7+ Year Old Account
    If anyone interested about prof changes:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh nice, Alchemists can now craft a chest enchant that extends flask duration. May move away from my trusted alchemy I kept since WotlK.
    Finally, an Improved Death enchant.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    ION said 2 weeks ago that maw coming out in the next two weeks. The second week has gone, where announcement and release maw?
    Didn't he say the next few weeks and not two?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Plans change.
    Oribos was meant to be out in april, but clearly they weren't finished yet.
    I wonder if they heard feedback about players not liking it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll guess next build they do.
    Im assuming the next build is going to be pretty big. Maldraxxus, a dungeon, and Oribos? A few more Torghast classes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The helmet falls off, and it's Asmongold.
    Hey yall what's up, it's your boy Asmongold back at it again with a new Legendary item.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    One of the oldest pieces of art for Draenei shows them in gear that is neither overtly priestly or paladinic

These could be simple people, not priests.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Morgan Day has just said they're exploring an additional mode for Torghast that's effectively the Mage Tower 2 with cosmetic rewards and possibly no limits to replay-ability. They've based this on alpha feedback. Still working out the details. DAYM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope there are more ways to obtain legendary template items than just through professions.
    I don't want to gush out several hundred thousand gold every time i have enough Torghast reagents to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder if they heard feedback about players not liking it?
    Eh, doubt they are gonna do any significant changes.
    From the looks of it, the structure itself is pretty much done.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-05-12 at 08:20 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

One of the oldest pieces of art for Draenei shows them in gear that is neither overtly priestly or paladinic
    You know, that would make some good heritage armor. I haven't really been looking forward to draenei heritage armor because they're one of the races that we've actually gotten a lot of armor themes from.

However, this would distinguish them from both existing armor sets and the Lightforged draenei, while also playing up their distinction as more humble exiles.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think these concept arts are outdated. We go to Draenor, and we see plenty of plates and whatnot. Is there actually ANY draenei shaman around there, because these sets would fit them nicely? Like, I know that Nobundo became one after that fel gas severed his connection to the Light.

"Denathrius in Castle Nathria will be a fight that takes place on multiple floors, probably falling between them and taking advantage of the environment."

Yisss! Blackhand vibes all over!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-05-12 at 08:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Seems like Blizzard wants to shorten the gulf between affixes being the make or break between different dungeons. Hopefully that means the removal of Fortified and Tyrannical, neither are very interesting and both essentially work as a toggle between the dungeons with difficult trash and the dungeons with difficult bosses. Like the difference between, like the difference between upper and lower Karazhan in Legion.

On that line of thought. I cannot be the only one desperately hoping for the removal of Bursting and Bolstering. Both are horribly unfun, Bolstering especially punishing players for making use of their AoE in timed content, as well as simply being annoying whenever the dungeon has large packs of weak enemies next to regualr ones, or worse, minibosses.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Build confirmed for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    On that line of thought. I cannot be the only one desperately hoping for the removal of Bursting and Bolstering. Both are horribly unfun, Bolstering especially punishing players for making use of their AoE in timed content, as well as simply being annoying whenever the dungeon has large packs of weak enemies next to regualr ones, or worse, minibosses.
    Disagree. Bursting is one of the easiest affixes, provided you don't prolong the dot, and Bolstering prevents you from mindlessly AoEing. It actually forces you to single out highest HP mobs. And if pugs can't grasp the concept? Tough shit. Ultimately, all of the affixes are designed to be "unfun". If they are fun, then they are not the obstacles they are supposed to be.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-05-12 at 08:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Morgan Day interviewed by Preach right now and he (Morgan) confirmed there's a roadmap for putting stuff out on the alpha. I'm happy since that pretty much means we may be getting something each week!

I think these concept arts are outdated. We go to Draenor, and we see plenty of plates and whatnot. Is there actually ANY draenei shaman around there, because these sets would fit them nicely? Like, I know that Nobundo became one after that fel gas severed his connection to the Light.
    Now that you mention it, it's funny.

It's almost like Blizzard chose Draenei to pair with Blood Elves due to wanting Shaman and Paladin to cross the faction barrier, but before they decided to retcon the ugly, 'savage' draenei into the eredar. Once they did, however, the draenei became these Light-worshipping warriors, to contrast their demonic brethren, with nary a shaman in sight, and it's almost like they realized that at the last second, said 'oops', and quickly invented Nobundo and his story in order to justify the reason they probably picked draenei to begin with.

I think you could still justify the old concept art though, and I think it would in fact help better bridge that gap. Play them up more as the desperate, world-wandering exiles they've spent most of the last 25,000 years being, regardless of class.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2020-05-12 at 08:56 PM.

Build confirmed for tomorrow!

