Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is NOT in the Shadowlands?

Hi there,

Forgive me if I’ve completely misunderstood something or just can’t find the correct information but who actually gets sent to the Shadowlands and who doesn’t?

Like, is it literally every living thing or is it some and not others? Is it only folks who were in Northrend at the time of the Helms destruction or does it span all of Azeroth? What about animals/elementals/ethereal etc? What about anyone who comes through the Dark Portal? Saying this is it every living thing from the whole universe?!

If anyone can clear this up that would be great.

Cheers
    Last edited by Declaron; 2020-05-16 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Typos

Old Blanchy better be there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Old Blanchy better be there.
    Well since Old Blanchy is dead I would expect them to be there already

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Not gonna' lie the fact that you spoilered that is actually hilarious to me.

That being said I haven't heard anything about Genn or Velen so I assume they're staying behind.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Doesn't this ask very profound metaphysical questions about animal ethics and morality with respect to the afterlife? Wasps are assholes, agreed, but what about weasels? Deep, deep waters.

- - - Updated - - -

Noooooooo!!!!!

Probably Varian.

Old Blanchy is in Ardenweald waiting to be reincarnated as Tyrande's next lover.

Saying this is it every living thing from the whole universe?!
    Why would living things be there, outside the ones that either went purposely or got sucked in at ICC?

Now, formerly living things will be found aplenty.

I don't think there's an official answer for your question yet
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Crusader Bridenbrad (hopefully).

7+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if I’ve completely misunderstood something or just can’t find the correct information but who actually gets sent to the Shadowlands and who doesn’t?
    ALL mortal souls are sent to the Shadowlands upon death.

The only execption are wild gods who get sent to Ardenweald, but Ard is some sort of extension to the ED according to Ion.
    Every other non-mortal, like demons/elementals/void or light creatures, get sent back to their respective realms.

Demons to the TN, Elementals to the Elemental Planes, etc.
    What about anyone who comes through the Dark Portal? Saying this is it every living thing from the whole universe?!
    It doesn't matter what world you were born on, you get sent to the SL, it's not some Azeroth exclusive thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi there,

Like, is it literally every living thing or is it some and not others? Is it only folks who were in Northrend at the time of the Helms destruction or does it span all of Azeroth? What about animals/elementals/ethereal etc? What about anyone who comes through the Dark Portal? Saying this is it every living thing from the whole universe?!

If anyone can clear this up that would be great.

Cheers
    it's a good question; does every planet have their own Shadowlands? their own Arbiter/Jailer? given that they are older than the Titans I would say no. I think there is one Shadowlands for the universe with many, many realms/zones in it and the Maw is at the centre of it all.

who we will see there; anyone who died on Azeroth basically.
    who we won't see: demons who died on planets that are in or connected to the Twisting Nether, elementals who were killed inside their plane of existence (sorry Raggy), Old Gods (they get sent back to the Void) and of course Mankrik's Wife - because if he found her, what is the point

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's a good question; does every planet have their own Shadowlands? their own Arbiter/Jailer? given that they are older than the Titans I would say no. I think there is one Shadowlands for the universe with many, many realms/zones in it and the Maw is at the centre of it all.
    Which is corroborated by the fact that Blizzard already said it's a one-for-all deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh most certainly will not.

Although I would love to see the unholy union of Garrosh, Fandral Staghelm, and Garithos cause mayhem across the Shadowlands.

The Unholy Trio of Esoteric Exclusivity.

5+ Year Old Account
    The souls of mortals go to the Shadow Lands.

Elementals when killed on Azeroth return to the elemental planes, if killed there they are wiped from existence, like souls in the Shadowlands if killed again there.

- - - Updated - - -

The souls of mortals go to the Shadow Lands.

Elementals when killed on Azeroth return to the elemental planes, if killed there they are wiped from existence, like souls in the Shadowlands if killed again there.

Varian should not be present in the Shadowlands because he was killed by Gul'dan by blowing him up with Fel. His soul was destroyed.

Ok I kinda get it, but does that mean that "we" as "champions" are all dead now? or are we the living who have been taken to the land of the dead?

Also, why wouldn't Garrosh be there, he died in our timeline did he not?

Gul'dan was banished so he wont be there.

Archimonde theoretically should be there no?! and KJ?

Arthas probably won't be there

probably none Legion/demon affiliated will be there, they get banished to the twisting nether when they die

Ok I kinda get it, but does that mean that "we" as "champions" are all dead now? or are we the living who have been taken to the land of the dead?
    Explicitly the latter. Which causes some confusion at least at first. Garrosh died in AU Draenor, though that shouldn't make any difference. He just isn't relevant to the plot.

Archimonde and KJ are demons.