3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I know if someone says something is never going to happen it does bring out a ton of detractors who will attempt to argue why you are wrong and why whatever is being discussed is possible. It's not something that should be said lightly.

Void Elf Paladins however are one of the cases where saying it's never going to happen should be considered the default assumption. Paladins draw upon the light for their power, Void Elves have a void based physiology. These diametrically opposed powers cannot coexist. It was the initial contact between void and light that led to the warcraft equivalent of the big bang. The void elf Alleria and the light forged Turalyon cannot physically touch each other without agony.

A void elf who attempted to draw upon the light would merely become a crater and craters aren't playable at the moment.
    Easy. Just make their skills draw upon the void and make their skills void-ish, just as how the Sunwalkers use the sun and the Prelates use whatever shit they diddle with Rezan idk I don't play Zandalari
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Easy. Just make their skills draw upon the void and make their skills void-ish, just as how the Sunwalkers use the sun and the Prelates use whatever shit they diddle with Rezan idk I don't play Zandalari
    That isn't Paladin lore though. Paladins draw on the light, their faith in something is the vector through which they use light based powers. So faith in the sun/rezan is just the way those Paladins reach for the power of the light.

A void based class would be an entirely different proposition to a Paladin.

3+ Year Old Account
    That isn't Paladin lore though. Paladins draw on the light, their faith in something is the vector through which they use light based powers. So faith in the sun/rezan is just the way those Paladins reach for the power of the light.

A void based class would be an entirely different proposition to a Paladin.
    Easy. Just make it so that the "Light" they are drawing in as Paladins are Void so no need for a new class.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I think what they are suggesting is, lorewise it's something radically different than paladins but gameplay-wise it's functionally the same as Paladin's. Which theoretically could work, I mean we have Gnome and Goblin death knights, ffs.

It would also mean different aesthetics, which I could get behind if each race has their own spell aesthetics for Paladin. Light totems for Judgement for Taurens, etc., but likely won't happen because Blizzard is allergic to effort.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I think what they are suggesting is, lorewise it's something radically different than paladins but gameplay-wise it's functionally the same as Paladin's. Which theoretically could work, I mean we have Gnome and Goblin death knights, ffs.

It would also mean different aesthetics, which I could get behind if each race has their own spell aesthetics for Paladin. Light totems for Judgement for Taurens, etc., but likely won't happen because Blizzard is allergic to effort.
    I disagree that this is Blizzard being 'allergic' to effort. They've done small race specific spins on classes before, such as shaman totems or Paladin mounts. This proposal has a far more fundamental problem though, one that ensures when I say 'it will never happen' that I am treading on safe ground. And that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Easy. Just make it so that the "Light" they are drawing in as Paladins are Void so no need for a new class.
    ...that you can't swap the light out for the void and expect the same results. They are not only fundamentally different forces, they are fundamentally opposed. The light works through the faith of the wielder, which allows them to draw upon that light to work Paladin effects. The light offers certainty, the knowledge that you are following the one truth path and it is the faith that you are on this path that conveys Paladin powers.

Conversely, the void is all about multiple possibilites and they believe the idea of a true path is a contradiction. You can serve the void, follow the void, channel the void, but what you can't do is have faith in the void and it cannot be channelled as the light is channelled by the devout. A Void Elf Paladin is a contradiction. Lore matters.

There seems to be an increasing prevalence of 'solutions' that involve turning races and classes into what they are not. From changing Paladins into void based melee fighters to changing void elves into high elves to more recently the idea of changing Night Elves into arcane using city dwelling elves (aka Nightborne). It's not a positive trend. Perhaps the solution is less trying to turn something into what they are not, perhaps the solution is to play something that actually exists that better fits those fantasies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Yeah, Goblin shamans make deals with elementals to use their power.

But your 2nd part is true in what I think Ardenaso means too. Just we're unlikely to see it.

How awesome would this be though

With using void flourishes.

