Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    AngryJoe has also become a clickbaiter now, in regards to the leaks. Such a shame...
    His fan base was rabid and rebelled against him when he tried to move away from the norm so he doubled down on the clickbait to keep his fans especially past few months after his other income dried up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Neil Druckmann is a fucking idiot. You don't make a sequel where you play as a murderous maniac that hunts down, rapes and kills a beloved protagonist from the original game. Guess he thinks that D&D's GoT ending was good too. Subverting expectations is easy when it means torturing beloved characters for shock value.
    is this like a game of spoiled telephone? its murderous maniac now? rapes? where is THIS coming from?

how do you define a murderous maniac? because if its someone committing revenge, then Tess and Joel are established as murderous maniacs in first hour of the first game. you know - when they hunt down Robert and slaughter him AND his crew.. and not even over a death of a loved one. oh no. over a smuggled shipment. over STUFF.

where are you getting rape, i have no idea.

as for shock value? are you sure its for shock value and NOT to make us think on Joel's actions and what they are like from perspective of the PEOPLE HE HURT?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    is this like a game of spoiled telephone? its murderous maniac now? rapes? where is THIS coming from?

how do you define a murderous maniac? because if its someone committing revenge, then Tess and Joel are established as murderous maniacs in first hour of the first game. you know - when they hunt down Robert and slaughter him AND his crew.. and not even over a death of a loved one. oh no. over a smuggled shipment. over STUFF.

as for shock value? are you sure its for shock value and NOT to make us think on Joel's actions and what they are like from perspective of the PEOPLE HE HURT?
    At this point I don't think people complaining even played the first game. Firstly they went on about Ellie being a Lesbian (during the first trailer) when that was clear in the original. Now it is the new person isn't morally righteous? Tess in the game "We're shitty people.". Joel admitting he's basically no better than the raiders saying he done that kind of shit over the years.

Hell with Robert they tortured him before killing him. Joel also brutally tortures and kills two men to get Ellie back in the blizzard village. He also kills a minimum of one doctor who could have saved humanity (you have no choice on the first). Let's not forget also abandoning a family to be slaughtered during the prologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    At this point I don't think people complaining even played the first game. Firstly they went on about Ellie being a Lesbian (during the first trailer) when that was clear in the original. Now it is the new person isn't morally righteous? Tess in the game "We're shitty people.". Joel admitting he's basically no better than the raiders saying he done that kind of shit over the years.

Hell with Robert they tortured him before killing him. Joel also brutally tortures and kills two men to get Ellie back in the blizzard village. He also kills a minimum of one doctor who could have saved humanity (you have no choice on the first). Let's not forget also abandoning a family to be slaughtered during the prologue.
    And it's what makes TLOU, TLOU. It's not trying to portray some righteous bullshit that you're the good guy, because it's a world where there are no good guys. Some people just can't take the cruel reality of what a world like that would actually be and would rather play some shitty Fallout, Wasteland or The Walking Dead style bullshit where they can pretend they are the righteous super hero making everyone's life better.

Most of the concern trolling is definitely from people who either never played TLOU, or played it 7 years ago and have a terrible memory which turned into a false memory of how the game plays out.

yep, all of this.

now, don't get me wrong - Joel is very much a sympathetic character. he loves, he suffers, he has friends and family and a sense of humor and a gruff charm, he makes difficult choices and even with that family that he abandoned, it was because he had his own little girl in a car who was his primary priority. but that doesn't erase his actions that affected other people in very negative ways.

and given reaction of a good amount of people I'm starting to think it is a BRILLIANT idea to bring that particular fact home.

His fan base was rabid and rebelled against him when he tried to move away from the norm so he doubled down on the clickbait to keep his fans especially past few months after his other income dried up.
    Did not know that - not exactly following him, just watching 1/2 of the reviews he does. When and why this happened, if you could shed some light, please?

10+ Year Old Account

There is no indication of sexual violence in anything that has been leaked.

It's safe to say ND won't cross that particular line either way, cause they will want their game to not get slapped with an AO rating, which means retailers start to refuse to stock it.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There is no indication of sexual violence in anything that has been leaked.

It's safe to say ND won't cross that particular line either way, cause they will want their game to not get slapped with an AO rating, which means retailers start to refuse to stock it.
    Trevor rapes a guy in GTAV and that didn't get an AO rating. ESRB is ran by major publishers, they won't let a major release get tagged with an AO unless they get a lawsuit about it(ala San Andrea hot coffee).

Not saying it's in the game or not, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Did not know that - not exactly following him, just watching 1/2 of the reviews he does. When and why this happened, if you could shed some light, please?
    Joe's been teetering with this for a while now. He lost a lot of viewers from both his Anti-Trump views and his refusal to trash Captain Marvel. His review which gave it a 7/10 (for Joe a 7 is considered something he finds good, not great. Since he doesn't do a normal reviewer's 0-6 being interchangeable shit) has one of his highest dislike ratios with many of his fanbase accusing him of selling out. Pandering to the "SJWs" or being one himself.

Didn't help he went on a game review break for a while, during a time when there really were no good games coming out. He was still making movie reviews and reaction clips that were also being swamped with angry gamers.

