Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't think people understand that a large part of investigations, is to ask questions you already know the answers to, so you can disrupt a narrative, and put people in an uncomfortable state.
    Yep we do the same thing in auditing! With the supporting documentation on an obvious exception it basically comes down to we have you dead to rights so Either admit you did wrong and help us build a case. Lie about it there is a good chance you lose your job. I think people are projecting they wanted to fire Flynn because they are so set up in this black/white world they internally developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    #obamagate trending
    Well, the people are fools and trolls for pushing it.

That doesn't surprise me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Yep we do the same thing in auditing! With the supporting documentation on an obvious exception it basically comes down to we have you dead to rights so Either admit you did wrong and help us build a case. Lie about it there is a good chance you lose your job. I think people are projecting they wanted to fire Flynn because they are so set up in this black/white world they internally developed.
    Shit, i do it with my kids, because it's an effective way to find out the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Do you think its ok for the Fbi to Lie or fabricate something to get some one fired or removed?
    What did they lie about or fabricate? I think they were discussing what the potential consequences would be with a case that sensitive--the fact that they were discussing it indicates they were treating it with the seriousness it deserved. Flynn had the option of telling the truth--he's a former Lieutenant General (in charge of counterterrorism and special operations shit), the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, and you think he was somehow "tricked" or railroaded into lying by a couple standard issue FBI agents?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    What did they lie about or fabricate? I think they were discussing what the potential consequences would be with a case that sensitive--the fact that they were discussing it indicates they were treating it with the seriousness it deserved. Flynn had the option of telling the truth--he's a former Lieutenant General (in charge of counterterrorism and special operations shit), the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, and you think he was somehow "tricked" or railroaded into lying by a couple standard issue FBI agents?
    "It's not fair! They knew I was lying to them when I was lying to them!"

-Michael Flynn-

What’s our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?

That's the quote again. Its not just about Prosecuting him, THEY wanted to get him FIRED.

They are trying to remove him, i hope you can see that.

The word FIRED, is very frightening to me.

That goes well beyond prosecuting someone, that's an agends, a political motive.
    Funny, because these are legat tactics and Flynn said he did not feel he was entrapped, and he admitted his guilt.

-Michael Flynn-
    I mean...what even goes into this level of rationalization and denial? It's mind-boggling.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    it is continuing a trend of normalize Trump and trying to make this false equivalency about this presidency. Personally I think the new title is more in line with forum guidelines so it's fine but the timing of the change sure is strange.
    Now that's a conspiracy theory. "Forum admins secretly endorse Trump by not hating him, changing title no neutral. The end is near"

So, you should be pissed at Trump for firing him.

Are you pissed at Trump for firing him? It's a pretty simple question, no need to dodge.

(For the record, Trump lied about why he fired Flynn)
    Its not about dodging a trump question, Trump is an arsehole but this is not even about trump, this is about the department investigating everyone. How can anyone trust their findings if they are prepared to lie and fabricate information to seek an end goal.
    If they are prepared to do that, what else have they been doing.

But if your saying that's all ok, you don't mind it when cops lie etc, then well ok then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Now that's a conspiracy theory. "Forum admins secretly endorse Trump by not hating him, changing title no neutral. The end is near"
    First, nice strawman. That's isn't what I said.

Also, I'm not going to get baited into an infraction over discussing moderation so I'll just state the the mods have been open about the changes they made to how they handle the politics forum that line up with my statement. It's up to you if you want to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

But if your saying that's all ok, you don't mind it when cops lie etc, then well ok then.
    Uh. So you think undercover operations shouldn't exist then? Bold stance.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Funny, because these are legat tactics and Flynn said he did not feel he was entrapped, and he admitted his guilt.
    What he feels and the way a Top institution like the Fbi should act are two different things.
    The Fbi standing should be without question.

Its not about dodging a trump question, Trump is an arsehole but this is not even about trump, this is about the department investigating everyone. How can anyone trust their findings if they are prepared to lie and fabricate information to seek an end goal.
    If they are prepared to do that, what else have they been doing.

So, why can you not say you are angry at him for firing Flynn? Yes, I did notice that you dodged... again.

You have made it quite clear you are angry about him being fired, yet cannot seem to be consistent in your anger.

