Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    We didn't. There was rumor of one. But the book showed there was not. There was an error in the time mentioned in a quest, that Blizz later confirmed was off on the date. There has never been a time skip.

Won't be one here either.
    Got a Source? I don't remember anything saying there wasn't a 5 year gap between the end of wrath and start of cata.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Fireships would have had the same impact. The tree was uniquely vulnerable to attack and was even considered a mistake by Tyrande in the first place. It was Fandral who grew it for his own purposes. The Night Elves will probably concentrate into dispersed settlements across Mount Hyjal and Ashenvale rather than a single concentrated city,
    Excuse me, but what logic is that, please?

By that logic, NONE of the WoW capitals are a good idea.

SW can be easily sieged from the sea-side, it has exactly zero defenses there. Also, there are no real escape routes anywhere if Elwynn is blocked. Also, a single torch proved to be enough to set half the city ablaze - a city built of stone and heavily patrolled by guards at that point. A city that not even Deathwing managed to set on fire.

Orgrimmar could be easily drowned built into a canyon like that. 3 Tide sages would be enough to set the entire place under water for good. This idea was even already verified as workable by the official storywriters when Jaina decided at the very last second not to do it.

Thunderbluff are woodden huts built ontop of a rock with miniscule sources of water in the vincinity. If there is any city in all of warcraft that is highly susceptible to fire it is Thunderbluff.

Ironforge has exactly ONE exit. Just block the main gate and you can starve/poison the entire city. With the amount of people inside and ZERO food+water sources it would only take a few days until the entire thing collapses. Not to mention, it is obviously built into a seismic active mountain. Shamans need only rise the lava levels a few meters and there is nothing left of it.

As for Teldrassil....have you ever tried to actually set fire to a tree larger than most mountains planted right in the ocean? I doubt it. Never the less a tree protected by titan blessings. Even IF you managed to set it on fire somehow, do you have any idea how long it would take to actually burn to the top?
    The burning of Teldrassil was one of the greatest shitshows on the "strategic" side of WoW ever. There was exactly one reason why it worked: Because Blizzard wanted that picture of the tree burning so Horde players would rip the box out of their hands. Which they succeeded with.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2020-05-15 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Excuse me, but what logic is that, please?

By that logic, NONE of the WoW capitals are a good idea.

SW can be easily sieged from the sea-side, it has exactly zero defenses there. Also, there are no real escape routes anywhere if Elwynn is blocked. Also, a single torch proved to be enough to set half the city ablaze - a city built of stone and heavily patrolled by guards at that point. A city that not even Deathwing managed to set on fire.

Orgrimmar could be easily drowned built into a canyon like that. 3 Tide sages would be enough to set the entire place under water for good. This idea was even already verified as workable by the official storywriters when Jaina decided at the very last second not to do it.

Thunderbluff are woodden huts built ontop of a rock with miniscule sources of water in the vincinity. If there is any city in all of warcraft that is highly susceptible to fire it is Thunderbluff.

Ironforge has exactly ONE exit. Just block the main gate and you can starve/poison the entire city. With the amount of people inside and ZERO food+water sources it would only take a few days until the entire thing collapses. Not to mention, it is obviously built into a seismic active mountain. Shamans need only rise the lava levels a few meters and there is nothing left of it.

As for Teldrassil....have you ever tried to actually set fire to a tree larger than most mountains planted right in the ocean? I doubt it. Never the less a tree protected by titan blessings. Even IF you managed to set it on fire somehow, do you have any idea how long it would take to actually burn to the top?
    The burning of Teldrassil was one of the greatest shitshows on the "strategic" side of WoW ever. There was exactly one reason why it worked: Because Blizzard wanted that picture of the tree burning so Horde players would rip the box out of their hands. Which they succeeded with.
    The point wasn't attempting to be logical, the point was to demonstrate that if Blizzard were determined to burn the tree down they could have used any option. They could have used fire ships. Or balloons with incendiaries. Or a zepplin on a suicide run. Or sylvanas doing a kamehameha style attack to burn it down herself with mary sue jailer powers.

The difference with the other cities is that they could be rebuilt. Stormwind in fact has been rebuilt. Darnassus can never be rebuilt, as the tree it was built on is ashes.

