Oof, thanks for the heads up!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bought Streets of Rage 4 today. It's pretty fun, so much like the old games that I remember. It's challenging too.
    Yep, SOR 4 is amazing, exactly the kind of game it should be and what was needed. The reason the series stagnated for so long is because they were trying to take it 3D in the Playstation/Saturn era. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Force was actually being developed as SOR 4 back in the day, but 1) Sega didn't like how it ended up, and 2) they didn't want it on any competitor's consoles, so they pulled the license, and the story/characters got changed to something original (but the gameplay remained the same). You can clearly see that the characters in that were originally supposed to be the SOR characters.

But that "3D, open world" style beat-em-up, while not a bad game in and of itself, does not fit SOR or Final Fight. IMO they need to stay 2D. The SOR4 we got is FAR superior to any of the polygonal concepts being experimented with throughout the 26 years it took to get this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    2DHD games have been having somewhat of a renaissance as of late, it was the perfect time to bring back SoR and stick to the classic format (while making a few other improvements such as items on a unique button) and going with the tried and true rule of "if it's not broke, don't fix it"

Having a lot of fun in coop, got two unlocks left then I'm done. Kinda sad Roo isn't playable, but nice touch having him as the bartender.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's also that Jay and Silent Bob that's an 8-bit style beat em up game coming out for the Switch soon. It looks alright.

surprised no one posted this yet

looks beautiful
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

looks beautiful
    Paper MArio fans are already pissed off about it.

I think I dig a villainous Peach.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-05-14 at 09:17 PM.

It looks better then color splash and sticker star but I dunno.

Still only generic mario designs which has really killed the vibe of the franchise. The design diversity in TTYD still shitting all over this game from that trailer.

lol just watched it again, makes me even more hyped for metroid prime 4.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I need to see more gameplay before I decide if I'm going to get it. Sticker Star was ass and I don't think too many people played Colour Splash because the Wii U bombed hard.

I need to see more gameplay before I decide if I'm going to get it. Sticker Star was ass and I don't think too many people played Colour Splash because the Wii U bombed hard.
    I agree, hated Sticker Star, but I did enjoy Color Splash. It would seem that it's not another card system again, but we'll see. Gameplay for these games are hard to judge because PM games either massively iterate on the previous title, or completely abandon the gameplay of the previous title.

I'll probably end up picking it up at some point, I love the aesthetics of these games.

i wonder if this game sells well if we might see ports of colour splash?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Paper MArio fans are already pissed off about it.

Honestly, I'd love a remaster of Thousand Year Door, but that game was, in a way, perfect. It had all the things going for it that made people really latch onto the series even though it's predecessor was also a great game. Then Nintendo screwed it up and has gone in multiple different directions with the game rather than just sticking to that winning formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

looks beautiful
    Probaly because nintendo send me 4 emails of same thing.

Honestly, I'd love a remaster of Thousand Year Door, but that game was, in a way, perfect. It had all the things going for it that made people really latch onto the series even though it's predecessor was also a great game. Then Nintendo screwed it up and has gone in multiple different directions with the game rather than just sticking to that winning formula.
    I think Nintendo/Miyamoto decided to make Paper Mario a generic action game after that and have Mario & Luigi series as the RPG. The problem with that was the M&L games where good, for a time anyways before they got worse and worse but they where still far inferior to the brilliance of TTYD.

While this game looks like it has promising gameplay, I'm still not sold on it because I don't want a shitty bomb or koopa companion that looks like every other bomb or koopa in the mario series. What the actual fuck happened to designing unique characters in Paper Mario, because that is really where it lost it's soul even much more then the gameplay differences. Just look at all the different toad designs that filled towns in TTYD- it was a real RPG not this soulless trash with no personality differences.

I'd rather have characters closer to mario games, than whatever the hell flurrie and vivian are.

- - - Updated - - -

small hint at what gameplay is gonna look like.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no faith it will be any good

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure about that rotational thing. That just seems to gimmicky for my taste

10+ Year Old Account
    New battle system reminds me of the change they made to the mechanics of Wild Arms 4. I will go in with an open mind, but the over all story and designs so far dont seem that interesting, though at least more intriguing then the last 2 titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone playing/played Darkest Dungeon on Switch? I’m on the fence of buying it (on any platform).