10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsi2024 View Post
    I don’t think you understand the game that’s being played in America.
    Bullshit alert activated...

The Republicans are supposed to be the party that gives the wealthy everything they want on a silver platter. However, the wealthy know that the political process must be democratic, or else the population would eventually revolt, so they create a two-party political system where one party gives them everything they want, while the other party advertises themselves as being the “resistance,” with them throwing a bone to the masses every now and then while never wanting to introduce large structural changes that could actually hurt the wealthy and bring major benefits to the masses. The pro-wealthy party acts like racist assholes so that the other party can frame themselves as the champions of minorities (while never doing anything that actually helps them) and thus gain overwhelming support from minorities.
    Now... read the above, but pretend you are a lunatic on a street corner, screaming this. It’s so ludicrous, Southpark made fun of you:

https://southpark.cc.com/clips/20973...b-in-the-world
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re right, being only slightly better is in fact not them being the same. You totally understood my point
    Great, then you agree we can call people who claim they are the same as liars. Welcome aboard.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I don’t think you understand the game that’s being played in America. The Republicans are supposed to be the party that gives the wealthy everything they want on a silver platter. However, the wealthy know that the political process must be democratic, or else the population would eventually revolt, so they create a two-party political system where one party gives them everything they want, while the other party advertises themselves as being the “resistance,” with them throwing a bone to the masses every now and then while never wanting to introduce large structural changes that could actually hurt the wealthy and bring major benefits to the masses. The pro-wealthy party acts like racist assholes so that the other party can frame themselves as the champions of minorities (while never doing anything that actually helps them) and thus gain overwhelming support from minorities.
    Well those are becoming outdated stereotypes in America.

In 2016, if you didn't have a college education, you voted Trump. If you did, you voted Hillary. You don't really understand how shocking that is. That upsets the entire social order of 20th century politics. The GOP is slowly morphing into the party that champions the poor, and the democratic party is slowly morphing into the party of rich corporate elites. Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. are all turning GOP because poor people are shifting to the GOP. Its quite fascinating to watch.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

In 2016, if you didn't have a college education, you voted Trump. If you did, you voted Hillary. You don't really understand how shocking that is. That upsets the entire social order of 20th century politics. The GOP is slowly morphing into the party that champions the poor, and the democratic party is slowly morphing into the party of rich corporate elites. Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. are all turning GOP because poor people are shifting to the GOP. Its quite fascinating to watch.
    That’s not why educated people voted for Hillary. What the hell has Trump done for the poor, a 15% tax cut for the rich and gutting ACA?

Please, go ahead and list what these things Trump is doing for the poor actually are. There were 3 million more Americans who voted Hillary...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is slowly morphing into the party that champions the poor, and the democratic party is slowly morphing into the party of rich corporate elites.
    The sad thing is I suspect you actually believe that.

Of course you also believe civil war is about to break out so....your view of reality is a little suspect.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans flipped California - 25, the seat that Katie Hill had. The congresswoman congressional Dems under the bus because of their high standards. An election that should have never happened in the first place but one that should have easily been won.

The results of the election should be concerning. If the party does not shape up before November things will get worse.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s not why educated people voted for Hillary. What the hell has Trump done for the poor, a 15% tax cut for the rich and gutting ACA?

Please, go ahead and list what these things Trump is doing for the poor actually are. There were 3 million more Americans who voted Hillary...
    Trump is attempting to protect their culture. Trump's side paints the democrats as a group that will allow unfiltered immigration. They paint the democrats as a party that will insist the current population must change their ways and surrender their beliefs, their heroes, and their desires or they are racists, sexists, and nazis. They paint the democrats as a party that will shame them for just earning a living because meat is bad, fossil fuels are bad, cars are bad, having kids is bad, teaching your own kids is bad, so instead of earning a living sit at home, feel guilty and accept UBI. They paint the democrats as fascist dictators that want to control everything.

Trump offers border security and the opportunity to live your life how you want and earn money without guilt.

The Trump faction has successfully made the democratic party an unacceptable choice to the poor.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

Saying the GOP champions the poor is a stretch. They are good at placating the poor with small gestures while catering to the rich.

The Dems are bad at countering Republicans.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The GOP is slowly morphing into the party that champions the poor, and the democratic party is slowly morphing into the party of rich corporate elites.
    Imagine buying this Republican propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

I mean, that's what the GOP wants people to believe, but a casual glance at their policies and actions, even over the past 3 years alone, proves that it's a baldface lie.

Republican tax cut? Yeah, handout to the rich that exploded the deficit and debt, did fuckall for most normal folks.
    SNAP benefits? Yeah, they're trying to cut more poor people off from receiving them, even during a god-damned pandemic.
    Minimum wage? Yeah, last I checked it's Democrats pushing for a higher minimum wage and Republicans that are arguing to maintain the same one we've had for decades.

I could go on, but suffice to say that you shouldn't believe Republican propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is attempting to protect their culture.
    How does that help the poor?

Trump's side paints the democrats as a group that will allow unfiltered immigration.
    Yes, Trump is a long known con man and liar. 40 years of it...

They paint the democrats as a party that will insist the current population must change their ways and surrender their beliefs, their heroes, and their desires or they are racists, sexists, and nazis.
    How is marching and screaming “Jews will not replace us” help the poor?

They paint the democrats as a party that will shame them for just earning a living because meat is bad, fossil fuels are bad, cars are bad, having kids is bad, teaching your own kids is bad, so instead of earning a living sit at home, feel guilty and accept UBI.
    Again, 40 years of Trump ripping off the working man.

They paint the democrats as fascist dictators that want to control everything.
    So... Trump has done nothing to help the poor? Compelling argument you make there...

