View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is very simple. The EU have broken the WA by not "using their best endeavours, in good faith to negotiate expeditiously their future relationship with the UK" If the EU had honoured their obligations it might have been possible for them to open their outpost in NI. But they can't cherry pick or have their cake and eat it.

They broke the WA, it is dead - not just bits of it, all of it. No deal here we come, yippeeeee!!!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But they can't cherry pick or have their cake and eat it.
    The irony of using that statement in relation to the EU, when the entire Brexit process was built around that principle.

Still leaves me trying to figure out whether the whole dribbles persona is brilliant satire or ignorant reality. It's like having a discussion with a sentient version of The Onion most of the time.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Don't play dumb Pann, you've been in this thread long enough to very much be aware of which treaty would concern enforcement of it in NI regarding Brexit.
    I am not. And yes I am aware what treaty concerns customs enforcement although it appears that person I replied to has absolutely no idea. However none what you've written explains how the UK plans to or would be violating any treaty.

Would you care to back his or her fanciful claim - that the UK is planing to violate a treaty - or are you just trying to stir?
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-05-05 at 01:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    The irony of using that statement in relation to the EU, when the entire Brexit process was built around that principle.

Still leaves me trying to figure out whether the whole dribbles persona is brilliant satire or ignorant reality. It's like having a discussion with a sentient version of The Onion most of the time.
    The Brexit process was built by the EU to enable members to leave should they choose, the UK chose. It is the EU that are insisting in bad faith the stuff that leads to a no deal, not the UK. A no deal Brexit is all on the EU.

“EU will insist on parallel progress on LPF [level playing field], governance & fishing in order to progress a trade deal,”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUKKBN22H0X4

None of that cherry picking is acceptable to the UK.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The Brexit process was built by the EU to enable members to leave should they choose, the UK chose. It is the EU that are insisting in bad faith the stuff that leads to a no deal, not the UK. A no deal Brexit is all on the EU.

“EU will insist on parallel progress on LPF [level playing field], governance & fishing in order to progress a trade deal,”

And now "cherry picking" gets attributed to the EU. Seriously dribbles, is gaslighting and projection all you have left now? Is the realisation of the clusterfuck that Brexit is going to be sinking in now, so you are desperate to try and redirect the blame before it does?

If even your boundless enthusiasm in the face of contrary facts is starting to wain, there really is no hope left for Brexit.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because we left the EU in January and they no longer have any enforcement ability in the UK.
    You do understand that NI wants them there and the enforcement you think they don't have is part of the agreement to uphold the freedom between Ireland and NI. Right now, the UK is fighting NI over EU presence, strong and stable.

- - - Updated - - -

But I thought the EU needs the UK more, yet they are the ones torpedoing the future agreement negotiation process? Stupid EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    8 weeks by now until extension is truly impossible, june 30 is a tuesday too. blame game starts when ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    8 weeks by now until extension is truly impossible, june 30 is a tuesday too. blame game starts when ?
    I don't expect that until some time in December. Until then the UK government will be talking about how close they are to a deal.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Simon Coveney has started already.

7+ Year Old Account
    And now "cherry picking" gets attributed to the EU. Seriously dribbles, is gaslighting and projection all you have left now? Is the realisation of the clusterfuck that Brexit is going to be sinking in now, so you are desperate to try and redirect the blame before it does?

If even your boundless enthusiasm in the face of contrary facts is starting to wain, there really is no hope left for Brexit.
    What contrary facts? They daily all point in the other direction. Here is todays anouncement that would never have happened if remainers had their way...

Joint Statement of UK International Trade Secretary Liz Truss and USTR Robert Lighthizer

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/j...0-c30afddcd01c

I'm afraid the EU has gone to the back of the queue, as they face the looming cliff edge perhaps they'll see sense and climb down. Someone remind Barnier the clock is teeeeking?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You do understand that NI wants them there and the enforcement you think they don't have is part of the agreement to uphold the freedom between Ireland and NI. Right now, the UK is fighting NI over EU presence, strong and stable.
    Says who? None of the Unionist parties for sure and in any case it is a decision for the newly sovereign UK. So that's a no then, not happening.

But I thought the EU needs the UK more, yet they are the ones torpedoing the future agreement negotiation process? Stupid EU.
    Of course the EU needs the UK more and they blew it.

As for the EU being stupid, what am I to say? Well you said it and who am I to disagree.

