Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They could at least add the new elven races for dh.

Dh the only class in the game that didn’t get to enjoy the new races this expansion

I'll race change mine to a Dwarf or Gnome in a heartbeat. Hell, i'd roll a Pandaren DH rather than have an Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    heres a potential explanation: as a result of the countless lives lost during the recent legion invasion, many of Azeroths inhabitants are thirsting for revenge and wish to purge any fel corruption across azeroth. demon hunters have become bounty hunters without the imminent threat of the burning legion, and are hunting rogue warlocks and any demons still around. they have taken up apprentices from other races to more efficiently prevent the spread of fel corruption across azeroth.
    so they hunt "rogue" warlocks, using unstable power of demons, that can turn them into bloodthirsty murder machine in the middle of town, and turn even more people into demon haters, because some DH mind broke and he murdered half of city? GREEEEAT IDEA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    And a demon hunter is pretty much just the next step, giving you power by taking the demon within you. Not to mention that this isn't dnd and the pact warlocks makes with their pet isn't particularily negative. At least we have never seen warlocks suffer much from it. In WoW it's all about dominating your pet until they begrudlingly accept being summoned for a few pink stones with fractures of souls inside.
    next step to what? And not being negative. Well Blood funnel still there, sacrificical pact is still there. The fact that it's not shown in gameplay heavily, not mean that warlock not pay for this power. Question only "how" he pay for it. And not a single sane person, unless he have nothing to lose, and he probably on suicide mission allow demon in his body.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    No, absolutely wrong. Void Elves are not bound by the fel like their corrupt Blood Elf counterparts. The void cleansed them, as opposed to corrupting them. They are scholars who can handle the touch of void given to them. The Nightborne would cast out any demon hunters, and they'd end up back with their Night Elf brethren.

Humans and Orcs are the best choice, given their exposure to the Legion and the length of time they spent in Draenor.

Eredar are NOT demon hunters, additionally.
    1. Blood Elves are not "bound by fel".
    2. The Void did not "cleanse" Void Elves, it changed their physical form and made them more susceptible to its influence (they constantly hear whispers and have to resist them).
    3. Even if the Nightborne cast out their Demon Hunters, it is no different than regular Night Elves casting out theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    And second Every DH that came to exisence - he lost EVERYTHING! Everything to demons, that's why he have nothing to lose now, and gladly joing Illidan army for revenge.
    That may be the case for Night Elven DHs, but not for Blood Elves. They joined the Illidari because Kael'thas said so.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-05-10 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There wasn't a huge reason to create more DKs either, and yet...
    DK in some way "easier" to make, since person already dead, and can be offered choice to be DK after death, or turned into one by force. Plus we dealing with death shenanigans now, and DK can help us there.
    edit: plus we don't know if that "thirst for pain" kept on this generation of DK (that made by Bolvar), because if no... well DK will be almost sane person, and only reason he can go hayware, because his personal problem with being raised

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There wasn't a huge reason to create more DKs either, and yet...
    There was. Did you somehow miss the whole Shadowlands thing that's coming up?

Honestly, it'd be trivial to imagine some contrivance that would make this work. Oh no now that we killed the Legion all the demons run rampant across the multiverse, if only we had special forces to deploy against them!
    That's not "trivial" in the slightest. First, because the Burning Legion is over. Its power structure dismantled and its most powerful demons eradicated. Second, because the Titans are free now, and Sargeras is imprisoned, and they can deal with the leftover demons polluting their creations.

Every race should have every class.

By now, in universe, we've seen enough and done enough to assume at least 1 member of every race would have found an unavailable class appealing, and sought out a trainer of another race.

Too many cross-racial war buddies to assume the old class limits apply.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Every race should have every class.

By now, in universe, we've seen enough and done enough to assume at least 1 member of every race would have found an unavailable class appealing, and sought out a trainer of another race.

Too many cross-racial war buddies to assume the old class limits apply.
    Worst idea ever. They’ve already destroyed most of the lore and flavor in this game there’s no way they should make it worse. Class/race limitations are literally the last vestige if identity in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The Burning Legion is basically over. Yes, demons exist, but at a fraction of their power, and their central power structure, Antorus, has been destroyed and the heads killed. And I think the demons now can no longer eternally resurrect as I think that was linked to Antorus. And on top of that, those demons are in OTHER planets, not on Azeroth. Their power structure is in chaotic flux. I don't think the demons would be a universe-level threat for a long, long time.
    Not disagreeing, rather I'm saying that it could be used as a future plot hook. Along the lines of The Empire collapsing in the Star Wars universe and The First Order rising out of the ashes to become a galaxy wide threat.

The Legion of Sargaras may be splintered and sundered, but there are still potential story hooks that could lead to demons once again posing a dire threat to Azeroth, just possibly in a different way. That could pave the way to the creation of a new breed of Demon Hunter.

If we get something akin to Shadowlands, only demon-based, which would necessitate more demons hunters, sure. I can get on board with that. But just opening new races out of nowhere, like it happened during Cataclysm for all classes? I'll have to say 'no, it doesn't make sense'.
    I'd be on board with random new Demon Hunters if their creation wasn't time locked. But since it is, we're kind of stuck with what we have unless they do something like they did with Death Knights (and even then, they did that in the laziest possible way).

