Classes with pets and being "alone"

Do you feel less "alone" when doing solo content with a class that has a pet?

This was actually the reason why my first character back in BC was a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a little less exposed, but yeah, still alone. There really is no substitute for the social interaction between 2 or more players engaged in common tasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment timmy is your best friend as dk.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yes. I feel naked when I play an alt without a pet.

You don't have to be alone. /who xx-xx (xx level range) and then whisper the person. I have always found someone to level with if I wanted. Doesn't take much "courage" to whisper a stranger. With all the scaling in place there is literally no excuse for leveling alone if you want social leveling. Same with max level world content, the enemies scale to your ilvl, no reason to play alone.

The problem, for me, is that usually other players are too slow/fast, so the "perfect" partner doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-05-07 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back on release when I first started I felt that way.
    I'd like to add that the only reason I managed to clear Diablo III was because of the necromancer, the game felt less scary
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I keep my Alterac Brew Pup out with me pretty much all the time. He's good company. I mostly just fish, so he gets plenty of time to relax.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Do you feel less "alone" when doing solo content with a class that has a pet?

This was actually the reason why my first character back in BC was a warlock.
    I hate pet classes, that's why I never rolled lock or hunter. Sure, now Lone Wolf is a choice (and a pretty bad one, while we are at it), but for a long time, it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pets annoy me. They're always blocking my line of sight. BTW It is basically a single player game that just happens to have a bunch of other people player on the same server(s). So isnt being 'alone' the theme these days?
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-05-08 at 04:49 PM.

Whenever I play a pet class I pick that one talent that removes the pet. Cba to manage two people, I'm too old for that shi.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't really feel attached to my hunter or warlock pets. They're just passive damage boosts for the most part. I feel more attachment to the non-combat pet I summon, as I consciously interact with it more often, /petting to play its emote or throwing it a biscuit to enlargen it, and so on.

Lkewise, the bodyguards don't really make me feel less alone, as I don't interact with the bodyguards. They're just passively there.

That said, as another poster said, it is no substitute for player interaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Back on release when I first started I felt that way.
    I'd like to add that the only reason I managed to clear Diablo III was because of the necromancer, the game felt less scary
    You played a pale skinny guy/girl who raised dead and that made Diablo 3 less scary?

Everyday my professor shows his pug to all our class. It could be cute and nice, but there is a huge 'BUT', he is my uncle. So, daily I feel confused because my classmates know this fact. My uncle James also likes lisp and hug the pug a lot. I like his pet, but cannot imagine how everyone laughs because at the same time when he starts doing it, they turn off cameras and microphones.

After playing the classes that have pets for mage tower I now think every class and spec should have a talent to sack the pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never feel alone as a pet class cuz those retarded fucks get in the way of looting or talking to npc every time. I can't stand them but my first character was a rogue so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The moment timmy is your best friend as dk.
    Making Timmy grow big, isn't quite as satisfactory nowadays, as it used to be
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You played a pale skinny guy/girl who raised dead and that made Diablo 3 less scary?
    Was ment to say Diablo II, and yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I hate pet classes, that's why I never rolled lock or hunter. Sure, now Lone Wolf is a choice (and a pretty bad one, while we are at it), but for a long time, it wasn't.
    I think lone wolf is baked in now, IE if you are MM and you don't have a pet out you automatically get a 10% buff. Could be wrong, but I thought that was a BFA change.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I think lone wolf is baked in now, IE if you are MM and you don't have a pet out you automatically get a 10% buff. Could be wrong, but I thought that was a BFA change.
    Well, yes, but the thing is that having no pet out means that you give up all their utility... including bloodlust
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.