Disagree. Bursting is one of the easiest affixes, provided you don't prolong the dot, and Bolstering prevents you from mindlessly AoEing. It actually forces you to single out highest HP mobs. And if pugs can't grasp the concept? Tough shit. Ultimately, all of the affixes are designed to be "unfun". If they are fun, then they are not the obstacles they are supposed to be.
    I would argue that affixes like the season reaping affix could be fun. But yes, not that affixes have to be "fun", but what they should absolutely avoid is being frustrating when there is no good workaround that runs contrary to the what you would generally expect from a dungeon.

Take explosive for instance. It can be annoying, but its inclusion does present interesting implications for a dungeon run. Do you go slow and be safe? Or do you pull large groups and have someone dedicated to destroying the explosive orbs.
    Necrotic is also one that has interesting implications for a run. You could either pull small groups, or you could pull large groups, and use a combination of tank movement and slow abilities to negate the negative effects of the ability.

For Bolstering there is no such workaround, you have pretty much no option but going slow, whether that means against a group of 2 adds and a large add, or 10 tiny adds and a regular mob.

And of course this is even worse for Fortified and Tyrannical. You just have to suck it up, and if it is Tyrannical and you have a key with difficult bosses then there isnt much point in even trying, knowing the boss will be more hassle than it could ever be worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Now that you mention it, it's funny.

It's almost like Blizzard chose Draenei to pair with Blood Elves due to wanting Shaman and Paladin to cross the faction barrier, but before they decided to retcon the ugly, 'savage' draenei into the eredar. Once they did, however, the draenei became these Light-worshipping warriors, to contrast their demonic brethren, with nary a shaman in sight, and it's almost like they realized that at the last second, said 'oops', and quickly invented Nobundo and his story in order to justify the reason they probably picked draenei to begin with.

I think you could still justify the old concept art though, and I think it would in fact help better bridge that gap. Play them up more as the desperate, world-wandering exiles they've spent most of the last 25,000 years being, regardless of class.
    If Blizzard specifically wants that concept to be the basis for a heritage set then they could just as easily handwave it as what the Draenei wore on Argus.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Shadow. Looks like one of their last things on the priority list.
    Enjoy 5% DPS increase in 9.1 patch i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Honestly, the fact that it isnt available yet is probably the best possible outcome those who enjoy that spec could ask for, that means Blizzard is working on something with it.
    What is a more damning sign is when you get it with all talents instantly, as that usually means Blizzard doesnt intend to work much more on it beyond balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Didn't he say the next few weeks and not two?
    Im assuming the next build is going to be pretty big. Maldraxxus, a dungeon, and Oribos? A few more Torghast classes?
    Based on this from today's interview:
    In tomorrow's build, almost all of the Covenant abilities will be available in Torghast. This ability will change every day, so even though those zones aren't done, you'll be able to test the Covenant ability. Paladin and Rogue won't be there.

It looks like DK, Hunter and Monk will be added. That leaves Paladin and Rogue for last.

Also rotating through the Covenant ability we get will be nice as that will allow us to work with the abilities from Ardenweald, Revendreth and Maldraxxus and not just the Bastion one.
    Signature by Caerule

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    They said they want to get the power systems up before they relook at classes. They acknowledged its a problem. Lets see what happens. I understand the pessimism with the last alpha/beta, but lets wait until beta before we start nerdraging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freernnur5 View Post
    Based on this from today's interview:
    In tomorrow's build, almost all of the Covenant abilities will be available in Torghast. This ability will change every day, so even though those zones aren't done, you'll be able to test the Covenant ability. Paladin and Rogue won't be there.

It looks like DK, Hunter and Monk will be added. That leaves Paladin and Rogue for last.

Also rotating through the Covenant ability we get will be nice as that will allow us to work with the abilities from Ardenweald, Revendreth and Maldraxxus and not just the Bastion one.
    Yeah, they might just have Oribos and the Torghast stuff in tomorrows build?

Oribos is definitely not getting changed because nobody's going to unsub over "wtf it's not a real city".

It makes sense that it's a shrine-style hub if the real hubs you're using are the covenant ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Oribos is definitely not getting changed because nobody's going to unsub over "wtf it's not a real city".

It makes sense that it's a shrine-style hub if the real hubs you're using are the covenant ones.
    I'm bout to snipe people's auctions from the afterlife, get got goblins!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

If people survived MoP and the amazingly dull bundles of convenience that were teh interchangeable shrines then I think they can survive Oribos. Especially if we assume Blizzard is intending the player to spend most of their time in the Covenant area like what waas the case with Dalaran and the Order halls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I'm bout to snipe people's auctions from the afterlife, get got goblins!
    Why snipe them from a city when you can just use the Caravan Brutosaur.