Thread: Persona 5 Royal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yea I expect so. Start NG+, just want to get to the point where I can complete the compendium, sitting at 99%, then I will take a break from it. The FF7 remake is calling me, but I hate moving between games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal (50 hours gameplay)! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tidus79 View Post
    I'm currently playing Persona 5 Royal (50 hours gameplay)! ^^
    Liking it?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of MegaTen series (especially Persona) and I liked it!^^

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talking of Persona 5, this Chick does a great cover of the Behind the Mask song.

I'm a big fan of MegaTen series (especially Persona) and I liked it!^^
    Which palace are you at?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Which palace are you at?
    Sae's palace!

Sae's palace!
    Nice. That one is probably my favourite. Boosted by the plot afterwards when you find out what is what and the time catches up to real time.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you like that then listen to this

I have to say, the soundtrack never really jumped out for me personally. Not that I didn't like it, I found it fitted well with the overall aesthetic of the game but it never had anything that made me want to go find it and listen to it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    was a little disappointed that even with the social link overhaul post sae's palace still went down exactly the same. Other than that, the first few palaces were a slog because not much has changed, although what has is definitely valuable.

ryuji's insta-kill ability change is a godsend, now you never have to actually battle green shadows anymore and get money and exp for dabbing on em

The third semester definitely made it worth it though. The bad end is pretty amazing, the good end was kind of meh.

make sure you unlock the third semester properly. game does a shitty job of telling you that to actually unlock it there are certain requirements. I'd be pissed if i replayed p5 in the form of p5rand didn't even get to the third semester.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-05-09 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I have to say, the soundtrack never really jumped out for me personally. Not that I didn't like it, I found it fitted well with the overall aesthetic of the game but it never had anything that made me want to go find it and listen to it.
    Third Semester's boss music is a upgrade compared to the rest but the general overworld track is soo dull compared to snowflakes for example.

Overall they sorta rushed some parts of the P5 OST and P5D suffered for it, P5Strikers remixes are great though and they should've just waited for strikers to come out before they released P5D.

It's soo weird how P4 sounds like city music more then P5 music does, even though it takes part in a smaller town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    Overall they sorta rushed some parts of the P5 OST and P5D suffered for it, P5Strikers remixes are great though and they should've just waited for strikers to come out before they released P5D.

It's soo weird how P4 sounds like city music more then P5 music does, even though it takes part in a smaller town.
    P5D was in development before P5S was even proposed to them. It literally released almost an entire year before P5S was even announced lol.

I don't think there is such a thing as "city music". P5 has a heavily jazz inspired OST and P4 has a heavily Pop/Rock inspired OST. That is really the style difference. If we where talking about a Persona game with "city music" as if it was a thing I feel it would be P3 as that is urban/hip hip for the most part.

I think the P5D issues where mostly due to P3D also being a thing, both games made at the same time they had to divide resources between them and the result was kind of meh compared to P4D which was made all on it's own.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-05-09 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    P5D was in development before P5S was even proposed to them. It literally released almost an entire year before P5S was even announced lol.

I don't think there is such a thing as "city music". P5 has a heavily jazz inspired OST and P4 has a heavily Pop/Rock inspired OST. That is really the style difference. If we where talking about a Persona game with "city music" as if it was a thing I feel it would be P3 as that is urban/hip hip for the most part.

I think the P5D issues where mostly due to P3D also being a thing, both games made at the same time they had to divide resources between them and the result was kind of meh compared to P4D which was made all on it's own.
    No I understand when the games where in development and when they came out I just think they should've held back on the dancing game because the ost didn't fill out as much as p3/4 where they had all the spinoffs and rereleases to work with in terms of ost, it's why p4ds tracks are more liked overall compared to like p5d. Also why it felt more solid as a music game even though technically p3d and p5d run better and have better beatmaps.

No I understand when the games where in development and when they came out I just think they should've held back on the dancing game because the ost didn't fill out as much as p3/4 where they had all the spinoffs and rereleases to work with in terms of ost, it's why p4ds tracks are more liked overall compared to like p5d. Also why it felt more solid as a music game even though technically p3d and p5d run better and have better beatmaps.
    P3D is as meh as P5D is. The only "spinoff" P3D included music from is the movie anyways(and just 1 song at that), otherwise it was just remixes from the base game. Both games suffer from being in development at the same time as one project that was later sold as 2 games. They should of just been sold as 1 game, because resources wise they where 1 game.

15+ Year Old Account
    p5s music is way better than p4 you guys are on many drugs

10+ Year Old Account
    P3D is as meh as P5D is. The only "spinoff" P3D included music from is the movie anyways(and just 1 song at that), otherwise it was just remixes from the base game. Both games suffer from being in development at the same time as one project that was later sold as 2 games. They should of just been sold as 1 game, because resources wise they where 1 game.
    cept P3D had music from PQ,P4U, P3P, P3FES.

Btw i'm not saying I hate P5 tracks at all. on my 6th playthrough of P5 in general right now included vanilla and Royal.
    Last edited by Dugna; 2020-05-10 at 08:04 PM.

cept P3D had music from PQ,P4U, P3P, P3FES.

Btw i'm not saying I hate P5 tracks at all. on my 6th playthrough of P5 in general right now included vanilla and Royal.
    PQ and P4U songs are DLC that work on both P3D and P5D.(another reason why they should of just been 1 game when the freaking DLC works in both).

10+ Year Old Account
    PQ and P4U songs are DLC that work on both P3D and P5D.(another reason why they should of just been 1 game when the freaking DLC works in both).
    except the base game has Light the Fire up in the night and Laser Beam which are PQ songs.

except the base game has Light the Fire up in the night and Laser Beam which are PQ songs.
    Laser Beam is literally live concert footage song that is free DLC that works on both games. Light the Fire Up yea, I guess that one you're right on but acting like P3D is somehow a better effort then P5D is weird when both have the same amount of songs, same amount of unique songs made for them and same amount of remixes.

They where literally made at the exact same time as a single game that they sold as two.