Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The difference in taste between "fresh" produce and canned is literally the freaking salt the canned produce is preserved in lmao.
    Well, and the fact that the canning process cooks the food being canned. You can get no salt added canned food and it still tastes different.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, and the fact that the canning process cooks the food being canned. You can get no salt added canned food and it still tastes different.
    If there is no salt added then there is another preservative that will effect the taste. If you peel a tomato, stick it in a heavy salt mixture it will literally look and taste like a canned tomato in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Yeah, which definitely changes the taste even when you cook fresh food - as the way they cook and prepare it isn't the way you can do it yourself. It's similar, ofc, but people sometimes just can't stand the canned taste. Me - I like both, and choose whatever is cheaper or if I really want a better tasting (personally) meal.

And if you meant 30FPS - don't worry, they definitely have a good reason to. The longer developers and console manufacturers have to start touting and advertising 120 FPS and 8K and... etc. the better. It's easier for a dad to notice the difference between 1440p '4k' on current hardware and (Probably) actual (or close to it) 4k on the new hardware with the same FPS.

But we now have raytracing with Nvidia so... We may end up seeing that shit as a marketing scheme to keep things slowed down.
    Well, when it comes to OVER 60fps, I wonder how many tvs actually process over 60fps. You're more likely to have a 4k tv than a 120hz tv, i think anyway, I don't really pay attention to tvs (hell, i play my ps4 on my computer monitor)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Because when you’re playing a video game for the relaxation and enjoyment of it (majority of people who play games), versus being 100% maximum sweat need to turn camera at light speed, 30 FPS is perfectly playable.
    30 fps is tottaly NOT playable,but the thing is,these games on consoles do some tricky stuff to make those 30 fps not REALLY feel like 30 fps,if they felt like actual 30 fps the console market would proly go bankrupt,even when games dip to 50 fps it feels out of place for me,and its not about ''100% max sweat camera turn at light speed'',30 fps feels like a dead snail,60 fps is just bare minimum normal feel...people need to stop being ok with these low expectations

You say it like there is a choice.

And it’s not something that is displayed on the console or in the game.

Plus how are you gonna sell better consoles with just better frame rates to the general public? You’d have a way easier time selling by cranking up the graphics.

I’d guess most people probably just subconsciously notice that some games are a little choppier than others with no real thought beyond that.

But honestly, what are they gonna do? It’s not like there are lots of console customization options. And not everyone wants or can afford a gaming computer.

I guess you could also say they’re addressing the problem with next gen consoles.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-05-13 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown03SVT View Post
    Honestly 30fps is perfectly playable, and when you’re in the middle of it the last thing you’re thinking about (at least for me), is oh my god what is my fps? I never base my gaming experience on frame rates.
    you dont have to think about the fps,the problem comes with feeling it,ofc people who only play 30 fps likely dont care as they dont know any better,and console do some tricks to make those 30 fps not actualy feel like 30 fps,its not like a pc game suddenly droping to 30 fps,it feels smoother on consoles

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    30 fps is tottaly NOT playable,but the thing is,these games on consoles do some tricky stuff to make those 30 fps not REALLY feel like 30 fps,if they felt like actual 30 fps the console market would proly go bankrupt,even when games dip to 50 fps it feels out of place for me,and its not about ''100% max sweat camera turn at light speed'',30 fps feels like a dead snail,60 fps is just bare minimum normal feel...people need to stop being ok with these low expectations
    By "tricky stuff" you mean proper frame pacing. When you lock a PC game to 30 fps almost none of them produce proper frame pacing which leads to uneven frame timing and it feeling janky. It's not so much "tricky stuff" as it is developers aren't bothered to even try on PC and just assume you will brute force fps. There are some console games that also have shitty frame pacing and the result is usually people thinking they drop below 30 fps even when they don't.

Well, when it comes to OVER 60fps, I wonder how many tvs actually process over 60fps. You're more likely to have a 4k tv than a 120hz tv, i think anyway, I don't really pay attention to tvs (hell, i play my ps4 on my computer monitor)
    I wonder how many TVs people own right now are actually 4K. Same difference, honestly - it's tech that easily a good chunk of the users who buy these things don't even have - and sometimes will still get it and use it despite it not really looking that much different. I mean yeah, 4k downscaled to a 1080p monitor will look clearer than a 1080p native resolution, but it isn't anywhere as good as even 1440p.

By "tricky stuff" you mean proper frame pacing. When you lock a PC game to 30 fps almost none of them produce proper frame pacing which leads to uneven frame timing and it feeling janky. It's not so much "tricky stuff" as it is developers aren't bothered to even try on PC and just assume you will brute force fps. There are some console games that also have shitty frame pacing and the result is usually people thinking they drop below 30 fps even when they don't.
    also mouse acceleration helps on pc make 30 fps feel better,its the abrupt mouse movement that makes low fps feel janky as well

I wonder how many TVs people own right now are actually 4K. Same difference, honestly - it's tech that easily a good chunk of the users who buy these things don't even have - and sometimes will still get it and use it despite it not really looking that much different. I mean yeah, 4k downscaled to a 1080p monitor will look clearer than a 1080p native resolution, but it isn't anywhere as good as even 1440p.
    I think 4k actually has a pretty high adoption rate, I could be wrong, but 4k tvs are so cheap now.

