Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Game is ready to ship, they're just staggering it to avoid backlash at most. If interest dies down, people won't bother installing it just to shit on it.

I am sure it's going to be a crappy mobile arpg. But i'll install it nontheless because i want to see if they're going to prove me wrong.
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but from all accounts of people who played the Blizzcon demos say it's a solid game, as if they were playing D3 only on a phone. It is far from a crappy mobile game from a gameplay perspective. I'm sure it will have many of the crappy mobile monetization features, but as a game word is that it is not.

Also, if it were ready to ship, they wouldn't be mentioning testing phases in their quarterly reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but from all accounts of people who played the Blizzcon demos say it's a solid game, as if they were playing D3 only on a phone. It is far from a crappy mobile game from a gameplay perspective. I'm sure it will have many of the crappy mobile monetization features, but as a game word is that it is not.

Also, if it were ready to ship, they wouldn't be mentioning testing phases in their quarterly reports.
    Not sarcasm.

To me it looks more like they're buying time. A little after Blizzcon 2018 there was an article about Netease basically being ready for launch and Blizzard pulling the brakes. maybe they took the time to overhaul the whole thing or they're just waiting, i don't know; but the product was in a very advanced state and registration for preview on app stores was already out by the time. They're not even updating us on the status, which just makes me think.

If it's a solid game, i welcome it. I just want to put my hands on it and i'd be actually pleased to say "i was wrong" instead "it's shit i was right". In the end, D3 is far from being a good Diablo game, but gameplay is really really good, one of the best i've played in an ARPG.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Not sarcasm.

To me it looks more like they're buying time. A little after Blizzcon 2018 there was an article about Netease basically being ready for launch and Blizzard pulling the brakes. maybe they took the time to overhaul the whole thing or they're just waiting, i don't know; but the product was in a very advanced state and registration for preview on app stores was already out by the time. They're not even updating us on the status, which just makes me think.

If it's a solid game, i welcome it. I just want to put my hands on it and i'd be actually pleased to say "i was wrong" instead "it's shit i was right". In the end, D3 is far from being a good Diablo game, but gameplay is really really good, one of the best i've played in an ARPG.
    My guess is Blizzard is well aware of shitty mobile ARPGs and wants to make sure there are no issues and plans to test it on a wider than Blizzcon demo scale. They know they had a PR fuckup and want make sure this game hits all the right points as best it can before launch.

Like I said everyone who checked it out over the last two Blizzcons have said it not your typical BS mobile game.

Not sarcasm.

i played the demo both years at con, several times the first year cause it was always empty... but its a solid game imo, the issue is that no one has addressed how it will be monetized, from buy 2 play, to pay to win, or something in between.

I do think release has been delayed, likely due to some enhancements (new class was at con last year and one more to come i think), and I'd like to think debates on how to make money with the game...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I think it is going to be as shitty as any other mobile game, I don't understand how someone can actually use their phone and have their fingers on the screen and see anything else on the screen, my hands will literally cover 75% of the screen if you have to use joysticks that pop up on the screen to move and use abilities. In the end the Switch works well because it has controller working on it. Id have to hook a controller up to my screen in order to make it work, and at that point why not just hook up to a TV or play on a console?

Not sure if irony.

Anyway, not much news. The game was just a PR mess, but we know it's still being developed and it's going to be released. There were rumors about it being ready for launch (words from Netease, about "them being ready but Blizzard pulling the brakes"). There were also rumors about some alpha/beta going on in the east and it having a very bad player reception.

I think they had literally zero things ready about Diablo in 2018 and they went with it because they couldn't go totally silent about the franchise, even if it was objectively too soon to reveal anything.
    People forget that Diable Immortal was never supposed to even be for the western market. It was originally only for the asian market as mobile gaming is a lot bigger over there. It was only decided at the very last moment to bring it to NA and EU.

