Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I wonder what happens if Yrel comes to Azeroth and encounters both Turalyon and Alleria
    She becomes a milqueotast peacenik and/or dies to prove that being a milquetoast peacenik is the highest form of existence.

Also, what @Nymrohd said. While it'll ultimately be blandified to make Yrel a one-note baddie, the scenario as it is is fairly nuanced.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Because she knows Orcs can't be trusted and will eventually stab her in the back? Tbh she's what I wish Tyrande would've been in patch 8.1.

7+ Year Old Account
    She just forgot that draenor is free mkay? Also she's just playing the missing raid of WoD.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    She just forgot that draenor is free mkay? Also she's just playing the missing raid of WoD.
    I still hate this. "DRAENOR IZ FREE" and we forgive him and the rest of the Iron Horde immediately. Absolute madness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Because she knows Orcs can't be trusted and will eventually stab her in the back? Tbh she's what I wish Tyrande would've been in patch 8.1.
    Tyrande and Sylvanas stands side by side together after defeating the Jailer and Sylvanas shouts "Azeroth is free!"?

Tyrande having visions and being compelled by Elune's naarus and so she starts an Elunebound crusade where her Night Elves, Dryads, Keepers, Furbolgs, and Gilneans terrorize the whole Azeroth?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I still hate this. "DRAENOR IZ FREE" and we forgive him and the rest of the Iron Horde immediately. Absolute madness.
    Well if you expected Blizzard to actually write a somewhat coherent story you haven't been paying attention :P I already hope for even more amusement in Shadowlands, perhaps even a desecration of NelfLore Bingo.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    Well if you expected Blizzard to actually write a somewhat coherent story you haven't been paying attention :P I already hope for even more amusement in Shadowlands, perhaps even a desecration of NelfLore Bingo.
    I'm pretty sure they'll pull something like

Somebody: Tyrande, Sylvanas was manipulated by -insert name-
    Tyrande: But she almost succeeded in wiping out my people!!!
    Somebody: She wasn't doing it out of her free will.
    Tyrande:...
    Somebody: You should put aside your misjudged hate and anger. Go and forgive Sylvanas.
    Tyrande: You're right. I was a fool.

Sylvana and Tyrande shake hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I'm very curious to see where they go with that, if it's every brought up again. Been wanting a Light+Evil Alliance expansion for a while now. Used to think that Kings of Azeroth would happen after Warlords of Draenor, where we go to AU Azeroth that has been taken over by AU Medivh who just took over the minds of all the kings and such(him bringing the orcs over instead of sticking to the original plan, backfired so bad for him) but it never happened.

Now in Legion we have an overzealous Naaru making up lies and false propaganda and the beginning seeds of a Light expansion. Honestly thought instead of BFA, we should have had Genn, Rodgers, Jaina and some others start the evil Alliance expansion that could tie in with the Light, but nope can't do that. But we did get present day AU Draenor where the Draenei and Naaru are becoming a bit overzealous and evil in their ways, but we've already been to Draenor before.

So either the Draenei and Naaru are going to force their way into our universe and we'll have another cataclysm(zones get reused/updated) or we could have them go to AU Azeroth(they have to know it's there and it would be their next target after Draenor is fully subjugated) and maybe we have to go to an AU Azeroth(it would be easier than going to AU Draenor) and come across an Alliance that has been mostly taken over by the Light and we have an Arthas and Sylvanas leading the resistance, among others.

Or we could just fight them in space, since it's obvious we're going to space to fight the void soon. but yeah i like that someone on the Light/Alliance side is finally going bad, hopefully they don't drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And even if the Light is to blame, Yrel most likely has no idea and has been led to believe that the orcs are to blame. And . . . can you blame her? It's not like it'd be the first time they fucked up a planet.
    Are you talking about the Orcs or Draenei? Cause the Draenei have led the Legion to many worlds

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I'm very curious to see where they go with that, if it's every brought up again. Been wanting a Light+Evil Alliance expansion for a while now. Used to think that Kings of Azeroth would happen after Warlords of Draenor, where we go to AU Azeroth that has been taken over by AU Medivh who just took over the minds of all the kings and such(him bringing the orcs over instead of sticking to the original plan, backfired so bad for him) but it never happened.
    There's a custom game called Kings of Azeroth where the orcs never came to Azeroth. Something like Deathwing murders Terenas and takes Calia as his wife and queen and he accuses Genn and so Genn tries to band with Alterac and Stromgarde against Deathwing and his loyalits (Arthas and Eastweald, Barov Family).

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/265763/

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/302076/ (Reforged)
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    There's a custom game called Kings of Azeroth where the orcs never came to Azeroth. Something like Deathwing murders Terenas and takes Calia as his wife and queen and he accuses Genn and so Genn tries to band with Alterac and Stromgarde against Deathwing and his loyalits (Arthas and Eastweald, Barov Family).

