Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • 2x S2 gimbal = 7,000 UEC for both
    • 2x NN-14 Neutron = 28,300 UEC for both
    • Zapjet power plant = 15,000 UEC
    • 2x Vapor Block coolers = 23,900 UEC for both
    • 2x Palisade shields = 46,400 UEC for both

120,600 UEC investment, plus more hours of flying around, buying up those parts.
    what ships do you have i can solo claim runner missions in a 600i for 10k in 10-15 mins

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Just link it man. Part of making claims is to provide supporting evidence, not telling people to do their own research.

Crazy
    its common sense to do your own research before making comments
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-11 at 01:05 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    what ships do you have i can solo claim runner missions in a 600i for 10k in 10-15 mins
    I only own the 315p, plus the Freelancer they're loaning out to everyone for a while.

I only own the 315p, plus the Freelancer they're loaning out to everyone for a while.
    think the new delivery missions offer rewards around 15k but i wouldnt do combat in anything less than a freelancer, theres at least one mission that offers 33k, i also just loaded up freshly on 3.9 and have things that i bought in 3.8.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-11 at 01:16 AM.

think the new delivery missions offer rewards around 15k but i wouldnt do combat in anything less than a freelancer
    Delivery missions were mainly how I grinded the UEC this patch but half of the times the server would crash, I would be disconnected, my game would crash, or the mission would bug out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    its common sense to do your own research before making comments
    It's common sense to back up your claims.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's common sense to back up your claims.
    Its not a claim its the information backed up when its the first thing that comes up when you search for anything about RDR2 development, because your too lazy and dont want to be proven that your wrong, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...d_Redemption_2, the first RDR game cost 80-100 million, so your claim that the second one cost the same when it took years longer and double the amount of staff does not add up at all.

Preliminary work on Red Dead Redemption began in 2005;[2] full development commenced in 2006, following the formation of a core development team.[3] Rockstar San Diego co-opted a number of other studios owned by parent company Rockstar Games to facilitate development between a full team of over 800.[2] Media analysts estimated the development budget for the game was between US$80 million and US$100 million, making Red Dead Redemption one of the most expensive video games ever made.[4]

The link you made is information about the first game not the 2nd, the game took twice as long as GTA5 so its safe to say it cost up to double to develop.

Delivery missions were mainly how I grinded the UEC this patch but half of the times the server would crash, I would be disconnected, my game would crash, or the mission would bug out.
    SC leans to group play as the better option, unless you have something with good shields the good paying combat stuff is too hard solo, best option for solo would hire a prospecter and go for high value ores for 30k plus a full load
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-11 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a claim its the information backed up when its the first thing that comes up when you search for anything about RDR2 development, because your too lazy and dont want to be proven that your wrong, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...d_Redemption_2, the first RDR game cost 80-100 million, so your claim that the second one cost the same when it took years longer and double the amount of staff does not add up at all.

Preliminary work on Red Dead Redemption began in 2005;[2] full development commenced in 2006, following the formation of a core development team.[3] Rockstar San Diego co-opted a number of other studios owned by parent company Rockstar Games to facilitate development between a full team of over 800.[2] Media analysts estimated the development budget for the game was between US$80 million and US$100 million, making Red Dead Redemption one of the most expensive video games ever made.[4]

The link you made is information about the first game not the 2nd, the game took twice as long as GTA5 so its safe to say it cost up to double to develop.

SC leans to group play as the better option, unless you have something with good shields the good paying combat stuff is too hard solo, best option for solo would hire a prospecter and go for high value ores for 30k plus a full load

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Its a direct quote from the first read dead game development, Media analysts estimated the development budget for the game was between US$80 million and US$100 million, making Red Dead Redemption one of the most expensive video games ever made. word for word exact same quote in your random website is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...ead_Redemption

Even when your given information directly you still say im wrong.

Asking someone for a link to corroborate their claim has nothing to do with being lazy or not wanting to be proven wrong, it is simply to stop people making claims that they pull from their ass

If you say the earth is flat, the onus is on you to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, now I'm very frustrated.

I had spent two dozen hours this week, slowly grinding up UEC to deck out my 315p (because I had lost all of my upgrades when 3.9 hit and reset everyone's progress). I had:

• 2x S2 gimbal = 7,000 UEC for both
    • 2x NN-14 Neutron = 28,300 UEC for both
    • Zapjet power plant = 15,000 UEC
    • 2x Vapor Block coolers = 23,900 UEC for both
    • 2x Palisade shields = 46,400 UEC for both

120,600 UEC investment, plus more hours of flying around, buying up those parts.

All that was left was to buy the VK-00 quantrum drive for 43,300 UEC at GRIM Hex, when I bumped into an asteroid and died (WTH I was going barely 50 and I had Pallisade Shields equipped!). I died, and when I went to the terminal to respawn my ship, it said it was destroyed but I could retrieve (no option to claim it). So I retrieved it, and told me it was on the pad. It wasn't tracking the ship. So I went to the pad, and...

(To clarify for those who don't know: the ship spawned only with the interior and the landing gear. No engines, no wings, no weapons, no shields, no powerplant, no cockpit to sit in, no bed to log out in, no exterior, no door, no ladder, no nothing. JUST the interior. Only thing that I can interact with is the bathroom and the cabinet in the back. And yes, I did try storing it and retrieving it again, only for the same result to occur).

So now my 315p is unrecoverable without an account reset, and since this happened to the Freelancer too I have no useable ships whatsoever.