We'll likely see new DH races added next time Sargeras or Illidan become part of the story. Nightborne and Void Elves will likely be shoe-ins. I'd also like Stormwind Humans and Zandalari.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    heres a potential explanation: as a result of the countless lives lost during the recent legion invasion, many of Azeroths inhabitants are thirsting for revenge and wish to purge any fel corruption across azeroth. demon hunters have become bounty hunters without the imminent threat of the burning legion, and are hunting rogue warlocks and any demons still around. they have taken up apprentices from other races to more efficiently prevent the spread of fel corruption across azeroth.
    or you know, since the burning legion have being dealt it, they are focusing on other threads of azeroth, Illidan goal apparently was always protect azeroth, so it just make sense that demon hunters are gathering new folks to save azeroth from other enemies like the void or Sylvanas and her machinations, with fel magic

Or even before, fel orcs and Draenei/broken were Illidari as well, they could definitively be among some shady trained Demon hunters experiments that we didn't know or were not much "proved" by illidan and his racism

And of course, just because sargeras is gone -not dead- don't mean demons will not be a threat anymore, preparation just make sense.

People want to be elf only because elf ego.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'd be on board with random new Demon Hunters if their creation wasn't time locked.
    Even if it wasn't, it wouldn't make sense for the lore of the demon hunters. They exist for one sole purpose: hunting and killing demons of the Burning Legion. The Burning Legion is over, and so is their access to their homeworld and nexus of portals since the space portal to Argus was closed.

Becoming a demon hunter is a ritual of self-sacrifice in where many die just from the initiation, considering they must literally stab their own eyes out, and have their minds and soul constantly tortured by the demons they struggle to contain. There is no point in making new demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    No no no!

You people allready ruined my game and immersion enough with your maghar orc priests, tauren rogues and monks and pandaren warlocks and death knights.

Stop forcing this nonsense on to the game and accept the fact that lorewise its beyond absurd.

Have some decency.
    Your argument is weak when most of your post is untrue.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    No no no!

You people allready ruined my game and immersion enough with your maghar orc priests, tauren rogues and monks and pandaren warlocks and death knights.

Stop forcing this nonsense on to the game and accept the fact that lorewise its beyond absurd.

Have some decency.
    Originally Posted by WoW Devs
    Reality is whatever I want it to be

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren Rogues? Panda Locks?

please tell the class how to unlock these race/class combos

- - - Updated - - -

Even if it wasn't, it wouldn't make sense for the lore of the demon hunters. They exist for one sole purpose: hunting and killing demons of the Burning Legion. The Burning Legion is over, and so is their access to their homeworld and nexus of portals since the space portal to Argus was closed.

Becoming a demon hunter is a ritual of self-sacrifice in where many die just from the initiation, considering they must literally stab their own eyes out, and have their minds and soul constantly tortured by the demons they struggle to contain. There is no point in making new demon hunters.
    Burning Legion is very much not over.

Leadership annihilated? Yup.
    Ability to just drop portals and have infinite reinforcements destroyed? Yup
    Religion and majority of membership still around? Yup.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-05-10 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Burning Legion is very much not over.

Leadership annihilated? Yup.
    Ability to just drop portals and have infinite reinforcements destroyed? Yup
    Religion and majority of membership still around? Yup.
    Okay. Rephrasing: the Burning Legion as we know it is over. It is a shell of its former self. And while they might be a threat to the worlds they're currently inhabiting, they're no longer a cosmic threat. And the Titans are free. I assume they're much more powerful than the demons, now that Sargeras is incarcerated.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Okay. Rephrasing: the Burning Legion as we know it is over. It is a shell of its former self. And while they might be a threat to the worlds they're currently inhabiting, they're no longer a cosmic threat. And the Titans are free. I assume they're much more powerful than the demons, now that Sargeras is incarcerated.
    I recall them being pretty occupied with keeping Sargeras imprisoned with Illidan's help, and that their last encounter with Sargeras required a deus ex from Norgannon for them to even survive.

And the only planet they still have control, or some semblence of it, would be Azeroth. Also, I don't recall the Legion's fleet grouping really close, and getting Little Doctor'd on Andrew Wiggin's orders.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-05-10 at 05:27 AM.

Not interested what CAN happen. If you use what COULD or CAN happen in lore, you can justify anything. Including Gul'dan coming back because he was cloned and frozen and now is back on an Apache attackhelicopter.

The question is, have there been any gnome demon hunters in the lore up to now or made any? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they understood it made no sense.

But honestly... if you can point me to a gnome or tauren demon hunter in the lore. I am all for it. But such a thing haven't existed up to this point in lore yet.
    If they never made new lore that justified new race/class combos you wouldn't even have Tauren druids, dwarf paladins,priests, rogues, gnomes anything, female night elf druids, undead priests and troll priests and mages. Or could you point me to the pre-classic lore that included these?

Go away with your "don't expand lore because it's ruining my immersion nonsense". If you want the world setting to never ever change and evolve then go to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    That may be the case for Night Elven DHs, but not for Blood Elves. They joined the Illidari because Kael'thas said so.
    oh so Blood elves not suffered from Scourge, that was Demon creation yes? Their Sunwell wasn't corrupted to ressurect necromancer, who brought those infernals on azeroth after?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Your argument is weak when most of your post is untrue.
    True as can be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    If they never made new lore that justified new race/class combos you wouldn't even have Tauren druids, dwarf paladins,priests, rogues, gnomes anything, female night elf druids, undead priests and troll priests and mages. Or could you point me to the pre-classic lore that included these?

Go away with your "don't expand lore because it's ruining my immersion nonsense". If you want the world setting to never ever change and evolve then go to classic.
    Ehm. The lore for that was established over 15 years ago.

I dont have to. Because classic is old enough itself. None of those were made because some people were asking for it.

Making up lore to make class and race combos that doesn't even fit thematicly is stupid and doesn't make sense. The writers even agree because they haven't made them allready.

They'd rather use their resources making more pet battle content than doing more race options for DH. Sorry, but that is Blizzard's prerogative.