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/265763/

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/302076/ (Reforged)
    Ohh wow that's pretty cool. Never heard of it before

My idea was that Sargeras already came to Azeroth before the Orcs were in the Legion's service, so he already had plans, but KJ with his brilliant idea to use the Orcs kinda backfires all of Sargeras' hard work. If that never happened, we have Medivh who never falls in love with Garona or is suspected of aiding the Orcs or being probed by Guldan during his fight and instead can begin summoning demons to Azeroth(book of Medivh+Karazhan) and start manipulating kings and such until most of the Alliance is under his control and that's when we pop into AU Azeroth to stop the Legion controlled Alliance with, who also has Deathwing and his flight as allies(demon dragons).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yrel did nothing wrong.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ohh wow that's pretty cool. Never heard of it before
    Here's the information: (forum's dead since 2018 though)

http://xenforo.gamerisle.org/index.p...on-topic.4467/

What is Kings of Azeroth?: Kings of Azeroth is an alternative lore warcraft III map based around the concept that Medivh was killed before he could open the dark portal and as such orcs were never able to invade Azeroth. The map takes place twenty one years after Medivh's death with Terenas Menethil being assassinated by Daval Prestor. Daval Prestor had previously married Calia Menethil and immediately coups Arthas forcing him into exile and becoming King of Lordaeron. Gilneas was framed with the murder of Terenas Menethil and war breaks out between the allies of Gilneas, and Lordaeron.
    And here are some spoilers:

http://xenforo.gamerisle.org/index.p...ent-list.4538/

But.... but... that would require giving alliance characters some kind of depth. Which, in turn, would basically turn away 90% of alliance players, that can only operate on the "alliance good, horde bad, whatever we do is right" basis.

OT: Despite how crammed in the whole Mag'har scenario is, it was a refreshing change of the usual dichotomy. For once Blizzard had the spine to show what zealotry leads to. And for once it wasn't the bloodthirsty "GREEN MAN BAD". It also brings a nice perspective to the whole Light vs Void dynamic, somewhat separating it from Good vs Evil.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylock View Post
    But.... but... that would require giving alliance characters some kind of depth. Which, in turn, would basically turn away 90% of alliance players, that can only operate on the "alliance good, horde bad, whatever we do is right" basis.

OT: Despite how crammed in the whole Mag'har scenario is, it was a refreshing change of the usual dichotomy. For once Blizzard had the spine to show what zealotry leads to. And for once it wasn't the bloodthirsty "GREEN MAN BAD". It also brings a nice perspective to the whole Light vs Void dynamic, somewhat separating it from Good vs Evil.
    those lightbound orcs and draenei look green to me

Quote Originally Posted by Draylock View Post
    I mean the Draenei used to have a zealous edge in TBC before the got flanderised. Like in the shaman intro quest they were suspicious of Nobundo and view him as tainet and were contemptuous of him (and the PC shaman).
    Then they had an opportunity to make the lightforged lawful stupid zealots but then they just made them gold-flecked flandersied Draenei.

I guess alliance races are destined to be lawful boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The only proper way to wield the light is not being subservient to it, rather beating it down and then wielding it. If a windchime disagrees, grind it down to use its remnants as a power-source. Yrel and her army are basically slaves, they just don't know it, they are fun because of their zeal but any faction forcing you to bow down for power isn't worth it.
    And yet joining the Legion was a SUPER popular option among the cosmos.

One the orcs have proven they will do willingly time and time again.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

its literally only because whitewashing grommash is a higher priority to the wow developers than having yrel continue to exist

they thought that they could get away with having us rescue him from hfc and have him instantly become our ally but then everyone correctly laughed at and derided them for their shitty and embarrassing story where orc hitler is not only instantly forgiven for his genocides but allowed to continue leading the orcs for decades afterwards despite the orcish revolution that took place being aimed solely at removing him from power

they really really want grommash to be able to return to the lore but unfortunately he's a deranged psychopath. blizzard's staff are at this point in their 50's and balding and aging and want to go back to the days when heavy metal was cool and orcs could stand on top of piles of skulls and be epic. but those days are long gone. today's blizzard fans don't like orcs anymore. at least not the warcraft 2 orcs that blizzard remembers

still they didn't want to let a little thing like that stop them so what's the only remaining way to whitewash grom? make the peaceful draenei into the real nazis! they just went out of control one day and started a crusade!!! the mag'har orcs were innocent!! it's tasteless and ridiculous and everyone correctly hates it but to blizzard this is their ace in the hole.

one day mark my words we are going to have an expansion where the light is trying to eradicate us and we'll go back to draenor which is now ruled over by the light and meet grom hellscream yet again who escaped certain death and now leads the brave underdog resistance and we promise this time he's a hero!!
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

Bonus points for AUFemThrall immediately labeling draenei from another universe the same upon reaching Azeroth.

The Naaru are "the Ori of World of Warcraft". They come with good intentions, trying to convince others through brainwashing to fight for the Light and bring order to the universe... either willingly, or forcibly. If you reject them, they'll destroy you.

Orcs influcenced by demons / warmonger from another dimension: they were used and are misunderstood!

Draenei influenced by the light: worst evil imaginable!

Mhm.