15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Right right.

They barely showed any combat at all so I dunno how you judged that so accurately
    By, you know, looking at the trailers and previews and leaks

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    By, you know, looking at the trailers and previews and leaks
    If you looked at the leaks fine but the trailers were more on the cinematic angle than getting into the nitty gritty of combat

May as well tell me what elden ring combat will be like from its trailer

I doubt you could even imagine it

15+ Year Old Account
    If you looked at the leaks fine but the trailers were more on the cinematic angle than getting into the nitty gritty of combat

May as well tell me what elden ring combat will be like from its trailer

I doubt you could even imagine it
    Yes I can tell what the combat will be like more in an in engine preview over a cgi trailer. I dont know what point youre trying to make

Yes I can tell what the combat will be like more in an in engine preview over a cgi trailer. I dont know what point youre trying to make
    You said footage before the leaks which I was calling bullshit on so you changed your tune to include leaks to make your nonsense more believable

- - - Updated - - -

The footage before the leaks showed the combat was more dynamic so it was already looking better. But I dont want to play as senator armstrong
    Like this one.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because i dont care about reviews and I did watch all of the leaks, thats why i cancelled it. And i cant say i hate a series with only 1 game in it
    Even if you don’t care about reviews you can still game play and what not which wouldn’t be covered by the leaks. Unless all you care about is the story I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    You said footage before the leaks which I was calling bullshit on so you changed your tune to include leaks to make your nonsense more believable

- - - Updated - - -

Like this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsophO6BeNE here is an entire 30 minutes from december. "BUT NO FOOTAGE THOUHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGH"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsophO6BeNE here is an entire 30 minutes from december. "BUT NO FOOTAGE THOUHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGH"
    So you felt comfortable pre ordering after watching a developer q and a but feel the need to cancel after story leaks/outrage on the net. That sounds like an incredibly lame way to enjoy your hobbies but you do you.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you felt comfortable pre ordering after watching a developer q and a but feel the need to cancel after story leaks/outrage on the net. That sounds like an incredibly lame way to enjoy your hobbies but you do you.
    Yes I went from this looks like a marked improvement over the first game with a mildly interesting story with ok characters to DONT FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR SON

This game is honestly just turning into a clusterfuck. Misusing the copyright system to randomly strike some people who speak about the leaks (even when they show no leaked footage or even specifics).The extremely suspicious 5-star reviews on the store despite the game not being reviewable yet. Developers attacking people and getting political on twitter. Seriously, what the fuck is going on with his game. Every single time I see any news it is just another controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    This game is honestly just turning into a clusterfuck. Misusing the copyright system to randomly strike some people who speak about the leaks (even when they show no leaked footage or even specifics).The extremely suspicious 5-star reviews on the store despite the game not being reviewable yet. Developers attacking people and getting political on twitter. Seriously, what the fuck is going on with his game. Every single time I see any news it is just another controversy.
    WTF are you talking about, the PS Store has always allowed reviews on non released games. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...00000000000004 Cyberpunk literally has 5 stars with more total reviews then TLOU2. Literally every game that is preorderable on the PS Store right now has 5 stars https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...PSNPREORDERS/1

If you want to claim this is a problem with the store then by all means do so, but it's not a problem with this game and just shows how silly you are reaching to be oUtRaGeD.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I mean there's no logical reason to preorder a game anyway, it's beyond me why people do it
    Well there can be if there are ore order bonuses you want but even then I always wait till the day before release.

I pre-order for 2 reasons.

I really really REALLY want to play the game at launch.
    I really REALLY want physical collector's edition goodies. with last of us its more of a second reason than the first, but there has to be at least some of the first for me to be that invested into physical goodies that much (I really do want to play the game almost as much as i want that statue of Ellie on my shelf).

digital pre-order bonuses are nice, but more often then not - it eventually becomes possible to get them as an extra DLC, or as part of game of the year edition so they are not as much of a drive for me. physical goodies very rarely go down in price. more often then not - they go UP in price.

but that's just my personal reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    WTF are you talking about, the PS Store has always allowed reviews on non released games. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...00000000000004 Cyberpunk literally has 5 stars with more total reviews then TLOU2. Literally every game that is preorderable on the PS Store right now has 5 stars https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...PSNPREORDERS/1