Riftblade Kelain is essentially a Void Elf Paladin. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Riftblade_Kelain

Fyi Blizzard STILL hasn't released those Ren'dorei heritage weapons that were datamined 3 years ago. How hard can it be to put two weapons into the game....

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Fyi Blizzard STILL hasn't released those Ren'dorei heritage weapons that were datamined 3 years ago. How hard can it be to put two weapons into the game....

Spellbreaker Weaponry and Shields still need to be added first. It's been too long.

In regards to those images maybe they were unused assets for a future warfront regarding Quel'thalas?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    That’s what Twitter dev statements are.

Why do you think @Obelisk Kai keeps using Ghostcrawler’s tweets to say Pandarens failed and they’ll never do neutral races again.

Or @Broflake liked to use Moorgard’s statement on potentially using Lanesh as evidence for blue eyed blood elves not being a mistake (which btw Moorgard never comments on the blue eyes of Lanesh, just to not talk about his background as he could serve a purpose later).

Twitter statements are official statements.

You’re being intentionally obtuse now it’s pretty obvious, because there’s now proof that even back in 2013 blue eyed blood elves were said to be a bug that should’ve been fixed.

And Ion has reinforced in 2020 that blue eyes on blood elves is confirmed not happening because that doesn’t make sense for them.

If you’re trying to say Twitter dev statements aren’t official then that means Ghostcrawler’s tweets on Pandaren aren’t official and the team at Blizzard has no issue adding neutral races again. And that means Obelisk or Broflake or anyone else has to stop using Twitter statements as official dev statements.

That makes no sense at all when they’ve always been considered official statements from Blizzard.
    I am wondering why you tagged me.
    As for Moorgard, it was in direct reference to him being a blue eyed blood elf. Let us not ignore the context because you wish to play a double standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Bugs except for one. Those are blue-eyed blood elves with blood elf voices not high elf ones = bug.

There are no blue-eyed thalassians in the Horde. Confirmed by Ion.
    You cannot claim something is a bug when they have repeatedly been reported as a bug, and when given the opportunity to change them accordingly, Blizzard opted to just update them while keeping them blue eyed.
    Let alone that voices has nothing to do with it. Of course they would keep blood elf voices accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Yoy say it as if choosing not to serve in the warmongering, never changing, Horde was the same thing as being a part of the Alliance. You know, a faction with actual values and morals. But it makes for a far more fundamental difference then being similar to a playable race on the other side.

And again, most of those NPC are not intentional, just generic mook for whom Blizzard forgot to put green eyes instead of blue ones.
    That is a joke right? The alliance has committed crimes just as much as anyone else. Such as refusing to pay thoe who helped rebuild stormwind and then murdering them when they revolted.
    Or lighting fire to vulpera

The notion that they are perfect and idealistic is part of the reason why the Alliance is boring, generic, and seldom has an interesting story. The matter of the eyes has been apparent for 6 years. They've had opportunity to correct it, and have actually corrected npcs with correct eye colors in the past. You know...like when high elves ended up with green eyes. That was fixed.
    Again blue eyes isn't iconic to high elves.
    High elves are iconic for, well, being high elves and leaving their people to die while raising their babies.

In anycase, this incredible focus on blue eyes being a defining feature of high elves really plays the request off as just wanting what the Horde has for looks rather than for any meaningful story. Otherwise, why be so against blue eyes for playable blood elves?
    Last edited by Broflake; 2020-05-09 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    In anycase, this incredible focus on blue eyes being a defining feature of high elves really plays the request off as just wanting what the Horde has for looks rather than for any meaningful story. Otherwise, why be so against blue eyes for playable blood elves?
    This question is no longer to be asked since the interview of Zoltan and Cinderys with Ion.
    Blizzard has made its choice and they are against blue eyes for the blood elves, "it does not make sense because they have evolved" ...
    So inevitably, the blue eyes are reserved for the NPCs HE, a non-playable race of the alliance which is the subject of the request.
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-05-09 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    This question is no longer to be asked since the interview of Zoltan and Cinderys with Ion.
    Blizzard has made its choice and they are against blue eyes for the blood elves, "it does not make sense because they have evolved" ...
    So inevitably, the blue eyes are reserved for the NPCs HE, a non-playable race of the alliance which is the subject of the request.
    That does not stop the request for high elves even though Ion said "If you want to be a pale....the horde is waiting for you.".
    Or "we felt high elves would blur faction boundary too much and went with void elves instead".

