View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Thank heavens we left back in January, if only the EU accepted we are an independent sovereign nation now. Total waste of time trying to negotiate with these people at the minute. Time to walk away from any talks.

Why is there a dog on the parachute or is that a goat? HAHAHAHA

Who did they hire for their ad campaign lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post

About as bad as the 1/4 million brits who retired in eu? Let alone the ones working.?
    Let them spend their pension money here and stimulate those local economies. While their attitude towards EU citizens in the UK is going to cause an even greater shortage of schooled workers and a brain drain in general. It's not like they aren't already hurting in certain areas and this is only to get increased.

But it's not all bad, i am certain plenty of middle eastern and north african refugees and immigrants can fill up those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Why is there a dog on the parachute or is that a goat? HAHAHAHA

Who did they hire for their ad campaign lol!
    I was wondering if it had some sort of weird connection to the movie or blur album but nope, just some shitty nonsense consistent with whatever else they spew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I was wondering if it had some sort of weird connection to the movie or blur album but nope, just some shitty nonsense consistent with whatever else they spew.
    I mean i don't even get any message from this, they are jumping of a flag pole? Flying away from a flag? Free falling?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I mean i don't even get any message from this, they are jumping of a flag pole? Flying away from a flag? Free falling?
    They photoshopped the ziplines out and put in 'chutes to pretend they weren't stuck? No idea man ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The UK wants a standard FTA, along the lines of those offered to other third nations, and not asking for full access to the single market.
    Oh is passporting already off the table for the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Brexit working as intended.

Nissan is considering moving the manufacturing of two Renault SUV models from Barcelona to its Sunderland plant.

https://www.cityam.com/nissan-consid...derland-plant/

Those Brexit benefits day by day keep on coming.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account

Nissan is considering moving the manufacturing of two Renault SUV models from Barcelona to its Sunderland plant.

Yeup, working as intended, Nissan might move part of its production from Spain to Sunderland. VICTORY

Panasonic (Moved its European headquarters from the UK to Amsterdam)
    P&O (Shifted the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus)
    Sony (Moving European headquarters from the UK to the Netherlands)
    AXA (Moved UK staff to Republic due to Brexit)
    UBS (Moved €32 billion)
    EBA (The European Banking Authority (EBA) closed its Canary Wharf office and will re-open in Paris, France)
    Schaeffler (Closed two UK plants because of Brexit)
    Flybmi (Went bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blamed Brexit as the main cause of its collapse)
    EMA (The European Medicines Agency has closed its doors in the UK with the loss of 900 jobs ahead of Brexit)
    MoneyGram (Will move its European headquarters out of London to Brussels)
    Nissan (Nissan has reversed plans to invest in new manufacturing capacity in the U.K., citing ‘continuing uncertainty’ around Brexit)
    Toyota (Toyota has said that it could end U.K. production as early as 2023 if the country leaves the European Union without a deal)
    Body Shop (Body Shop will be making staff redundant in the UK as they move some of their operations to Europe, ahead of Brexit)
    Michelin (Michelin announced plans to close its factory in Dundee in 2020, nearly 50 years after it opened and where 845 people are employed)

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/23/compa...9/?ito=cbshare
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Mayhem has schooled you pretty well on this. But just to add to the fun......

This is the possibility of moving manufacture of two models that MIGHT save the existing jobs in the Sunderland plant. So the best you can come up with is a chance of saving a bunch of jobs that looked likely to be lost because of Brexit.

That's like shooting yourself in the foot, then saying that because surgeons MIGHT be able to save your foot, shooting yourself was 100% a great thing to do.

This is better than a parody account dribbles, I have to say. If you were attempting to play the part of a clueless Brexiteer who doesn't understand what he's trying to use as propaganda, then bravo.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeup, working as intended, Nissan might move part of its production from Spain to Sunderland. VICTORY
    As i work for BMW, so are they moving things away from the UK. It is a fairy tale once more that this is going to return manufacturing even if they slash their taxes and wages and it is not going to come back as production relies on trade of goods and resources, something the UK will no longer have at the same level post Brexit.

That list is also far greater if we include all those who issued warnings against a no deal scenario.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-05-16 at 02:13 PM.

Looking at the size of the boxes in your signature the UK's economic weight must be mostly air, whereas the EU countries have actual contents in theirs.

(Well, at least it is a slightly new way to mislead with presenting statistics as 3d objects.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Looking at the size of the boxes in your signature the UK's economic weight must be mostly air, whereas the EU countries have actual contents in theirs.

(Well, at least it is a slightly new way to mislead with presenting statistics as 3d objects.)
    Not only 3d, in 2d just for you. Not just air in those boxes, what a lot the EU've lost, how to more than 1/2 the EU in one go hey? 28-18 = new post brexit EU size of 10.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2020_may_bigger_than_18

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

*Snip the dribbling*
    Now compare the UK with the entire EU. Or the UK with China. Or the UK with the US. Since bigger is now better, according to you, talk us through how the MUCH smaller UK will do well when going up against those behemoths.