Of course the EU needs the UK more and they blew it.
    Which economy is leaving the one that generates nearly a quarter of the world's GDP again? Which country does over half of their trade with the other?

And to do what, exactly? Become Trump's bitch? Just remember that he tends to forget about how special relationships when he's been in them for too long.

Someone remind Barnier the clock is teeeeking
    Your clock has stopped ticking so often in the last 3 years you should be asking for a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you are desperate to try and redirect the blame before it does?
    He's been doing that for months, at least since I started reading the thread regularly

15+ Year Old Account
    Says who? None of the Unionist parties for sure and in any case it is a decision for the newly sovereign UK. So that's a no then, not happening.
    Already linked it a few pages ago, but of course, you don't care for your own countrymen especially not the ones in NI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    He's been doing that for months, at least since I started reading the thread regularly
    Try years rather than months.

The way Dribbles posts here hasn't changed much since 2017.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finaswit View Post
    The sad thing is if the debate had focused on the social benefits of the EU
    The what now? Open borders? Pass. Visa-free travel? First world problems. Etc etc etc.

Funny how all the "experts" decided against trying to sell remaining in the EU on any purported benefits. Almost like they knew the public wouldn't buy it for a second.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Try years rather than months.

The way Dribbles posts here hasn't changed much since 2017.
    Yeah figured, but I've only been keeping up with the thread for like 9 months. Not really fair to comment on things from before that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    The what now? Open borders? Pass. Visa-free travel? First world problems. Etc etc etc.

Funny how all the "experts" decided against trying to sell remaining in the EU on any purported benefits. Almost like they knew the public wouldn't buy it for a second.
    The experts couldn't really sell benefits that don't exist. To this day not one remainer has ever listed a single benefit that sensible people would give tuppence-ha'penny for. Let alone £350 million a week...

Probably why the rejoin campaign is a non-starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The experts couldn't really sell benefits that don't exist. To this day not one remainer has ever listed a single benefit that sensible people would give tuppence-ha'penny for. Let alone £350 million a week...

Probably why the rejoin campaign is a non-starter.
    The 350 million a week was disproven over 2 years ago though. But sure, let's go with that. 350 million a week is 18 billion a year, or there about. The UK has a GDP of over 2 trillion pounds. We're talking about 0.1% of the GDP. Or if we're taking tax money, the UK government pulled in ~800 billion (From what I can find online, it's probably wrong), so we're still talking about 2%.
    Now to actually pull the wrong number you spend, around 250 million, or a total of 13 billion a year, and we're at ~1.5% of tax income, and 0.07% GDP. At that point it's basically a rounding error.

And sure, who wouldn't want to be inside one of, if not the single, biggest trading blocks in the world. Not to mention leaving would mean you would have to cut exports to ALL your neighbours since they're still part of the EU, so import taxes and fees would kill most low-cost items.

But we both know you're not actually serious, and I'm just screaming at a well.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The 350 million a week was disproven over 2 years ago though. But sure, let's go with that. 350 million a week is 18 billion a year, or there about. The UK has a GDP of over 2 trillion pounds. We're talking about 0.1% of the GDP. Or if we're taking tax money, the UK government pulled in ~800 billion (From what I can find online, it's probably wrong), so we're still talking about 2%.
    Now to actually pull the wrong number you spend, around 250 million, or a total of 13 billion a year, and we're at ~1.5% of tax income, and 0.07% GDP. At that point it's basically a rounding error.

And sure, who wouldn't want to be inside one of, if not the single, biggest trading blocks in the world. Not to mention leaving would mean you would have to cut exports to ALL your neighbours since they're still part of the EU, so import taxes and fees would kill most low-cost items.

But we both know you're not actually serious, and I'm just screaming at a well.
    And they have already realised they will need 50,000 new customs officers, just for a start. Assuming they are on an average UK salary and that staff costs are generally around double the salary, that's getting close to £3bn a year for just them. Made a pretty big dent in all that "extra" money we'll have before we even start thinking of anything else.

Once you start to factor in all the EU wide organisations that we're going to have to set up our own versions of, that money won't last long. Even ignoring that Brexit (and Covid) will have a detrimental impact on GDP.

But all this is wasted on dribbles. As long as he has his unicorns, he could give a fuck about the practical impacts of his little Brexit dream.

7+ Year Old Account
    But all this is wasted on dribbles.
    Or maybe us Brexiteers just care about other things than muh GDP .
    Still not tired of winning.