If the argument about blue eyes should die because of what Ion said.
    Why isnt the high elf argument dead because of what Ion has also said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bobwuzhere1224 View Post
    Spellbreaker Weaponry and Shields still need to be added first. It's been too long.

In regards to those images maybe they were unused assets for a future warfront regarding Quel'thalas?
    I think Blizzard commented at one point and stated not all assets are meant forplayers...no matter how cool it looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're likely to get playable "(high) Arrakoa" before High Elves at this point. Which would totally be 99% cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    We're likely to get playable "(high) Arrakoa" before High Elves at this point. Which would totally be 99% cooler.
    If Allied races or new core races are going to be as rare as they have been historically (every four years on average if we treat the introduction of the allied races themselves as a historical blip due to the newness of the system) the exiles as a separate option almost certainly won't happen.

Imagine if the next races we get are in 10.0. A gap of three years. Imagine that the Alliance got high elven exiles, who are from a pure gameplay perspective just Void Elves without blue skin, and that the Horde got something like Ogres or Arrakoa or Saberon. How would the Alliance react to that? I would wager not very well and that is putting it mildly.

If you wanted to give the Horde the exact equivalent of the exiles so as to keep things fair, you'd be giving them Night Elves. That makes no sense, but it's the only group that would fit. And it turns the first new races after a substantial gap into a massive damp squib.

Truth is, any time a new race for the Alliance will be considered, ANYTHING will be a better choice than the exiles because so long as it's actually new, ANYTHING would be a better, more interesting choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Blizzard official stance on this is a "no" so far?
    It was a “no for BFA” from Blizzard.

They didn’t rule the option of them out of happening ever unlike what they said about no blue eyes for blood elves option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard official stance on this is a "no" so far?
    The rationale provided as to why they went with Void elves rather than high elves was that high elves on the alliance would diminish the diversity of the factions, which is a self-evident result of having the same race available to both factions.

That reason is 'evergreen', as valid in shadowlands as it was in BFA and in any expansion after. For it to become possible, blizzard would have to stop caring about keeping the factions apart. That does not appear to be likely to put it mildly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am wondering why you tagged me.
    As for Moorgard, it was in direct reference to him being a blue eyed blood elf. Let us not ignore the context because you wish to play a double standards.
    I quoted you because you've used moorgard's tweets as official statements. So has Obelisk Kai.

Strippling said they aren't offical Blizzard statements.

- - - Updated - - -

That does not stop the request for high elves even though Ion said "If you want to be a pale....the horde is waiting for you.".
    Or "we felt high elves would blur faction boundary too much and went with void elves instead".

If the argument about blue eyes should die because of what Ion said.
    Why isnt the high elf argument dead because of what Ion has also said?
    I think what Frenchvince means is the developers have declared no blue eyed blood elves so asking a player why be against them is basically useless.

You're not gonna get anywhere with that as since the developers made that decision you should essentially take it up with them.

- - - Updated - - -

If Allied races or new core races are going to be as rare as they have been historically (every four years on average if we treat the introduction of the allied races themselves as a historical blip due to the newness of the system) the exiles as a separate option almost certainly won't happen.

Imagine if the next races we get are in 10.0. A gap of three years. Imagine that the Alliance got high elven exiles, who are from a pure gameplay perspective just Void Elves without blue skin, and that the Horde got something like Ogres or Arrakoa or Saberon. How would the Alliance react to that? I would wager not very well and that is putting it mildly.
    You really show how much you don't navigate what Alliance players see/feel/do.

