Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    theres not much more rng in our mastery as is i crit tbh
    The only real RNG we have is all these bajillion procs and shit in 8.3. Which honestly is extreme RNG, but not really a class issue.

Mastery is not a problem after all the changes and Chaos Bolt auto-crit is awesome really. I shudder to remember things like Demonbolt in WoD where a lot your damage was riding on whether those two last DBs crit or not. Now that's RNG.

So correct me if I am wrong but the only reason destro was in a "good" place (arguable) was due to azerite traits.

Take those away and we are still below average and our abilities / talents (no CDR on unending resolve makes me bitter still) and we will still be the least played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    So correct me if I am wrong but the only reason destro was in a "good" place (arguable) was due to azerite traits.

Take those away and we are still below average and our abilities / talents (no CDR on unending resolve makes me bitter still) and we will still be the least played.
    Last 2 expansions Destruction always ends up being good at the second half of the expansion. In Legion it has gone under the radar mostly because Affliction was even more bullshit, but if you did pay attention Destruction pumped nicely too.

The way Destruction is setup favors the inevitable stacked and layered systems we always seem to get one way or another, at some point you get so much various systems stack up on top of infernal burst, that Destruction can't help itself but end up pumping.

I think given this rule, it's silly to complain about Destruction performance-wise, because it's literally setup for greatness and the payment for that is a weaker launch state when you still don't have multiple systems up.

Overall, I do think that Blizzard needs to do a talent balance pass exactly to create a viable alternative and level 90 row is the clear key there, all there needs to be done is to make Sacrifice not suck balls, so it's a viable alternative to Supremacy and provides a viable way to have a more stable DPS delivery as opposed to peaks and valleys of Supremacy stacking.

Other than that - as usual, even if Blizzard does absolutely nothing - I expect Destruction to inevitably repeat history 3rd time, because it's how it is setup, pretty much. Start will be weaker spec and by the end it will be a monster, because inevitably you will have all these systems that will stack well with cooldowns.

I remember when everyone always kept a mage in their stable... because at the end of many expansions the gear became so stacked that fire mages with massive crit would destroy everything in their path

Maybe your spec will be fun at the end of the xpac

Have fun bro

5+ Year Old Account
    I want them to remove Grimoire of Supremacy in its current form and increase our baseline damage. That alone would be a very good change.

Destro is garbage now and will be in SL

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I remember when everyone always kept a mage in their stable... because at the end of many expansions the gear became so stacked that fire mages with massive crit would destroy everything in their path

Maybe your spec will be fun at the end of the xpac

Have fun bro
    Nothing has changed. Fire mages are busted and in this particular xpac they and BM hunters have approached Legion Shadow Priest levels of broken. Only reason they haven't been hotfixed is because it's the xpac end tier.

Isn't it fun when two braindead specs with the most mobility in the game and barely any casting are the top two DPS specs? To think people whine of middling havoc demon hunters while fire and BM run amok.

It sure would be awkward at the end of an expansion if a certain class of purple boys were ranked 1,4 and 6 on the ladder, that sure would put complaining about class strength in a weird light, glad that certainly didn't happen ever.

if they are keeping it the same. Love of god, undate the demons then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    WTF are you talking about? I've been playing destro since 2007 and the class is as fun, if not more, as it ever was. If anything, the only thing that the vast majority of destro players are missing is the permanent Infernal as pet in Legion. Other than that I literally miss nothing.
    Clearly you haven't if youre saying dumb sh^t like that. Destro is one of the most braindead boring specs to play in the game and getting worse expac by expac.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2020-05-22 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Clearly you haven't if youre saying dumb sh^t like that. Destro is one of the most braindead boring specs to play in the game and getting worse expac by expac.
    Oh look at that, someone who thinks he's opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

Destro is fine how it is. If u hate it that much than don't play it and stfu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction IS fine.

Literally all of the grievances people have about it can be amended with simple talent balancing, this includes Infernal prominence and the existential need for some to juggle plates everywhere.

EVEN if Blizzard does nothing on top of the little they did in SL for Destruction, it would merely mean that we get a spec that mechanically is sound and is guaranteed to grow into place of power as SL progresses with patches - the way it's setup now it can't help but snowball with more powerful items and stacked systems we will inevitably get down the road.

I personally am curious about AoE in SL. So far Destruction is one of the few specs that are mostly uncapped there and Decimating Bolt + F&B has some pretty silly synergy on top of that. I wonder if it's an oversight or intent.