Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    If Worgen count as human then there's no reason not to give regular humans druids too. If worgen don't count as humans then we don't have human druids so your argument makes no sense.

Not saying I'm for or against, but logic is faulty.
    Kul Tirans too. Much like all elves can't be druids not all humans can be also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Last time I checked I was playing a Druid and

that looks like a human to me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    Are you saying Kul Tirans aren't humans?
    he probably doesnt want to play a fat human

Im still standing by for UD Paladin though.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Thank you.

And maghar priests and tauren monks etc.
    Do you only play Horde? Because priests mace complete sense for Mag'har. You just need to play through Shadowmoon Valley to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Elekk, give 'em the tusks.
    I don't know why but i totally forgot about their racial mount

class/race restrictions don't really make much sense anymore. not that they ever did
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    class/race restrictions don't really make much sense anymore. not that they ever did
    The issue with this is that Druids require a lot of art assets. They require unique forms for each race. It is understandable that they all cannot be Druid, I understand that. It makes the least amount of sense to see Mechagnome, Lightforged Draenei or Void Elf be druids, for example.

Though, I had the idea of Dark Iron Dwarf druids, all being fire-based forms. Much like how Wildfires help cleanse land and promote regrowth. There's also the Druid of the Flame via Fandral.
    Last edited by Atriel; 2020-05-09 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Kul Tirans can be druids, so either way, there are humans who can be druids.

Elekk, give 'em the tusks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Yes, but the person I was replying to didn't mention Kul'tirans. He said look at Gilneas. I was just pointing out the flaw there.

But there's the other point. Kul'tirans can be druids. Therefore humans do have the potential.

It's kinda funny, I went through to look at classes that allied races can be that their main race counterparts can't and it comes down to

Kul'Tiran - Druid/Shaman

Mag'har Orc - Priest

Zandalari - Paladin (If they had gone Warlock instead like originally planned Zandalari wouldn't be on this list)

Nightborne - Warlock (Nightborne were compared to Night Elves and Void Elves were compared to Blood Elves)

Vulpera weren't compared because although an allied race they don't really have a main race counterpart that shares some kind of ancestry or culture. If we did compare them with Goblins for some reason they would have Monk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    The issue with this is that Druids require a lot of art assets. They require unique forms for each race. It is understandable that they all cannot be Druid, I understand that. It makes the least amount of sense to see Mechagnome, Lightforged Draenei or Void Elf be druids, for example.

Though, I had the idea of Dark Iron Dwarf druids, all being fire-based forms. Much like how Wildfires help cleanse land and promote regrowth. There's also the Druid of the Flame via Fandral.
    Nah man, Mechagnome Druids are totally plausible. They're just Transformers LOL. MECHAGNOMES SHAPESHIFT AND ROLL OUT!
    Last edited by DotEleven; 2020-05-09 at 07:25 PM.

Nah man, Mechagnome Druids are totally plausible. They're just Transformers LOL. MECHAGNOMES SHAPESHIFT AND ROLL OUT!
    The issue is the class is more than JUST shapeshifting. They are mostly nature based. Being mechanized makes you less organic. There is really no way for them to be druids and connect to nature.

The issue is that Druids are MORE than just shapshifting. They are mostly natural based magic. Being mechanized is a process that makes someone less organic. There is no way they could connect to nature being Mechanized.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Both factions have exactly 101 class/race combos available. That is the balance that matters.
    Seriously? Does that really matter?

Would anyone be upset if one side had 90 and the other 100?

That's just absurd.

We already have human druids. Go visit Gilneas.
    And Kul'Tiras. This is a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Okay, I get the meme, but if you go into character creation they are Kul Tiran, and Worgen. Human refer to classic human.
    Doesn't matter what they're called, they're still both Human...just as Zandalari are Trolls and Maghar are Orcs...just because generic Humans can't be what you want doesn't negate the fact two other Human based races can be.

7+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

That's just absurd.
    Have you met the WoW community? Or the gaming community at large?

Yeah the lore is stupid. They have tons 'one off' characters like Undead Paladins or Lightforged Dreadlords.

They insist on making our character the most insane god leader of the whole world/faction/race/ect but don't give us class/race combos that actually make sense.

BITCH I'VE LITERALLY KILLED GOD and you think I can't learn about Druidism or Shamanism?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And Kul'Tiras. This is a joke
    thanks
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    A better solution IMO would be allowing Kul Tirans to choose the normal human body type. Given that the vast majority of Kul Tiran NPCs you encounter use it.

That's just absurd.
    people say, that the alliance needs more paladins, because the horde has more shaman. Like, the Alliance has more mages or priests, so what?

That's just absurd.
    A lot of people would. It's still absurd, though.

As long as each side has access to the classes, the actual number of race/class combinations is just a customisation option that has very limited impact on gameplay.

I too like the idea of removing the race/class restrictions. Druid is my favorite class but I don't like my very limited choice of race for alliance

Night Elf and Worgen are ok Not my favorite race that's for sure and I do not like Kul'tirans at all.

Personally I'd love to play a void elf druid

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3