Most are burned by the current races from the Allied Race system because most of Alliance AR are new unestablished races never before seen, unlike the vary many Horde AR that were familiar and requested (Mag'har, Nightborne, Zandalari, Vulpera [new but highly requested]). Zandalari/Mag'har and Nightborne for very highly requested for Horde. They're content because they've gotten what they actually highly requested.

Alliance AR are mostly new races and/or races no one asked for, because you can't request something that's never been in the game till it's revealed to be an AR (Void Elves). Mechagnomes and Lightforged Draenei also fail doubly because 1) Their reason for being an AR is just furthering whatever identity is already present on the core race equivalent (a more techy-gnome isn't a new direction, a more light-focused draenei isn't a new direction) and 2) they were always considered by Alliance players "to be cool customization options".

Mechagnomes and LF Draenei and Void Elves were never Highly requested. You have over 50% of Alliance AR things that were never asked for.

Which AR do Alliance consider good? Dark Iron and Kul'tiran, because they actually stem from long-known requests.

Further backing is the excitement over increased customizations bringing things like Wildhammer. Wildhammer fans are excited precisely because they're getting what they've requested for so long. Tons of people are excited for increased customizations because it's been something requested for so long.

Notice the key sentiment being "it's what we asked for and we're getting it hooray!" appears to be what players enjoy.

Also, mechagnomes are considered an actual trash 'get' over Vulpera. So Alliance players have already experienced a "lame race get" and guess what? Other than reacting that they're lame as fuck and expressing that for some few weeks or w/e. Everyone's quickly moved on since.

Once a race becomes part of one of the faction's, even if it's "lame" or "boring" people don't keep badgering on about it because everyone understands "ok well it's here now that may suck but whatever".

Therefore, all the developers have to do is add High Elves in once and then move on to whatever the hell else they want. Trying to act like adding High Elves is going to throw the Alliance playerbase off their rocker that they'll never recover is a pretty absurd picture to paint.

Might there be people who consider "High Elves" a boring/lame request? Sure. But once they're in that's it, they're in and people can express their lament the same way the majority of Alliance lamented over getting Mechagnomes when those were revealed to be coming and then everyone moves on after a few weeks/months.

Now you don't see people talking or lamenting over Mechagnomes much, just like when Horde got Nightborne and Alliance were upset for a few months.

People don't much stock into it as you think whenever they get "a lame/boring" option.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is weird....sorry...I just don't understand that reasoning. "high elves on the alliance would diminish the diversity of the factions" - so we put void elves in that faction?
    There is a difference between identical and a variant. Night Elves and Nightborne are different in terms of model, theme and aesthetic with the Nightborne having upswept rather than backswept ears, thinner musculature on the males, a narrower and more intense blue skin tone range and their theme being urban dwelling arcane using elves rather than forest dwelling Druids.

In similar terms, Void Elves and Blood Elves are different in terms of model, theme and aesthetic with Void Elves having an alien, non human range skin tone range, alien hair colours, blue eyes, optional tentacles and their theme being void based exile rather than light orientated traditional elf. The exiles are virtually identical to Blood Elves though.

Identical would have been extremely damaging to faction diversity for obvious reasons and on a far worse scale than the Pandaren, whose neutrality did do damage to the diversity of the factions (and proved to Blizzard neutral races may save time and money but have other costs that aren't worth paying) but who at least were provided to the factions at the same time. Adding high elf exiles to the Alliance is duplicating a core race of the Horde, a race that has been core to the Horde for thirteen years and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

You really show how much you don't navigate what Alliance players see/feel/do.

Most are burned by the current races from the Allied Race system because most of Alliance AR are new unestablished races never before seen, unlike the vary many Horde AR that were familiar and requested (Mag'har, Nightborne, Zandalari, Vulpera [new but highly requested]). Zandalari/Mag'har and Nightborne for very highly requested for Horde. They're content because they've gotten what they actually highly requested.

