't exist and no one should be allowed to play it" nonsense please. I'm waiting for TBC, hoping they do the right thing and just make snapshots of Classic servers that get upgraded to TBC, but still keep Classic as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Blizzard releases TBC servers already this year?

Oh gosh I hope not. As much as I want TBC, it's much too early.

If the patch cycle from Vanilla is anything to go by, we'd get AQ around August, and Naxx around December/January. Yes sure, hardcore guilds who played this game to death on private servers will most likely down C'Thun and KT on their opening nights, but the rest of us filthy casuals who've never set foot in these raids would like to try, too.

I like the "milk the content for what it's worth" approach.

TBC is fine. WotLK might work fine, but thats a stretch. Beyond that I dont see them doing more atleast.

Just hope they dont direct to much into bringing old games/xpac to life and rather create new cool games. One can wish.

I think Classic will end with 'No King rules forever, my son'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was full active at WOTLK, it was during then that I reached my highest rating in arena 2600+ and killed yogg, algalon, arthas, anubarak. If you ask me it was one of my best expansions. TBC was more casual for me, I didn't participate much but I remember clearly how it worked. Yes there were differences in raids but honestly the ideas were the same.

I don't remember much from tbc pvp but how can you forget the mlg finals with the shadowdance reckfull rmp and the day 9 commenting.
    I'd admit that the arena was really broken back to WOTLK, dieing to the elevator to double shadowmourne or getting one shotted by elementals shamans, it wasn't as strategic as tbc.
    The required attunments were anything but casual. Sure WotLK had better raid design, the encounters and hardmode unlocks idea in Ulduar were fantastic (nothing ever came close) but other than that, it was all fairly easy. Maybe LK25HC was a bit of a bitch even with gear, if you aren't a good raid then you wouldn't of cleared it pre 3.3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    TBC is fine. WotLK might work fine, but thats a stretch. Beyond that I dont see them doing more atleast.

Just hope they dont direct to much into bringing old games/xpac to life and rather create new cool games. One can wish.
    Honestly, this is a common subject. Blizzard is dead. They will never catch that flame they once had. It's gone, RIP.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    The required attunments were anything but casual. Sure WotLK had better raid design, the encounters and hardmode unlocks idea in Ulduar were fantastic (nothing ever came close) but other than that, it was all fairly easy. Maybe LK25HC was a bit of a bitch even with gear, if you aren't a good raid then you wouldn't of cleared it pre 3.3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, this is a common subject. Blizzard is dead. They will never catch that flame they once had. It's gone, RIP.
    Yeah I agree with you. Right now it looks grim if we want new games coming from Blizzard. They work on new wow xpac and relaunches the old ones. easy enough, lots of money.

Besides that theres OW2(when is that coming?) and Diablo4 in the works. SC & HoTs is where it is and wont bring much new to the table. HS will prob also get new updates now and then, but its not new and refreshing.

Looking at it right now, I cant see Blizzard releasing anything big in many years. The cashcow WOW will continue to bring in alot of money, especially knowing that people will play BC & even WOTLK.

If they release wotlk then they might as well release everything else.
    If Blizzard re-released Cataclysm authentically, we'd more than likely see the same head-on collision of pickup groups/fledgling guilds with overtuned PVE and exodus from the game. Mists onward would be trying to recapture the subs and the magic.

Wrath would be hard to stay away from, especially if Wintergrasp battles were open-entry like they were pre-3.2. What an expansion.

I liked wrath but I burnt out in ICC and my guild pretty much folded there, I think others burnt out as well, it was a good expansion but, it also took up an insane amount of time, what with the early double lockout I think wrath was the only expansion where I had multiple alts at various stages of progression, some getting t7 some getting t8, I had a pala that was one tier below my main with totc25. but I think this was the problem you could play a lot and I did, but there were 4 tiers with totc so it felt like it dragged on.

they should do wrath though because it was the last expansion that had the old talent trees and their final form. priests for example, ( I played priest ) didn't get penance until wrath so it was finally the expansion where damage based healing became a thing, even though divine aegis was OP as fuck it was still where my class finally reached its spec identity. in tbc and in classic disc isn't that functionally different to holy, you spend most of your time spamming flash heal, but it finally did change a bit in wrath.

I see WOTLK as good place to stop, and I have to agree with those saying that wotlk added a lot of new stuff to the game. Tho I really enjoyed Mists as well.

