Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mueh'zala is probally unkillable even if he 'dies' in a dungeon, similar to Helya.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    Apart from a book, and also referenced by Il'gynoth in the Emerald Nightmare raid
    So you're just going to ignore the part I quoted..ah, nice. He said the beginning of WoW he's been a interesting character. He has not. They just started using him in 2016.Therefore, he was scrap of text prior to what you state. Which is what I was referring too, in the part of his OP that i quoted, which you seemingly ignored quoting me........and the rest of what you said, is irrelevant to what you quoted, because you completely missed what I was talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    The tablet in Zul'farrak? It's kind of weird how they decided to include him in a book too
    Mueh'zala is/was an interesting character that's been around since, well the beginning of WoW
    In the beginning of WoW he wasn't an interesting character, he was a scrap of text...they started using him in 2016, a using him in the a very vague sense that hypes him up to be some world ending threat...Traveler is horribly inconsistent with its themes,timelines, and lore so everything from it should be taken with a grain of salt. Because if so...Aram should pop up and have a clash with him which will determine the fate of Azeroth. WHICH, isn't going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't watched Belluar actually. In fact I rarely watch anything on YouTube now since a lot of things were changed.

OT: I guess the broadcast text could be changed before Beta, but I think they're working on different dungeons now
    So you just think Mueh'zala is a big character...why? Because its troll lore, or...you read Traveler which many people didn't because it was shipped as a childrens book. Because without the latter, there is no reason to think he is holds more importance then he actually does
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-05-07 at 10:43 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    So you're just going to ignore the part I quoted..ah, nice. He said the beginning of WoW he's been a interesting character. He has not. They just started using him in 2016.Therefore, he was scrap of text prior to what you state. Which is what I was referring too, in the part of his OP that i quoted, which you seemingly ignored quoting me........and the rest of what you said, is irrelevant to what you quoted, because you completely missed what I was talking about
    I'm actually a woman? My signature is kind of a clue lol

In the beginning of WoW he wasn't an interesting character, he was a scrap of text...they started using him in 2016, a using him in the a very vague sense that hypes him up to be some world ending threat...Traveler is horribly inconsistent with its themes,timelines, and lore so everything from it should be taken with a grain of salt. Because if so...Aram should pop up and have a clash with him which will determine the fate of Azeroth. WHICH, isn't going to happen.
    I find him interesting because he's kind of a 'nobody' who was mentioned once on tablet, in an Old God whisper, and finally an NPC in Shadowlands. They've been building him up to be something, like how Samedi from the RPG is (most likely) Bwonsamdi

So you just think Mueh'zala is a big character...why? Because its troll lore, or...you read Traveler which many people didn't because it was shipped as a childrens book. Because without the latter, there is no reason to think he is holds more importance then he actually does
    It's just kind of neat to me that we have two trollish death gods now. I've never read Traveller but I've looked through Chronicles No. 1 a few times. Reading just kind of isn't my thing. I will watch video from time to time if I really like something though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

It would have been seriously so much cooler if Mueh'zala had turned out to be Murozond

I mean, think about it...why is Mueh'zala worshipped by the Sandfury? Because they're right there in Tanaris, next to the Caverns of Time!

And it explains why they call him "Son of Time".

We know "loa" just means a powerful being to the trolls. The wild god loa are only one kind. They also call elementals loa, etc.

It fits perfectly and is more interesting than it just being some old grandaddy troll who gets ganked.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    It would have been seriously so much cooler if Mueh'zala had turned out to be Murozond

I mean, think about it...why is Mueh'zala worshipped by the Sandfury? Because they're right there in Tanaris, next to the Caverns of Time!

And it explains why they call him "Son of Time".

We know "loa" just means a powerful being to the trolls. The wild god loa are only one kind. They also call elementals loa, etc.

It fits perfectly and is more interesting than it just being some old grandaddy troll who gets ganked.
    There can definitely still be a twist with the Infinite down the line because of the Infinite imagery in Oribos and Murozond's corruption not happening in BFA.

Pretty sure no one gave a shit about Mueh'zala until people were scrambling to find out who was this Death entity Sylvanas kept referencing in BfA (which wasn't even Mueh'zala in the end). "Built-up character".... pfff. He doesn't even have a character nor a personality.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Well, he certainly looks more menacing than he did before. The rig they used for his previous model is showing its age

There have already been several loa that have died in quests either because we killed them or someone else has and not dungeons I don't see why people are upset that a barely existing one (besides 2 pieces of text) that is worshiped by even fewer trolls then the ones that have died already somehow needs to be a super raid boss.

The aforementioned tablet mentioned Mueh'zela as 'The Father of sleep' so it was a clear indicator he was upcoming, built over 2 expansions now, the guy who continued The Third War by naming Sylvanas as the next Warchief, only to be a dungeon boss is very underwhelming.

Latest build brought an update on our underwhelming chap; Spoilers below.

The encounter itself has been updated with the apparent inclusion of Bwomsandi being held imprisoned by Muehzela with the former helping the heroes defeat the latter so he does definitely die.