Alliance AR are mostly new races and/or races no one asked for, because you can't request something that's never been in the game till it's revealed to be an AR (Void Elves). Mechagnomes and Lightforged Draenei also fail doubly because 1) Their reason for being an AR is just furthering whatever identity is already present on the core race equivalent (a more techy-gnome isn't a new direction, a more light-focused draenei isn't a new direction) and 2) they were always considered by Alliance players "to be cool customization options".

Mechagnomes and LF Draenei and Void Elves were never Highly requested. You have over 50% of Alliance AR things that were never asked for.

Which AR do Alliance consider good? Dark Iron and Kul'tiran, because they actually stem from long-known requests.

Further backing is the excitement over increased customizations bringing things like Wildhammer. Wildhammer fans are excited precisely because they're getting what they've requested for so long. Tons of people are excited for increased customizations because it's been something requested for so long.

Notice the key sentiment being "it's what we asked for and we're getting it hooray!" appears to be what players enjoy.

Also, mechagnomes are considered an actual trash 'get' over Vulpera. So Alliance players have already experienced a "lame race get" and guess what? Other than reacting that they're lame as fuck and expressing that for some few weeks or w/e. Everyone's quickly moved on since.

Once a race becomes part of one of the faction's, even if it's "lame" or "boring" people don't keep badgering on about it because everyone understands "ok well it's here now that may suck but whatever".

Therefore, all the developers have to do is add High Elves in once and then move on to whatever the hell else they want. Trying to act like adding High Elves is going to throw the Alliance playerbase off their rocker that they'll never recover is a pretty absurd picture to paint.

Might there be people who consider "High Elves" a boring/lame request? Sure. But once they're in that's it, they're in and people can express their lament the same way the majority of Alliance lamented over getting Mechagnomes when those were revealed to be coming and then everyone moves on after a few weeks/months.

Now you don't see people talking or lamenting over Mechagnomes much, just like when Horde got Nightborne and Alliance were upset for a few months.

People don't much stock into it as you think whenever they get "a lame/boring" option.

Nightborne were requested, but they were requested in the same fashion every new race is requested, a few forum topics were opened up about them. This has been the practice for ages. Hozen and Jinyu and Oges and Sabreon and Arrkoa and Tuskarr have all had their topics too. The Alliance had the same request in. There was nothing unusual about the request for Nightborne, it was simply par the course for any expansion. But the reason the Horde got the Nightborne was that the Alliance got the Void Elves. The Void Elves are as differentiated from the Blood/high elves as Nightborne are from Night Elves. There was a quid pro quo.
    It is vexing to see people complain about the Horde getting Nightborne, a race the vast majority of Horde players didn't care about, because they were unhappy at their half of the quid pro quo, a quid pro quo that only happened because Blizzard was trying to meet the Alliance request for thalassian elves without breaching their red lines.

Lightforged Draenei are on the same level as Highmountain Tauren. There is nothing overly special about either group.

Mecha-gnomes, despite the constant complaining about them, were literally the first race I thought of as a potential allied race after the system was revealed. A small, dedicated community had been asking for Mecha Gnomes for years and they finally got them. So long as they are happy, that is an allied race slot well spent. And if you don't like Mecha-gnomes, well there are four other allied races introduced to the Alliance.

Kul Tiran Humans were also a brand new model, the only brand new model introduced in the AR system and one that took as much effort to build as all the other Allied races put together.

And Dark Iron Dwarves are rock solid cool.

Far from being burned, the Alliance was actually well served by their Allied race additions. It has seemed each Allied race the Alliance was given suffered from the same sin, they weren't the high elf exiles. Despite being told why you weren't getting them, every addition was held to an impossible standard as a result. They weren't judged on their own merits at all.

