Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mwoh. I give it a somewhat solid 7 out of 10.

What I *did* like was the callbacks to Deathwing in the final fight and the Carpace leading up to it. Feels like Cataclysm got some closure with N'zoths "defeat", moreso then when we exploded Deathwing himself.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Ny'alotha is probably the worst end of expansion raid they have ever put out. That horrible mc mechanic on Il'gynoth ruins it and the rest of the raid with it. I have lost all motivation to even run Ny'alotha anymore thanks to this frustrating pos.
    Git gud.

10c.

Short answer: No

Long answer: No I don't.

Sure I like some of the bosses in Ny'alotha but my main problem is N'zoth. In my mind I don't see him as "the main villain of the expansion". The story surrounding Ny'alotha was way too short and I don't feel attached to the boss fight. When I'm fighting N'zoth I just feel like I'm fighting a bunch of tentacles. Nothing more. It's no where near the same feeling as you got from Fighting against The Lich King, Ragnaros, Gul'dan, Kil'Jaeden etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    That horrible mc mechanic on Il'gynoth ruins it
    What is so horrible about it?

You spread out - See who gets MC'd - and then get them out. It's an extremely basic mechanic in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    What is so horrible about it?
    You need to do mechanics or else no lewtz and you can't just have those couple players carry you as all previous bosses anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You need to do mechanics or else no lewtz and you can't just have those couple players carry you as all previous bosses anymore...
    You feel better with yourself when you act as a bully on a gaming forum ?
    Last edited by Arna; 2020-05-09 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arna View Post
    You feel better with yourself when you act as a bully on a gaming forum ?
    Burner account just for me? I'm flattered.

The visuals of the raid were some of the best, it's a shame Nyalotha was wasted in this fashion.

The problem is not so much the raid as the systems built up around the raid, that one had to do and keep doing. It all became one big tiresome and unattractive mess.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The problem is not so much the raid as the systems built up around the raid, that one had to do and keep doing. It all became one big tiresome and unattractive mess.
    The bosses aren't very good either (especially the last ones), and there's too much trash(as usual).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I think bosses are fine, don't have any issue with a lot of trash - in the end it's the city of enemies, it's supposed to be full of enemies..
    You cannot run into enemy's base and expect it to be empty.

What grinds my gears is the lack of epic moments and excitement I used to feel when playing WoW.
    Haven't feel any of it for a very long time already which basically lead me to quit playing the game (alongside with other factors). I miss that chills I've got when we encountered Yogg Saron, Arthas, Deathwing.. even Jaina was damn cool. And no, it's not about who they were - N'Zoth have been (too) teased for a very long time and I was really looking forward to that boss.. but it felt so.. underwhelming? Boring? Meh.. It just doesn't feel very compact, N'Zoth is just sitting there in the middle and we wander there, mindlessly killing anything crossing our way.
    It just seems to me that they now focus on producing bosses while omitting the atmosphere and in-raid story.
    However it might be caused just by growing up
    Is it just me or anyone else has the same numb or even disappointing feeling of the latest expansions and raids especially?
    Last edited by Spiren; 2020-07-14 at 08:48 AM.

The aesthetic felt similar to G'huun, and at that point I didn't really give a shit anymore

No. It's no good and the skip is bullshit

3+ Year Old Account
    It's ok, but nothing spectacular, neither the boss fights nor the vibes.

If nyalotha has made me realize one thing it's that when blizzard take away so many slots from us it actually sucks.

not a fan of the big lava field or the two pyramids with 2 bosses each in them.

The envoriment where skitra and maut is is spot on thou. That place is gigantic and feels awesome. We shouldve stayed in there and just worked our way ever downward imo.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Just looking at it as a raid, it's medium. Some okay fights, some disappointing fights, nothing to write home about.

As a lore moment it's a MASSIVE disappointment, few things were as hyped up as the Old Gods and one actually being set free should have been mayhem - instead it ended up being a takeover of 1/3rd of some irrelevant zones in the middle of nowhere and a quick and unspectacular death in the raid. It's not even a particularly good boss fight.

This is not quite Dragon Soul levels of bad, but it's up there with being one of the weakest final raids ever made.

Ny'Alotha... Aesthetically, the raid is cool. It's grand, has cool assets, cool areas.... For about half the raid. The aesthetics just becomes a sensory mess of nothingness. Seeing the ginormus tentacles in the background the first time was an actual "Holy shit" moment for me, but as the rest of the raid, it just ended up... Bland. Other raids do have this issue, do not get me wrong, but I'd like to see more variaty in the most "important" raid of the expansion; the finale.

Some bosses were fun, some felt like they were made just to test new features and systems, which they kind of were, such as Skitra and his phased / visual mechanic and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh - Who, I might add, is probably one of the most boring bosses in WoW's history, if you're not kicking the ball - And let's not forget N'zoth himself, major disappointment of a fight, the small adds on mythic are the worst, the fight is long, slow and boring, and just like the rest of the expansion, it's an external power that saves the day. Considering we're the "Heroes of Azeroth" and shit, it's kinda sad to know we haven't actually been the ones to finish the job 2 expansions in a row.

Then we have the systems built up alongside Ny'alotha. Corruption is a neat idea, and could be fun, if they didn't butcher it as hard as they did. Class / character power doesn't matter, one bit, it's all corruptions at the moment. Visions, while probably not technically the worst, is probably my most hated feature / content ever.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think Ny'alotha had the juice to last a whole expansion. What I would’ve done is this:

8.3 - kept the same core concept however instead of Ny’alotha as the raid I would’ve added two 6 boss raids; 1 in Pandaria and 1 in Uldum. The raid in Pandaria would’ve had you fighting your way to the Engine to secure it from N’Zoth’s forces and the Uldum raid would’ve had you doing the same thing with the Forge. Each raid would be unique in that you can do different enemies: so like for the Pandaria raid you could choose to fight against the Mogu or the Mantid for 4 bosses and then the final 2 would’ve been N’Zoth bosses. Same for Uldum raid but switch out Mogu and Mantid for Aqir and Amathet.

8.4 - now that the engine and forge are secure we enter Ny’alotha where we do dailies to weaken N’Zoth (similar time how we unlocked the ToT raid on Isle of Thunder) and then enter the raid where we destroy him as we did in 8.3

Ny'alotha looked small tbh. The art team did good with the illusion of making it seem big, sure...

But I expected more. Much more. But, I guess from what we did get, it looked fine.

Sucks the bosses are piss easy or piss stupid.

I hope Blizzard uses the Shadowlands to distance themselves from fel and void aesthetics. It feels like we got nothing but those the last few expansions (in the final raid tier at least). Raids like Throne of Thunder or Blackrock Foundry are so much cooler, imo, than Hellfire Citadel or Ny'alotha.