Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Spoiler] Jailer, Arbiter and Rune Sage found on live alpha servers

So in a recent alpha exploration incursion I found the three of them, here are some screen caps and the clips of when I found them:

The Arbiter:
    https://i.gyazo.com/0990e9f0e9c1b371...ec76450ba4.jpg
    https://www.twitch.tv/raevencca/clip...e=7d&sort=time

The Jailer:
    https://i.gyazo.com/0d5eeef2e1851bda...fa952460cd.png

Rune Sage:
    https://i.gyazo.com/484ddf28afc42f0b...e5a7c35873.jpg

Some people on the discords specialized in these things accused me of spawning them in in a sandbox, hence the third screenshot with full UI (and everything was done on stream anyways)

Jailer looks cool and I hope he'll be worthy villain.

If Sylvanas is going to take his place as a jailer of Shadowland or the last boss of BFA im losing my shit.

damn, Arbiter is HUGE asf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

The Jailer looks much better with those flashing runes.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    While I still prefer the "old" Jailer model (the one from the leak) the glowing runes on this model does make him look dope.

the jailer looks like your generic buff bald muscle bad guy boss but still looks cool

I think it's funny how the Jailer is just randomly standing in the middle of nowhere for no real reason.

He's actually just under the place where they keeph the Rune Sage, exactly in the same spot

So the arbiter is a female!
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Jailer looks cool and I hope he'll be worthy villain.

If Sylvanas is going to take his place as a jailer of Shadowland or the last boss of BFA im losing my shit.
    last boss of BFA? did you miss the 8.3 raid? there wont be any more raids after that one

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    last boss of BFA? did you miss the 8.3 raid? there wont be any more raids after that one
    *SL, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    It was known for a few months already... she had tits since they datamined her model.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-05-13 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    IIRC she was referred to as female at Blizzcon, so it's not a huge surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    IIRC she was referred to as female at Blizzcon, so it's not a huge surprise.
    Yup. The thing that strikes me is her pose. Whether it's a placeholder animation or not, she seems... Depressed, sick or... Dying?
    She has full animation if you look closely on the clip, even her clothes float around.
    Last edited by illander; 2020-05-13 at 08:31 AM.

The way they made the Jailer look makes me hope that we don't actually get to kill him in Shadowlands, but that he will be used as a villain for at least another expansion. Just seems a waste to make an "ultimate death guy", develop him a tiny bit, and then just kill him off. Won't really feel like a big accomplishment, imo.

I didn't know about the Rune Forger, assume he relates to the crafting legendary thing, but mother of fucking god his cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by illander View Post
    Yup. The thing that strikes me is her pose. Whether it's a placeholder animation or not, she seems... Depressed, sick or... Dying?
    She has full animation if you look closely on the clip, even her clothes float around.
    On the 9.0 general discussion the consensus seems to be that shes in a coma of sorts

Wtf is the rune sage anyway? Is that the smith guy for the legendaries? Is that supposed to be an iron mask kind of deal to bind him?

- - - Updated - - -

I think she looks like powered down, she seems to be a contruct of some sort, maybe she is offline/power saving mode.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wtf is the rune sage anyway? Is that the smith guy for the legendaries? Is that supposed to be an iron mask kind of deal to bind him?

- - - Updated - - -

I think she looks like powered down, she seems to be a contruct of some sort, maybe she is offline/power saving mode.
    The Rune Sage is the man who we assume made the Crown of the Lich King himself. It seems that we will free him from Torghast where he is somehow imprisoned, and he will help us fight the Jailer making us our new shiny legendaries. Maybe as a revenge?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ye, he's the one that does the legendaries and tends to the Forge of Domination.

He forged Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Rune Sage is the man who we assume made the Crown of the Lich King himself. It seems that we will free him from Torghast where he is somehow imprisoned, and he will help us fight the Jailer making us our new shiny legendaries. Maybe as a revenge?
    Does that mean he also carved the runes into the Jailer? What would that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Does that mean he also carved the runes into the Jailer? What would that mean?
    That would be very interesting to explore in Shadowlands indeed. We can just wonder what kind of cosmologic lore Blizzard wants to tell in this expansion! I try to have realistic expectations and not overhype myself as I did before ALL bad expansions, but the initial lore for SL seems pretty solid and makes you question a lot of things - and that is refreshing as in BfA I was completely uninterested in anything besides Uldir.