Edit: According to a quick search, 31% of households have a 4k tv, I assume those who have a console are more likely to have one.

If you bought a new TV in the last 3-4 years you almost certainly have a 4k TV. If not, when you buy a new TV you will almost certainly have a 4k TV. They are literally dirt cheap now and not like you save any money by going 1080p(not even sure what company is still producing 1080p TVs).

I think 4k actually has a pretty high adoption rate, I could be wrong, but 4k tvs are so cheap now.

Edit: According to a quick search, 31% of households have a 4k tv, I assume those who have a console are more likely to have one.
    It's getting there, and I'm sure by about 2022 and 2024 it'll get close to 1080p or surpass it. Including monitors, and not just TVs. But we definitely aren't there for where the common person has a 4k like they do 1080p right now.

If you bought a new TV in the last 3-4 years you almost certainly have a 4k TV. If not, when you buy a new TV you will almost certainly have a 4k TV. They are literally dirt cheap now and not like you save any money by going 1080p(not even sure what company is still producing 1080p TVs).
    You most certainly do not have a 4K. People aren't smart and will buy a big ass TV and not even realize it's only 1080p, or fuck - even 720p. I've seen 720p and 1080p TVs being sold at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. and for cheaper than the 4K variants. Anecdotal, of course.

You most certainly do not have a 4K. People aren't smart and will buy a big ass TV and not even realize it's only 1080p, or fuck - even 720p. I've seen 720p and 1080p TVs being sold at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. and for cheaper than the 4K variants. Anecdotal, of course.
    Even the cheap ass knock offs they make only for black friday these days are 4k. I highly doubt anyone is buying a 1080p TV, those things are just old stock rotting in the stores until they eventually throw them away.

When you can get a brand name 4K tv in the 40+ inch range for sub $300 who in the actual fuck is buying a 1080p tv for the same price?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new consoles are all about load times (which are said to be significantly faster) and 4k.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The new consoles are all about load times (which are said to be significantly faster) and 4k.
    Not just load times in the sense of the loading screen either, but in how fast data can be streamed into the game. Say goodbye to shitty tight corridor walks to mask loading or speed being artificially capped in games like Spider-Man.

Even the cheap ass knock offs they make only for black friday these days are 4k. I highly doubt anyone is buying a 1080p TV, those things are just old stock rotting in the stores until they eventually throw them away.

When you can get a brand name 4K tv in the 40+ inch range for sub $300 who in the actual fuck is buying a 1080p tv for the same price?
    Because a lot of times they aren't the same price? Not everyone goes online to buy these things, and often enough the in-store price is cheaper when compared to the 4K versions. Old stock - sure, obviously. But that doesn't stop people from buying these things, years ago or today. It's less, and just like 1080p before it, it'll eventually go away and no one will own 1080p. But for now, we're still in the in-between phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's getting there, and I'm sure by about 2022 and 2024 it'll get close to 1080p or surpass it. Including monitors, and not just TVs. But we definitely aren't there for where the common person has a 4k like they do 1080p right now.

Pretty much all the retailers in my area still sell 720p (gag) and 1080p TVs. Quite cheap as you said, I could see a parent getting one for like, a young kid's first console or something.

Even sites like PCGamer and IGN/deals commonly link to 1080p displays on sale and such.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because a lot of times they aren't the same price? Not everyone goes online to buy these things, and often enough the in-store price is cheaper when compared to the 4K versions. Old stock - sure, obviously. But that doesn't stop people from buying these things, years ago or today. It's less, and just like 1080p before it, it'll eventually go away and no one will own 1080p. But for now, we're still in the in-between phase.
    We where in the "in between" phase 3-4 years ago mate, sorry you missed the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much all the retailers in my area still sell 720p (gag) and 1080p TVs. Quite cheap as you said, I could see a parent getting one for like, a young kid's first console or something.

Even sites like PCGamer and IGN/deals commonly link to 1080p displays on sale and such.
    Yeah, exactly. Online it's a no brainer - you buy 1440p or 4k, as both are basically the same price as their equivalents; sometimes a 1080p screen is like $20 - $50 cheaper so I can see if someone is really poor they'd opt for it. But IRL, the cost differences tend to be wider than that, at least in my case. Not everyone has the luxury of a Microcenter and such and get stuck with Wal-Mart and other stores like it.

We where in the "in between" phase 3-4 years ago mate, sorry you missed the memo.

Pretty sure we did not have 50% adoption rate of 4K TVs in 2016 / 17. You're more than welcome to provide that data, but everything I've seen online data wise says otherwise. We're finally hitting that threshold like 720p into 1080p did.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2020-05-13 at 03:19 AM.

Yeah, exactly. Online it's a no brainer - you buy 1440p or 4k, as both are basically the same price as their equivalents; sometimes a 1080p screen is like $20 - $50 cheaper so I can see if someone is really poor they'd opt for it. But IRL, the cost differences tend to be wider than that, at least in my case. Not everyone has the luxury of a Microcenter and such and get stuck with Wal-Mart and other stores like it.
    Walmart doesn't even have 1080p TVs on display anymore except for tiny ass ones for a kids room. Anything 40 inch and above is pure 4k. I seriously question when was the last time you actually stepped foot in a walmart, I know they're scary but it appears it's been years mate.