Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So its safe to say the demon hunter will be Op in shadowlands aswell?

Looking at the people playing the alfa (wich will barely change btw dont even quote me on that) every class plays badly, and by badly i mean just like in Bfa when you hit 120 and went to do outdoor stuff OUTSIDE OF DEMON HUNTERS OF COURSE. So my question is, is demon hunter the safest bet to roll? I always mained warrior but im not a tank, playing arms sounds like washing dishes and its not appealing to me to press overpower or slam on cooldown and fury isint that great either. So what am i supposed to do right here my dude bros?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zqyauain View Post
    Looking at the people playing the alfa (wich will barely change btw dont even quote me on that) every class plays badly, and by badly i mean just like in Bfa
    Would love to see what alpha testers are saying this. Care to say who specifically? Because I can say that all of that information I've been seeing for a couple of specs, Havoc included, that those specs are playing extremely well.

It's not good to poorly generalize things like you have.

So my question is, is demon hunter the safest bet to roll? I always mained warrior but im not a tank, playing arms sounds like washing dishes and its not appealing to me to press overpower or slam on cooldown and fury isint that great either. So what am i supposed to do right here my dude bros?

How about watch alpha game play and decide for yourself my dude bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Death knight was my First 90,100,110 and 120. It is going to be my First level 60 as well.

Just play whichever class makes you happy man.

I'm not going to hit you with 'its only alpha' but numbers-wise there is no way to know what's looking strong yet.

That said, If every class is basically just bfa again, wouldn't you just play what you're playing now though?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm not going to hit you with 'its only alpha' but numbers-wise there is no way to know what's looking strong yet.

That said, If every class is basically just bfa again, wouldn't you just play what you're playing now though?
    i would not play at all if that was the case

i would not play at all if that was the case
    So are you not playing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Would love to see what alpha testers are saying this. Care to say who specifically? Because I can say that all of that information I've been seeing for a couple of specs, Havoc included, that those specs are playing extremely well.
    Badly or well is a matter of opinion. It is however pretty obvious almost ever spec plays pretty much exactly the same as they are on live, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how well the spec works in bfa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Badly or well is a matter of opinion. It is however pretty obvious almost ever spec plays pretty much exactly the same as they are on live, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how well the spec works in bfa.

He is saying every alpha tester is saying every class is bad. I'm asking him what people are saying this and then stating my opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    He is saying every alpha tester is saying every class is bad. I'm asking him what people are saying this and then stating my opinion as well.
    I've seen a lot of contradictory opinions on that so far, imo. i can agree with preaches break down the most yet while i can't agree with belular and some smaller youtubers so far.

The problem i see in a lot of specs is that with the removal of the patchworks and fixes they got with bfa (traits/essences) you can see the bad bare bones of that spec, returning some old abilities won't really save that, some "unpruning" doesn't even make sense anymore (example hunters mark).

Some specs even get reworked to worse iterations, what the fuck are the mage specs on alpha right now?

Sadly Ion already said in an interview (that one with the french girl and her hot accent i think) that there won't be major spec reworks, i'd say that some specs just really need it though.

Edit: it was the interview with sloot:
    There are no plans for another large drop of additional class changes. They wanted to drop large changes and revamps early so there is plenty of time to get feedback and change things.

So basically, if you don't like how your spec plays on alpha now,play something else, there will be no bigger changes.
    Rip again, feral and shadow.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-05-08 at 12:13 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the people playing the alfa (wich will barely change btw dont even quote me on that) every class plays badly, and by badly i mean just like in Bfa when you hit 120 and went to do outdoor stuff OUTSIDE OF DEMON HUNTERS OF COURSE. So my question is, is demon hunter the safest bet to roll? I always mained warrior but im not a tank, playing arms sounds like washing dishes and its not appealing to me to press overpower or slam on cooldown and fury isint that great either. So what am i supposed to do right here my dude bros?
    I don't have an alpha key, so I follow the news on YT for the time being. For example, according to Bellular, DHs and Warlocks (all specs) are really strong atm, Mages are just so-so and Shadow is terrible. And other streamers, e.g. Preach, seem to more or less agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

DHs did seriously well on torgast, one streamer did get a BFA warrior copy to alpha and did really good in fury spec in torgast. but, the torgast was not set up yet for warrior testing, he cheesed the system and got in. blizzard weeks back stopped character copy 1-2 weeks ago, and stopped warriors from doing torgast

10+ Year Old Account
    So are you not playing at all?