Trump offers border security and the opportunity to live your life how you want and earn money without guilt.
    How?

The Trump faction has successfully made the democratic party an unacceptable choice to the poor.
    By scamming them with fear? What?

How does that help the poor?
    Cultural ties are actually much more important to the poor than the rich. When you don't have money, at least you have your cultural identity to lift your spirits.

- - - Updated - - -

By scamming them with fear? What?
    Why are you trying to argue with me on this? This is reality, its what is actually happening. We're seeing the poor shift to the GOP and this is why. Go argue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Republicans flipped California - 25, the seat that Katie Hill had. The congresswoman congressional Dems under the bus because of their high standards. An election that should have never happened in the first place but one that should have easily been won.

The results of the election should be concerning. If the party does not shape up before November things will get worse.
    I mean, if you're gonna be casting stones here let's direct them to the right "targets".

I've not seen a lot evidence that Dem's "threw her under the bus", they announce a House ethics investigation, which is perfectly reasonable, but hadn't even begun yet. She faced public pressure from "both sides", but I'm struggling to turn up much in my searches about Democrats in the House pressuring her to resign. Most of the discussion on the topic? The double standard between her and Duncan Hunter, who was in far more trouble at the time and also facing and ethics investigation but remained in-office.

However, do you know what would have helped Smith "easily win"? Younger voters fucking voting. I'm trying to find full results, but if Abramson is right and 51% of older voters mailed in ballots while only 15% of younger voters did, then younger voters really can't fucking complain that a Republican won if they're not gonna show the fuck up - https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...12853792419840

The party was pushing. Sanders even endorsed her. And poking around the Sanders subs and the comments of his endorsement post, his followers did not seem remotely pleased that he endorsed Smith because I legit still don't know why but they're mad about something. I'm not blaming Sanders mind you, or even necessarily his supporters. But the younger vote (I still barely count in it) doesn't fucking vote and then takes the Twitter to post all the dank memes complaining about how bad politics is.

I'm getting sick and tired of it. Show the fuck up and vote, or I'm never gonna take you (the royal you) remotely seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Imagine buying this Republican propaganda hook, line, and sinker.

I mean, that's what the GOP wants people to believe, but a casual glance at their policies and actions, even over the past 3 years alone, proves that it's a baldface lie.

Republican tax cut? Yeah, handout to the rich that exploded the deficit and debt, did fuckall for most normal folks.
    SNAP benefits? Yeah, they're trying to cut more poor people off from receiving them, even during a god-damned pandemic.
    Minimum wage? Yeah, last I checked it's Democrats pushing for a higher minimum wage and Republicans that are arguing to maintain the same one we've had for decades.

I could go on, but suffice to say that you shouldn't believe Republican propaganda.
    Remember that these people fully believe this. They are in a cult, and should be treated as such.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

That district has been under Republican control since 1993, but sure spin it as it being flipped from blue to red.

It is a special election. Turnout is high for special election (148k total) but low when compared to 2018 mid-term (245k total) when Hill won the seat. Special election tends to favor GOP in California.

Case in point the current San Diego mayor, Kevin Faulconer (R). He won his seat during a special election in 2014 after Bob Filner (D) debacle. It was one of the lowest election turnout in the City's history. The population south of I-8 did not show up. This year we have two Democrats competing in November for the mayoral position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    That district has been under Republican control since 1993, but sure spin it as it being flipped from blue to red.
    Hill was the one that flipped it and it was great, but let's not pretend she was either totally clean or a progressive star. Justice Dems supported a different candidate in the primary, Bryan Caforio, so they can't claim responsibility for her win.

Don't get me wrong, I think some of those states are starting to come into play. But they need to do a whole lot more work at the local/state level first before they have meaningful chances to flip them.

They literally have a playbook already written on how to do this. The Republican party did this very thing, working from the local level up to the state level, and it was incredibly effective for them. Especially in packing the US and state House's by redrawing district lines.
    Idk. I'm such a pessimist. I think voter suppression and the Dems are not the best party to motivate its voters really hurts.

First, voter suppression is a weapon used by the GOP throughout many states like my neighbor Wisconsin. We have all discussed this and they are very blatant about it. So with some of these states we are working withing the narrow points of victory and suppression works.

The motivation of voters is very broad here. The Latino vote, which I'm painting a large brush stroke here, does not seem motivated to vote Dem. Again, a sidenote to me is the amazing part the Republicans could really get Latinos into the party if they were not so racist. So the Latin vote not really turning out (yes they do vote Dem a majority) hurts. Of course there are problems with other groups that we would call Democrat voters and turnout.

I was confident that in 2020 the tide would change but now I'm more hesitant and doing the "wait til next year" or like wait til 2030 or 2040. If Republicans choose to be the party of bigotry and basically scared white people losing power then there is a chance for a dramatic swing.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Hill was the one that flipped it and it was great, but let's not pretend she was either totally clean or a progressive star. Justice Dems supported a different candidate in the primary, Bryan Caforio, so they can't claim responsibility for her win.
    I doubt that they will be able to hold that seat in November. We are expecting double the number of voters in November presidential election. CA hates Trump. The voters will show up for that election.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I doubt that they will be able to hold that seat in November. We are expecting double the number of voters in November presidential election. CA hates Trump. The voters will show up for that election.
    Yep. Special elections in the state generally tend to favor Republicans. Thankfully he won't be in for long this term, so we'll se if Dems can take it back or if Republicans can hold onto it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm not so sure about the numbers. if coronavirus flares up again and we still don't have a vaccine....then we might see numbers similar to 2016 in some states.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.