Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoStoppingBro View Post
    How old were you, and what year did you start playing WoW?
    Sounds like a sneaky way to steal my PII

14, probably. Some time before BC reveal.

10 in 2005 - pretty much grown up with this game.

Christmas day 2006 as a 12 year old, got to experience vanilla a little bit before BC hit the servers

18 in 2009 iirc, couldn’t play before as my parents would never pay for a subscription-based game so I had to wait until I could pay it by myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    22 in 2007, so mid-BC. I had just graduated college and could finally afford the monthly sub on my own. Would have started in Vanilla otherwise.

TBC, Patch 2.4.3

It was 2008, so I was 15. Amazing times... first time I entered Eversong Woods and The Wailing Caverns I was hooked and AMAZED at the scale of the game. I played as a Shadow Priest.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    These data mining accounts aren't even creative anymore.
    What data do they hope to collect?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 16, in 2006.

i was 16 and have been playing since 20.02.05

i was 9 when i started playing in 2006 and got my own account when i was 10 in 2007

I was 12 and now I'm 25

First time I've "played" wow I was 13 or 14. First time I've actually played wow was first or second year of highschool, I was around 16 then.

2006. I was 9 years old.

who the hell makes a new account to ask this?

10+ Year Old Account
    was 13 and I started June 5th, 2005
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I started playing WoW in the middle of 2011, when I was 15!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in my early 30s in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    who the hell makes a new account to ask this?
    There is some shady stuff happening here. The first 3 posters, including OP, made similar threads and all 3 replied in them. So probably those are sockpuppets. But they don't seem to post anymore, so they aren't gathering 10 posts to start spamming. People earlier in the thread suggested they are mining for birthdates to use in password recovery. But the threads and replies dont give specific dates. And it's hard to automate data retrieval from the answers here. So not sure what the goal is here
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ten. I think it was winter and we were snowed in and as I got bored my Dad got me to have a go on wow. I started during vanilla, tried to get my friends into the game but they were not interested or had no pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    I was in my early 30s in 2004.
    Gratz on ten year badge
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.