In regards to the exiles, there are numerous reasons they aren't going to become a stand alone Allied race. Giving the Alliance two thalassian elf options to the Horde's one is an obvious example.

Giving the Alliance a duplicate of a core Horde race is two. You may covet what a Blood Elf is, which is a High Elf, but if there is a race on the other faction that you strongly desire to play then the least you can do is play that faction to enjoy it. And it's not as if nobody else other than high elf fans face this dilemma, where their preferred race and preferred faction don't mesh. The Draenei are an Alliance race and I can't enjoy them on the Horde with my Horde guild despite the fact I think they are pretty awesome. That sucks, but it's a faction based game so I suck it up.

But the third one is your assertion that the rest of the Alliance would 'get over' having to sacrifice their rare new race slot for you to have high elf exiles whom, for the vast majority of people who play Alliance, are just going to be void elves without anything interesting. We regularly throw Warlords of Draenor back in their faces, so I don't believe anyone 'gets over' Blizzard's mistakes.

Allied races are going to be much, much rarer. Probably occurring as often as new races did before BFA, every two to four years. Mecha Gnomes weren't added that long ago and the Shadowlands is by it's very nature unfriendly to new allied race candidates, so we're talking 10.0 minimum for something new and probably a bit longer than that if 10.0 is instead given over to a new class. So what you are expecting is for Alliance players, the vast majority of whom are probably unaware of the request for high elves, to wake up one morning to a shiny new patch and get a slight variation on an already available Alliance race (and a duplicate of a Horde one) all while the Horde probably gets something awesome. I pity Blizzard on that day, I really do.
    You began your response with a scenario describing how the Horde gets everything asked for whilst Alliance players get burned, and then end with a wish for the Horde to get something awesome whilst the vast majority of the Alliance gets burned again.

It was a “no for BFA” from Blizzard.

They didn’t rule the option of them out of happening ever unlike what they said about no blue eyes for blood elves option.
    It was more of a "we don't want to do them", which is why they didn't rule out adding them in the future as "we don't want" is their only reason and anything can happen in the future. I personally see them adding High Elves only if the amount of subs fall too much and they will need something to get them up again, or if the main decision makers like Ion leave and someone who is not as hardcore Horde comes in their place (since we know that not all Blizzard devs are against the idea). I don't expect High Elves happening otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is vexing to see people complain about the Horde getting Nightborne, a race the vast majority of Horde players didn't care about, because they were unhappy at their half of the quid pro quo, a quid pro quo that only happened because Blizzard was trying to meet the Alliance request for thalassian elves without breaching their red lines.
    Untrue that "vast majority of Horde players didn't care about", Danuser admitted both sides were arguing for it and even internally they were making cases for each side. But they had to go with one and decided on Horde.

Danuser also stated they (Blizzard) knew that Nightborne would be one of the biggest 'gets' and the side that didn't get them would feel burned.

So, very very false that "majority of Horde didn't want" Nightborne. Both sides wanted them.

Interesting that it vexes you so much, probably because the information is easy to find that Horde greatly wanted Nightborne.
    You began your response with a scenario describing how the Horde gets everything asked for whilst Alliance players get burned, and then end with a wish for the Horde to get something awesome whilst the vast majority of the Alliance gets burned again.
    No, this is you twisting words again. My entire premise is majority prefer to get what they've been requesting. You can only keep making arguments after you twist others' arguments and that makes yours look foolish.

People are happy to get increased customizations because they've been asking for it.

People are happy to get Dark Irons/Kul'Tirans (variant human body type)/Mag'har/Zandalari/Vulpera/Nightborne because they've been asking for it.

You can see it with so many other content in the game too.

People are happy for Shadowlands because of less RNG, no more TF/WF, level squish, faster leveling, removal of pathfinder in old expansion content, removal of rep tied to Allied Races, etc etc.

These are all things that are highly requested and when they're given it earns Blizzard praise.