I was at Blizzcon 2018, and I played that demo. It was amazing...for a phone port of D3 (graphics/UI were almost identical to D3). Not sure why it doesn't have a release date or even any new info lately except that it was so horribly received at Blizzcon that they're terrified of the PR negativity that will inevitably cause their stock prices to dip at first.
    Honestly, though, the demo was pretty fkn good (the virtual controls blew me away) and I'm surprised that there is no new recent info. There is a caveat to how good that demo was, though. EVERY phone that was available to play the demo on was a Note 9, which (iirc) has a more advanced graphics processor than most phones, which might be why it played so well at Blizzcon. People shouldn't be fooled into thinking this game will run well on their iphone 4S that they can't seem to part with or their ancient android phones with the cracks in the screens. Hell - I'd be surprised if it even runs on most tablets.
    I won't play it when it releases (I don't give a fuck who does, though), but I get the feeling that this is just their way of printing money in China via loot boxes. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I think it is going to be as shitty as any other mobile game, I don't understand how someone can actually use their phone and have their fingers on the screen and see anything else on the screen, my hands will literally cover 75% of the screen if you have to use joysticks that pop up on the screen to move and use abilities. In the end the Switch works well because it has controller working on it. Id have to hook a controller up to my screen in order to make it work, and at that point why not just hook up to a TV or play on a console?
    1, you couldn't be bothered to read the most recent posts in this thread. The people who played the game demos at the last two Blizzcons, skeptics and people interested have all come away saying it's a good game, not your typical crappy mobile ARPG.

2, just because you can't understand doesn't mean other do not. The mobile market has the largest pool of players in it. My hands are very large and my phone is not, Galaxy S7. I have played many mobile ARPGs, RTS, platformer, and other action games with no problem. So understand the world doesn't revolve around you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    People forget that Diable Immortal was never supposed to even be for the western market. It was originally only for the asian market as mobile gaming is a lot bigger over there. It was only decided at the very last moment to bring it to NA and EU.
    Source on it only being for Asian market? Or, like much of the info from people on this site, did you pull it from your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're making a computer port, even if its half arsed. That would allow them some amount of "see we listened to the community".
    Maybe computer port not as a full gane but a dlc for diablo 3 since it mostly looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Maybe computer port not as a full gane but a dlc for diablo 3 since it mostly looks the same.
    Looks, but it is not. If they were it would have been noted in the quarterly report. Which it wasn't.

1, you couldn't be bothered to read the most recent posts in this thread. The people who played the game demos at the last two Blizzcons, skeptics and people interested have all come away saying it's a good game, not your typical crappy mobile ARPG.

2, just because you can't understand doesn't mean other do not. The mobile market has the largest pool of players in it. My hands are very large and my phone is not, Galaxy S7. I have played many mobile ARPGs, RTS, platformer, and other action games with no problem. So understand the world doesn't revolve around you.

- - - Updated - - -

Source on it only being for Asian market? Or, like much of the info from people on this site, did you pull it from your ass?
    This is an interview with a dev working for blizzard and on diablo immortal.

They say diablo immortal exists for the chinese mobile market.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...izzard_dev.php

They are overseeing it's development.
    Like how they kept tabs on the warcraft 3 remake?

For those asking about a pc port, probably wont happen, just bluestack it or run it through some other emulator.

This is an interview with a dev working for blizzard and on diablo immortal.

They say diablo immortal exists for the chinese mobile market.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...izzard_dev.php
    The article says DI only happened because of China's interest, not that it exists for the Chinese markets or that is was originally only for them. It even says it was developed for both Eastern and Western audiences with a plan to launch in Asia first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Like how they kept tabs on the warcraft 3 remake?

For those asking about a pc port, probably wont happen, just bluestack it or run it through some other emulator.
    Could be entirely possible they saw their mistake and decided not to let it happen again.

The article says DI only happened because of China's interest, not that it exists for the Chinese markets or that is was originally only for them. It even says it was developed for both Eastern and Western audiences with a plan to launch in Asia first.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be entirely possible they saw their mistake and decided not to let it happen again.
    Read...the entire artical. The dev literally states that diablo immortal was create to breach the chinese mobile market. He says it word for word.

