Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe the time move so slowly in SL we get to meet dead characters that have JUST died and ended up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The Devs won't do shit with that and people will be disappointed with their own overblown expectations.
    Sadly, you are probably right. In the last couple of years the speculation has been more hype than what Blizzard actually delivers. Maybe thats my fault though. But they sneak in cool things here and there for us to speculate on, only to fail on delivery or outright just ignore it alltogether.

what does what he say have anything to do with a 10.0 revamp....? im obviously missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    100% speculation because we don't know how long we're going to actually spend in the Shadowlands not to mention that Ion also said that we have a unique power to jump between Azeroth and the Shadowlands on a regular basis(which completely fucks up timeskip theories). Just because time flows differently doesn't mean we're going to see decades pass between BFA Azeroth and Post-Shadowlands Azeroth. We even have a pretty decent estimate to judge the time frame to justify how time flows within the Shadowlands with dialogue from Salanar the Horseman:

Death Knight players meet Salanar around year 27(obviously in game calendar days) to get their first mount while still working under the Lich King. You meet him again in Legion which took place during late year 32-early year 33(we know this because the majority of the Legion comics took place in year 32 and Before the Storm took place in year 33). So 5-6 years in Azeroth is equal to a couple weeks - a month within the Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I hope we deal with Azeroth's main continents.
    But Ion's words probably just mean the infinite dragon flight is involved in 10.0.

So essentially it's confirmed that 10.0 will be roughly 1 Jeremy Bearimy after 9.0?

When we come back we might need to cleanse a corrupted Azeroth from the Void Lords/N'Zoth(you know, we winning is a vision).

Yeah, just like he hinted at a removal of factions a couple months ago.... remember how that turned out?

He said the passage of time is different in Shadowlands. Nothing more, nothing less. It might mean something or it might not.

The whole leveling system is getting revamped in SL. The idea that it will all be revamped again in an expansion after that sounds pretty silly.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It was pretty obvious to me and I'm surprised it didn't happened before. A lot of assets from only the new Warsong Gulch and Arathi Bassin can be used in both half the Night elves wood / deserts of Kalimdor for WG and almost all town of the Eastern Kingdom uses the AB buildings so they'd just need to color swap the roof and change the Stromgarde symbol on each building.

All the systems are changing the way you play the game with new leveling systems and philosophy. Revamping the world would be the best opportunity to bring them to the everyday world, to make it be more easy to tune in future expansion and would bring a lot of new storylines into WoW (which, we'll all agree on this, is in need of new villains)

Also, 10.0 is the perfect timing to do something big for WoW.

Well this has been hinted since a wowpedia or another site had a quote from blizzard that time flew slower in shadowlands.

This means we can have q time skip like the one that happened in draenor in the maghar questline.

For example Anduin might get older and the cartoon of him with Velen ready to fight the shadow might come in the next expansions. This also gives the oportunity for a new generation of characters to rise, like thralls son or even anduins new son (taelia's?). Also cataclysm scars could vanish and worldwide reconstruction might occur.

I know it's required from a gameplay point of view, but how would that make sense when you'll still be jumping between shadowlands and azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, just like he hinted at a removal of factions a couple months ago.... remember how that turned out?

He said the passage of time is different in Shadowlands. Nothing more, nothing less. It might mean something or it might not.

The whole leveling system is getting revamped in SL. The idea that it will all be revamped again in an expansion after that sounds pretty silly.
    Revamping the world in 10.0 would not necessarily mean throwing out the new levelling system. Exile's Reach is very broad strokes in design - it can easily slot into any era of WoW. The revamped old world would take the place of current, Cataclysm era Kalimdor and EK. Shadowlands would join other past expansions as an optional levelling path. New content takes us up to 70 (or perhaps the cap isn't raised at all and a new horizontal progression system is introduced.).

Fat chance. Re-doing the world requires a pool of resources Blizzard is no longer willing to pour into WoW.

The best way for me would be if at the end of Shadowlands, Bolvar opens the way back to Azeroth...

...but it's not fucking there anymore.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

dont they say they always are like an expansion ahead? im sure they already have the next one

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    what did ion really say? who watched stream?
    translation into text always sucks and causes overhype
    I for one did. else this discussion would be in 9.0 when it deserves its own thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

...Just like item level squishing in BFA just to do it again in SL to accompany the level squish.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The best way for me would be if at the end of Shadowlands, Bolvar opens the way back to Azeroth...

...but it's not fucking there anymore.
    Now THAT would be the ultimate plot twist lol.

As for this hypothetical timeskip, it would be quite cool actually. The Cata old world is stale af, to the point that half of the characters in its loading screens are dead or otherwise out of the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I would rather interpret it as the exact opposite. 2 years of Shadowlands aren't getting us 30 years ahead or so. You are constantly going back n forth via portals.
    I agree that we have no idea how the time will go, faster or slower, all we know is time works differently there, but I also feel like such a comment wouldn't have been made if it weren't going to be significant.

Frankly, it going slower so 2 years in Shadowlands = 2 weeks in current time isn't significant at all and won't progress the story "of those left behind" like was talked about in the interview, so I don't see it being that way.

It being 20 years in Azeroth though, many things can change in that time and actually progress the story. The Undead will have had time to get a new leader and found their place in the world, the Horde's new leadership council will have time to establish themselves and what their goals are. The Alliance will progress in some ways, either Anduin maturing into a more tested leader or being more divided than ever. The events of the Fourth War will be a distant memory and all the wounds and scars of the time will have repercussions actually played out, hopefully with actual consequences instead of just brushed under the rug like past conflicts, and so much more.

We are the Maw Walkers, able to escape the Maw and travel the realms of the dead. We apparently are the first ones who can do it due to our bond with Azeroth's world-soul, presumably through our necklaces and the beam that was shot through us.

That is the explanation we have so far, nothing says we travel back and forth to Azeroth. Us "traveling back and forth through portals" is just a convenience / game play feature, not an official happening / lore.

In that official story / lore, we're going to be in the Shadowlands, not Azeroth and what's going on there isn't in line with OUR story. Coming back to Azeroth, we'll essentially be in a previous version of the game, before we get to Shadowlands.

It's like the Lore for BfA: Alliance technically never stepped foot into Uldir, they attacked Dazar'alor while the Horde was busy in there and all of that happened in a relatively short period of time, not over a year like it took in our actual time.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2020-05-15 at 03:35 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    100% speculation because we don't know how long we're going to actually spend in the Shadowlands not to mention that Ion also said that we have a unique power to jump between Azeroth and the Shadowlands on a regular basis(which completely fucks up timeskip theories). Just because time flows differently doesn't mean we're going to see decades pass between BFA Azeroth and Post-Shadowlands Azeroth. We even have a pretty decent estimate to judge the time frame to justify how time flows within the Shadowlands with dialogue from Salanar the Horseman:

Death Knight players meet Salanar around year 27(obviously in game calendar days) to get their first mount while still working under the Lich King. You meet him again in Legion which took place during late year 32-early year 33(we know this because the majority of the Legion comics took place in year 32 and Before the Storm took place in year 33). So 5-6 years in Azeroth is equal to a couple weeks - a month within the Shadowlands.
    I recall you getting completely dunked on in the last thread to the point you stopped posting.
    Also, you should really stop conflating game mechanics with lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    there will be no revamp and time skip.
    Time to dust off the classics.

*puts shades on*
    Nice try, Ion.

It will be a retail classic! You get to relive all of the classics! Just with retail additions from the past 15 years! Flex Molten Core but updated bosses!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I recall you getting completely dunked on in the last thread to the point you stopped posting.
    Also, you should really stop conflating game mechanics with lore.
    Not sure what one thing has to do with another, I leave threads when people start to troll, like I'm about to do with this one. So enjoy your pitiful thread even if you don't want to acknowledge game facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.