Or better still, follow up your post about how wonderful the Sunderland news is, since you've since been shown that it was actually just the possibility of saving some of the jobs that Brexit was going to cost.

Do you ever actually read any of these "good news" links you share with us dribbles? Or do you just assume that everyone else loves the fact free method of choosing opinions that you favour?

Brexit; trying to fool you into thinking it's a good idea since 2016.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Not only 3d, in 2d just for you. Not just air in those boxes, what a lot the EU've lost, how to more than 1/2 the EU in one go hey?
    I didn't say that the UK box in 3d was only air - just mostly air, and that's why the non-UK 2d-boxes look bigger compared to the 3d-ones.

And 1/2 the EU is based on comparing the number of countries that have a GDP comparable to the UK. That comparison makes no sense.
    It does not represent loss of GDP (as the countries with small GDP contribute little to the total GDP), which is about 15%.
    It does not represent loss of population (as many of the countries are small), which is about 14%.
    It does not represent loss of number of countries as one out of 28 is just 3.5%.

10+ Year Old Account
    After all who cares about your income being reduced, your job being lost, your future prospects being more grim. All that really matters is how great your nation looks in a neatly constructed comparison designed to make it look better.

When the UK falls deeper and deeper into a recession, all one really has to do is tell them how great their nation looks on paper, that will alleviate all worries about tomorrow, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To me it seems clear the EU is just going through the motions at this point. They are not going to get what they want and they are not willing to give the UK what it wants so we are just on track for no deal. The red lines for both sides are just too far and there is no time for compromises to happen.
    Why blame just the EU for that? It takes two sides to create that distance, two sets of red lines and two loads of intransigence. The UK wants access to the EU club as if it were a member, without playing by the same rules and without paying the membership fee. I don't blame the EU for standing their ground and refusing to offer that.

The EU wants the UK to carry on as if they were a member of the EU, but without some of the perks they currently enjoy.

If a deal is going to happen, then BOTH sides will need to move. But the message coming out of the UK has been crystal clear; they expect all the movement to come from the EU, which isn't going to happen. If one side goes into a negotiation saying "I'm not moving" the only way that is going to result in a deal is if they are in a MUCH stronger position and can simply impose terms. And the UK categorically isn't in that position.

The UK is treating this like the EU are offering terms for surrender. Which is laughable, considering the reality of the situation.

So Brexit will easily be hidden.
    To idiots, maybe. To all the people that will be able to see the EU (and the rest of the world) recovering better and quicker than the UK, it won't be so easily hidden.

And we'll be able to see workers rights getting torn up. And food standards undermined. And Health and Safety undermined. So it really depends on whether the MSM are going to report it properly and whether people are going to bother to keep themselves informed.

The "there are none so blind as those that will not see" group that dribbles belongs to won't see it. But we won't expect them to.

15+ Year Old Account
    But we don't anymore and the UK is clear about it. And while some politicians in member states are still calling for an extension the actual negotiators seem pretty clear in that they don't expect that to happen. The UK has a solid scapegoat with COVID-19 which realistically is indeed going to cause a far greater recession for all of us than Brexit ever would. So Brexit will easily be hidden.
    I don't think the covid-19 part is true, as it will not cause greater recession in the UK than Brexit will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    To idiots, maybe. To all the people that will be able to see the EU (and the rest of the world) recovering better and quicker than the UK, it won't be so easily hidden.

And we'll be able to see workers rights getting torn up. And food standards undermined. And Health and Safety undermined. So it really depends on whether the MSM are going to report it properly and whether people are going to bother to keep themselves informed.

The "there are none so blind as those that will not see" group that dribbles belongs to won't see it. But we won't expect them to.
    Ah but we can see, very happy with an Australian style deal.

As for that bolded nonsense, we have better than EU minimum rights for workers, better health and safety rules and so all that leaves you with as objectionable is cheaper chlorine washed chicken. Oh well just don't eat it - simples.

15 days left for the EU to cave before we are gone gone gone forever, happy days.

Ah but we can see, very happy with an Australian style deal.

As for that bolded nonsense, we have better than EU minimum rights for workers, better health and safety rules and so all that leaves you with as objectionable is cheaper chlorine washed chicken. Oh well just don't eat it - simples.

15 days left for the EU to cave before we are gone gone gone forever, happy days.
    Ah, that must be why the government just voted against protecting those high standards for food? Because they want to maintain them?

https://www.farminguk.com/news/mps-r...rds_55644.html

The UK food industry is against it, people are against it. But the Brexit crew know that the only way they'll get any sort of a deal with the US is to allow them to send their low quality shit over here.

I can't wait until we're allowed to have a certain level of rat hairs in our foodstuff. Taking back control, one rodent flavoured foodstuff at a time.

Still no response to the feedback on your "good news" Sunderland story dribbles? Decided to slink off with your tail between your legs on that one?

15+ Year Old Account
    How so? Brexit would not really have had a chance to cause 5%+ recessions for anyone, not even the RoI, even in the bad scenarios. COVID-19 easily can.
    Covid-19 is short term loss, Brexit long term.