It's most likely that Ion's comment only impacts the story during and coming-out-of Shadowlands, not the rest of the game. It would be quite the waste for them to implement Chromie leveling, only to render it moot by pulling a Cataclysm revamp yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    It's most likely that Ion's comment only impacts the story during and coming-out-of Shadowlands, not the rest of the game. It would be quite the waste for them to implement Chromie leveling, only to render it moot by pulling a Cataclysm revamp yet again.
    How would it render the new levelling system moot? It would still give us access to previous expansions as alternate levelling paths, Shadowlands too would probably be changed to an alternate path. Only difference is the Kalimdor and EK (and optimistically Outland and Northrend) options would be revamped.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, we will come back to Azeroth, with no time skip, but with a revamp inmind, where we as players help rebuild the world, think about it...

As the horde you can help the undead rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as alliance you can help the night elfs rebuild a new capitol somewhere...

as someone have said in this topic allready, lets us be part of the world that we play in, let stuff just not happen but let us work for it as players an see it grow with us.

There are so much potetial...

Lordareon... (Genn retake Gilenas... Alterac reborn... Stratholm retaken by the argent crusade... ecc)
    Westfall... make Moonbroke become intependate... and go neutral... because of all of the past neglecting from stormwind... ecc

Show the druid of the cenarious circle do regroth in some zones, like the burning steps and other zones, the Cenarious expetion in outland did some very heavy and great terraforming in outland back in BC, so at this point, let them do stuff like that around the world.

in Kalimdor, let us have an Ogrimmar with Race districts... its a capitol... there should be alot of Race diversity inthe city,

And give the Mag'har a town some where on the contient... would be great to see a true Orc town.

I could go on for days... so a revamp is most needed... where we as players change the world into a better future.

PS: the old world would be there, if a player chooses to do cataclysm, they could just go back to the old zones with fading.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Cata Azeroth would still remain, just as an ALTERNATIVE.

Sounds like a timeskip indeed.

Not a huge one, but one enough for there to have been change in the world. I would say it's likely something like 5 years. Probably a few years of peace to rebuild before crazy comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    In the latest Ion interview concerning Shadowlands (Which is still going at time of writing)
    Ion stated "Time moves differently in the shadowlands. Not exactly a X3 or a X10 timewarp persay, but we'll have to see the full extent of this when our characters come out of Shadowlands [into the next expac].

10.0 revamp bois.

And yes, it's too goddamn early for 10.0 discussion, but here you go.
    It's just their way of setting up another faction war. It's been so long since we left now we hate each other again blah blah etc red vs blue is exciting etc.

Seems pretty obvious it's a timejump. How far and how impactful remains to be seen. I just hope its something 'short', that allows for new plots and storylines to develop and to actually update us on the impact of certain actions we did throughout WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't hint a revamp at all. It just says that time might change more so anyone who stays on Azeroth might age decades while we hang out in the ShL for months.

And this is comming for someone who wants a revamp

Well, Ion said we're going to deal with Sargeras' sword at some point. Since Blizzard works 2 expansions in front of live. That would mean 10.0-3 would be dealing with that sword and most likely the Void.

If there is a time shift, that means we need to pay attention to who comes to the shadowlands with us. Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, (insert mortals-anything but an troll//undead/elf/draenei) will age if not in SL. From the comic, Anduin is an old man. This would mean we might see mortals randomly pop up in the Shadowlands. Might be a 9.3 moment where we get aid from "champions" who died during the time spent in Shadowlands.

This makes me question why Tyrande is confirmed in SL. She's already immortal in the sense of aging slowly. They spent time on Jaina, so if she doesn't come with us, she'll surely die off. Then there's bringing Thrall back into the picture, if he doesn't come, he'll be dead too. Also can't forget the entire Horde council - most of them age and will look entirely different if we jump to Anduin being an old man.

I have a feeling if they don't fill in the plot holes, the story is going to become an extreme mess. I can already see 10.0 being the Dragon Isles/Void Expansion with Chromie taking us back to see what happened while we were in SL. I hope not, it's better to just leave characters dead. I can also see Wrathion/Ebonhorn having a ties to the Dragon Isles and the Void corrupting them.

i think in the "macro" storytelling, it can line up and seem cool. I think the loose ends will be too hard to wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    They said they have no plans for revamp.
    comics are not canon, and anduin with everyone in shadowlands, he will not become an old man at 10.0
    What's the point of skipping time?
    Timeskip can be like 5 years. He don't need to jump like 40 years into the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This doesn't hint a revamp at all. It just says that time might change more so anyone who stays on Azeroth might age decades while we hang out in the ShL for months.