Past year or so though since the above he's either had a complete 180 on his views OR realising that his money comes from the reactionaries that he has to pander to them by jumping on the clickbait as much as possible. Yes, it didn't help one of his financial support bailed on pretty much all online video content recently too. One thing that made me realise he's pandering was years defending Affleck's Batman, then a sudden "Oh I always hated Batfleck." comment. Which his friend Other Joe called him out on.

Joe's been teetering with this for a while now. He lost a lot of viewers from both his Anti-Trump views and his refusal to trash Captain Marvel. His review which gave it a 7/10 (for Joe a 7 is considered something he finds good, not great. Since he doesn't do a normal reviewer's 0-6 being interchangeable shit) has one of his highest dislike ratios with many of his fanbase accusing him of selling out. Pandering to the "SJWs" or being one himself.

Didn't help he went on a game review break for a while, during a time when there really were no good games coming out. He was still making movie reviews and reaction clips that were also being swamped with angry gamers.

Past year or so though since the above he's either had a complete 180 on his views OR realising that his money comes from the reactionaries that he has to pander to them by jumping on the clickbait as much as possible. Yes, it didn't help one of his financial support bailed on pretty much all online video content recently too. One thing that made me realise he's pandering was years defending Affleck's Batman, then a sudden "Oh I always hated Batfleck." comment. Which his friend Other Joe called him out on.
    Thank you.
    I do not support his decision, as he basically gave in to all the angry people and gave them more "legitimacy", but I understand it - you gotta pay your bills no matter what you like or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you.
    I do not support his decision, as he basically gave in to all the angry people and gave them more "legitimacy", but I understand it - you gotta pay your bills no matter what you like or not.
    Doesn't help that Youtube loves demonitizing the most harmless of stuff but Off topic. Not surprising the topic of crunch isn't being discussed here when the leak was found out(Or at least in general not just here).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Trevor rapes a guy in GTAV and that didn't get an AO rating. ESRB is ran by major publishers, they won't let a major release get tagged with an AO unless they get a lawsuit about it(ala San Andrea hot coffee).

Not saying it's in the game or not, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
    Even GTA V didn't cross that line of having that case be explicit. It is implied, but never shown, unlike e.g the torture scene that caused a ruckus back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Hey, same I also got "disappointed" with his video.
    Not because of "clickbait" but because he said "im sad and i will no longer buy the game"

I just got disappointed he became a sheep following the others sheeps and obeying the "leaders" that are the "outrage youtubers/media"
    There was no clickbait in the title or thumbnail of his video. Unless we are counting popular YouTubers discussing a trending issue as clickbait now. As for Joe saying that he will not longer buy the game, later on in the video he says he has to play it and will try to keep an open mind to whatever happens.
    Last edited by Sammonoske; 2020-05-05 at 05:55 AM.

According to new leaks, Ellie gets Oberyn treatment. Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    According to new leaks, Ellie gets Oberyn treatment. Fantastic.
    and we trust those leaks are accurate... why?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Bull. Shit. I know plenty of people, including myself, who have played the first game that are pissed off. But we also aren't surprised either, since anyone who is a fan of Naughty Dog, knows that Neil Druckmann is an ideological simp and the main reason why Amy Hennig quit, even though she was a big part of why the Uncharted games and TLOU were good games.

and we trust those leaks are accurate... why?
    Sony and Naughty Dog essentially confirmed they're real by their massive effort to have them removed from any place they've appeared. Naughty Dog dev's apologise that they've been leaked and share their disappointment.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Sony and Naughty Dog essentially confirmed they're real by their massive effort to have them removed from any place they've appeared. Naughty Dog dev's apologise that they've been leaked and share their disappointment.
    I'm talking about the newest leak that the person I was replying to posted. that doesn't seem to be the part of original leaks. so.. i ask again. we trust it to be accurate.. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bull. Shit. I know plenty of people, including myself, who have played the first game that are pissed off. But we also aren't surprised either, since anyone who is a fan of Naughty Dog, knows that Neil Druckmann is an ideological simp and the main reason why Amy Hennig quit, even though she was a big part of why the Uncharted games and TLOU were good games.
    Amy Henning had nothing to do with TLOU1. When Amy Henning was at ND they had 2 teams, her team made Uncharted 1, Uncharted 3 and started work on Uncharted 4. Druckman's team made Uncharted 2, TLOU and ND was merged back into 1 team and he took over Uncharted 4 as well.

Druckman's games have higher praise then Hennig's across the board. There is a reason Sony put Uncharted 4 in his hands, and Uncharted 2 and 4 both have higher universal praise then 1 and 3 do as well as TLOU being far higher praise then her games. Idk why I even made a serious reply to this post when you're throwing around shit terms like "simp" but you should do some fact checking before making posts like this.

Your agenda is clear and you aren't fooling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Amy Henning had nothing to do with TLOU1. When Amy Henning was at ND they had 2 teams, her team made Uncharted 1, Uncharted 3 and started work on Uncharted 4. Druckman's team made Uncharted 2, TLOU and ND was merged back into 1 team and he took over Uncharted 4 as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unchar..._Among_Thieves
    She directed UC2 and was one of the main writers. I know he was the lead designer, but that post made it sound like Amy Hennig was not involved with UC2.

EDIT:

I am not saying I disagree with your assessment of Druckman's successes btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.