That is dowright wrong. But sure.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    That is dowright wrong. But sure.
    Other then enhancement (and maybe arguably aff) what specs are playing differently from live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other then enhancement (and maybe arguably aff) what specs are playing differently from live?
    Fury, Arms, elemental, Vengeance, Protection, retribution, Shadow, ice, arcane, Holy paladin, balance. Just from the top of my head.

The differences might not be that big, but they DO play differently. Some for the better(enhacement) some for the worst (shadow) but a lot of they play differently. The clases that play the same are basically DK, rogue and monk from what I remember.

There will not be any great reworks, we already knew that. But the small change in WW for example is already enough to draw me back in the spec. So I think we should count these small changes, mainly when there is abilities from the other covenants that can change how a class play.

Fury, Arms, elemental, Vengeance, Protection, retribution, Shadow, ice, arcane, Holy paladin, balance. Just from the top of my head.

The differences might not be that big, but they DO play differently. Some for the better(enhacement) some for the worst (shadow) but a lot of they play differently. The clases that play the same are basically DK, rogue and monk from what I remember.
    Arms has had two talents slightly tweaked (and even then only one that requires you to do anything differently), it plays exactly the same (i.e you press the same buttons at the same times).
    If that's the level of technical semantics we're stooping to in order to define "different" this isn't going to be productive.

There will not be any great reworks, we already knew that. But the small change in WW for example is already enough to draw me back in the spec. So I think we should count these small changes, mainly when there is abilities from the other covenants that can change how a class play.
    See this is the issue we're going to have, baselining one spell for me is not 'different' especially when the spell is set and forget. Especially when something like WDP should be baselined because it makes the rotation complete.

That, do not hesitate, the DH is a key piece for blizzard, and I would not miss anything that in the future, bring more hero classes to wow, including the dark rangers or also the wardens, since they would give a good pull of subscriptions. I think they will, and, if they have not done so yet, it is because the pull of the DH must be very strong, as to spoil it, surely that is why there was no hero class, because the DH, continues to rise fulfilling its committed, attracting customers. surely when it goes down, then new hero classes will come, of course blizzard is a company, just think about the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms has had two talents slightly tweaked (and even then only one that requires you to do anything differently), it plays exactly the same (i.e you press the same buttons at the same times).
    If that's the level of technical semantics we're stooping to in order to define "different" this isn't going to be productive.

See this is the issue we're going to have, baselining one spell for me is not 'different' especially when the spell is set and forget. Especially when something like WDP should be baselined because it makes the rotation complete.
    And yet, The overall reviews, currently says that it plays diferently and is more satysfying. Not saying they are huge changes, but they are changes nonetheless.

Oh yeah, i also believe WDP should be baseline, no arguments here. Picking it feels bad because the rotation with it is jut soooo much better. But Xuen being baseline is awesome, and while small, is definitely pulling me back in. That being sad, monk got verty little to no changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Demon Hunters will be liek "Ur NOT repaired! *whoosh*, *zip zip*, *pewpewpewpew*, *boooom ROARRR, I MAD*, *swish, swish, swish*, *pewpewpew*...

That's op as fuck, man. wtf.

Are DHs really that op? AoE wise a DK or Fire Mage will wipe the floor with him and ST a Balance druid i miles better.

PvP. Yes. They have an annoying toolkit ontop of being freakishly easy to play. And with "the Hunt" they will be quite difficult to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I've seen a lot of contradictory opinions on that so far, imo. i can agree with preaches break down the most yet while i can't agree with belular and some smaller youtubers so far.

The problem i see in a lot of specs is that with the removal of the patchworks and fixes they got with bfa (traits/essences) you can see the bad bare bones of that spec, returning some old abilities won't really save that, some "unpruning" doesn't even make sense anymore (example hunters mark).

Some specs even get reworked to worse iterations, what the fuck are the mage specs on alpha right now?

Sadly Ion already said in an interview (that one with the french girl and her hot accent i think) that there won't be major spec reworks, i'd say that some specs just really need it though.

Edit: it was the interview with sloot:
    There are no plans for another large drop of additional class changes. They wanted to drop large changes and revamps early so there is plenty of time to get feedback and change things.

So basically, if you don't like how your spec plays on alpha now,play something else, there will be no bigger changes.
    Rip again, feral and shadow.
    I fucking cant understand Ion. Why say this and put it to test if you dont have any intention to change things based on feedback? Ferals, holy priest, shadow priest, havoc (they need some love cmon) holy pala and other specs.... we need change on this, big changes and the feedback is already crystal clear on those. So, what do we do now?

Only thing I've heard was that DH's mechanics allow for skips and bypasses in Torghast, but thats based on early Alpha..