Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Developer Interview - Ion Hazzikostas

Developer Interview - Ion Hazzikostas
    WowChakra is sitting down with Ion Hazzikostas to discuss World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time jump after Shadowlands confirmed!!!

• Class trainers will teach new players about their different specializations in Shadowlands.

Man i am so ready for this. I picked up my 31 lightforged paladin after almost 2 years of playing it and i do not remember ANYTHIIIING about how it works. I mostly figured it out after an hour of killing stuff but if i could just go back to a trainer and have them explain me some stuff, that would be so great. I almost logged out and did a paladin class trial just to get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    "We will have to see how this difference in time will effect our characters when we come out the other end."

Pretty much... Part of me is kind of excited over this idea. Cant wait to see what Blizzard has in store for us. But knowing Blizzard lately, I will probably end up disappointed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They want to iterate on the covenants during the alpha to expand past just the abilities, such as with the soulbinds. They want these to showcase strengths and weaknesses for different content.
    Basically want players to create multiple characters, each for different activities, to sell more level boosters. Obvious answer is obvious.

Tier sets returning, that's potentially raising my hype-o-meter from -50 to -45.

Nothing about actual base spec work again that's a worry though.

EDIT
    Set bonuses are one of the reasons they pulled back on tier sets originally. They limited item diversity because certain slots were locked to tier sets.
    Not like legionaries, artefact weapons and azerite gear (legit though, azerite + neck is the same number of slots as tier).
    What an absolute pumpkin...
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-05-14 at 06:36 PM.

Time jump, I called it way back before we found out about SL, I am betting this is setting up the second old world revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    • Class trainers will teach new players about their different specializations in Shadowlands.

Man i am so ready for this. I picked up my 31 lightforged paladin after almost 2 years of playing it and i do not remember ANYTHIIIING about how it works. I mostly figured it out after an hour of killing stuff but if i could just go back to a trainer and have them explain me some stuff, that would be so great. I almost logged out and did a paladin class trial just to get some help.
    The specs are very easy to learn, the rotational abilities for every spec/class are pretty obvious. Though I have been playing the game since 2005 so that might be why lmao.

Set bonuses are one of the reasons they pulled back on tier sets originally. They limited item diversity because certain slots were locked to tier sets.
    Man, it sure is a good fucking thing that expansion-long stuff like Artifact Weapons and the Heart of Azeroth have totally circumvented that problem. Same with this new legendary Cloak, or all of the Azerite slots.

Like, what a fucking bullshit answer. Can't wait for the next slot that turns out to be locked for the entirety of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    I agree, and it would be perfect... we all come out, say, 200 years later to a dramatically changed Azeroth.

They can update the open world again and make it work within the story.

They can ditch Horde vs. Alliance as we suddenly come back after 200 years of the peace that progressed from BFA.

A time jump would be amazing.

Old Man Anduin from the comic incoming

Same answer whether Arthas is in Shadowlands or not. I’d still be surprised if we don’t see him anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just make tier sets like Classic where you had an 8 piece set, but they could make it so that you can customize, say, 4 or 5 of those items to make an interchangable set. Even give a trinket or weapon a special effect that basically reads something as "This item counts towards your total set bonus count". or make it similar to 8.3's "Add a socket to this item" effect that you can give a non-set piece that effect. Boom, now you can still customize and swap out items.

I am calling a time jump as well, and have been for awhile. I am 100% on board with a revamp of the world but my only wish is if that is the case and where we are headed please let us return to the old world via Zidormi or something, Cataclysm getting rid of so much old content and taking it away completely sucked.

sounds like the same ole song and dance. only solid i got out of it was the time jump confirmation. really hoping they take the opportunity to do a drastic ship correction, fix the world and and make azeroth relevant again. why they cant figure out a way to use the whole world for content is beyond me. they just keep adding more fucking islands and stupid excuses why no one has noticed them before...
    pandaland should have been the last new land mass on azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Basically want players to create multiple characters, each for different activities, to sell more level boosters. Obvious answer is obvious.
    With the leveling revamp coming in Shadowlands I don't see why anyone would ever buy a boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    sounds like the same ole song and dance. only solid i got out of it was the time jump confirmation. really hoping they take the opportunity to do a drastic ship correction, fix the world and and make azeroth relevant again. why they cant figure out a way to use the whole world for content is beyond me. they just keep adding more fucking islands and stupid excuses why no one has noticed them before...
    pandaland should have been the last new land mass on azeroth.
    Because that's boring as fuck, would rather they just leave each expansion zone to rot and create new ones. Who wants to spend years in freaking EK/Kal or Northrend?

alt catchups with cloak/neck/corruptions, maybe I will play again

Legendaries and Catch-Up Mechanics
    The team is experimenting with making legendary recipes account-wide for alts.
    What the fuck is there to experiment with? Make it account wide and everybody will be happy. There is nothing to experiment, just make it account-wide, holy shit.

Tier Sets
    Right, because instead of having 4 pieces locked to tier pieces, we now have 3 pieces locked to bis azerite trait combos.. *clap clap clap* big success!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Exactly, that is why they keep making leveling so easy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Exactly, that is why they keep making leveling so easy.
    This doesnt fix the problem, duh.
    Leveling four characters to be competitive in M+, Raiding, RBG and Arena alone would be pain in the ass, and people have way more classes they want to play in all areas.