Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Visions are fucking bugged shit, just scrap this garbage already.
    What's bugged about them? Of the almost 100 runs across 4 toons, I've seen exactly zero bugs.

The only thing that was close was being "stuck in combat" because I didnt kill the enemy the friendly npc was killing, but that was my fault and not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh I've only really done them on my hunter. still, you'd think with a pet in melee range they wouldn't burrow but apparently not
    Yeah I am pretty sure the goal of them was not to be dangerous by themselves but to add disruption to people aoe pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What's bugged about them? Of the almost 100 runs across 4 toons, I've seen exactly zero bugs.

The only thing that was close was being "stuck in combat" because I didnt kill the enemy the friendly npc was killing, but that was my fault and not a bug.
    Hah, this is anecdotal evidence. Just type on Google "horrific vision stuck in compbat" and you'll see many, many results.

And today I got my turn to get f* by Blizzard's brilliant design, during a 5 mask run:
    So I was doing the left wing of Orgrimmar, after killing the final boss of the hard section, I noticed I am stuck in combat, but nothing around me was attacking me. I have noticed that the retarded NPC which is accompanying us in this section (abominable design choice) was fighting some mob far away from me, neither of them winning. I killed the mob and then used the totem to return to the start area.
    HOWEVER, when I landed in the starting area, I was back in combat!! Nothing was attacking me, I just landed. I cleard the right mobs, went throught all right side including killing Rexxar. My plan was to just keep playing and eventually die, then get unstuck from combat. I did die during Rexxar, but, GUESS WHAT!!!?!?! It did not reset the combat state. After Rexxar I was still stuck in combat. I have eventually died (again) on my way back to starting area (on foot), finishing the agonizing moments.

So this was so frustraiting. A game is supposed to relax us. I cherish so much my decision to not play Shadowlands and to delete this game and every trace of Blizzard from my PC. :-)
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-05-06 at 09:11 AM.

Sure there is not some totem or tentacle standing around somwhere? Had this problem to. Circled back and there was a totem sitting happily

Once I used the teleporting totem, I was out of combat. You cannot use those while being in combat. Getting in combat after using the totem can surely be clasified as a bug. It's not normal to get in combat while flying. The second I landed, I was in combat. So it's freaking wierd. Wasted time for niothing, only got some mementos out of it.
    Also, once I died, I kept being in combat. If that is by design, it is a faulty design. Even in dungeons/raids it works the same: mobs don't loose combat state unless killed or if they kill you.

The worst bit is the Mage Quarter, and those fucking tiny tentacle beasts that seem to keep spawning and running around. Fuck that whole area.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Hah, this is anecdotal evidence. Just type on Google "horrific vision stuck in compbat" and you'll see many, many results.

And today I got my turn to get f* by Blizzard's brilliant design, during a 5 mask run:
    So I was doing the left wing of Orgrimmar, after killing the final boss of the hard section, I noticed I am stuck in combat, but nothing around me was attacking me. I have noticed that the retarded NPC which is accompanying us in this section (abominable design choice) was fighting some mob far away from me, neither of them winning. I killed the mob and then used the totem to return to the start area.
    HOWEVER, when I landed in the starting area, I was back in combat!! Nothing was attacking me, I just landed. I cleard the right mobs, went throught all right side including killing Rexxar. My plan was to just keep playing and eventually die, then get unstuck from combat. I did die during Rexxar, but, GUESS WHAT!!!?!?! It did not reset the combat state. After Rexxar I was still stuck in combat. I have eventually died (again) on my way back to starting area (on foot), finishing the agonizing moments.

So this was so frustraiting. A game is supposed to relax us. I cherish so much my decision to not play Shadowlands and to delete this game and every trace of Blizzard from my PC. :-)
    It's not a bug.

What happened was the mask that summons adds below 50% sanity summoned an add but you failed to realize it and went in a completely different direction.

I have yet to experience any bug in any horrific vision run I've ever done. If you know how certain mobs work, know what keeps you in combat and what doesn't then there is zero excuse for you being bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Once I used the teleporting totem, I was out of combat. You cannot use those while being in combat. Getting in combat after using the totem can surely be clasified as a bug. It's not normal to get in combat while flying. The second I landed, I was in combat. So it's freaking wierd. Wasted time for niothing, only got some mementos out of it.
    Also, once I died, I kept being in combat. If that is by design, it is a faulty design. Even in dungeons/raids it works the same: mobs don't loose combat state unless killed or if they kill you.
    Read above.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2020-05-06 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Visions are fucking bugged shit, just scrap this garbage already.
    Okay sir, visions are now completely scrapped from the game, now what? You have less content and invasions no longer make sense.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably a fucking tentacle or some shit stuck somewhere. I had it happen in Mage Tower a long time ago when I was noob and didn't get how the fuck shit works yet. It happens.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Well in most of that cases you had the mask with the mob which will spawn if you're below 50% sanity.
    Bad luck of the mob spawns in the mage quarter after you clicked the portal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had the tentacles keep me in combat forever, they actually leash at certain points in every single zone that they're available, and I've tested this multiple times to confirm. Pustules in Stormwind also won't keep you in combat if you get far enough away from them.

