I'm enjoying the free DLC so far. It's great they added a good deal of content when we had basically run out of things to do. As well as given caps a purpose again.

I remember getting to the end of the raid where you pick up the gold and thought it was rather anti-climactic for a storage room. Not at all what I expected. Then I got to the actual end and it was like "now this is what I expected!" Lags my PC just by looking at it.

Of course there's still bugs to fix. All of the bugs that have been plaguing my sneak gameplay since day 1 are still there. And there's a new bug where NPCs can steal your rare legendary weapons and use them if you die at certain events with them. So I'd stay away from those if I were you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they would do away with the absolutely absurd subscription, I'd probably give the game a second chance. But having to pay what nearly amounts to a WoW sub to play the game in a way they promised at launch? Hard pass.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You think Fallout 76 is bad? Just look at all the even worse shit going down for my other favorite of TF2. And I'm not talking about the guaranteed unusual items in crates scandal or the lag bot infestation scandal.

Spoilers: Don't play TF2, source code has been leaked, hackers can install viruses onto your computer.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    So wait first players could steal from you and now NPCs can steal from you. Whats next the devs stealing from you? Oh wait they already did.... Not sure who else could steal from fallout 76 players.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-04-24 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stared playing begging of April...currently level 90, just completed the vault raid and started my gold grind for the power Armour currently have x01)

I had around 600 hours invested into fallout 4 and love it so much...however I read the reviews of fallout 76 and people constantly flaming it so didn't want to risk ruining my fallout experience..wish I never read their reviews as I've enjoyed every hour of fallout 76 over the past month.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mates went back for Wastelanders. Convinced me to buy the game. Didn't expect much. Was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy it. But 25hrs into it over the last 4 days..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    They did that in FO4, are you surprised that a game that is essentially just a mod of Fallout 4 has the same exact problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

wtf is wrong with this thread 17 pages are inaccessible?

yeah I've enjoyed wastelanders so far, none of my friends play though so i've pretty much done 35-105 solo, I did play day 1 with a guy from malaysia he barely spoke english and wanted to pvp with everyone, it was hilarious watching him try and then if anyone did shoot back his shotgun stacking build just destroyed them in a couple seconds i didn't even help him i just stood there laughing most of the time I think we played together for about 30hrs straight and then I was extremely tired but had fun, I think we launched a nuke at lvl 35 ish although I barely had the ammo to do that whole thing.. I haven't had anyone mess with me at all since the beginning. I was worried about logging in and having someone reset me with cheats. but so far that hasn't happened. really i've always found the game to be pretty chill just exploring, hoovering up collectables and junk. its a minimal stress game imo.

also i dunno why this thread is busted, perhaps a lot of posts got purged and the thread still thinks its xxx pages long when its really not anymore.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-05 at 11:22 AM.

Yeah Fallout 76 is actually pretty fun. Judging from the hours I've put into it, it's been well worth my purchase. Just a lot of bugs that still need to be fixed, but besides that, there's plenty of stuff to do.

But, after the removal of the raids, the main problem is there isn't much of an endgame to grind for. It's the same problem Warframe has. Everyone is grinding to make their character as strong as possible for a challenge that isn't there.

Also, yeah, this thread is messed up for some reason.

yeah you spend a lot of time farming legendaries to turn into script, I haven't done the main quest for wastelanders yet, i've seen something about gold bullion guessing its a new type of currency I have nearly finished sofia's quest chain. I spend a lot of time just farming ammo and keeping my eyes open for bobbleheads. there is a progression its just a bit slow and random, I had a whole bunch of crappy legendaries yesterday but you're hoping that eventually you'll pay 100 script and get one that lasts a while.

still haven't unlocked the backpack i think i just have to use some diffusers but the recipe is locked behind a perfect arktos event clear. even then i don't think its 100% its a tricky event to finish but doing it perfect is rare and requires a few other ppl.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-05 at 09:50 PM.

There really aren't any guides I've found that detail the two factions. How can I view my current rep? What rewards do I get for getting high rep?

It's the same thing with all the new gold bullion items. I'm not going to spend hours grinding gold to buy and make a gauss pistol when I don't even know how good it is. I can't really find anything detailing all the different items you can buy.

I haven't checked but i'd imagine it doesn't matter too much my character I think is probably the goodie two shoes type so ill likely side with the settlers regardless but if I make an alt i'd probably do that one with the raiders just to see that side of it. I think you might be able to craft legendaries, the weapons added with wastelanders includes a gauss pistol and a gauss mini-gun. I think there is a secret service power armor too, the t-65. I haven't done the chain myself but i'd wager both factions can get these new items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    still haven't unlocked the backpack i think i just have to use some diffusers but the recipe is locked behind a perfect arktos event clear. even then i don't think its 100% its a tricky event to finish but doing it perfect is rare and requires a few other ppl.
    Just do a different challenge then :P

I did like Archer, Athlete, and Hunter; none of them required pretty much anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    There really aren't any guides I've found that detail the two factions. How can I view my current rep? What rewards do I get for getting high rep?

