Poll: How long of a time skip do you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Can you give any constructive arguments as to why?
    Because I don't want there to be a time jump? This doesn't seem like something I'd need to argue over. Polls like these really should include a "none" or "no" option.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeNotCaring View Post
    100 Years.

Heros of old have died for the most part, long enough to allow a new generation and new story. Only those around are the ones like Wrathion or a few of the Elf leaders.
    They won't do this. It would require a cataclysm style revamp and they've already said they're never going to do that style again. At most we'll probably get anywhere from 1-10 years.

Maybe Anduin will be in his late 20s/early-mid 30s.

Well I don't care about YOUR subtlety rogue! Look how far that kind of mindset gets us X) If you're just gonna spout selfish blabbering and try to piss other people off, might as well sell your keyboard and watch as other people have constructive discussions.
    This thread isn't a constructive discussion it's fanfiction
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Because I don't want there to be a time jump? This doesn't seem like something I'd need to argue over. Polls like these really should include a "none" or "no" option.
    The option for "None" is by not engaging in the conversation. You didn't exactly need to post in here that "the idea is bad and I will give no further reasons other than it's bad because it's bad". If you want to say it's a bad idea, please do tell, why do you think it's bad? Do you believe there will be negatives to a timeskip? If so, what negatives?

But they were? You can level 10-50 in all Vanilla/Cataclysm zones (from Westfall to Twilight Highlands).
    I checked again and you were right. I misremembered. Although those zones are still listed separately. A Vanilla zone revamp is still possible, but less likely than I thought.

Far enough into the future where technology has boomed and we come out like what the fuck, then Anduin gets hit by a car.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

A few decades would be nice, but instead of just a time jump I want the Shadowlands to close with all of the PCs stuck inside and then Blizz makes a new game with a new engine that can achieve things they can't with a 15 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Durff123 View Post
    The option for "None" is by not engaging in the conversation. You didn't exactly need to post in here that "the idea is bad and I will give no further reasons other than it's bad because it's bad". If you want to say it's a bad idea, please do tell, why do you think it's bad? Do you believe there will be negatives to a timeskip? If so, what negatives?
    I'm just going by the title of the thread and the question of the poll, which is "How long of a time skip do you prefer?". I answered that with "none" in my reply, it's quite simple. I see no positives with Blizzard doing a time jump in WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

*checks if I'm in the lore section*

Doesn't matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fast forward 7000 years (1 prophet velen blink) it's still going to come down to gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    but instead of just a time jump I want the Shadowlands to close with all of the PCs stuck inside and then Blizz makes a new game with a new engine that can achieve things they can't with a 15 year old game.
    All in 2 years, you heard him Blizz, get started!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    "I don't want there to be chocolate in the world"
    "Can you give any constructive arguments as to why?"
    "Because I don't want there to be chocolate in the world."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    This thread isn't a constructive discussion it's fanfiction
    Your post is the only fanction I see here

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't much like the idea of 'all the characters you loved are dead because xpac shenanigans' so 10-20 years at best.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-20 years feels about right. Long enough to mostly repopulate Azeroth with strong/young fighters. A decent bit of nelves. A ton more Draenei. Void elves recruit the High Elves into the alliance officially. We have lower ranking children of current leaders. Like Thralls kid is now 20 or something. Anduin is 35-40 and married with a 10 year old kid. Wrathion is fully grown. The world is mostly healed from the cataclysm/legion/oldgods etc. Alliance and horde still separate but on good terms. Now a few neutral major cities. Booty bay now bigger and takes up half of Southern Stranglethorn instead of just a small part. Same with Ratchet and Gadgetzan. Gadgetzan is now nearly half of Tanaris. A good 20-30 quests of the zone take place in the city similar to Suramar.

Millennia.

When we come out of Shadowlands, we're no longer in World of Warcraft, but in World of Starcraft.

In all seriousness, though, IMO I'd prefer no more than just a few years. Enough for some things to have happened, but nothing massive.

Maybe Anduin could even have a 10-year-old son who takes up his throne as he's gone missing. Wrathion and Genn could be the child's counsel.
    Turns out Wrathion was an Old God in disguise and Genn becomes the next Life King!

Would have to be enough time that our characters are forgotten somewhat 20-40 years would be decent. I would like a soft reset where im not the champion/Hero that everyone knows.

Lordaeron simi retaken by the Scarlet Crusade mostly focused in Arathi. With the new Army of the Light from Draenor making contact(could just be ambassadors sprinkled around).
    The scourge still rampageing/was the whole time we were in shadowlands plaguelands spreading all the way into hinterlands/hillsbrad/Ghostlands. Bloodelves create new shield around Silvermoon with the new sunwell.
    Botani taking over Wailing caverns/Barrens recruiting centaur and trying to remake their gods from Draenor.. Gronn and quilboar joining forces to take them on restarting the primordial wars.
    Ogrezonia added recreating the advance Ogre empire they had in Draenor before the orc uprising.
    Nightelves back to isolationists/rebuilt kingdom over northern Kalimdor kill anyone who enters their forests.
    New old god(s) crashed onto Azeroth creating new landmass/enemies.
    Surviving Nerubians/mandid/Aqir reloacated and built a new kingdom finally abandoning the old gods once and for all. Using nerbian tech creating a floating empire.
    The Elementals are back at war with each other with more Elemental Lords grasping for power.
    Titan constructs have joined together to create a stone/iron empire using titan tech to raise/fix land all over Azeroth.
    Trolls reloacted to Zandalari and rebuilt the troll empire, restored Nazmir and Vol'dun to lush forests once again with the help of their loa/horde shaman/druids. Even lifting sunken areas from the cataclysm.
    Aszhara rebuilt her kingdom instead of whatever Nazjatar was.
    Dragons can breed again and have expanded their numbers. Finally settled on Dragon Isle and decided to create their own unique kingdom/architect instead of just hanging around in caves.
    New/Old Demonlords starting their own Legions.
    Alliance/Horde decayed with time. They have become fractured with uneasy alliances. No longer the only world superpowers.

10 years into the past so we can all enjoy Dragon Soul once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Would have to be enough time that our characters are forgotten somewhat 20-40 years would be decent. I would like a soft reset where im not the champion/Hero that everyone knows.

Lordaeron simi retaken by the Scarlet Crusade mostly focused in Arathi. With the new Army of the Light from Draenor making contact(could just be ambassadors sprinkled around).
    The scourge still rampageing/was the whole time we were in shadowlands plaguelands spreading all the way into hinterlands/hillsbrad/Ghostlands. Bloodelves create new shield around Silvermoon with the new sunwell.
    Botani taking over Wailing caverns/Barrens recruiting centaur and trying to remake their gods from Draenor.. Gronn and quilboar joining forces to take them on restarting the primordial wars.
    Ogrezonia added recreating the advance Ogre empire they had in Draenor before the orc uprising.
    Nightelves back to isolationists/rebuilt kingdom over northern Kalimdor kill anyone who enters their forests.
    New old god(s) crashed onto Azeroth creating new landmass/enemies.
    Surviving Nerubians/mandid/Aqir reloacated and built a new kingdom finally abandoning the old gods once and for all. Using nerbian tech creating a floating empire.
    The Elementals are back at war with each other with more Elemental Lords grasping for power.
    Titan constructs have joined together to create a stone/iron empire using titan tech to raise/fix land all over Azeroth.
    Trolls reloacted to Zandalari and rebuilt the troll empire, restored Nazmir and Vol'dun to lush forests once again with the help of their loa/horde shaman/druids. Even lifting sunken areas from the cataclysm.
    Aszhara rebuilt her kingdom instead of whatever Nazjatar was.
    Dragons can breed again and have expanded their numbers. Finally settled on Dragon Isle and decided to create their own unique kingdom/architect instead of just hanging around in caves.
    New/Old Demonlords starting their own Legions.
    Alliance/Horde decayed with time. They have become fractured with uneasy alliances. No longer the only world superpowers.
    A lot of good ideas. There really is a lot that they can do to make the world new and interesting with a mere 20 year gap. New factions popping up, old factions becoming bigger and more threatening. It would take the world back to its roots in Vanilla where there are dozens of unrelated threats all across the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    I kinda want a world revamp

But I don't trust blizzard with creating new characters these days
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither...

Decades or centuries, would defacto mean WoW 2, as it would be a totally new setting.

Years (plural) is also too long a time, all expansions (maybe with a single exception) have been ONE YEAR apart, which is the longest time I find acceptable.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

None at all.

Any timeskip probably means having to revamp basically the whole world, an undertaking that would most certainly take tremendous amounts of effort. And considering how tremendous amounts of effort have either led to the current expansion being dropped early or the next expansion to be released in a beyond awful unfinished shit state... yea, I'll pass. Baby steps, one at a time, I have no faith left when it comes to Blizzard being ambitious.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None. Well besides the usual ~2 years that an expansion takes up in the timeline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)