Totems in Orgrimmar will absolutely keep you in combat as will NPCs fighting mobs. If you're leaving a zone and notice that you're still in combat, just look behind you to see whether or not the NPCs are still engaged in combat.

The final thing, and this one happens quite a bit is the mob that spawns when you're below 50% sanity while having a mask on. It takes several seconds to spawn because of it's animation, and it's really easy to miss it spawning while you're mounted running to another area. Furthermore, the animation spawning the mob can happen while you're interacting with a portal/totem and it will basically spawn a second or two after you take said device. Anytime I've been stuck in combat is usually because one of these mobs spawn while I'm mounted and sometimes when I click the portal/totem to head back to the main area.

I've only had two scenarios where the game was bugged, both which were fixed by logging in and out. One of them had the spawning animation of the vision (where the screen turns black and the eye ball is in the center of the screen just persist the entire time. Basically I could move around, but my screen was the visual animation as you phase into the scenario. Reloading didn't fix it, but logging out did thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It's not a bug.

What happened was the mask that summons adds below 50% sanity summoned an add but you failed to realize it and went in a completely different direction.

I have yet to experience any bug in any horrific vision run I've ever done. If you know how certain mobs work, know what keeps you in combat and what doesn't then there is zero excuse for you being bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Read above.
    Being bad? Lol man, I just wanted to tell a story of how I got in combat while flying with the totem. I do 5 mask visions eyes closed and without using exploits like half MMOC is doing, without using any orbs (maybe just 1 before last boss, if not lucky with pots), I don't need plebs calling me bad, lol.
    I just found it extremely retarded that I was out of combat when using the totem, and back in combat when I landed. Where did the mob spawn and why did it spawn after I teleported out of that area, why did it spawn there? Why didnt the mob follow me, if it's not a bug? I mean, in a raid or dungeon, if you aggo a mob, it will follow you trough the whole place until the very exit of the dungeon. Did the mob just stop in the left area an was waiting for me to return there? This is what I call a bug.
    In the end doesn't matter if there was a mob or not, I didn't say I was necessarly stuck in combat with a ghost.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-05-11 at 08:52 AM.

Being bad? Lol man, I just wanted to tell a story of how I got in combat while flying with the totem. I do 5 mask visions eyes closed and without using exploits like half MMOC is doing, without using any orbs (maybe just 1 before last boss, if not lucky with pots), I don't need plebs calling me bad, lol.
    I just found it extremely retarded that I was out of combat when using the totem, and back in combat when I landed. Where did the mob spawn and why did it spawn after I teleported out of that area, why did it spawn there? Why didnt the mob follow me, if it's not a bug? I mean, in a raid or dungeon, if you aggo a mob, it will follow you trough the whole place until the very exit of the dungeon. Did the mob just stop in the left area an was waiting for me to return there? This is what I call a bug, doesn't matter if there was a mob or not, I didn't say I was necessarly stuck in combat with a ghost.
    NPC tagged it and they started fighting.

You type an awful lot without thinking it thru first.

There's no bug, you just got stuck in combat with something an NPC was fighting or a figment spawned while you were teleporting/toteming.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post

If it's not happening to you, it's not happening at all. Amirite?
    I'm a thread killer.

Combat...

*Laughs in Hunter-ish*

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

I mean, not necessarily...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Learned early on to take a moment to make sure an area is clear before I move. On low mask runs I tend to plow through without really paying attention but on a +4/+5 mask run.... as much as it feels counter intuitive to succeeding: I take my time. Not saying you, the folks that have run into this issue haven't found a bug, but after running into the stuck in combat issue a couple times I started watching/waiting for the combat indicator to clear before moving from pack to pack, area to area.

The other day when I was doing Orgrimmar 5 masks, in the area with Geyarah, I went and killed the Orc boss and then the red fleshbeing boss and for whatever reason Geyarah started the last boss despite me standing exactly where the red fleshbeing boss is.... like 100 yards away from the last boss. WTF? I was at low health and sanity and ended up wasting my Cheat Death on that boss but I need the cheat death for Rexxar because as a Frost Mage sometimes its impossible to damage him without making him summon 4 boars at once >_> and because of that I failed my run :/ Thankfully I managed a good 3000+ mementos haul so it was semi-wasted.

So this was so frustraiting. A game is supposed to relax us.
    Dark Souls, Bloodborne, etc. would like a word with you and show you how relaxing games can be :P
    Entertaining is the word you're looking for, unless you look for relaxing game play - then I think WoW is, if you do anything other than questing, simply not the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    The other day when I was doing Orgrimmar 5 masks, in the area with Geyarah, I went and killed the Orc boss and then the red fleshbeing boss and for whatever reason Geyarah started the last boss despite me standing exactly where the red fleshbeing boss is.... like 100 yards away from the last boss. WTF? I was at low health and sanity and ended up wasting my Cheat Death on that boss but I need the cheat death for Rexxar because as a Frost Mage sometimes its impossible to damage him without making him summon 4 boars at once >_> and because of that I failed my run :/ Thankfully I managed a good 3000+ mementos haul so it was semi-wasted.
    Granted, this scripted stuff is not ideal but in my opinion is part of the experience. Do these things enough and you'll figure out what you can and can't do, what order is required and quirks like these.
    Last edited by Chrotesque; 2020-05-11 at 09:14 AM.