My dream would be if they would add not released content during expansions, thus making them last longer and also some people would want to return to them, to try it out. I bet this is unpopular opinion tho.

Yeah, I admit most that I know from Classic servers today is the crazies who got to lv 60 and cleared MC in 4 days, then 40 minutes of BWL. No idea how the general population is doing...though there were complaints of a "go go go roflstomp everything" mentality also in 5 mans.
    It varies. I think my guild is quite casual, but still we've had MC and Onyxia on farm for a long time, ZG on farm since the very release (including the fishing boss), and currently we're 7/8 BWL.

That's nowhere near the 40 min BWL clear of some guilds, but I'm happy with where we are. Most of MC/ZG is indeed a roflstomp, but usually the last bosses (Rag/Ony/Hakkar) require a little bit more practice. Nothing extreme, just a bit of awareness. Most of it is "don't do anything stupid and you'll generally be fine". Certainly way easier than TBC intro raids and heroics were.

BWL, on the other hand, required some practice and upgrades. Again, nothing extreme, but it's not like we just walked in then out showered with epics on day 1.

I wonder what AQ will be like for us.

3+ Year Old Account
    No. Even though TBC was the authentic pinnacle of WoW, WotLK was still a great CLASSIC expansion. It is pretty clear that the old WoW ends with WotLK and ICC being cleared. In fact, everyone knows (without official announcements) the Classic saga will end with WotLK.

I wonder how long the war effort will take before it opens

But nice to see the perspective of somebody who isn't claiming everything is immediately faceroll
    My guild isn't exactly try hard, meaning we don't require full world buffs). We don't do speed runs. We allow meme specs but everyone generally knows how to gear and play effectively. we cleared BWL the second week. We are now clearing MC/BWL in one night. (little under 2 hours for BWL about 1.5 hours for MC)

MC/ZG is an actual roflstomp. ZG is basically a 20 man UBRS (but it does have some fun bosses). BWL requires a bit more in terms of execution, especially from tanks but is still pretty easy.

AQ is probably where we are going to start seeing guilds hit roadblocks.

Honestly don't know how long it will take to open the gates on our server. I am on a low pop server, but even the low pop servers in classic are much more populated then the vanilla servers were so it will for sure be a lot less time. My memory isn't all that great for that time period either so I don't even really remember how long it took to open the gates back in those days.

Hoping AQ comes along before too much longer. honestly starting to get a little bored.

I was full active at WOTLK, it was during then that I reached my highest rating in arena 2600+ and killed yogg, algalon, arthas, anubarak. If you ask me it was one of my best expansions. TBC was more casual for me, I didn't participate much but I remember clearly how it worked. Yes there were differences in raids but honestly the ideas were the same.

I don't remember much from tbc pvp but how can you forget the mlg finals with the shadowdance reckfull rmp and the day 9 commenting.
    I'd admit that the arena was really broken back to WOTLK, dieing to the elevator to double shadowmourne or getting one shotted by elementals shamans, it wasn't as strategic as tbc.
    what ideas were the same? can u mention 5?

And Wotlk PvP wasnt bad, It was a lot of fun, after they removed the elevator map that is, so Season 7 and onwards I guess :P i specifically mentioned the E-sport scene.

I have only two problems with WotLK: dungeon finder and vehicle quests. Maybe the third would be reputation tabards but i can live with them even tho i think it as a lazy way to farm reputation.

Well, now that i think death knights mess the balance in game and every piece of gear was designed to look good on DK and thus, they are all black. Oh, and Trial of the Crusader! Who could forget that!?

Maybe i'll stay in TBC afterall.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want WotlK Classic, but I don't want it released in phases, I would like it all rolled out at once. The letting everyone catch up or w/e nonsense excuse they have for releasing everything in chunks won't hold as much water in WotlK since leveling is extremely, absurdly fast and there isn't an attunement grind. WotlK you essentially jump immediately into Naxx 25 and receive your free tier set lol, it was a joke, not even in retrospect, in real time, people at launch were laughing at Naxx.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a 100% chance they will re-release their most profitable and playable expansion to date WoTLK. Mark it down

making threads like this is also pointless and it doesnt seem to stop anyone...

wotlk was when wow was most popular, if you think its re-release wouldnt bring a lot of people and money back you are naive