It's the same thing with all the new gold bullion items. I'm not going to spend hours grinding gold to buy and make a gauss pistol when I don't even know how good it is. I can't really find anything detailing all the different items you can buy.
    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Wast...rs_reputations

Personally I've given up on the new stuff. I play a stealth bloodied build and literally none of the new stuff is good for such a build. I am going to get enough bullion to get the thorn armor plans, maybe the jetpack plan, that's about it.

A bloodied compound bow might be able to compete with the bloodied hunting rifle I am currently using for my build... But I would have to farm the rep all the way to max for the plan and then pray to RNGesus at the purveyor to get one (since it can't be crafted legendary like a lot of the other new stuff). So I just gave up on ever trying to get one, I don't want to spend weeks grinding rep and then spend thousands of scrip trying (and failing) to get something that probably has the same or less damage than what I already have.

I think the only thing added by this patch that is definitively useful for my build is the legendary mask you can get from the Wayward starting quest if you side with the Free Radicals. You can cheese the quest to basically savescum and reroll the mask until it gives you a useful roll like Unyielding; and having an extra piece of unyielding gear in a bloodied build is great.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Personally I've given up on the new stuff. I play a stealth bloodied build and literally none of the new stuff is good for such a build. I am going to get enough bullion to get the thorn armor plans, maybe the jetpack plan, that's about it.

A bloodied compound bow might be able to compete with the bloodied hunting rifle I am currently using for my build... But I would have to farm the rep all the way to max for the plan and then pray to RNGesus at the purveyor to get one (since it can't be crafted legendary like a lot of the other new stuff). So I just gave up on ever trying to get one, I don't want to spend weeks grinding rep and then spend thousands of scrip trying (and failing) to get something that probably has the same or less damage than what I already have.

I think the only thing added by this patch that is definitively useful for my build is the legendary mask you can get from the Wayward starting quest if you side with the Free Radicals. You can cheese the quest to basically savescum and reroll the mask until it gives you a useful roll like Unyielding; and having an extra piece of unyielding gear in a bloodied build is great.
    I play stealth to, but bloodied seems to be overkill ever since they got rid of the raids. I have an Instigating gauss rifle and hunter rifle that work fine for me.

But it's annoying they don't really seem to give us anything for stealth. Nothing really to buy from the vendors and stealth is still full of bugs that have existed since day 1. Stealth damage doing nothing. The game throwing it's hands in the air when it comes to deciding if you are hidden or not. You get stuck in Danger, and can't drop it for any reason. Stealth damage not working if anything else is fighting your target, so you can completely forget about being useful in group events or with NPCs around. It's like Bethesda completely forgot stealth is a thing in their game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth builds work just fine, both in solo and group play with the right perks (escape artist and the like come to mind). Back when I was bloodied stealth I could stand directly underneath the SBQ and not be detected.

Stealth builds get so boring so fast though, nowadays I play bloodied battle with a bolstering set and an LMG, its super fun and I hardly die. Just mow down everything.

Power creep is a problem in this game with players being waaaaaay too strong for the monsters that exist, can only hope for the supposed balance patch in the summer to bring things back down to earth.

I'll say it again, Fallout 76, with all its bullshit grinding and HUGE amount of bugs aswell as lots n lots of other issues is a fun game well worth its money.
    Wastelanders especially showed, that the Dev team can make good content and is finally going in the right direction. You can always tell which parts are influenced by the corporate side of the game, but I dare ya to find a game nowadays that isnt tailored for maximum profit.

I'm currently sitting at well over 800 hours and considering I got the game for 60 euros and am playing it with a couple longer breaks every now and then it was / is money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    yeah you spend a lot of time farming legendaries to turn into script, I haven't done the main quest for wastelanders yet, i've seen something about gold bullion guessing its a new type of currency I have nearly finished sofia's quest chain. I spend a lot of time just farming ammo and keeping my eyes open for bobbleheads. there is a progression its just a bit slow and random, I had a whole bunch of crappy legendaries yesterday but you're hoping that eventually you'll pay 100 script and get one that lasts a while.

You can get a plan for a small backpack from the "overseer's cache at the top floor of the Morgantown Airport", a level 50 one holds 30 extra weight and if I am not mistaken can not be customized like the normal one can.

So far I have enjoyed wastelanders, the game feels a lot better than it did back when I last played in 2018.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So fallout is adding a “season” pass now
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/arti...and-76-seasons

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I appreciate the direction they are going for content and PvE wise, its sad to see that they're pulling ANOTHER way to monetize this game out of their pockets.
    Guess we will have to see how much it costs, if you get free season entry with fallout 1st and the like.
    Gotta wait and see how bad or good it turns out...