Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    " fire your writers"
    Legit question, would anyone be mad if they did this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Legit question, would anyone be mad if they did this?
    The new ones would be hard pressed to do worse than BFA, so at this point why the hell not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Funny how now Alliance has more "Ugly" races , Gnomes+Void elfs feels like more abomination than any Cannibal zombie or troll.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The last couple of interviews have been good imo. Slootbag probably had one of the best interviews ever imo last month.
    Oh yeah, Slootbag interview was great, Towellie was okayish. But Taliesin was obnoxious as always and that French girl was nervous I couldn't understand single question she asked, we didn't learn a lot from both interviews.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly when they did Shadowlands I fully expected it was another hail mary and that it would be full of fan favourites coming back (at least for the xpac) to try and save this mess in a similar way to Legion.
    Both Legion and Shadowlands have one advantage over BfA - lot of people quit 1-2 years ago, they are hungry for more WoW content, but bad rep of current expac make them wait for new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Both Legion and Shadowlands have one advantage over BfA - lot of people quit 1-2 years ago, they are hungry for more WoW content, but bad rep of current expac make them wait for new one.
    This is an interesting take actually, I'm kind of in this boat but I never really thought about how many people may be like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Mists had the same thing going for it, given how many people quit over Cataclysm; a fair few came back for 4.3 as well, including enough of my guild to raid after 4.0 and Firelands broke us, but I have to wonder how many will come back *this* time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never forget MoP.

It was: Pokemon ripoff #OutOfIdeasLol, Chinese pandering, childish visuals and themes, a shitty new race and a class that nobody asked for but Furries in love with a April's Fools joke!!!

Turned into one of the best expansions this game ever had.
    It was the best because it was the last expansion where player characters gained power and new exciting abilities. Afterwards it’s been all downhill and pruning. Classes are skeletons who gain some rentals during the expansion, only to become naked again when the next one launches.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    It was the best because it was the last expansion where player characters gained power and new exciting abilities. Afterwards it’s been all downhill and pruning. Classes are skeletons who gain some rentals during the expansion, only to become naked again when the next one launches.
    Classes are not naked without rental powers. Non of rental powers had any impact on class gameplay. It had impact only on your dmg which is same thing as gear.

Thematically speaking mop had a strong "we're out of ideas so lets make up random shit" vibe, but then again the same can be said of wod, legion and bfa (not so much "making up random shit" as "lets see what past stuff we can recycle")

The big difference with mop is that they still had competent class designers. I remember MoP to be the one expansion pack where feral druids were as satisfying to play as rogues in pvp, before they decided to hollow out every class.
    Last edited by wraysbury; 2020-05-10 at 11:16 AM.

And it actually had casual content. Took Blizzard a while to get up the courage to do anything with dungeons after the Cata shitshow, but the world content? Excellent.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Classes are not naked without rental powers. Non of rental powers had any impact on class gameplay. It had impact only on your dmg which is same thing as gear.
    What?! In legion they stripped down classes to make room for all the extras we got with the weapons and legendaries, there was clear impact on class gameplay without any of that. While Blizzard tried to BS their way out of it in BfA alpha, there is no way anyone with half a brain could honestly argue that classes were not rebuild in Legion with these items in mind.

The same right fucking now. Even now alot of specs are utterly reliant on certain special gear (hypertreading bracers) or essences like MoLD/VoP to make the base gameplay be fluid or flat out work in the first place (Fire mage, destro lock). Not to mention certain playstyles that were only viable because of azerite essences that allowed for using them in the first place (Demo warlock implosion during early BfA).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I think someone doesn't quite know how for example legion legendaries worked for some classes

Quote Originally Posted by wraysbury View Post
    Thematically speaking mop had a strong "we're out of ideas so lets make up random shit" vibe, but then again the same can be said of wod, legion and bfa (not so much "making up random shit" as "lets see what past stuff we can recycle")

The big difference with mop is that they still had competent class designers. I remember MoP to be the one expansion pack where feral druids were as satisfying to play as rogues in pvp, before they decided to hollow out every class.
    I loved MoP because it had a different vibe to other expansions thematically. Also, as you kinda pointed out is that theme doesn't necessarily break expansion if it's otherwise well made.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-05-10 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Where in that comment did I make a statement that i do not look forward to Shadowlands though? This seems like you getting defensive when your position is threatened.
    First of all amazing projection, but also can you show me where I said anything about your personal level of excitement of Shadowlands? All I said was that you seem to be unable to enjoy things, which is pretty evident given your tone and content of pretty much everything you've posted over the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    When was the last time you saw a game announcement where the big selling point that made the fans cheer was the announcement of pretty much everything staying the same except a few tweaks?
    You realize you're literally describing classic, right?

To me it was the best thanks to the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    First of all amazing projection, but also can you show me where I said anything about your personal level of excitement of Shadowlands? All I said was that you seem to be unable to enjoy things, which is pretty evident given your tone and content of pretty much everything you've posted over the last 6 months.

You realize you're literally describing classic, right?
    What in Gods name are you on about? Either you are making stuff up or you have wildly different standards on what constitutes enjoyment, I have been pretty outspoken about my excitement for Shadowlands and the system therein, I just prefer more thoughtful debate instead of resorting to hyperbole at every turn.

Classic was a novelty to many though, there were enough changes made since then that returning to the supposedly more hardcore Classic was an interesting proposition. Not to mention that seeing as the quests are gone from the live version of the game there was novelty to be had for people that would like to see what the game was like back then but are not willing to find a private server.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by wraysbury View Post

Got it. So becasue it wasn't tied to WC3 and/or you didn't like it they are out of ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Got it. So becasue it wasn't tied to WC3 and/or you didn't like it they are out of ideas.
    Meh...I don't think MoP is "Out of ideas." Its more like "Lets go wild with this concept of Pandaria that really has nothing."

And yet they somehow made it connect to the rest of Warcraft brilliantly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Meh...I don't think MoP is "Out of ideas." Its more like "Lets go wild with this concept of Pandaria that really has nothing."

And yet they somehow made it connect to the rest of Warcraft brilliantly.
    Exactly. I'd rather them try new, different, and unexplored ideas not necessarily attached to the RTS games. Thise limit and restrict what they can do. Also, it's not like they were really trying to world or universe build anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What?! In legion they stripped down classes to make room for all the extras we got with the weapons and legendaries, there was clear impact on class gameplay without any of that. While Blizzard tried to BS their way out of it in BfA alpha, there is no way anyone with half a brain could honestly argue that classes were not rebuild in Legion with these items in mind.

The same right fucking now. Even now alot of specs are utterly reliant on certain special gear (hypertreading bracers) or essences like MoLD/VoP to make the base gameplay be fluid or flat out work in the first place (Fire mage, destro lock). Not to mention certain playstyles that were only viable because of azerite essences that allowed for using them in the first place (Demo warlock implosion during early BfA).
    What so you mean by ,,class can only with rental power"? Dmg? Or what? My mage back in legion was playable with and without artifact so...