Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    People: Ww want Classic+
    Also people:We want it for free, were not paying for old stuff

Saw it with Classic, craving for Classic, they got it, then they wanted it for free cause its "old", Classic+ is a waste of time and NEVER gonna happen for at least 7-10 years.
    I would pay for a classic +.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

fuck classic+

TBC made most things better and classic+ wouldnt even make half of the changes needed

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Dungeons
    - All dungeons (including non-60 ones) now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - Substantially increased HP and damage in Heroic Dungeons
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids
    - All raids now have a level 60 (Heroic) option
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    ?

No thanks, horrible suggestions.

Dungeons
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Dungeons: armor/weapon recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Raids
    - HP and damage of all raid mobs increased by up to 100% (earlier raids buffed more than later raids)
    - New cosmetic rewards for Heroic Raids: tier recolours, pets, mounts, tabards, titles, bigger backpacks, etc.

Class balance updates
    - Underperforming specs are given a damage/healing/tanking aura buff that works in Heroic Dungeons and Heroic Raids only.

Would you be on board with a Phase 7 like this? It'd mostly be numbers tuning and adding in rewards that are already on file. It'd also keep the integrity of the rest of the game in tact as any changes are within their own bubble.
    so you want us to continue grinding the same content we have had for over a year with no upgrades available, and you want to call it 'new content'.
    hard pass and see yourself out please. you are beyond the severe minority on this subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Mythic+ is this exact thing, only stretched out for the whole expansion, and people somehow love it, so, you know. There's some weird merit to that.

Seriously? I thought the one sort of "definite" truth about BC was that Outland kicked ass. The zones felt quite unique, mushroomy forests of Zangarmarsh, Nagrand being a mix of regular, relaxing plains and broken cosmic rocks, and whatever the fuck Netherstorm was. Don't think any other expansion was this creative with zones.
    mythic plus gives you consistent power upgrades at least. OP wants us doing mythic plus for nothing but cosmetics.

who the hell runs end game content for cosmetics outside of BiS players? this would see well over 90% of the players jump ship. this is a progressive gear hunting, min max game whether people like it or not.

If they would do Classic+ (servers), which they won’t, I’d rather see them adding (originally scrapped) content, than just adding another difficulty.

It's WAY more time and effort to make new content than to just re-make old content (TBC), with a similar financial result.

It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    mythic plus gives you consistent power upgrades at least. OP wants us doing mythic plus for nothing but cosmetics.
    Yeah, I agree that's just not a good idea. They tried it with Challenge Modes, and while fun, the #1 criticism leveraged against them at the time was the reward structure. That's why they made M+, where you can have a challenge, but get rewarded, too.

Considering all the strong indications from Blizzard themselves that TBC is very likely, and complete lack of anything classic+ related, i honestly dont understand the continued conversation around Classic+.

We all remember the countless people claiming they wanted Vanills with #NoChanges, and would play it as is for years and years, i find it (not) surprising to see the conversation shift to wanting massive game changes and a complete overhaul less than 12 months in.

there was no scrapped content though, during classic we had karazhan and atiesh, for a while ppl assumed there would be an emerald dream expansion because of the dragons and the portals behind them. but ultimately we got karazhan as a level 70, 10 man. could that instance be repurposed for 40 ppl no, why because its a shoebox instance none of the fights or rooms would feel right for 40 ppl it would be cramped as hell. so that would need redesigning from scratch. it seems at one point there was plans to do something else with karazhan as right at the top of it, is an unused flight path and an instance entrance that apparently goes no where. it seems as though kara was potentially going to be its own hub of sorts but whatever they planned didn't happen. and what we got was what we got in tbc.

the emerald dream as an expansion was one idea for a good portion of classic, I had read that its a version of azeroth that is before the sundering. before anything mortal was there. it seems like a cool idea but recreating the whole of azeroth and filling it with content. i can see why that never happened. thats a lot of land mass and a lot of potential content to fill it. but I guess it would be an untouched world no structures or anything a limited subset of interactable npcs, dragons maybe, sleeping druids, wildlife. ultimately though we did get that story in legion with the emerald nightmare. that tied up that malfurion stuff.

it seems that tbc was always the goal and that makes classic+ = tbc, I don't think they ever intended to keep adding raids and tiers of gear to level 60 and fully intended on raising the level cap and adding new abilities and talents in an expansion, not a patch. this is the sort of content update that requires a whole expansion. they must have known this likely before they released the whole game. TBC was likely being made extremely early, probably before ppl even got to 60.

the only other option then would be to recreate some form of cataclysm, in classic, add in grim batol, blackwing decent and the zones that were added in cata, scale it all down to level 60. recreate every boss fight to be manageable with the toolkits at level 60. likely oversimplifying a lot of them and making a large portion of the content just more tank and spank. that would be a lot of effort, trying to balance what should and should not change. but it would maintain that focus purely on the game world that exists in classic and only updating that. to me the idea of classic plus would be that, cataclysm. at least the world update. the dungeons and raids that were added to the game and the zones and quest updates would be what I would think of as classic +. that or tbc, in terms of, new abilties, new talents etc. if i had to choose between a rebalanced level 60 cataclysm and just moving into tbc I'd probably still pick tbc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-05-08 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Not developing classic into a different time era would be a loss for Warcraft.