And this is comming for someone who wants a revamp
    Id say it "Hints" only because a timeskip would otherwise be fairly pointless. The really the other real plot reason (revamp aside) would be if they wanted to age up the kids, Avengers Endgame style.

Wow has has never really let numbers or time be much of a hurdle. The Scarrlet Crusade get targeted every other expasion yet still have seemingly large membership, without time skips to justify it.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-15 at 04:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not sure what one thing has to do with another, I leave threads when people start to troll, like I'm about to do with this one. So enjoy your pitiful thread even if you don't want to acknowledge game facts.
    "start to troll" = call you out on you not realizing that adventurer's constant use of portals and hearthstones is not actually canon. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Timewarp doesn't really mean anything. We had one after WotLK.
    When did that happen?

Am I crazy, or is benching the player character for a few decades a great opportunity to finally make a WCIV coveting all the events we missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    Well, Ion said we're going to deal with Sargeras' sword at some point. Since Blizzard works 2 expansions in front of live. That would mean 10.0-3 would be dealing with that sword and most likely the Void.

If there is a time shift, that means we need to pay attention to who comes to the shadowlands with us. Jaina, Anduin, Thrall, (insert mortals-anything but an troll//undead/elf/draenei) will age if not in SL. From the comic, Anduin is an old man. This would mean we might see mortals randomly pop up in the Shadowlands. Might be a 9.3 moment where we get aid from "champions" who died during the time spent in Shadowlands.

This makes me question why Tyrande is confirmed in SL. She's already immortal in the sense of aging slowly. They spent time on Jaina, so if she doesn't come with us, she'll surely die off. Then there's bringing Thrall back into the picture, if he doesn't come, he'll be dead too. Also can't forget the entire Horde council - most of them age and will look entirely different if we jump to Anduin being an old man.

I have a feeling if they don't fill in the plot holes, the story is going to become an extreme mess. I can already see 10.0 being the Dragon Isles/Void Expansion with Chromie taking us back to see what happened while we were in SL. I hope not, it's better to just leave characters dead. I can also see Wrathion/Ebonhorn having a ties to the Dragon Isles and the Void corrupting them.

i think in the "macro" storytelling, it can line up and seem cool. I think the loose ends will be too hard to wrap up.
    They don't necessarily have to kill off all the characters who stay behind. 10.0 could feature a mix of new heroes and older characters who have aged.

The Humans would be lead by an old and wise Anduin.
    As the two immortal leaders of the Alliance, Tyrande and Velen will still lead their people.
    Dagran will be of age and leading the Dwarves.
    Mekkatorque is old already so I expect he'd die of old age during the skip. A good chance to bring in a new Gnome hero.
    Genn will have passed away as well, leaving Tess in charge of the Worgen.
    The Tushui are lead by an older Aysa Cloudsinger

On the Horde:

Durak, son of Thrall leads the Orcs while his father wanders the earth as a wise and ancient shaman.
    Baine is the ancient leader of the Tauren and spiritual leader of the Horde.
    Lor'themar is immortal and Lillian Voss probably isn't going anywhere soon either.
    Gazlowe has just been instated as a new goblin leader and is well liked so I can see him sticking around.
    I can see a new hero leading the Trolls as currently they don't have much a leader.
    I think a new leader for the Huojin Pandaren would work as well - the Huojin Pandaren work best with a young hotheaded leader.

Considering the changes made to the leveling experience it makes sense for a revamp. The tricky part would be the flow from the new 1-10 experience into the new time skip content, especially if existing players are able to skip Shadowlands.

A work around would be if the new 1-10 experience was followed by a quest that pulls you into Shadowlands, you experience a quest line that runs alongside the ending events of Shadowlands, then you get spat out into the revamped world where you're able to level from 10-60 in the re imagined zones with updated story or the Chromie zones, and 60-70 would be in a few end zones that exist in the reimagined Azeroth.

A bit ambitious but would be cool.

Except that our character can walk between "real" world and Shadowlands and it's explained in-game, so time skip makes no sense unless something goes down in the final raid.

Yeah and then We'll all remember how lazy is the new Blizzard and we all go full /nope