Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are orcs really not getting Dragonmaw skins?

I know it's just alpha, but I don't understand why trolls are already getting sand trolls skins and orcs don't have a proper Dragonmaw skin yet...

Blizzard, please, don't fail on this. It's one of the coolest skins, I've always wanted to rol a Dragonmaw orc and since Shadowlands was announced, I dreamt about the chance to have it. Please...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    I know it's just alpha, but I don't understand why trolls are already getting sand trolls skins and orcs don't have a proper Dragonmaw skin yet...

Blizzard, please, don't fail on this. It's one of the coolest skins, I've always wanted to rol a Dragonmaw orc and since Shadowlands was announced, I dreamt about the chance to have it. Please...
    You know its just alpha, and yet you're still complaining and assuming.

How about instead, go post on the official forums that you'd like to see DM orcs as a customization. Ideally without the 'omg trolls already have their vaguely similar thing do orcs seriously not have this thing I think they should have???' noise.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Probably got screwed over because

A) Mag'har's entire schtick is "not green orcs"
    B) Dragonmaw have glowing eyes for whatever reason

Which means they couldn't get lumped in with either Mag'har or Green Orcs, promptly making them perma-NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Yeah this was really disappointing for me too. It feels kinda stupid that some races get something transformative (Black/Asian for Humans, other troll tribes, ect) while some get... a few scars, and some vaguely different skin colors and some new hair options. It feels like some races are getting much more attention than others, but I suppose we'll see what the future brings. I really hope we get Dragonmaw too though, I've always wanted to play one :/
    "and instead of expressing that in a way/place that matters, I too will assume we won't get them and complain about how much subjectively better the other races' options are."

insertfacepalmgifhere.gif
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-14 at 12:26 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You know its just alpha, and yet you're still complaining and assuming.

How about instead, go post on the official forums that you'd like to see DM orcs as a customization. Ideally without the 'omg trolls already have their vaguely similar thing do orcs seriously not have this thing I think they should have???' noise.
    You'd better say your point of view without being such a d*ckhead. Your post makes more "noise" than mine. But don't worry, I forgive you; dealing with yourself must be hard.
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-05-14 at 12:40 AM.

I'd prefer Shattered Hand Orc skins myself with the hair style.

I want Dragonmaw real bad as well, but as it is right now, its Alpha, there's plenty more builds coming. If Shadowlands launches and no Dragonmaw... well...we eat the rich.

can someone explain me what is dragonmaw orc skin and how it must be different from any other green orc since all of them used that sweet juice called "blood of mannoroth" or were around fel users during draenor?

7+ Year Old Account
    WELL, honestly I don't think we are going to get them...the Dragonmaw didn't exist at the point in time we went to AU Draenor had our time shenanigans there, so the Mag'har wouldn't be able to have that customization or not for a justifiable reason anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Probably got screwed over because
    A) Mag'har's entire schtick is "not green orcs"
    And very much this for our Corrupted Orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    can someone explain me what is dragonmaw orc skin and how it must be different from any other green orc since all of them used that sweet juice called "blood of mannoroth" or were around fel users during draenor?
    They're grey like the Blackrock or shattered hand clan and apparently (I didn't know this) have glowing yellow eyes (sometimes).

The mag'har can be close but I assume OP wants the eyes.

The Dragonmaw Clan (of Azeroth) has been characterized as having grey skin and yellow eyes since Cataclysm. Visit the Twilight Highlands, or run Siege of Orgrimmar, and you'll see plenty of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Sorry that contributing to a FORUM DISCUSSION about a game on a FORUM DEDICATED TO THE GAME is apparently offensive to you? Amazing that you interject words like 'complain' to describe what I said, all the while ignoring your own painful whining. Don't like the thread then bugger off.
    The point stands: if you'd like to see a specific customization, take the time/effort you spent assuming/complaining that you aren't going to get it, and instead start a discussion on the official forums to request it. Or don't, I don't really care either way.

Things that I have asked for (like cog earrings for gnomes) have shown up as customizations in recent builds, so there is at least some chance that they are listening to people's feedback about what kind of customizations to give us.

Complaining about how much better other races have it, without knowing what the final lineup of options is, is useless feedback.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-05-14 at 02:54 AM.

yeah dragonmaw orcs have been part of the horde since cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The Dragonmaw Clan (of Azeroth) has been characterized as having grey skin and yellow eyes since Cataclysm. Visit the Twilight Highlands, or run Siege of Orgrimmar, and you'll see plenty of them.
    so that mean that blizzard fucked up their lore in cata since Dragonmaw CAN'T have any way with grey skin?

and yes i played during cata, and still want explanation how exactly dragonmaw must be different from normal green orcs (and glowing eyes is just BIG PROBLEM, since orcs never had them), since no explanation given ever

We definitely need to see Dragonmaw skins later in the alpha.

Also, if trolls are getting a sand troll skin, then we need a forest troll skin.

I think they might be timid to add anything after twitter determined that orcs are racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'd prefer Shattered Hand Orc skins myself with the hair style.

Oh no.... It's Kylo Ren...

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    yeah dragonmaw orcs have been part of the horde since cataclysm.
    Right up till end of MoP when they sided with Garrosh. :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Didnt we "extinct" them after SoO? Like i remember seeing Zaela on Blackrock WoD dun and that was the end of them. Unless there is a certain npc that appeared saying hey yeah Dragonmaw we are Horde friends again rigth? Garros? pff it wasnt my friend.

so that mean that blizzard fucked up their lore in cata since Dragonmaw CAN'T have any way with grey skin?

and yes i played during cata, and still want explanation how exactly dragonmaw must be different from normal green orcs (and glowing eyes is just BIG PROBLEM, since orcs never had them), since no explanation given ever
    It's almost certainly a retcon.

It's not impossible for an orc to have avoided fel corruption (or else the Mag'har on Outland would be green) but Blizzard has generally been inconsistent on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Didnt we "extinct" them after SoO? Like i remember seeing Zaela on Blackrock WoD dun and that was the end of them. Unless there is a certain npc that appeared saying hey yeah Dragonmaw we are Horde friends again rigth? Garros? pff it wasnt my friend.
    There is at least one, Gorfax, that makes an appearance at the prestige ceremony in Legion (despite the fact that he appears to have died in Cataclysm).
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2020-05-14 at 05:20 AM.