And majority of players already know about High Elf request, just because you'd like to minimize doesn't mean it so. It's been brought to Blizzard's attention so many times over the past few years and they continually acknowledge the request or anything related to it such as no blue eyes for blood elves being asked about along with various media personalities/frequent wow sites because it's that much of a highly known topic.

Chances are if you play Alliance you know about the High Elf request. Especially when the game peppers the Alliance side with them in major story beats, there's no way to not know about High Elves as Alliance.

Only way for one to not know is someone who 1) doesn't go to any wow media sites like wowhead nor watch any wow content creators and 2) avoids major story beats of Alliance questing.

Blizzard has already before said that the majority of their playerbase does leveling and questing so it's very highly unlikely for the Alliance playerbase to not know about this request.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ddi2 View Post
    It was more of a "we don't want to do them", which is why they didn't rule out adding them in the future as "we don't want" is their only reason and anything can happen in the future. I personally see them adding High Elves only if the amount of subs fall too much and they will need something to get them up again, or if the main decision makers like Ion leave and someone who is not as hardcore Horde comes in their place (since we know that not all Blizzard devs are against the idea). I don't expect High Elves happening otherwise.
    Yeah and "we don't want to do them" is often a losing battle for Blizzard because it's a weak foundation to begin with. I don't necessarily believe it'll take subs falling because they just have a history of eventually caving in.

Removal of Pathfinder in old expansions, Tmog, Cross faction characters on one server, no more tf/wf, increased customizations, etc etc. There's a plethora of evidence out there that "we don't want to do them" is and never has been a strong argument from Blizzard and that eventually they realize it's time to put the request in.

Like I've said before, if you actually want a request of something to die out you stop acknowledging it. Blizzard hasn't done that with the High Elf request.

After Ion's Q&A comment, not 6 months later Afrasiabi is emphasizing "don't give up hope", Ion telling a fan on the blizzcon showfloor 'the door hasn't closed' & 'just because they're not in bfa doesn't mean they won't be in wow ever', they continue to add High Elves in BFA, acknowledge the topic on their forums through april fool's patch, and Ion confirming blue eyes not happening (a customization option that was heralded by some to be inevitably coming and a sign that 'this is how they'll end the High Elf request').

Those are all not things you do if you're truly trying to have the topic be over and done with.

- - - Updated - - -

Some new art, fresh from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...em_more_by_me/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your snarky comment doesn't change that blue eyes on blood elves isn't what the High Elf request is about. Which is why even multiple media personalities have stated so.

Nothing 'obsessive' about wanting to play a race that's continually features as part of the Alliance.
    This topic has derailed into something else many times.. coming here now calling me out on where this thread is about and even gotten it wrong spoken like a true high elf fan.

it's the snarky cringy comments we get for speaking out...everytime dude..

Nothing 'obsessive' about wanting to play a race that's continually features as part of the Alliance

The way you say things makes it it all very weird and fanatical, which you should reduce imo.

Normally I get the: THEY ARE A CORE RACE OF THE ALLIANCE SOO AAARCH.

It's not weird hence my comment before. But a couple of mods feel the need to bann me for that reason, but the cringy lines I get back result into praise.. I realy think the mods should take a look in this thread and put those fans back in line, it's getting rediculous anti helfer getting banned left and right. Only obelisk managed to stay out off fire, because it's the way he words himself very tactical. But no, I never considered them a core Alliance race.. ( reason I just wrote) a temporray at best in wr2 times. They left when best suited them right?, maybe the humans though that at that time. Anyway warcraft 2 was a long time ago to take that as a serious argument anymore.

Anyway dude goodluck debating with some one else, you not gonna argument me over anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    That's hypocrital dude, you've been snarky toward me and other "anti's" as of late. Don't be a hypocrite.
    Y.. thought I was the only one here.. my god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Blood elves are our high elves... that is a fact and it's fundamental to this topic.
    We get that.. they don't, it's a fundamental topic in this thread.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-05-09 at 07:31 PM.