I am returning to the game after last playing in 2013. Everything is radically different and I am completely lost. I am looking for suggestions on a character to focus on that is good for wvw (both zerg and small scale) and pvp. My experience on my mesmer is just melting non-stop and it is probably not the character for me. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    I am returning to the game after last playing in 2013. Everything is radically different and I am completely lost. I am looking for suggestions on a character to focus on that is good for wvw (both zerg and small scale) and pvp. My experience on my mesmer is just melting non-stop and it is probably not the character for me. Any suggestions?
    As far as I know, there's still no meta after recent patch that revamped PvP and WvW balance. Try playing Soulbeast, Scourge or Core Necro, Firebrand, maybe they are still strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Been having a good time playing again, thanks to Corona I have put like 100+ hours in the last 2 weeks.
    Finally completing the PoF story, worth noting that Archon Iberu is the most obnoxious story boss I have ever fought, in any mmo, ever. I hope whoever designed was taken off the encounter design team

Besides that though, been having a good time.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I saw so many people returning to the game. Myself as a content creator all the wiews from my Guide exploded (from x2 to x5).
    lot's of people are back ! Guess it's both because of new expansion annonuncement + corona lockdown

New GW1 (yes, the first one) update tomorrow, introducing new weapon set and new PvE skill for every profession.
    Looking for Raid.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa...that's kinda crazy actually. I've been meaning to play that again for ages.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    10 new elites ayy I'm not expecting any quality whatsoever I just hope it marks the potential for more GW1 content because I would play that over 2 in a heartbeat. I don't think ANet realize what they've done. It will be a dick move if they just stop there with a drip feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    New GW1 (yes, the first one) update tomorrow, introducing new weapon set and new PvE skill for every profession.
    I'm surprised, I thought GW1 was closed now. I was playing it like almost 10 years ago.

Omg, just tried to use my old account name and password. Hadn`t played since the game launched in 2012 and it worked!

I apparently have a lvl 62 human elementalist. I might just start from scratch as a Mesmer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Omg, just tried to use my old account name and password. Hadn`t played since the game launched in 2012 and it worked!

I apparently have a lvl 62 human elementalist. I might just start from scratch as a Mesmer

I apparently had someone else logged in my account and use it to sell stuff for real life money and do illegal activities.
    And they banned my account

RIP

The End

(im now trying the same thing with Blade & Soul)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    10 new elites ayy I'm not expecting any quality whatsoever I just hope it marks the potential for more GW1 content because I would play that over 2 in a heartbeat. I don't think ANet realize what they've done. It will be a dick move if they just stop there with a drip feed.
    Anet has leaned in hard on the GW1 anniversary...and Anet hints tend to always be transparent if you look hard enough. They only thing stopping more GW1 callbacks is CV19. All the GW1 callbacks to the GW1 updates and the underwater update should mean something.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

New map looks interesting, I wonder how much it resembles WvW.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

I apparently had someone else logged in my account and use it to sell stuff for real life money and do illegal activities.
    And they banned my account

RIP

The End

(im now trying the same thing with Blade & Soul)
    Hmm, I did this and found out that someone had hacked my account, they leveled my Necromancer to 80 and had a bunch of gold on him.... Win for me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Hmm, I did this and found out that someone had hacked my account, they leveled my Necromancer to 80 and had a bunch of gold on him.... Win for me.
    LoL! Thats insane good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    LoL! Thats insane good for you
    Yeah, until you find out you can simply go to the Auction house or whatever its called and buy the 2nd best gear in the game from there so there is no real incentive to even play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, until you find out you can simply go to the Auction house or whatever its called and buy the 2nd best gear in the game from there so there is no real incentive to even play the game.
    Because thats how progression works in GW2?

You cant just muscle your way through content with gear.

If we're being technical, third. Can't buy legendary and can't buy all your ascended gear on the AH.

It's never been about gear progression though, that's been a key element of GW. The incentive is to do other stuff than just getting better gear to get better gear (not that there's anything wrong with that). Achievements and collections play a huge role in the game, the hunt for cosmetic stuff is a big element, playing or replaying through stories and content because it's fun is a thing some people do.

It's not for everyone, but there's still plenty of incentive for plenty of us to play without needing to chase ever bigger numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    [video=youtube;Th5EYNDrArA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th5EYNDrArA[/vdeo]
    New map looks interesting, I wonder how much it resembles WvW.
    Probably like Silverwastes more than anything, which was fun until people turned it into what it is today - not bad if max efficiency is your thing I guess.

New skins, new strikes (hopefully they continue to ramp up the difficulty), and the animation of the ice elemental alone will get me to play the patch. The side stuff this season has been good but easily missed if you don't go through the achievements and collections panels. Some reminded me of legendary crafting collections.

Same their will be no VA but that's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If we're being technical, third. Can't buy legendary and can't buy all your ascended gear on the AH.

It's never been about gear progression though, that's been a key element of GW. The incentive is to do other stuff than just getting better gear to get better gear (not that there's anything wrong with that). Achievements and collections play a huge role in the game, the hunt for cosmetic stuff is a big element, playing or replaying through stories and content because it's fun is a thing some people do.

It's not for everyone, but there's still plenty of incentive for plenty of us to play without needing to chase ever bigger numbers.
    Right, but once I figured that out and had all characters to max level and had the "3rd best" gear in the game. I just couldn't get into the game past that, there was no carrot for me. That and I just cant stand not having a defined Holy Trinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Because thats how progression works in GW2?

You cant just muscle your way through content with gear.
    This is the issue I had with GW2 I think, I couldn't really figure out what the point of the game was once you got to max level and bought your gear from the AH.

This is the issue I had with GW2 I think, I couldn't really figure out what the point of the game was once you got to max level and bought your gear from the AH.
    if you play any game with gear as your only purpose then you will lose enjoyment very fast, gear is only a means to make things a little easier and should never be the end goal.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen