Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I don't think Master loot should be allowed for any Pug groups, because greedy people are very common and it goes back to the "Deathbringer trinket -reserved-" days. I think guilds should definitely be allowed to use it, just because you should be working for the betterment of your guild rather than yourself, but as soon as randoms are involved it should go personal. Players in this game cannot be trusted, it has been shown time and time again, so separate random joe players from guilds and if guilds implode or eat themselves with drama, who really cares?

Whats wrong with a DBW reserved group? They filled the group. Theyre leading it. You choose to join, knowing its reserved.. The problem is that reputation doesnt matter anymore. You used to only play with people from your server and more specifically, your guild. When you ninjad something or did something scummy, the whole server knew about it and you were basically blackballed from everything.. Now, you dont have to play with your guild, you dont have to play with people from your server.. Your reputation means nothing.. You basically dont even have a reputation anymore..

This leads to another thing i dont like about blizzard destroying the social scene. Rather than make everything cross server.. They should have just further consolidated servers to make them all decent population. This game is a long way from being fixed. I guess it never will be. People will just keep putting up with the mediocre party fest, (Face it, its no longer an "mmo"), until wow dies.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-05-11 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Why do they get their way?
    Because, they are the vast majority and it's clear that Blizzard got enough of being spammed with loot tickets.

The sliver of people who are genuinely negatively affected by the new rules is both insignificant and they won't be running opening tickets about how master loot did not work.

Not a hard concept to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because, they are the vast majority
    That vast majority would also never ever create their own groups or lead or accomplish anything without those people who did organize it. That's why it doesn't matter that they're the majority. They're weak and their comparative value is low. They're a dime a dozen and the same people that complain "WAAAH I WAS DECLINED LOOKING FOR A M+ GROUP ZOMG RAIDER IO SO TOXIC!"

and it's clear that Blizzard got enough of being spammed with loot tickets.
    Really easy to create a rule that automatically files those tickets to the garbage can and gives a canned response "sorry, we don't deal with that."

Not a hard concept to grasp.
    You're making a ton of assumptions. I'd like to see how many people quit due to loot issues post-PL system. I marked it as the sole reason for leaving the game. I'm not the only one. Your assumptions as to why they did it, whether the data actually reflects their stated reasoning, and your assumptions surrounding the rest of that are lacking in terms of evidence. Because you can't get that evidence. If you expect me to just take blizz at face value? HAHA. No.

I see a lot of comments about cliques and what not, I for one basically loved that aspect of the game and one of the many reasons I miss 10 man so much, we had a fantastic core 10 man group from BC-CATA we were constant top 5 guilds on our server, we had 3 10 man groups that cleared content without any issues at all. The Officer group, a group from a merged guild and then the alt group we all cleared 10 man the Officer group we had been playing WOW together for 10 years and only ever replaced 3 people over the years we just did /roll on everything but were all friends and at the end of the day ran what we called low and slow with 2 tanks 3 healers and 5 DPS cleared everything very easily and geared our Healers first and tanks for the most part we would do a semi loot council and everyone was pretty happy for the most part. then when we did 25 mans we did DKP and everything always went smoothly. But as time progressed the turnover on the 25 man stuff caused us to abandon it altogether and we just rolled through the 10 man stuff and had our 10 people that were in essence the guild and we were a clique, but it worked great. We did ML and bosses actually dropped gear not this Personal loot BS we have today where you lost guild mats from DE when 1 person gets loot they don't need instead of 2-3 people getting loot or getting 3 shards for enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why it doesn't matter that they're the majority.
    Kekw, of course majority matters, that's why you got the change...

Don't be ridiculous. That change alone probably cut the tickets rate by 50% in the customer service, this absolutely WAS one of the hottest issues around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. That change alone probably cut the tickets rate by 50% in the customer service, this absolutely WAS one of the hottest issues around.
    Prove it. You keep leaving that part off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it. You keep leaving that part off.
    Blizzard did the change - the end. Unless you want to claim that Blizzard randomly does such things to piss off people, of course.

You have Ion the veteran raider and his team who don't go to take a dump without crunching numbers for changes who went on and changed one of the core things about the game - loot rules and you want to claim they did it on a whim?