I think I'm done for now. Until they fix these game breaking bugs, I just don't want to play 3.9 anymore. What's the point of doing an account reset if I'm going to have endure another two dozen hours of tediously trying to grind up UEC with all of these server crashes and disconnects, only to possibly end up losing all of my hard earned work anyway due to a bug.

Star Citizen has always had bugs, but, damn. It was actually playable prior to 3.9.
    I really enjoy reading your write-ups. Real commentary about the game.
    I had heard about this bug that you seem to be experiencing, people were doing character resets in the hope of getting ships or items back back but each successive reset only made matters worse, to the point where they lose everything and their character spawns without a head or even becomes invisible.

Certainly seems an extremely buggy patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Untill you have a source that says different don't bother replying to me anymore.

Don't you understand how that budget is impossible? GTA5 alone costed around 260$Millions and took 5 years to develop.
    RDR2 took around 8 years and involved even more people.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/26/t...-cost-to-make/

If you like looking into numbers more: https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/06/r...tock-falls-13/

https://kotaku.com/why-video-games-c...1818508211/amp
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-05-11 at 02:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Don't you understand how that budget is impossible? GTA5 alone costed around 260$Millions and took 5 years to develop.

If you like looking into numbers more: https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/06/r...tock-falls-13/

I like how you are answering to a post about > development budget < with the GTA 5 260million number that is including marketing and everything else and have the balls to post the venturebeat article where even the author is saying that he is talking completely out of his ass because he has no fucking clue about real numbers, kek.

Untill you have a source that says different don't bother replying to me anymore.
    I linked you proof that the statement on the website you provided was only relevant to the first read dead game and predicted you would still say im wrong, that website you linked is not even backed up by any references or actual data and you refuse to admit that its incorrect information, there are several sites around saying development costing anywhere between 500 plus million but i never used them as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I like how you are answering to a post about > development budget < with the GTA 5 260million number that is including marketing and everything else and have the balls to post the venturebeat article where even the author is saying that he is talking completely out of his ass because he has no fucking clue about real numbers, kek.
    you do realise orange joe has used a website as fact that provides the wrong information for RDR2 as its actually a quote regarding the 1st game, we will never know the exact number spent on the game but with at least 6 years development with 1600 staff the game easily exceeds the costs of GTA5 and marketing costs are included in development as thats the total cost they spent on the game. With all the data available its safe to say the costs were at least around 500 million with marketing.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-11 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    marketing costs are included in development as thats the total cost they spent on the game
    That is literally a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    That is literally a lie.
    Total costs are all added up, marketing and development is the total costs of its complete development, its up to the company to spend money on marketing, if you add 200 million in marketing to one game that affects the total costs of the game so stop saying nonsense.

Most companys always put a certain amount for marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Dont make stupid people famous.

I quite enjoy this thread, something like guilty pleasure of mine.
    Oh, I'm right there with you. I can't get enough of this thread. Even though someone tried to explain to me that I actually enjoy it because I care deeply about this nonsense game, I love watching people argue in circles against a brick wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

You think they don't reuse tech from previous games therefor lowering the cost of future games? You linked a person using complete guesses as to what things cost. How much people were paid and so on.

Your gtav cost includes marketing. Marketing generally cost as much if not more than development alone. The list I showed was not including marketing into cost...

- - - Updated - - -

I linked you proof that the statement on the website you provided was only relevant to the first read dead game and predicted you would still say im wrong, that website you linked is not even backed up by any references or actual data and you refuse to admit that its incorrect information, there are several sites around saying development costing anywhere between 500 plus million but i never used them as gospel.
    You said my link was talking about rdr1 when it was clearly talking about rdr2.

You said my link was talking about rdr1 when it was clearly talking about rdr2.
    the idiot who made the comment on that website used incorrect information by quoting information relevant to the first read dead game and never even backed the information up with a reference, you then took that information without checking it as fact and you wont even admit that the information is incorrect. Your information you think is correct is irrevelvant with nothing to back the claim up.

Do you believe both games cost the exact same when one game was 4 years in development and 800 staff and ther other 6 years in development and upwards of 1600 staff, even ignoring the amount of staff 2 years of development increases the cost by 50%.

Unless the company states otherwise all development costs of a game are estimated.

Fact is your information is wrong and you wont admit it.

Can just look at GTA5 and RDR2 is just a western version of that which took longer to develop and used more staff so costs would be greater than what GTA5 took to develop. RDR2 took twice as long and used a ton more staff.

The website the Mr Anderson used at least has information to back up its claims.

Just by using the costs of what GTA5 took to make alone the development budget can be doubled due to taking twice as long so you have 250 million development budget, and the same budget for marketing takes it to around 400 million in total, i didnt even add anything to account for extra staff.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-12 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the idiot who made the comment on that website used incorrect information by quoting information relevant to the first read dead game and never even backed the information up with a reference, you then took that information without checking it as fact and you wont even admit that the information is incorrect.

Do you believe both games cost the exact same when one game was 4 years in development and 800 staff and ther other 6 years in development and upwards of 1600 staff, even ignoring the amount of staff 2 years of development increases the cost by 50%.

Unless the company states otherwise all development costs of a game are estimated.
    80-100 is a decent range and that is a larger budget than 90% of games + we are talking about a game that can easily use tech from gtav.

Hell GTAV development was only 137 million.

Also looking into it more rdr1 has a total cost of 80-100 million. Not just development.

The budget discussion has gone on for more than long enough, and has veered off-topic. Please take it to tells if you would like to continue that discussion, otherwise back on topic please.