Dungeons

Raids

Class balance updates

how about NO!, just add the things the removed from classic do to tbc comming out like the aszhara battle ground or maybe the dragon isle, that is something for classic + that and maybe some minor tweaks and fixes, other then that leave it the FUCK alone

3+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that nonsense called Classic+ is that the concept of Classic+ is different in everyone's head: no one will be happy.

Those Classic+ fanboys are really resilient, they know their thing is never going to be done yet they keep posting these ideas on Reddit, MMOChampion and other forums.

No more classic wow expansions please. Just add to the current classic aka +

Idk what the fuss is all about. We are getting classic +.... classic + tbc

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Mythic+ is this exact thing, only stretched out for the whole expansion, and people somehow love it, so, you know. There's some weird merit to that.

Seriously? I thought the one sort of "definite" truth about BC was that Outland kicked ass. The zones felt quite unique, mushroomy forests of Zangarmarsh, Nagrand being a mix of regular, relaxing plains and broken cosmic rocks, and whatever the fuck Netherstorm was. Don't think any other expansion was this creative with zones.
    thats such a dishonest thing to say,m+ isnt just ''more hp'',it has affixes,different mecanics for bosses,heck most mecanics are basicaly new for bosses as in nomral and hc you either dont see them or can ignore them

Those all sound like horrible options, adding extra difficulty levels on content is what destroyed this game. The only classic+ content I would be interested in would be NEW content raids/dungeons tuned at a naxx or harder level not seen on any other version of wow like a grim batol raid. No class changes, no tiered difficulty levels. All specs are currently playable on retail if that's what you seek along with mythic mode everything.

Dungeons

Raids

Class balance updates

No. I wanted Classic because it didn't have cruft like this - no "Heroic" or "Mythic" or other BS settings for raids, no mountains of pets and mounts, no quality of life changes like bigger backpacks. No flying, no transmog.

If Blizzard can keep the vanilla ethos and introduce new raid content for Classic - say Kara or whatever tuned for 60 - I'd be interested. I'm not going to be interested in seeing the BfA mentality destroy Classic, and I can't think of a faster way for Blizzard to revive vanilla pservers.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it has affixes
    Can't argue with that. For me, the affixes are a rather bland addition, just additional annoyances that could be added to any dungeon to make it more "difficult". Aside of a few notable examples (Awakened) they change nothing in the dungeons design. Therefore whatever, most of them in the BFA incarnation could be added to the OPs idea of Classic+ without any issue whatsoever.

different mecanics for bosses
    Any example? As far as I'm aware in BFA there are no mechanical changes in dungeon bosses on various Mythic+ levels. I'm pretty sure they use the same mechanics and abilities on any level of M+ that they would on Heroic, only numbers change. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

most mecanics are basicaly new for bosses as in nomral and hc you either dont see them or can ignore them
    Which is the exact thing that would happen if any other dungeon boss would have his damage buffed by 250%, nothing new there. I'd imagine Library in Classic with Doans Arcane Explosion doing 4 times the damage would radically change the way this fight is approached.

No. Classic+ as an idea is interesting but your concept of it is awful. TBC is in itself already Classic +. Its a better, more well rounded version of Vanilla. The only downside you could argue is that we leave the old world behind which is unfortunate but from a gameplay perspective it is far superior. I wouldn't start thinking about a Classic + until after TBC. Wotlk was in my opinion the best expansion, however the groundworks of the demise of WoW were laid during Wotlk. You could make a very good argument to not do Wotlk and instead continue on from TBC instead. Or perhaps an actually reworked Wotlk rather than a more museum approach.

However the issue with any continuation of the classic franchise outside of re-releases is that it is current Blizzard making the continuation. And if they had the knowledge and expertise to make a successful new classic experience we wouldn't be having any Classic to begin with as retail would actually be a playable experience. And as such, we run out of any option to do any new kind of Classic. I'm afraid it'll have to be TBC then Wotlk and then nothing. Maybe another company will produce a classic inspired new MMO around that time we could switch to instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    It definitely wasn't the same ever since. It became more mainstream. Less hardcore than Vanilla. I think that's when the dumbing down of the whole gaming industry started to accelerate.
    Of all things I'd use to describe TBC vs Vanilla "less hardcore" wouldn't come up in my mind. If anything hardcore went up to the max.

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine the retail WoW team actually working on content for Classic WoW. They'd get an aneurysm from the way the game is designed. The first thing they'd do in Classic+ is put their "bring the player not the class" mentality into the game and aim to hyperbalance every spec. That alone will probably ruin the game by itself. But they are not done yet. Next steps are adding cross-realm LFG and LFR options because "its hard to find pugs on lower populated realms and not everyone has the time to engage in social engagements with a guild" or something like that. Then they'll add herioc and mythic versions of existing raids because just lol at thinking they will actually make brand new content. Then they'll probably have some great ideas too on how to "improve" loot distribution and before you know it we're playing a lvl 60 version of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    If by wrong direction you mean better direction then yes.
    opinion my dude.

new spells, tier sets by specs rather than one by class (itemisation as a whole) were steps in the good direction.

but leaving azeroth for a tiny continent of about half the size of kalimdor, turning all previous content obselete overnight rather than building on the old world was a big dissapointement for me, and IMO, a huge waste.... and they kept doing it with every xpac (except cata, which was also a big waste of ressources in revamping the old world that was only used for lvling at that point, out lvling any zone before the end of questlines/storylines....).

so yes, even if BC gave us nice improvements on some parts of the game, for me it was a huge step in the wrong direction.