Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another sad part about this is, i don't even have the click the article to know what skin complexion she had.
    This is more a comment on the bias of the media (in other words, whichever sources you rely on) than the overall data (which for example indicates black women are practically never killed by police).

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Yeah, and in the eyes of the cops it's survival instinct. It doesn't matter who's right or wrong, my point was to explain how it's no wonder than in a close-quarter spray situation like that with paper-thin wall the girl got hit too. Now, as I've already stated, I would've done the same if some unknown hostiles barged into my house without identifying themselves, out of fear for my life. The difference is, I wouldn't want to kill a trespasser (so much so that the first shell in my .12 is a less-than-lethal one, and I keep more handy in the shell rack), nor do I wish death upon an entire category of people, whereas the bolded part in your post shows... how to put it. "A callous disregard for human life?" Yes, that sounds about right.
    I care so much for human life that I wish we had those deaths to serve as an impetus for change. You missed that part. It was the sentence after the part you bolded. Because of this outcome, nothing will change. I just believe in 'the ends justify the means' more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If something this thread have shown that plenty of people don't read articles and instead jump to their own conclusions from bias... it's doing my head in. I can't understand why people are so eager to be outraged and make inaccurate statements. They have plenty of reason to be angry without having to disregard the events, so why make shit up? :|

Police handled this poorly considering the outcome, there is no denying that.
    I did read the article. Had to switch VPN node to do that. I've also seen other people refer to articles according to which things went differently, hence my playing devil's advocate. I'm not denying the police handled the situation poorly, and the sentiment I expressed in my first post in this thread still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I care so much for human life that I wish we had those deaths to serve as an impetus for change. You missed that part. It was the sentence after the part you bolded. Because of this outcome, nothing will change. I just believe in 'the ends justify the means' more than most.
    I didn't miss it, I just think the change you yearn for wouldn't have automatically happened at all. It's not Canada we're talking about. And your last sentence is somewhat contradictory with the first one.. ethics. Perhaps I should keep a reduced-power 00 buck chambered instead. Or a supermagnum slug. Per fas et nefas, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

I didn't miss it, I just think the change you yearn for wouldn't have automatically happened at all. It's not Canada we're talking about. And your last sentence is somewhat contradictory with the first one.. ethics. Perhaps I should keep a reduced-power 00 buck chambered instead. Or a supermagnum slug. Per fas et nefas, right?
    There is nothing contradictory whatsoever in that post. I think you may have issues with assuming others' intent without basis in fact.

I don't get it. Why is the race/ethnicity/skin color/WHATEVER even brought up? It's a mistake that could happen to anyone. A stupid awful mistake that should put the retards accountable, but a mistake nonetheless and those playing the race card are the true racists imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Another sad part about this is, i don't even have the click the article to know what skin complexion she had.
    Saying that about a different kind of article would warrant you a ban. So do or don’t we allow discrimination here? Im confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is more a comment on the bias of the media (in other words, whichever sources you rely on) than the overall data (which for example indicates black women are practically never killed by police).
    Sorry but to me this reads that if you search long and hard enough you'll find some sort of article on this matter that will create the narrative of this story that suits more to your world view.

It is well know how the police acts in the US, how the police Union functions and how police are trained. There is actual training seminar footage out there that encourages aggressive behaviour. This modus operandi is clearly reflected in their actions reported on by the press.

While we can question if the death of a black women was an accident or not, what we cannot question is how police officers, who's job is to maintain peace went in guns blazing i would argue that this behaviour, how they are trained to deal with situations is the root problem here not the media bias. If anything shifting this on the media bias shows to me an unwillingness to look at the actual root cause what is the protection the Union offers due to controlling the whole process of misconduct what clearly leads to abuses of power on a frequent basis and their actual training what is more suited for the military and acting on hostile territory.

This is also a vicious circle the more the police acts as they do the more people tend to become increasingly distrusting and the more unsafe the US becomes for "peace keepers", what in their turn leads to using more violence on the public, especially a certain demographic of the public.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Saying that about a different kind of article would warrant you a ban. So do or don’t we allow discrimination here? Im confused.
    That is false. No where am i discriminating either.

I did read the article. Had to switch VPN node to do that. I've also seen other people refer to articles according to which things went differently, hence my playing devil's advocate. I'm not denying the police handled the situation poorly, and the sentiment I expressed in my first post in this thread still stands.
    I didn't talk about you, but rather to you since you are one of the ones that seem to be reasonable in this situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Did I say anything that wasn't true?
    What was the purpose of putting "accidentally" in italics and using a sarcastic tone unless using it in a mocking way as if it's not an accident?

Even then I used his post to talk about plenty of others in this thread, not specifically you.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this straight, they shot at the police doing a raid n cry that police shot back?..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Let me get this straight, they shot at the police doing a raid n cry that police shot back?..
    I mean it seems to me that there is a live legal question here right?

If the police:
    Serve a no knock warrant;
    On the wrong house; and;
    Fail to identify themselves

Why would a citizen not be within their rights to defend themselves from the unannounced intruders who don't have a lawful excuse to be in the house? I mean that is the purpose of broad sweeping self-defence laws right? That Americans have a god-given right to defend their hearth and home with their god-given weapons?

So without reading the article just from topic I knew it was America and that woman was black...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What was the purpose of putting "accidentally" in italics and using a sarcastic tone unless using it in a mocking way as if it's not an accident?
    My point was that when police no-knock raid a house and fill it with bullets, its hard to call the results an accident. No body cameras, no charges, two months later when the civil case looms is when it finally gets attention. I have a problem with the methods and lack of accountability, when the police act recklessly and endanger the lives of innocents, its a matter of course when someone gets hurt, not an accident.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnAwew View Post
    I don't get it. Why is the race/ethnicity/skin color/WHATEVER even brought up? It's a mistake that could happen to anyone. A stupid awful mistake that should put the retards accountable, but a mistake nonetheless and those playing the race card are the true racists imo.
    Becease black people are way more likely to be the victim of these "accidents"?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    My point was that when police no-knock raid a house and fill it with bullets, its hard to call the results an accident. No body cameras, no charges, two months later when the civil case looms is when it finally gets attention. I have a problem with the methods and lack of accountability, when the police act recklessly and endanger the lives of innocents, its a matter of course when someone gets hurt, not an accident.
    Her dying was an accident caused by recklessness and negligence afaik. Doesn't change what it is. Shooting at the guy wasn't an accident, her getting hit through the wall is.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Gun owners tried everything to justify why waste money to own a gun.

This story is a slap in their faces.
    That woman wouldn't die if this family doesn't own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

You two geniuses - while I think that the gun cult is a disease, you should at least try to be objective - she also would not have died if the police were not making grave mistakes and not behaved like a pack of untrained animals (which they seemingly did).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    And here i was thinking the Police Academy-movies was made for entertainment to make em look bit like clowns, seems the real police academies in the US are far bigger clown-schools it turns out.

Thankful i live somewhere were the police is NOT gonna run and gun into a random house shooting at anything that dosnt move.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

No knock warrant served by SWAT and both were black,one or both ending up dead was pretty likely gun or no gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    No knock warrant served by SWAT and both were black,one or both ending up dead was pretty likely gun or no gun.
    I agree.

I wonder how they get the "no knock warrant".
    It is like License to Kill.

I saw another topic about why people support Hitler.
    In a war, you can do whatever you want. This is why many people enjoy war.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-05-14 at 07:33 PM.

With the no knock warrants how is it okay for the cops to shoot someone they think is a criminal but not okay for the home owner to shoot someone they think is a criminal?