Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You haven't said anything about my arguments so far besides calling them wrong.
    Dude, this is great, let me get another longdrink.
    What? They are going to delete all the BFA Content? Now that's a new one.
    But an expansion is not just the systems, its the world, quests and dungeons and raids too.
    Of course running the vanilla dungeons is not the same experience as a classic server. But noone did say that. Just like noone said that classic will be absolutely be a time capsule for vanilla. Can be, but you could achieve that with a transfer system too.

And the relevant question is; would more people pay for a progression where classic gets preserved and everyone has to start from 1 again or where characters can be brought over? It's not about semantics for Blizzard, its about economics.

You don't remember saying these things and me telling you why they are dumb? Idk if it's because you are drunk or if this is your baseline but either way man...yikes... may need to get your head checked.

Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Might cause a lot of people to quit if they can't continue on their characters.
    The whole "fresh servers with 58's" concept is stupid on it's face for so many reasons.

It seems pretty clear that the community is split between staying in classic forever and BC. There is not going to be any easy way to make both sides happy, just a fact.

I really like the idea of just cloning all the servers, for example "mankrik-classic" and "mankrik-BC", copy all our characters to both, and let players do what they want. Merge servers as needed down the road.

I really see no issue with doing this, and it gives every single person the option to pick how they want to continue to play.

If their not willing to put in the work to keep a plurality happy, just release BC on all servers. That is the best lazy option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You don't remember saying these things and me telling you why they are dumb? Idk if it's because you are drunk or if this is your baseline but either way man...yikes... may need to get your head checked.
    Yeah, years of arguing with the stupid may have made me stupid too.

So, what were your arguments again? Because you only quoted my answers to them.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

If you think this, then you should be okay with them deleting classic vanilla servers as well once tbc opens up. You want it to be played like it was played back then? Then let it be played like it was back then, with you being forced into tbc.
    Absolutely fine by me as far as current realms go.

I wouldn't oppose a 'new batch' of fresh vanilla realms opening up at the same time for whoever doesn't want to go into TBC.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-05-07 at 09:13 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you did. You didn’t use the word, but you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this isn’t a progression server. This is a server to keep a certain version of the game frozen in time. Back then vanilla was also basically abandoned and forced off by tbc, why changed that now right?
    its a progression server if they make it a progression server, cry more

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    If their not willing to put in the work to keep a plurality happy, just release BC on all servers. That is the best lazy option.
    Honestly, this is probably the best solution all around. Release BC on all servers - But allow people to copy their character to a new Classic Realm before it goes live.

It lets people who want to keep their character in classic forever do that, allows those that want to carry on into BC with the same character to do so, and solves a lot of issues regarding server economies going forwards. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but it's a compromise I think people could get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absolutely fine by me as far as current realms go.

I wouldn't oppose a 'new batch' of fresh vanilla realms opening up at the same time for whoever doesn't want to go into TBC.
    Not what I meant. People who say they want progression into the constantly say “back then we had...” but also fight for them leaving classic vanilla servers up. That’s asking for your cake and eating it too. Back then we also forced every server into tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its a progression server if they make it a progression server, cry more
    Honestly I wouldn’t care personally. I have all the characters I want at 60 with enough for epic flyer. But understand that a progression server also means turning off classic vanilla. Asking for anything else is openly admitting you are fine with going against what happened in order to have more fun for yourself. This is why people complaining about the fresh tbc start need to be quiet unless they are fine with classic vanilla also shutting down

Delusion thy name is Airlick.

No need to continue this dicussion
    Good to know you're out of logical arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Good to know you're out of logical arguments.
    I got plenty of them but when you respond with completely illogical come backs them out discussion is over.

If you quit saying dumb stuff like what you just above then I would be more than happy to discuss the pros and cons of all choices
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-05-07 at 11:42 PM.