You whined that he got fired, yet cannot point that anger at the guy who literally fucking fired him.

Cops lie all the time. Should I be angry at the undercover cop who tells a drug dealer that he does not have any kids, when he actually has three at a home on 609 17th Street in Detroit?

-Michael Flynn-

- - - Updated - - -

What he feels and the way a Top institution like the Fbi should act are two different things.
    The Fbi standing should be without question.
    They caught a government official (and foreign agent) lying to the FBI.

Also, I'm not going to get baited into an infraction over discussing moderation so I'll just state the the mods have been open about the changes they made to how they handle the politics forum that line up with my statement. It's up to you if you want to look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you be ok if not only the police department tried to get you jailed but also on top of that fired from your job?
    And they did all of this by bending the truth or fabricating some of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep coming back to this idea the FBI fabricated evidence...but I guess if you think the Russian/Turkey investigation was a hoax you have to jump to this conclusion.

Simple they had evidence about Flynn. They used standard interrogation tactics used by all police around the country. Flynn lied.

I mean this seems cut and dry to me but I guess when your leader is on the ropes because of a bad pandemic response and the only thing you can justify about being good about your tenure fell apart (hey lets give large business a large amount of government funds so they can buy back alot of stocks and artificially inflate the stock market because we made people believe stock market=economy) you will just try to grasp onto anything to justify it.

Would you be ok if not only the police department tried to get you jailed but also on top of that fired from your job?
    How exactly did they try to get him fired? Did they secretly work with his boss (Trump) and hatch a plan?

Flynn. Lied.

So, why can you not say you are angry at him for firing Flynn? Yes, I did notice that you dodged... again.

You have made it quite clear you are angry about him being fired, yet cannot seem to be consistent in your anger.

You whined that he got fired, yet cannot point that anger at the guy who literally fucking fired him.

Cops lie all the time. Should I be angry at the undercover cop who tells a drug dealer that he does not have any kids, when he actually has three at a home on 609 17th Street in Detroit?

-Michael Flynn-

- - - Updated - - -

They caught a government official (and foreign agent) lying to the FBI.
    I can see by your replies, your not really interested in the truth. I get that, the vast majority of people on these forums are not.
    Just remember what you stand for, history has a funny away of repeating itself, lets hope that who ever you support in the future does not get the same treatment.
    I can only imagine what you would say then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I keep coming back to this idea the FBI fabricated evidence...but I guess if you think the Russian/Turkey investigation was a hoax you have to jump to this conclusion.

Simple they had evidence about Flynn. They used standard interrogation tactics used by all police around the country. Flynn lied.

I mean this seems cut and dry to me but I guess when your leader is on the ropes because of a bad pandemic response and the only thing you can justify about being good about your tenure fell apart (hey lets give large business a large amount of government funds so they can buy back alot of stocks and artificially inflate the stock market because we made people believe stock market=economy) you will just try to grasp onto anything to justify it.
    Why would the FBI want to get him fired?

There job is to prosecute not to get you fired?

Why would they say that.

Really give it some thought.

What did they bend and what did they fabricate, and why won't you answer that question? There is a completely different interpretation of what you keep quoting, which is NOT that they were trying to get him fired, but rather they were aware of the potential (and, at a time that now feels long long ago, likely) fallout from something this serious and were discussing how to approach and handle it.

I can see by your replies, your not really interested in the truth. I get that, the vast majority of people on these forums are not.
    Just remember what you stand for, history has a funny away of repeating itself, lets hope that who ever you support in the future does not get the same treatment.
    I asked you a direct fucking question, and you dodged it... twice. Trying to claim I'm not interested in the truth, when you refuse to be honest, is adorable.

That's about the same as some anti-vaxxer pushing a conspiracy theory, then when asked for evidence, they scream that people don't want the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, the truth is not what you want it to be, those are dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the FBI want to get him fired?

There job is to prosecute not to get you fired?

Why would they say that.

Really give it some thought.
    Show me evidence that the FBI wanted him fired.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a general rule criminals don't like being prosecuted. As a general rule no one likes being investigated, innocent or guilty. This standard you are trying to set is nonsense and doesn't change that Flynn lied under oath.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.