Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I understand why they would release tbc again, it was much different than classic with a completely new playstyle which was also fun but anything else more than this and I will be like WTF, it will be the first company releasing all their games for a second time. It will be total madness imo living the same cycle again.
    If they make money on TBC, they obviously made revenue off Classic then why would they not re-release more content?
    It would be madness not to.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by angrydave View Post
    Listen here Aizen mate, I'm sick and tired of twats like you slurring your utterly irrelevant opinions on these forums when clearly everyone isn't AIZEN. This is NOT World of Aizen right mate and if you think you're gonna stop me from sailing to Northrend, assaulting the shores and marching upon Icecrown merely to cry over an enemies death you're out of your mind. Have a fucking cuppa and sit down lad.

Rant over.
    Quote Originally Posted by angrydave View Post
    I'm killing that bloody dragon. Piss off lad will ya.

-angrydave
    this guy gives me "pretending to be british" vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    This happened in Cata, not WOTLK.

This happened in WOTLK, not TBC.

Irony detected
    That was wonderful.

"Guys wrath was terrible and the pvp sucked, I remember back when it was good and had iconic moments such as..." (Insert something that happened in wotlk here)

3+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I would play all WoW expansions up until Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    World of Warcraft Classic: The Burning Crusade is how I think of it.

Because it's under the Classic brand. But you're not here for actual arguments. You gave yourself away with "it looks more like a circle." What is that even supposed to mean? It's a god damn sentence.
    I think he realized what he was saying was dumb awhile ago so he turned to trolling to save face

I can see the "Classic" experience going as far as WOTLK, but no further than that.

The curious thing is knowing if they'll go all the way to WOTLK, and if they'll 'reboot' the experience (fresh Classic -> TBC -> WOTLK) after the first cycle or just call it quits.

I can see a healthy population on every segment, but Classic\Vanilla will always have the most dedicated playerbase, so i'm curious to see how it'll go.

I just want to spam Divine Storm again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Really the best option is to make a fork of WoW off vanilla instead of BC. Do a new story featuring more minor foes instead of constant world-ending threats. Learn why retail went south and take the correct approach.
    This is such an interesting idea, I dig! I had always thought that Blizzard could tell a better story by leveraging more minor story lines and stop trivializing major bosses.

-----

That said, I think classic WoW will be the height of classic. Realistically, does anyone think that more people will come back to play through the next 2 expansions if they didn't come back to classic? I had the itch to return to classic, because I didn't raid during the MC/BWL era, but got into the hardcore raid scene between AQ and DS. I ultimately decided not to b/c I couldn't fathom having to do it all over, let alone ever going back into Sunwell or ICC from scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Because it completely destroyed systems they had built up over the previous 3 versions of the game.

Old world gone, 25 man guilds were dying in droves in favor of 10 mans, and 10 man casual raiding that had developed during TBC and expanded on in Wrath all were cut off at the knees.

LFR, which was originally an MoP system, was pushed into Cata because they had completely destroyed the feeder system of casual raid guilds that had always existed. LFR exists because of some of the stupid decisions they made in Cata and then doubled down on later.
    25 man guilds dying was a good thing imho, way more enjoyable to raid with a close-knit group of 10 people. Cata was the best expansion for me for exactly those reasons. Nicely tuned PvE content and the ability to raid with my friends, without needing to invite randoms.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    I dont think TBC will see the same success that the classic release did, it was just nowhere near as good.

Wrath could possibly work.
    TBC was the best part of WoW. It was a combination of classic and an expansion.
    WotLK was part of the new wow already, even though it was amazing and fun, but it was already a "different" game.

Feel like you completely missed the point of what I said and poorly phrased your own ideas in a way that makes no sense to anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    not for priests, I played a priest throughout and that chakra system was 100% shit. its no wonder it got changed/removed. basically turned priests into warriors with stances. aoe healing stance/ single target stance / dps stance. it was just terrible for a healer. you either spent most of your time in your single target stance (and didn't bother changing at all) or needing to swap stances to aoe heal. pfft. its just extra GCD's. for very little gain. it didn't add anything to the class and it just made what you did naturally prior to that system require more steps/more button presses to achieve the same thing you did before chakras were added.
    IDK, did not really play that much. All I know Disc priests were damn OP.

Quote Originally Posted by cj2k4c View Post
    That said, I think classic WoW will be the height of classic. Realistically, does anyone think that more people will come back to play through the next 2 expansions if they didn't come back to classic? I had the itch to return to classic, because I didn't raid during the MC/BWL era, but got into the hardcore raid scene between AQ and DS. I ultimately decided not to b/c I couldn't fathom having to do it all over, let alone ever going back into Sunwell or ICC from scratch again.
    Some would. There's no accurate way to tell how many, but I'm sure classic TBC/WOTLK would bring players from pservers.
    Last edited by Sardoc; 2020-05-12 at 10:21 AM.

Ion Hazzikostas started working for Blizzard after WOTLK; so maybe stop there then. First three expansions are the vanilla experience, and the rest is timed retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurrelurre View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas started working for Blizzard after WOTLK; so maybe stop there then. First three expansions are the vanilla experience, and the rest is timed retail.
    He started working at Blizzard in the end of TBC. Not after WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I can see a healthy population on every segment, but Classic\Vanilla will always have the most dedicated playerbase, so i'm curious to see how it'll go.
    How do you make that out? I'm pretty sure TBC private servers had way more players than Vanilla, and that's really the only way to measure the "dedication" of players until TBC re-releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    How do you make that out? I'm pretty sure TBC private servers had way more players than Vanilla, and that's really the only way to measure the "dedication" of players until TBC re-releases.
    The fact that the most popular private servers were "Vanilla". How many vanilla private servers there were. The biggest communities and the actual force pushing for 'classic' were from... vanilla private servers, etc etc.

Sure, TBC is also well liked, and is my favorite, but i would say the most dedicated playerbase is from vanilla private servers, the cheer amount of 'cycles' those dudes do on every private server is absolutely astonishing.

And honestly, from a personal standpoint, i don't think i ever heard about more than 1 or 2 TBC servers, and they never lasted, whereas vanilla ones were massively popular, like Nostalrius and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The fact that the most popular private servers were "Vanilla". How many vanilla private servers there were. The biggest communities and the actual force pushing for 'classic' were from... vanilla private servers, etc etc.

Sure, TBC is also well liked, and is my favorite, but i would say the most dedicated playerbase is from vanilla private servers, the cheer amount of 'cycles' those dudes do on every private server is absolutely astonishing.

And honestly, from a personal standpoint, i don't think i ever heard about more than 1 or 2 TBC servers, and they never lasted, whereas vanilla ones were massively popular, like Nostalrius and the likes.
    Just throwing this out here, the most 'dedicated' and the 'largest' private server community was not vanilla. It is and always has been wotlk. There are wotlk servers that have been at capacity for years and years and years. Nostalrious lasted for about a year before it was shut down. And it held about the same amount of people as one of these wotlk servers that have been up since 2012 for some of them.

TBC also has massive releases, the issue is that almost every single tbc server just sucks. They are all buggy as fuck, they all turn into cash cows letting you buy warglaives, the servers themselves just turn into trash.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think they will do TBC servers, and WotLK, I can't see them doing more after that, But time will tell!

Considering the initial rumors that classic was going to be released as a trilogy of vanilla, tbc, then Wotlk... I’d say it’s more than likely, it’s guaranteed

It’s free money for blizzard, as they don’t have to do much work at all for tbc and wotlk to get them running since they have all the data (unlike classic which had to be rebuilt)