58 boosts make the least amount of sense IMO. New starting zones for the BEs and space goats will have zero purpose.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not what I meant. People who say they want progression into the constantly say “back then we had...” but also fight for them leaving classic vanilla servers up. That’s asking for your cake and eating it too. Back then we also forced every server into tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I wouldn’t care personally. I have all the characters I want at 60 with enough for epic flyer. But understand that a progression server also means turning off classic vanilla. Asking for anything else is openly admitting you are fine with going against what happened in order to have more fun for yourself. This is why people complaining about the fresh tbc start need to be quiet unless they are fine with classic vanilla also shutting down
    Yep, if they do TBC im fine with classic shutting down and then wotlk and then ill be done for good.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    58 boosts make the least amount of sense IMO. New starting zones for the BEs and space goats will have zero purpose.
    That's not really a good reason to disqualify the idea, hypothetically.

But it's a bad idea anyway. It cheapens the experience, and also all but guarantee's 70% of the server maining warlocks.

No thanks, I'd like to keep what I earned just like the last time around. Most people who want fresh characters are people who suck at/are too lazy to farm gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

IMO the best, the most drama-free way is to make exact copies of all Classic realms, upgrade said copies to TBC, and keep the originals exactly as they are. Might add a fresh server or two to both Classic and TBC if anyone wants to start from scratch.

No forced updates to current Classic realms, no opt-ins or opt-outs, no gold cap, no item cap, no "one char only" nonsense. Just plain 1:1 copies. Don't punish paying customers or they'll go straight to private servers.

The result is the smallest number of pissed off players.
    Someone wants to play Vanilla? Fantastic. Don't even have to go anywhere. And here's a new, fresh start server if that's what you want.
    Prefer TBC? No problem, your Classic characters are ready to go if you want to continue on them. Or here are these fresh start servers. Have fun.
    Play both Classic and TBC? Oh honey, do we have good news for you.

Yea sure, you'll still end up with some pissed off players. That's life for you. But this is as drama-free as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yep, if they do TBC im fine with classic shutting down and then wotlk and then ill be done for good.
    Then at least you have an argument! Seems you actually are for the natural progression!

I hope they either let us start off at 58 or if they allow us to transfer over our characters I hope they just take care of the gold problem and let us only come in with like 500g~ on one character or something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lisarobert View Post
    IMO the best, the most drama-free way is to make exact copies of all Classic realms, upgrade said copies to TBC, and keep the originals exactly as they are. Might add a fresh server or two to both Classic and TBC if anyone wants to start from scratch.

No forced updates to current Classic realms, no opt-ins or opt-outs, no gold cap, no item cap, no "one char only" nonsense. Just plain 1:1 copies. Don't punish paying customers or they'll go straight to private servers.

Someone wants to play Vanilla? Fantastic. Don't even have to go anywhere. And here's a new, fresh start server if that's what you want.
    Prefer TBC? No problem, your Classic characters are ready to go if you want to continue on them. Or here are these fresh start servers. Have fun.

Yea sure, you'll still end up with some pissed off players. That's life for you. But this is as drama-free as possible.
    As long as you don’t allow them to 1:1 copy over their gold then I would completely fine with this no problem. Gold can have a devastating effect on economy right away with a ton of people walking in with 30+k gold. Some with even more

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    That's not really a good reason to disqualify the idea, hypothetically.

But it's a bad idea anyway. It cheapens the experience, and also all but guarantee's 70% of the server maining warlocks.
    It diminishes the need to experience piece of tBC content, its not a big reason but a good one against starting at 58.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Fresh level 1 TBC servers, keep classic as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why would anyone want to return to Vanilla once TBC hits? I'm already tired of all the content Vanilla Classic has to offer.
    The draw to Vanilla is that it is truly the most RPG version of WoW ever made in a 'wild west' sort of way. All of it faults make it beautiful -if that makes any kind of sense?

The immense joy many of us draw from playing yet another alt while in a guild filled with social friends. Laughter, joy especially when getting help and give help to our fellow friends. 5 man for many guilds is an event in it self!

With every expansion, WoW, moved away from RPG and unintended consequence of that is reduce human-to-human MMO contact. With every expansion as a player I felt like an island.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Has Blizzard stated that is the idea for Classic servers? I can see both sides, but eventually the Classic Vanilla content is done, at that point why still have the servers running?
    I am 100% certain a blue post on the old official forums did BUT I am unable to link to it ..

Thank you for copy-pasting my post. Glad people agreed with me.

no gold cap
    The TBC market will be totally screwed up from the start then.