10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    6 out of top 8, 75%, are Republicans. Republican governors en masse are very good at handling the Covid pandemic. DeWine is one of the many, not an outlier.

You can eat your post now.
    If you seriously think that high approval is proof of being good at your job, then I seriously question your capacity for critical thinking.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Why stop at 8?

Out of the top 15 (Everyone above 70%), 8 are Democrats.

You want to play statistics with me? I can play statistics. And I may not be great at math, but 8 (D) > 7 (R)

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why stop at 8?

You want to play statistics with me? I can play statistics. And I may not be great at math, but 8 (D) > 7 (R)
    He's also referencing a 2 week old tweet and poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    He's also referencing a 2 week old tweet and poll.
    You know, I didn't even bother to check if his information was out of date because his argument was so flimsy to begin with. Selective data like "top 8" is a clear indication that you're trying to obfuscate data to falsely make claims.

A high schooler taking general statistics (I think that's still a class?) could have poked holes into it.

You know, I didn't even bother to check if his information was out of date because his argument was so flimsy to begin with. Selective data like "top 8" is a clear indication that you're trying to obfuscate data to falsely make claims.

A high schooler taking general statistics (I think that's still a class?) could have poked holes into it.
    The top8 was the first thing that I noticed as well, because who does "Top 8" lists? Also, #9 is listed in the tweet he quoted too, and it just so happened to be a Democrat. I didn't catch the date until a few minutes after the fact.

See: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52341750

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    If you seriously think that high approval is proof of being good at your job, then I seriously question your capacity for critical thinking.
    I provided links, check the article and PDF. There was a poll with many questions like "is Trump doing a good job with Covid?" "is your governor doing a good job?" etc. So this is approval of specific actions in this specific area, not overall. I think it's relevant for Covid discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Why stop at 8?

Really, if people want to pick and choose which pieces of statistical data they like best to make a point, the very same data finds that of the 8 governors with the highest disapproval, 6 of them are Republicans. 8 of 10. 12 of 15.

Approval ratings are goofy to talk about in this context anyway, given that we know of the rally-around-the-flag bias. Consider that the guy who suggested injecting disinfectant still has a sizable approval rating.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why stop at 8?

The tweet listed top 8. The more you include the less it becomes about "top Covid response" and more about "who is elected as governors". If, say, 35 of 50 governors are Republicans, it's not relevant to Covid discussion. I was replying to a person saying "Republicans are doing bad job with Covid". Well no, they aren't. I'm done making my point, I know I'll be called a Trump supporter soon

10+ Year Old Account
    I provided links, check the article and PDF. There was a poll with many questions like "is Trump doing a good job with Covid?" "is your governor doing a good job?" etc. So this is approval of specific actions in this specific area, not overall. I think it's relevant for Covid discussion.
    I didn't say it wasn't relevant. I said it wasn't proof of making good decisions, merely popular ones. And it also doesn't take into account all sorts of factors, like how hard each state has been hit by the virus so far, and what each governor's approval was like prior to this.

Republican politicians as a whole seem to be much more interested in being liked by their constituency than doing a good job. More so than Democratic politicians.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The tweet listed top 8.
    I'm sorry that you didn't bother to look into it any further, but that's not my problem. Try to go beyond tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Non-Biased is the same as playing all sides I guess, lol.
    As expected from someone who just know retweeted his own "OBAMAGATE!" tweet again. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Seriously, how can the other policy makers in your country still take the monkey in chief seriously?
    Are they all that degenerated? Is it fear that makes them comply?
    Not my country. I love the fat Americaball confusing people so easily. Ok, way too easily...
    And that is not fear, it is both the idiocy and wilful ignorance, with the latter being the worst one. His voters do not care, you see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Do i even want to know what he means by this?
    i was saying that ironically

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So asymptomatic or those who have fought off the virus could have limited immunity...
    That means most of us won't die from it anytime soon, if ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So asymptomatic or those who have fought off the virus could have limited immunity...
    That means most of us won't die from it anytime soon, if ever.
    Wait... what?

Your response makes no sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious.

Does anyone here feel like fielding a guess as to what Bolsonaro's plan is in Brazil right now? I honestly can't for the life of me figure out what his endgame is.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Wait... what?

Your response makes no sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious.

Does anyone here feel like fielding a guess as to what Bolsonaro's plan is in Brazil right now? I honestly can't for the life of me figure out what his endgame is.
    Dead people can't oust you from power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Dead people can't oust you from power.
    Walks away slowly...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U...on_in_Illinois
    Mazo, the Herald-Tribune reporter, later said that he "found names of the dead who had voted in Chicago, along with 56 people from one house."
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    To be fair Mazo was a Pro-Nixon Republican and hand-waved: He found cases of Republican voter fraud in southern Illinois, but said that the totals "did not match the Chicago fraud he found.

Ya know Republicans maintaining hypocrisy in voter fraud for 60 years.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    wisconsin is now off lockdown baby! two weeks early thanks to the mighty efforts of those republicans and the republican controlled state supreme court. FREEDOM!!!!!!!! the individual counties are now setting their status. my counties status is undetermined. brown's is locked down. the bar's were opened back up but had to be closed again by the police because everyone packed into them like idiots. also almost 87k dead nationwide now.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/wisconsin-governor-says-many-more-people-could-get-sick-after-n1207316

Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-05-15 at 03:32 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    wisconsin is now off lockdown baby! two weeks early thanks to the mighty efforts of those republicans and the republican controlled state supreme court. FREEDOM!!!!!!!! the individual counties are now setting their status. my counties status is undetermined. brown's is locked down.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/wisconsin-governor-says-many-more-people-could-get-sick-after-n1207316

time to draft a bill that says medical personal have the freedom not to service these individuals.....i mean republicans want the right for pharmacist and others not to have to fill perscriptions for birth control and morning after pills...i am sure they will suppor their rights and support them not losing their jobs because of it!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry that you didn't bother to look into it any further, but that's not my problem. Try to go beyond tweets.
    So, according to your own research:
    • Who is THE BEST governor concerning Covid response? A Republican.
    • Who are top governors concerning Covid response? Mostly Republicans, some Democrats.
    • Who are governors doing okay-ish, not the best job? Predominantly Democrats.

You're proving my point here.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say it wasn't relevant. I said it wasn't proof of making good decisions, merely popular ones. And it also doesn't take into account all sorts of factors, like how hard each state has been hit by the virus so far, and what each governor's approval was like prior to this.
    You do have a point.