It also appears Muehzela wanted to capture Vol'jins soul and torture him for eternity, hence the Il'gynoth quote - Vol'jin was the feast, until an unnamed character intervened and sent his soul back to the mortal world which continues the storyline, and it doesn't become clear who's Bwonsamdi's boss is either.
    This attempt at propping Vol'jin up to be some kind of absolutely important character despite him being a total failure of one back when he was still alive has got to be one of the aspects of Shadowlands. Also, the broadcast text about Mueh'zala torturing Vol'jin doesn't mention capture. He just says that if not for that intervention he'd have tortured him for eternity, which makes it sound like if not for the intervention it was a done deal. Which begs the question, where the hell was Vol'jin's worthless soul prior to that intervention? Because on one hand we have Mueh'zala here talking about how this intervention screwed his torture plans, but back in BfA Bwosamdi was supposed to have him and then lost him because of the intervention and how his boss would be unhappy with him over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Well, he certainly looks more menacing than he did before. The rig they used for his previous model is showing its age
    Yeah, I'm glad they're moving away from the more chunky style of the early game. I think the modern WOW art style is in a good spot where it's still cartoony or whatever but less like a cheap toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad they're moving away from the more chunky style of the early game. I think the modern WOW art style is in a good spot where it's still cartoony or whatever but less like a cheap toy.
    Agreed, but I think Blizzard may have to move to another gaming engine because of how dated some things still look.

I sort of expected Mueh'zala to look like a warped, shadowy troll (or even a twisted reflection of Bwonsamdi), but I think the 'old grizzled giant troll' look kind of fits him

Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    I hate to say it but I think Mueh’zala is another example of fans taking something small (references in Vanilla, children’s book) and making into some epic fan theory thing that will surely lead to disappointment.
    Also In legion the there was a creature described alot like Mueh'zala that odyn made a deal with in order to see into the shadowlands (his eye) and that creature filled odyn a keeper with fear. A weak character should not be able to make one of the two strongest titan keepers be so fearful of itself.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Also In legion the there was a creature described alot like Mueh'zala that odyn made a deal with in order to see into the shadowlands (his eye) and that creature filled odyn a keeper with fear. A weak character should not be able to make one of the two strongest titan keepers be so fearful of itself.
    If he's also able to hold Bwonsamdi captive, as seen in the datamined abilities for him in De Other Side, and prevent him from using his mojo to escape/at all even he's defiantly not a pushover

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    So question. Is Mueh'zala in cahoots with the Jailer and Sylvannas? Do they all want the same thing?

Most likely. It just sucks Mueh'zala is being more-or-less written just as a flunky of the Jailer. Such potential. Much sadness.

If he's also able to hold Bwonsamdi captive, as seen in the datamined abilities for him in De Other Side, and prevent him from using his mojo to escape/at all even he's defiantly not a pushover
    I mean, loa really aren't that impressive. Yazma oneshot that spider loa and Rezan got corrupted in 5 seconds. So it's whatever. Basic dungeon boss stuff.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Most likely. It just sucks Mueh'zala is being more-or-less written just as a flunky of the Jailer. Such potential. Much sadness.
    He's also the one who whispered to Vol'jin to make Sylvanas warchief.

He could've been the leader of an 'evil' Loa Pantheon too, but nope

With the broadcast text for the pre and post encounters for De Other Side its now clear why each boss is there and their fates.

Surprisingly, absolutely no one dies.

All the bosses involved made a deal with Bwonsamdi for more power just like Rastakhan did and Bwonsamdi simply wants it back for the final encounter and there's 3 sub-zones inside the instance where the deal was taken place.
    Hakkar - Zul'Gurub temple - Defeated but not killed
    Manastorms - Mechagon - Forfeits when defeated
    Dealer - Ardenweald - Forfeits when defeated

Mueh'zela does not die either. Becomes enslaved by Bwonsamdi
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2020-06-20 at 08:24 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    With the broadcast text for the pre and post encounters for De Other Side its now clear why each boss is there and their fates.

Surprisingly, absolutely no one dies.

All the bosses involved made a deal with Bwonsamdi for more power just like Rastakhan did and Bwonsamdi simply wants it back for the final encounter and there's 3 sub-zones inside the instance where the deal was taken place.
    Hakkar - Zul'Gurub temple - Defeated but not killed
    Manastorms - Mechagon - Forfeits when defeated
    Dealer - Ardenweald - Forfeits when defeated

Mueh'zela does not die either. Becomes enslaved by Bwonsamdi
    Yeah I saw a thing on Wowhead. Looks like they changed it?

Looks like my headcanon was right about Mueh'zala being Bwonsamdi's boss. I'm just really glad it wasn't the Winter Queen tbh

They should change it a bit more. Some of the dialogue sounds really weird, but at least Mueh'zala has an accent now lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-06-20 at 09:18 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'd like to add that De Other Side is almost the complete opposite of what I expected it to be