Starter Pets and Race Change

What happens with the starter pets once you race change? e.g. as a Void elf you have this void pet that is unavailable to all other races. Does it chance to the corresponding unique hunter pet for other races as well or does it stay the way it is?

Oh yikes, score for Blizzard for sure when people consider paying for a racechange for an arbitrarily exclusive pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Oh yikes, score for Blizzard for sure when people consider paying for a racechange for an arbitrarily exclusive pet.
    lol yea rite can u even imagine i bet this guy spends 20 bucks to go see a movie in a theatre instead of just waiting for a cam rip to come out on the internet for free what a fuckin moron am i rite wow lmao spending money on your hobbies what a simp

Sorry, OP, I don't know the answer to your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI Most starting hunter pets have 'tameable for everyone' versions out in the world. Including the void elf's.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311075/...nter-pet-tames
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    lol yea rite can u even imagine i bet this guy spends 20 bucks to go see a movie in a theatre instead of just waiting for a cam rip to come out on the internet for free what a fuckin moron am i rite wow lmao spending money on your hobbies what a simp

Found the whale. If you wanna make that argument, at least have something comparable.

I am not paying for a race change to GET the pet, I am thinking about NOT buying the the race change because I am to KEEP the pet I already have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    FYI Most starting hunter pets have 'tameable for everyone' versions out in the world. Including the void elf's.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311075/...nter-pet-tames
    Oh, thank you very much - when I checked the last time (around a year ago or so) it was not possible to tame some (or even most) of them. Perfect, in that case I will probably keep the pet in case I switch races.

Just as an aside, the website Petopia still exists and a great resource if you’re looking for new pets to take and/or keep from a race.

consuming media isn't a "hobby" just saying

Found the whale. If you wanna make that argument, at least have something comparable.
    Hahahaha. A "whale" spending $20 on something, what a fucking drama queen. I'm sorry you're unemployed pal, things will get better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    This is such an inane take I don't even really know how to address it. Playing WoW is the hobby in this instance, going to see a movie is a comparable expense. If you or the other guy above have never spent $20 on something because you personally enjoy it and it puts a smile on your face then I really do feel sorry for you.

Hahahaha. A "whale" spending $20 on something, what a fucking drama queen. I'm sorry you're unemployed pal, things will get better soon.

This is such an inane take I don't even really know how to address it. Playing WoW is the hobby in this instance, going to see a movie is a comparable expense. If you or the other guy above have never spent $20 on something because you personally enjoy it and it puts a smile on your face then I really do feel sorry for you.
    it is a hobby as much as personal attacks makes you a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    it is a hobby as much as personal attacks makes you a dick.
    Are you kidding? The amount of people who run around in the gaming "community" trying to police how other people spend their money and accusing them of being a "whale" for spending money on things is ridiculous. I'm sorry if you are offended by the idea that someone might actually call you out for pretending there's some kind of class war going on here. Some people think spending $20 to make their character that they spend hundreds of hours looking at look better is a good idea, some people don't. There's no need to try and guilt trip everyone who sits in the former group out of it just because you're in the latter, and the only reason I can imagine that people would do that is because they're angry about not being able to afford it.

Are you kidding? The amount of people who run around in the gaming "community" trying to police how other people spend their money and accusing them of being a "whale" for spending money on things is ridiculous. I'm sorry if you are offended by the idea that someone might actually call you out for pretending there's some kind of class war going on here. Some people think spending $20 to make their character that they spend hundreds of hours looking at look better is a good idea, some people don't. There's no need to try and guilt trip everyone who sits in the former group out of it just because you're in the latter, and the only reason I can imagine that people would do that is because they're angry about not being able to afford it.
    Im just saying its just a game, its a hobby to me, it might be someone else's profession or anything in between and out. but attacking someone personally is a lame move to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    attacking someone personally is a lame move to do.
    Welcome to the internet, I guess

I'd race change and IF the pet converts to something different, take it up with Blizzard. Let them know that these arbitrary exclusivity of Allied race hunter starting pets is a shitty move.

But the Void Elf pet can be tamed by non-VE hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    The fuck?

"A hobby is a regular activity done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time, not professionally and not for pay."

Some people's hobby is going to the pub. Other's spend money on consuming media.

Also, people calling someone a "whale" over the sum of a race change... LMFAO!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-05-09 at 12:08 AM.

Definitely a whale given how defensive you instantly became. I didn't know I had to be a moron with money just because I have it. I'm not going to start because of your testimony, but your opinion has been noted.

Definitely a whale given how defensive you instantly became. I didn't know I had to be a moron with money just because I have it. I'm not going to start because of your testimony, but your opinion has been noted.
    Lol, I'm not even the one paying for a race change mate. It's literally less than the cost of buying a meal. You could race change five characters for less than it costs to buy a cheap pair of running shoes. I'm really sorry about whatever circumstances in life lead you to believe that someone spending $20 of their own money on literally anything makes them a whale. Who hurt you?

Calm down mate. We know the stimulus check gave you more money than you ever had before, but you don't have to strut around like that.

Lol, I'm not even the one paying for a race change mate. It's literally less than the cost of buying a meal. You could race change five characters for less than it costs to buy a cheap pair of running shoes. I'm really sorry about whatever circumstances in life lead you to believe that someone spending $20 of their own money on literally anything makes them a whale. Who hurt you?
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Calm down mate. We know the stimulus check gave you more money than you ever had before, but you don't have to strut around like that.
    Man, you guys are easily offended. What I'm talking about is the attitude required to spend money on something like this. That attitude is what's called a whale to those with any knowledge. I gather you're incapable of extrapolating from incomplete evidence, but that's how it is.

Be proud of what you are, no need to toss around random baseless insults to make yourself feel better about it.

Man, you guys are easily offended. What I'm talking about is the attitude required to spend money on something like this. That attitude is what's called a whale to those with any knowledge. I gather you're incapable of extrapolating from incomplete evidence, but that's how it is.

Be proud of what you are, no need to toss around random baseless insults to make yourself feel better about it.
    Calm down dude, go spend that stimulus check

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Calm down dude, go spend that stimulus check
    Ah, the non-argument, classic go-to for those without a brain but too little sense to leave a conversation.