Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Could never really get into the AC series... never like 'Stealth/Assassination' games, though I've heard Odyssey is more like an RPG. If Valhalla is like so I might give it a go.
    I felt that Origins and Odyssey played more like RPG's, with a feel of MGSV to it (am I the only one who felt a similar vibe?). It still pushes you towards stealth, though you can take an action route to some extent, but it has more RPG elements to it than previous games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Could never really get into the AC series... never like 'Stealth/Assassination' games, though I've heard Odyssey is more like an RPG. If Valhalla is like so I might give it a go.
    I am guessing Valhalla will be more like Origins/Odyssey. Still has stealth but plays more like an action game with attack, dodge, parry mechanics. Reminds me a lot of Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War if you played either of those.

The so called gameplay trailer, not much of gameplay in that just a couple seconds spread out.

Guess we will have to wait some more before actual gameplay of something like a raid or open world roaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for changing the thread title edge
    Do you hear the voices too?

Thoughts on the trailer...

Ubisoft still picks the god-damned worst songs to go with their trailers. Seriously, I hate almost every one of the songs on their trailers for any game. Look what Hellblade 2 did with their announcement trailer. THAT is a good choice of scoring that supports both the tone of the trailer and theme of the game. I get it, exclusively using Amon Amarth probably isn't gonna go well (I CAN DREAM), but this shit...fucking ugh.

Looks pretty. Curious to see what it's actually looking like running on the hardware, but they did show some good scenery shots.

This...wasn't a gameplay trailer. At all. This was a flythrough trailer at best, with a few snippets of action. Feels like a complete waste of an asset that could have been actually impactful.

Man I hate that Ubisoft's marketing can be so bad but their games so good. This was a pretty awful first look at the game, and if I didn't come in excited and invested given my love of AC:Od and vikings, this would have done literally nothing to excite me. Hell, it does literally nothing to excite me about the gameplay. It does excite me that we'll have a pretty world to explore though, so there's that.

anyone thinks that the graphics are mediocre and at mid settings for PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Ubisoft still picks the god-damned worst songs to go with their trailers. Seriously, I hate almost every one of the songs on their trailers for any game. Look what Hellblade 2 did with their announcement trailer. THAT is a good choice of scoring that supports both the tone of the trailer and theme of the game. I get it, exclusively using Amon Amarth probably isn't gonna go well (I CAN DREAM), but this shit...fucking ugh.

Looks pretty. Curious to see what it's actually looking like running on the hardware, but they did show some good scenery shots.

This...wasn't a gameplay trailer. At all. This was a flythrough trailer at best, with a few snippets of action. Feels like a complete waste of an asset that could have been actually impactful.

Man I hate that Ubisoft's marketing can be so bad but their games so good. This was a pretty awful first look at the game, and if I didn't come in excited and invested given my love of AC:Od and vikings, this would have done literally nothing to excite me. Hell, it does literally nothing to excite me about the gameplay. It does excite me that we'll have a pretty world to explore though, so there's that.
    Yeah i wouldnt call that a gameplay trailer either i was expecting some open world roaming or a raid or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    We will see when they show some actual open world gameplay hard to tell from that clip but i think it will look very good.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yeah I loved AC games, and will preorder the collector edition as soon as they become available again, but this wasn't a gameplay trailer... I don't know why they called it that, I mean last 2 games as we got closer to release, they did these gameplay sessions that I'm sure they'll do again, which was great and was gameplay. Just call it what it is, a trailer, and people who are excited will enjoy it still, no need to hype it by calling it "gameplay" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    No, because video compression is a thing that degrades the quality of YouTube, and these aren't final specs for consoles. Still looks plenty pretty, and I imagine we'll get better shots down the road when they start showing off actual gameplay.

At best that is pre-rendered in game engine footage. No way would anyone call that a gameplay trailer. Whoever did PR/marketing on this needs to get slapped.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/as...CAD-01-10abi2f

Apparently it'll be a "shorter/smaller" game than previous entries in response to feedback. Makes me a bit sad, but I can totally live with that as well. AC:Od did have quite a lot of travel due to there being a fair amount of empty space in zones, and I don't think I need another 150+ hours out of the next one.

I would understand if it was snippets of gameplay (not snippets of ingame cutscenes) from a DEMO for the trailer. Some people dont know what gameplay actually means at MS or Ubi.

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently it'll be a "shorter/smaller" game than previous entries in response to feedback. Makes me a bit sad, but I can totally live with that as well. AC:Od did have quite a lot of travel due to there being a fair amount of empty space in zones, and I don't think I need another 150+ hours out of the next one.
    Open world Games that are big as AC's don't really need bigger places(Especially AC:O they could of just used the same size map but make it more stuff and more worthwhile stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account

The only unforgettable song was the Lorde one for AC Unity, I liked that one a lot actually. But yeah I really can't recall any of the other songs for their trailers so most are definitely forgettable!

Agree on it not being a gameplay trailer, that was sad. The sights were pretty but it didn't instill any further hype. Thankfully I enjoy the series and the setting includes a lot of what I enjoy (knights/castles/nature-y environments etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Open world Games that are big as AC's don't really need bigger places(Especially AC:O they could of just used the same size map but make it more stuff and more worthwhile stuff.
    This pretty much. The games could be a bit smaller and I'd be fine with that too. More interactivity with the world > bigger world space. Especially as they're already big enough.

I dont get that. People including myself tweeted at the AC tweeter account the amount of time they spent in the game til completing everything. The AC account would like and retweet people's screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You 1000000% are. Or possibly, you're willfully misinterpreting the information given.

Things we know so far about ACV:

BRUTAL combat, which will include beheading and dismemberment.

The new mechanic of the game is "Raids". Which is gathering your crew, sailing to a small village and burning that motherfucker down, so you can steal their stuff to fund you war effort. Implied, but not confirmed, you can also kidnap peope to populate your settlment.

King Alfred signs a declaration of war, stating: "It's time to speak to them, in a language they WILL understand!". Which to ME implies that he's tried and failed at talking to the vikings.

It's also been said, more than once, that Alfred won't be a "Moustache twirling villain" and it's hinted that he won't even be the main antagonist of the game.

What MMO-C sees:
    Eivor stopping one of his men from killing a woman and her kids, while on a raid which includes burning her whole fucking village to the ground.

"OMFG, why are they whitewashing Vikings! This isn't historically accurate!"
    Clearly he wanted some alone time with her before chopping off her head.

There you go.

Btw im not disagreeing, it's all a matter of interpretation

10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much. The games could be a bit smaller and I'd be fine with that too. More interactivity with the world > bigger world space. Especially as they're already big enough.

Should of clarified, incremental world size increases are fine. Expotential at least at this state doesn't seem that important right now IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wish they would do some narrative shifts in some games in favor of playing as a templar instead. For some reason it feels weird to play as a viking assassin.

Feels like a more "in your face" templar way of doing things would fit the theme better in games like odyssey and valhalla.

Probably it's just me but it doesn't feel very satisfying in the last few games to RP as an assassin character

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... that "Gameplay" trailer was rather disappointing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the 'gameplay, but not really though' footage from the Xbox thing today!

/facepalm
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account

I for one am glad. I put something like 38 hours into Odyssey and was something like 32% into the game. I just got tired of all the busy work. A solid 40 hour game with maybe another 10ish hours to do all the side stuff would be perfect for me.