If you want to claim this is a problem with the store then by all means do so, but it's not a problem with this game and just shows how silly you are reaching to be oUtRaGeD.
    The issue is that it is nearly exclusively 5-star ratings. A game with so much controversy around it would have a way more mixed rating, there would without a doubt be a bunch of mad people giving it 1-star. Weirdly enough, those people seem to all be absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Better be careful, if you disagree with the direction of the game or hate the story you must be bigoted.
    ironicaly its the people that hate the game that obviously are so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    I am so happy the leaks happened.Saved me money and my time.Not going to support this social agenda that they seem to need to cram down our throats all the time.It is also funny how if things go the way they are going Naughty dog will have single handedly set back that movement drastically.Then the spin they are trying to put on all of this to try and salvage it is hilarious.Its a new story every day from naughty dog and sony lol
    oh no,games with people that i disagree with because im a sexist/racist that exist in real life! oh the horror! the evil agenda!!!...ofc the streight white male power fantasy agenda is cool DUH

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that it is nearly exclusively 5-star ratings. A game with so much controversy around it would have a way more mixed rating, there would without a doubt be a bunch of mad people giving it 1-star. Weirdly enough, those people seem to all be absent.
    They are just shielding themselves for all the inevitable hate reviews that will come when the game does get released. No game should allowed to be rated before it is released, and one that has been leaked and driven so much controversy doubly so, shouldn't be allowed to have reviews before release. This certainly is just magnifying the ineptitude of Sony as a company when it comes to ethics and optics.

The issue is that it is nearly exclusively 5-star ratings.
    You have to prepurchase to leave a rating.

Unsurprisingly, the folks who are likely going to give it 0-1/5 ratings either never preordered the game or were going to play it.

There's no shady action at-play. This is pretty normal shit.

Read my post again, read your post again and question reality.

Every single game that can be preordered on the PS Store has 5*s. Edge literally explained the reason for this above. If you want to go preorder it just so you can leave a 1 star by all means my dude but please slow your conspiracy theory bullshit acting like this is in anyway a problem with TLOU2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They are just shielding themselves for all the inevitable hate reviews that will come when the game does get released. No game should allowed to be rated before it is released, and one that has been leaked and driven so much controversy doubly so, shouldn't be allowed to have reviews before release. This certainly is just magnifying the ineptitude of Sony as a company when it comes to ethics and optics.
    Oh boy got a guy doubling down on it. You have been able to rate preorders on the PS Store since the PS3 days but leave it to people like Zograth or Rennadrel to think it's some wild ass conspiracy theory to make TLOU2 look good. If you want to talk about how it's an issue you literally had 8+ years to bring it up but somehow now it's magically a problem because you have to reach for reasons to shit talk a game that is gonna be successful and you're salty about?

Does everybody want to know the best part of this? If Sony disabled reviews for preorders of TLOU2 both of these above posters would be claiming they did it to avoid low reviews lmfao. These people literally want to have their cake and eat it to and never form debates in good faith.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-05-16 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Unsurprisingly, the folks who are likely going to give it 0-1/5 ratings either never preordered the game or were going to play it.

I just don't see the point to being able to rate a game before it comes out myself. It's just a way to bait good early "reviews" from overly hyped people.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh no,games with people that i disagree with because im a sexist/racist that exist in real life! oh the horror! the evil agenda!!!...ofc the streight white male power fantasy agenda is cool DUH
    Right? Hating TLoU2 because of it's agenda is kinda pointless.

He should do it like everyone else and dislike it for the bullshit they did with the plot and the two main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Disregarding how inexplicable it is that you can rate a pre-ordered game to begin with, I think you severely underestimate people's desire to complain about things. A lot of people who are pissed at the changes in the leaks had the game pre-ordered, and likely still do. Based on the amount of ratings (only in the 1000's) compared to the total number of pre-orders, it is just weird how the game can sit comfortably on a 5-star rating. Even if a lot of pissed off people cancelled pre-orders, wouldn't the game at least be 4.5 or 4 stars?

The entire situation just feels off. I don't know if Sony is removing ratings, allowing not everyone to rate, or maybe it just is a genuine 5-star. The thing, no one knows, and Sony has been doing a lot of other shady stuff, and committed many mistakes in how they handled the situation, so they don't really have the benefit of the doubt anymore.