Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I assume Ubi has statistics that show how many people played the game for X hours and then didn't finish it because they got tired/burned out on it.
    Better to spend the time making an amazing 50 hour game that people like from start to finish then a good 150 hour game that 2/3's never complete.

There is the wrong belief that everyone must always be bigger. Sometimes more is less, as shown by all the massive open worlds that are mostly empty or just copy pastes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wish they would do some narrative shifts in some games in favor of playing as a templar instead. For some reason it feels weird to play as a viking assassin.

Feels like a more "in your face" templar way of doing things would fit the theme better in games like odyssey and valhalla.

Probably it's just me but it doesn't feel very satisfying in the last few games to RP as an assassin character
    isn't AC rogue as basically playing as former assassin, turned templar?

edited to add. on length of the game. honestly i kinda HOPE that its shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I for one am glad. I put something like 38 hours into Odyssey and was something like 32% into the game. I just got tired of all the busy work. A solid 40 hour game with maybe another 10ish hours to do all the side stuff would be perfect for me.
    Yeah that's the sweet spot imo. Too long and I lose interest, too short and I don't feel like get money's worth so I wait for a sale. 30-50 hours is perfect for me. I never finish these 100 hour games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah that's the sweet spot imo. Too long and I lose interest, too short and I don't feel like get money's worth so I wait for a sale. 30-50 hours is perfect for me. I never finish these 100 hour games.
    100 hour game isn't really the problem, its the very insignificant collectables or very poor sidequests that will bring you down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Thank goodness for the smaller game. I wasn't even halfway through Odyssey when I started ignored every single side-quest because the main quest and Cultist hunting had more than enough busywork as it was. Less is most definitely more sometimes.

I wonder if microsoft even knew what got sent to them, announcing so happily "world first gameplay reveal" and then the trailer didn't show any gameplay but ingame cutscenes at best.

Ok but how are we supposed to play this game without saying Immortan Joe's line from Mad Max Fury Road over and over

"I will take you to the gates of Valhalla myself"

Every time you hidden blade someone.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    I wonder if microsoft even knew what got sent to them, announcing so happily "world first gameplay reveal" and then the trailer didn't show any gameplay but ingame cutscenes at best.
    ofc they knew, and it won't be the first nor the last game coming this holiday to pull that fast one either. It's pretty typical with new gen launches, especially with cross gen games that are basic up resses on the new hardware and nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Ok but how are we supposed to play this game without saying Immortan Joe's line from Mad Max Fury Road over and over

"I will take you to the gates of Valhalla myself"

Every time you hidden blade someone.
    Seriously, if the don't bring back the "Kill-cam" cutscenes in this game, and have that be the last line Eivor says, I'll be seriously disappointed.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

can you imagine if they add a chrome spray to cash shop for those "WITNESS ME!" moments :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I read a news article on how melting ice on some mountains revealed weapons and accessories from viking ages. It was so cool to see them, and some ruins as well. It made me want to see how they looked like when they were being used still.

And considering how Ubisoft allowed us to see ancient egypt as well for example, I got the thought "Damn, they really should make a vikings game at some point!".

Then some weeks later they announced valhalla! D:
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-05-08 at 03:12 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    100 hour game isn't really the problem, its the very insignificant collectables or very poor sidequests that will bring you down.
    Ubisoft bloat is just bad. Somewhere in Odyssey there is a good 20-30 hour game but instead it's a meh 75-100 hour game with shitty bloat that you have to do just to be proper level to do the main story.

There are good 100 hour games, but Ubisoft sure as hell is not capable of making them. Not with their release schedules and deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wish they would do some narrative shifts in some games in favor of playing as a templar instead. For some reason it feels weird to play as a viking assassin.

Feels like a more "in your face" templar way of doing things would fit the theme better in games like odyssey and valhalla.

Probably it's just me but it doesn't feel very satisfying in the last few games to RP as an assassin character
    Templars and assassins are ideological constructs in assassins creed.

Underlings are usually recruited without nessesarily being part of that ideological construct, but more out of fellowship.

I get what you are coming from but it helps if you think about them like 2 groups with ideological leadership controlling random pawns around who usually have no idea why they are with what faction, or what that factions goal really is.

As for our protagonist in Valhalla it seems like "he thought the assassins blade looked cool" was one of his major motives for joining. Usually our protagonist ends up being a major plot device of some sort but he is usually meant to be the special one anwyay

In this case though England represents Christianity and templars is my guess. Its a tighter fit then usual
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-05-08 at 04:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is weird. Odyssey I never felt like there was much bloat or boring moments. The only really problems I had were ship sailing and the "zone" battles. Both were boring after a few. Origins I completely lost interest. It felt like a chore just to finish the story. So I personally hope this is more like Odyssey and less like Origins. At least for story/quest. Black Flag had the best combat and it was because of cannons. It is just boring with out it and black flag had the right timing for graphics but it also was repetitive.

I also hope any DLC they get ties into the game world better. It was so weird having a zone be treated like an Island when it wasn't. The Atlantis part though was pretty awesome. I really expected Ubisoft to launch a AC mmo with the story through the ages type of thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Still waiting for that gameplay trailer.

Edit: Also what was with the discount nightwish music? oO
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-08 at 03:04 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Templars and assassins are ideological constructs in assassins creed.

Underlings are usually recruited without nessesarily being part of that ideological construct, but more out of fellowship.

I get what you are coming from but it helps if you think about them like 2 groups with ideological leadership controlling random pawns around who usually have no idea why they are with what faction, or what that factions goal really is.

As for our protagonist in Valhalla it seems like "he thought the assassins blade looked cool" was one of his major motives for joining. Usually our protagonist ends up being a major plot device of some sort but he is usually meant to be the special one anwyay

In this case though England represents Christianity and templars is my guess. Its a tighter fit then usual
    Its usually the higher ups that were usually templares, not the average priest dude or what not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I just hope enemies aren't damage sponges like in Odyssey. If I stab or headshot an someone without a helmet/armor, I expect them to die instantly. Not sponging up 10 arrows to the face and still standing....

Assassin's Creed Valhalla creative director admits the 'gameplay' trailer was a letdown
    https://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-cr...was-a-letdown/

Yepp i can see why.

Also

Hello all

You rightfully expected to see more today. We have a long marketing campaign ahead of us, you will see in-depth gameplay and get a lot more info about the game.

Thank you for your excitement and passion! Be patient with us and be kind. It will be worth it!

So we will get some more/real gameplay soon.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-05-08 at 05:35 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    I just hope enemies aren't damage sponges like in Odyssey. If I stab or headshot an someone without a helmet/armor, I expect them to die instantly. Not sponging up 10 arrows to the face and still standing....
    Indeed. Downside to the RPG style was that enemies got WAY too tanky, later on.

Fingers crossed they fix that for Valhalla.

They've said that skill and gear will be more important than levels this time, and with the game apparently being a lot shorter, I'd hope that scaling will be much easier.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed. Downside to the RPG style was that enemies got WAY too tanky, later on.

Fingers crossed they fix that for Valhalla.

They've said that skill and gear will be more important than levels this time, and with the game apparently being a lot shorter, I'd hope that scaling will be much easier.
    Dunno why people want a shorter game, Honestly the length shouldn't be reduced that much and I think thats immaterial to the scaling cause it has a problem that I think Bethesda did with Oblivion, all the enemies went up with you(They sorta fixed this in Skyrim mind you). They should tone down the scaling a little bit so it still feels like you are getting more powerful but not completely break every single enemy you fight.

Warrior-Magi