Read...the entire artical. The dev literally states that diablo immortal was create to breach the chinese mobile market. He says it word for word.
    I did read it. I understand DI would not have been made at all of there was no interest from China. That is all the article claimed. It says in the very article it was developed for both Eastern and Western markets at the same time with a plan to release to the East first

It does not say in any shape that the game was intended to only and Eastern market game that Blizzard decided to ring to both markets.

Saying its a "good game" isn't really descriptive enough for me. Successful games come about in one of two ways:

1. The game has some sort of "value add" that no-one else offers which makes it a must-play. If you don't play it, you are missing out because of x, y, z.
    2. It doesn't stand out in any way from its peers, but gamers randomly selected it as a popular game so it was successful for a while.

You cannot control #2. But you can control #1. Examples of #1 are:

1. Diablo 2 and Starcraft have a value add called "battle net". Battle Net is the PREMIERE social platform for gamers in the late 1990s/early 2000s. If you aren't on Battle Net, you are getting left behind by the social scene.
    2. Hearthstone on launch was the ONLY card game fully supported on both phones and PCs. If you play any other card game, you are getting left behind because you are missing out on a large chunk of the card game playerbase.
    3. Path of Exile offers the most frequent high-quality updates of any ARPG on the market. If you want a healthy, popular ARPG with vibrant gameplay and lots of cool updates, you must play PoE or get left behind.

What does D4 offer that makes it a must-play, to the point where you are getting left behind if you play other ARPGs?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Saying its a "good game" isn't really descriptive enough for me. Successful games come about in one of two ways:

1. The game has some sort of "value add" that no-one else offers which makes it a must-play. If you don't play it, you are missing out because of x, y, z.
    2. It doesn't stand out in any way from its peers, but gamers randomly selected it as a popular game so it was successful for a while.

You cannot control #2. But you can control #1. Examples of #1 are:

1. Diablo 2 and Starcraft have a value add called "battle net". Battle Net is the PREMIERE social platform for gamers in the late 1990s/early 2000s. If you aren't on Battle Net, you are getting left behind by the social scene.
    2. Hearthstone on launch was the ONLY card game fully supported on both phones and PCs. If you play any other card game, you are getting left behind because you are missing out on a large chunk of the card game playerbase.
    3. Path of Exile offers the most frequent high-quality updates of any ARPG on the market. If you want a healthy, popular ARPG with vibrant gameplay and lots of cool updates, you must play PoE or get left behind.

What does D4 offer that makes it a must-play, to the point where you are getting left behind if you play other ARPGs?
    No one said a thing about being successful. First had reports from people who played DI at the last two Blizzcons say the game is good. You may no like it but the people suggesting it's just a skin swap of all the other shitty mobile ARPGs is wrong.

1. Never played SC or D2 online. BNet had zero value for me.
    2. I currently play three online card games. I do not feel I am missing out on anything.
    3. I've tried PoE for years, it just doesn't do it for me. Typically when I play PoE I feel like I'm wasting time I could be spending on other games.

I understand the concept of value. That had jack shit to do with my comment.

As for D4, 1, it's Diablo. The name alone is value. 2, couch co-op and more than likely cross-play between PC and consoles since they are designing the game for both at the same time.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2020-05-09 at 07:58 PM.

Has there been any news on a release date? The demo at blizzcon was fun but I was hoping we'd hear something about a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Like... This game was revealed at Blizzcon 2018... and had a playable demo, yet it still has no set release date. I mean this is a mobile game, how the hell does a mobile game take this long to make? With this long of a dev cycle, this better be the greatest mobile game of all time.
    Was probably scheduled to be released and playable at this years blizzcon for people at home.

Today I have seen the review on wowhead. asian barbarians made me chuckle.

Dem sweet Chinese money.

A retarded conclusion to make some might say but i found it funny.
    Last edited by Gref; 2021-01-12 at 06:01 AM.